Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:41 am

Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall who is the Fairest of them all......

Episode 1 of this series brought us the HIGH's
Episode 2 of this series brought us the LOW's
Episode 3 of this series brought us the DISAPPOINTING
Episode 4 of this series brought us the SURPRISES
Episode 5&6 Spoiler of this series brought us the SPOILER FOR 5 & 6
Episode 5 of this series brought us the Season Review for PP Conference

Now on to the grand finale...The last episode in this series, Episode 6 the Season Review of the RR Conference

Let's get to it..

As always the data is derived from our Team Rankings Survey that we did after the conclusion of our draft and from the Minors Survey Game
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Its gearing up to be a boring Week 17 in the NFL, teams are sitting starters, the Roster War's Champions have been crowned (Congrats PP Conf for taking it home in the Minors), so what else is left but to reflect on what once was and what could have been... Justin and his Hive of Bee's took down all of the Rising Rookies and made a show of it in the Championship week. Just like in the PP Conference with Bob's Slashers no one saw that coming. Except Justin.. I ran a separate poll (not pictured here and no names given for safety sake) asking all of Justin's bee's who thought he would be as successful as he was this year and, well here is a nice way of saying it in picture form when I asked them what they thought of their "Master's" team.

But Justin with a regular season record of 4-8 and an incredible All Play Record of 241-127 snuck into the playoffs as the #6 Seed. He was the 1st person called out in the main bracket play and laid a smackdown on a puppy, winning in Week 13 by 60 points. He went on to beat the #4 Seed a gorilla of a team in Week 14 by 40 points, and then in Week 15 to earn him the title of the RR King Bee he took down the #1 Seed, a pig of a fellow by 80 points. Justin handed teams their asses in the playoffs after barely getting in. And lost in the RW championship by 20.

Who saw that coming ?

Just Justin.. .

Justin's playoff demise came at the hand of the Slashers, who was also the #6 Seed and had a very similar route to the title. Slashers got called out first in Week 13 cause some chump high school kitty kat thought he was easy prey, but was sorely mistaken, Slashers won by 25. Week 14 he put some angelic touches on some demons and won by 15, and then in Week 15 he crushed the souls of all of Sparta by taking home the PP Ship by 40 points.. Both #6 Seeds that got in the playoffs cause of All Play, both had to beat not only the 3 seed, but then the 1 seed to get the respect they deserved. The vision that no one else saw in them.. Slashers was voted as a top 4 team in the preseason rankings, the Marauders.... ehh not soo much. Marauders were voted to finish last, and a whole article in this series was dedicated to his success (Episode 1). 17 out of 19 votes where for him to finish in the bottom 3, 13 of them were for him to finish dead last...

But here he is King of RR

So folks were dead wrong in the RR, what else did we either get wrong or right?  
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We discussed in episode 3 that Ghoji's team just had a crap year, and as just discussed we talked about Justin and his come out of nowhere season in episode 1.. Young Matt however was a surprise that didn't even get the attention of this article until now. Voted 12 out of 19 times to finish in the bottom 4 he sure did make some folks take notice.
Some one buy him a beer, that he can drink in a few years when is is of age.

On to the Divisional End of Year stats...

For Chapter 10 the Pigskins took down the division and earned the #1 Seed going into the playoffs. Matt was predicted to be a favorite from the get go, but somehow in the survey game got less than half the votes to win his division. Folks who predicted right were: Ravens, Mayhem, Viktors, Piggies, Arsenic, Rottweilers, Vipers and Silverbacks.

* Tim (Patriots) predicted the PP Conference with 100% accuracy, and Matt (Silverbacks) did it on the RR side.

For Chapter 11 Keith (I before E except after K) Nuked his division to take the crown. 4 people saw that coming, the Slashers, Demons, Kieth and of course the Silverbacks.

And in Chapter 12 the mighty Silverbacks took it down. Just like it was in PP for the Spartans if you didn't pick Matt's team to out-gorilla the competition then you had issues... Mayhem, Viktors and Marauders all picked Justin which you gotta feel some victory for seeing as he won it all for RR but you still got this wrong so you 3 can join the Galactic-flamingos, Afterglow, Unicorns, Dopplegangers and Vipers on that short bus..

Outside of Matt predicting all the Chapter Winners correct in RR the Rising Rookie Team that predicted the most correct winners of Chapters in the Minor Survey game was......
Arsenic, Silverbacks & Patriots.. They all predicted 4 of the 6 Chapter winners, Marauders was the least in RR going 0 for 6. Congrats guys

Which will now bring us to the last part of the season review, the end of year awards..

So out of the 20 owners who input their educated guesses (10 out of 12 in RR) here are the results from every category and who ranked the best for most right, and highest cumulative total for their submissions:

( Once again, I took scores from Week 1 to Week 12 (the RW regular season) and ranked out who was the best in each of those categories to calculate these totals)

For Chapter 10 the Pigskins & Dopplegangers tied with 2 correct out of the 12 categories. Matt with picks of Reshad Jones & Bobby Wagner and Ben with selections of Travis Kelce & AB.
For Chapter 10 Ben made the best picks in all 12 categories with the total fantasy points of his 12 selections equaling 1863.84 points.

For Chapter 11 the Rottweilers picked 4 out of 12 categories correctly with AB, Travis Kelce, Snacks Harrison & Cameron Jordan.
For Chapter 11 the Rottweilers made the best picks in all 12 categories with the total fantasy points of his 12 selections equaling 1902.44 points.

**Young Matt gets the GOLD STAR as he was the owner that not only picked the most accurately on the season ending totals, but even his picks that didnt finish as the top at that position were picks that were valuable. He picked the most accurate and the most points total from all his picks. Way to go !! **

For Chapter 12 the Silverbacks picked 2 out of 12 categories correctly with Antonio Brown & Travis Kelce.
For Chapter 12 the Silverbacks made the best picks in all 12 categories with the total fantasy points of his 12 selections equaling 1662.44 points.

And because it is worth mentioning, and pointing and laughing at (in good fun). Justin's picks of Mack Hollins as the best offensive rookie and Obi Melifonwu as the best defensive rookie missed the mark in those categories just slightly as Mack Hollins finished with 39.2 fantasy points at WR #104 and Obi finished the RW year with 13 points, at Safety #153

It was a great year, and a fun time looking back on our predictions as it played out. Congrats to everyone!!

ALOHA in Hawaii mean's love, peace, compassion, hello & goodbye...

SO

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:50 am

You had me at the Tombstone gif.  love 

I like going back to see how all the survey picks ended up.  This has been a great series write up all season.  vote yes

If you're looking for the #1 fan of  "Mirror Mirror On The Wall".

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:55 am

Nice job, Sam.  I'll admit, though, I haven't been a regular follower of the Minor folks.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:46 am

Well done Sam. Really appreciate the effort you put into all of these and it helps non-Minor owners know what the skinny is over there.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:07 am

Great Job Sam.....so many things to look at weekly that we dont always think about.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:29 am

Great job man!

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:55 am

Nice write up Sam! Always a great read. Thanks for not shitting on my last place finish laughing

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:15 am

Great gif and great article Sam. Thanks for the gold star.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:59 am

Awesome article as usual Sam!

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:05 pm

Thanks everyone. I really enjoyed writing this series this season and will look to somehow play a part in our community next year.

I will say I got mad respect for all those that pitch in and do these articles. I get a lot of enjoyment out of reading them, and its not lost on me the amount of work that goes in to providing them. So thank you RW for being RW.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:18 pm

aloha

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Very well done as always. Aloha indeed. love

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Awesome job Sam! I loved this all season!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:42 am

This was a great read! Thanks brother! cheers

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:36 pm

Great season everyone in the Minors.... Looking forward to the off-season.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Great work! Was I the only one that stared at the last gif a little too long before realizing that I'm at work?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Great work!  Was I the only one that stared at the last gif a little too long before realizing that I'm at work?

I'm not at work. All I'm saying. lol3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6    

Back to top Go down

Mirror Mirror On The Wall. A reflection series - EPISODE 6
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: