x
x
x
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:34 am

Conference Championship Round of the 2017 Roster Wars Playoffs
By:  Mike Diggs

Welcome everyone to the 2-Minute Drill... It's time for the Conference Championship Round in the World War VI Playoffs!  The #6 Eternals travel to the #2 Mayhem while the #2 Steel Cats host the #6 Bombers for the chance to battle for the biggest prize in the game... We will also go over the Best of the Worst finals and the Clash for the Last of the Cash finals... Let's get right to the action on this playoff edition of the 2-Minute Drill!

WORLD WAR VI - DASTARDLY DOZEN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Indiana Mayhem 318.62pts (+1) at Minnesota Eternals 295.02pts (+1)
It's going to come down to Monday night for the DD... The Eternals find themselves down 23pts with WR Mohamed Sanu waiting to play.  Sanu has cracked 20pts a couple times this season, but never hit that 23pt mark so it's a long shot... What makes it harder for Minnesota is that the Mayhem have S Keanu Neal to play and protect that lead!  Indiana is 60 minutes of football away from battling for their very first Roster Wars Championship and they have a VERY GOOD possibility of doing just that... Congrats to both on great seasons!

WORLD WAR VI - TERRIBLE TWELVE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Norfolk Bombers 279.52pts (+1) at Hamilton Steel Cats 326.06pts (+1)
The Hamilton Steel Cats haven't been to the title game since Year One in Roster Wars, where they lost to the Wyoming Headhunters and they have been clawing and scratching ever since to get back and earn another opportunity... It appears the wait is over!  The Cats have built up a monstrous 47pt lead and they still have a guy named WR Julio Jones waiting to play.  As for the Bombers... Solid effort and a hell of a year to get to this point... But just not enough firepower.  And with only S Keanu Neal waiting to play, they will be left to wonder all off-season what they could have done differently.  Congrats to both on great seasons!

BEST OF THE WORST - DASTARDLY DOZEN CONFERENCE FINALS
Atlanta Africans 278.78pts (+1) at Dos Faces Degenitals 184.50pts (+1)
The Africans steam-rolled pinkie in this one as Atlanta took an early lead in this one and never looked back.  The Degenitals get to just count the days until they return to their colors... Whatever they were, I don't remember.

BEST OF THE WORST - TERRIBLE TWELVE CONFERENCE FINALS
Kane County Goon Squad 259.94pts (+1) at Charm City Justice 281.88pts (+1)
On the flip side... The Goonies look like they ran out of steam in this one.  They find themselves down 22pts with LB Deion Jones to go, which means there is a chance... If only the Justice didn't still have QB Jameis Winston waiting to play that is.  Hell, maybe his linebacker will sack his QB on the first play of the game... Sack... Strip... Fumble Recovery... Touchdown... Winston out for the game... It could happen right?

CLASH FOR CASH - DASTARDLY DOZEN CONFERENCE FINALS
Littleton SilverBallers 299.80pts (+2) at England Dragons 328.48pts
As the cash starts to get gobbled up... These teams are fighting for the last of it... The SilverBallers find themselves down 29pts but they do have RB Devonta Freeman and WR Julio Jones waiting to go.  They should have no issues making up the difference and pulling out the win... That's not the story in this one.  The real story is the injury to WR Antonio Brown and the benching of QB Andy Dalton.  What will Littleton look like next week if they pull this one out?  As for the Dragons... The utter disappointment to end the season continues this week... Great score... Another loss... Sometimes fantasy football just isn't fair...

CLASH FOR CASH - TERRIBLE TWELVE CONFERENCE FINALS
Naperville Divine 275.12pts (+1) at North Wales Knights 318.92pts (+1)
And finally... The Divine and Knights locked up in this one for the TT side of things and it surely appears to be over... Naperville is down 43pts with only TE O.J. Howard waiting to go.  The North Wales Knights have WR Mike Evans and a chance as to Clash for the Last of the Cash next week!

That wraps it up for this edition.  Catch you all next week for the League Championship Round of the 2-Minute Drill!  Good night everybody!

-Mike Diggs

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:44 am

I am not going to watch one minute tonight...I am just going to wake up and sign onto RW and see how it went. Thanks for the article and good luck Eternals...but somehow let me win too.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:55 am

Thanks Rob! Great article, just wish the Bombers still had a chance!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:22 am

Big W in a meaningless game party3

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:27 am

Love this with my morning cup of coffee. Thanks Man!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:29 am

Good stuff as always Rob. clap

And good game Derrick. It isn't over yet but I'm struggling to see how I can hold on without an injury, especially with Freeman having the backfield to himself.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:01 am

England Dragons wrote:
Good stuff as always Rob.  clap

And good game Derrick. It isn't over yet but I'm struggling to see how I can hold on without an injury, especially with Freeman having the backfield to himself.

cheers

Good game to you Jon as well.  

I thought for sure I was up shits creek when the best WR in the NFL went down.......  But maybe I can still pull this one out

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:51 am

After everything that this season was for my squad, it's devastating to go down here. I suppose way back there was a point when I could have folded up and waited for the future but instead pulled every stop to hang in there and once that decision was made it would be championship or heartbreak so just need to accept it. Somehow it's worse when Carla lost a WR, I got Rodgers back and Gurley gets 4 TDs and yet enough of my other players who routinely get double digits just left me hanging so here we sit.

I honestly had Sanu pegged for a big game this week so if he was all that was left I would have some hope...but short of Neal being injured almost immediately he has been much too consistent to not guarantee the win for the Mayhem.

Good game Carla and best of luck next week!

I'm glad that Todd will be returning to the big game too. Nothing against Dave/Ben, but the Bombers being there without Dave at the helm just doesn't feel right.

Silver-lining for myself...had I won this week, I would have been a complete pile next Sunday while my family is trying to celebrate Xmas Eve cuz being in the World War of RW isn't something I could just act like wasn't happening. Now, I can easily be a family guy and check later to see that I kicked BenDave in the nuts.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:24 am

Gotta be loyal to my conference and root for all the TT guys in their matchups this coming week (except Russ, of course).

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:34 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'm glad that Todd will be returning to the big game too. Nothing against Dave/Ben, but the Bombers being there without Dave at the helm just doesn't feel right.

I agree, I felt a bit bad winning the last couple of weeks. Todd will represent well.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:38 am

It looks like Dave has logged in a few times - is there any update on his return?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:42 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
It looks like Dave has logged in a few times - is there any update on his return?

No update right now. I'm glad he has been able to stop by but we're not supposed to reconvene until January.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:51 am

This has been a great read all season long and it's always been sitting on my front porch right on schedule.  Rain or shine, you've always delivered!  clap

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:28 pm

Hell, maybe his linebacker will sack his QB on the first play of the game... Sack... Strip... Fumble Recovery... Touchdown... Winston out for the game... It could happen right?

vote yes

high five

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Thanks again for your timely work, Mr. Diggs!

Good game, Craig!

Congrats to Todd! Represent Chapter 5

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:29 pm

After everything that this season was for my squad, it's devastating to go down here.  I suppose way back there was a point when I could have folded up and waited for the future but instead pulled every stop to hang in there and once that decision was made it would be championship or heartbreak so just need to accept it.  Somehow it's worse when Carla lost a WR, I got Rodgers back and Gurley gets 4 TDs and yet enough of my other players who routinely get double digits just left me hanging so here we sit.

I honestly had Sanu pegged for a big game this week so if he was all that was left I would have some hope...but short of Neal being injured almost immediately he has been much too consistent to not guarantee the win for the Mayhem.

I'm glad that Todd will be returning to the big game too.  Nothing against Dave/Ben, but the Bombers being there without Dave at the helm just doesn't feel right.

Silver-lining for myself...had I won this week, I would have been a complete pile next Sunday while my family is trying to celebrate Xmas Eve cuz being in the World War of RW isn't something I could just act like wasn't happening.  Now, I can easily be a family guy and check later to see that I kicked BenDave in the nuts.

Yeah, you could have just lost last week.

Cunt.

wink

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Nice work Mr. Diggs.

Good game Joe. You really kicked my ass.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Gotta be loyal to my conference and root for all the TT guys in their matchups this coming week (except Russ, of course).

Way too tow the company line, Ed. Good man! The rhetoric has dimmed down some over the years about who's the best Conference etc... but ya got to be loyal to your brand, man. That's just the way it is. So props for pulling the team line. thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:49 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:

Good game, Craig!

Congrats to Todd!  Represent Chapter 5

Thanks Joe, I'll try to do my best, man.
Got the first version of the line-up already set last night, I'm ever so slightly ahead of the speed curve this week for any article writers.

BTW, Joe start working on the Pro Bowl rosters for Chapter 5, you won the Chapter so you're the defacto boss on the line-up we set.  We came close last year, so bring it home for the Five Uh O's this year.

cool2

P.S. Thanks to Rob for another well done write up on his 2 minute drill. Appreciated brother!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:26 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:

Good game, Craig!

Congrats to Todd!  Represent Chapter 5

Thanks Joe, I'll try to do my best, man.
Got the first version of the line-up already set last night, I'm ever so slightly ahead of the speed curve this week for any article writers.

BTW, Joe start working on the Pro Bowl rosters for Chapter 5, you won the Chapter so you're the defacto boss on the line-up we set.  We came close last year, so bring it home for the Five Uh O's this year.

cool2

P.S.  Thanks to Rob for another well done write up on his 2 minute drill.  Appreciated brother!

Congrats to Todd and Carla and appreciate the line-up in early Todd!

cheers

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:02 am

After everything that this season was for my squad, it's devastating to go down here.  I suppose way back there was a point when I could have folded up and waited for the future but instead pulled every stop to hang in there and once that decision was made it would be championship or heartbreak so just need to accept it.  Somehow it's worse when Carla lost a WR, I got Rodgers back and Gurley gets 4 TDs and yet enough of my other players who routinely get double digits just left me hanging so here we sit.

I'm glad that Todd will be returning to the big game too.  Nothing against Dave/Ben, but the Bombers being there without Dave at the helm just doesn't feel right.

Silver-lining for myself...had I won this week, I would have been a complete pile next Sunday while my family is trying to celebrate Xmas Eve cuz being in the World War of RW isn't something I could just act like wasn't happening.  Now, I can easily be a family guy and check later to see that I kicked BenDave in the nuts.

Overall Andy you have had a tough year.  One thing, if all your players would not have ended on IR you woulda had a difficult time figuring out who to start weekly and missing on those stings.  A better position to be in no doubt.

My goal when the Zeke stuff started happening...suspended not suspended etc.....was how do I fix this and not give up all of my future picks? Trading with Muskies and Gadabouts was my only source of hope and it ended pretty well no matter what happens next week. I wouldnt of made the playoffs without Bell and Zeke sitting out these games. In the end I no longer own Luck or Zeke but I at least own Wilson and Bell. Not sure how that really ends up, but for this year it was necessary.

I shoulda started Manning but instead I left those points on the floor....and Lee as you mentioned getting injured right away as well as Adams going out in the 3rd quarter while figuring out Gurley had a monster game made me afraid to even look Sunday night.  I still was afraid with Sanu being alive for you during MNF and had the same faith in him as you did when you set the lineup.  

It was a great game and never did I feel like I ever would open my computer with a win until the very end.  Thanks for the stress.....ya savage!

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:54 am

Good luck Carla in the big game. And grats to the TT fellow cat lover too!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)   

Back to top Go down

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fifteen (Conference Finals)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: