x

Share | 

Vasectomy anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tallahassee Showboats

PostSubject: Vasectomy anyone?   Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:18 pm

So I am 41 yrs old, I have a 12 yr old son, and a 5 week old son. The wife is wanting me to "take one for the team" and get a vasectomy. I scheduled the darn thing, but less than a week out from the procedure I'm having cold feet. Does anyone have any ideas how to get out of this? Or more realistically how to deal with the impending pain? scared
Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:44 pm

I had frozen peas waiting for me in the car! It is super uncomfortable and super awkward, but it is over in like 15 minutes. I had mine done on a Friday morning and was back to work Tuesday, I have to do a lot of walking climbing and squatting at my job. I was tender for about a week but it was fine. Stay caught up on your ibeprofen and ICE ICE ICE!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:57 pm

i think we talked about this before - but cant find the thread

either way - no snipers coming near my junk!

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:01 pm

Yeah somebody asked about it over the summer.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:14 pm

I think I will try to plan mine around an opening weekend of March Madness when I finally have the balls to get my balls snipped.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:34 pm

I appreciate your willingness to open up right from the start, Titans. laughing

At least you’ll have college bowl season to keep you entertained, I guess

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:24 am

I dont see what the big deal is......If a wife asks you should do it. You dont know the half of what we have to put up with. It's a week at best of uncomfortableness. It isnt like you have to carry a baby for 9 mos (twice) like your wife. Have boobs full of milk (that is uncomfortable much past one week) Have weight gain after pregnancy (it too lasts more than 1 week) take birth control during your lifetime, give up smoking, heroine, meth and beer for 9 mo.

WE HAVE ALOT of sacrafices......get the spaghetti line cut. Geesh.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:55 am

Denver Demons wrote:
I appreciate your willingness to open up right from the start, Titans.

Ballsy right? lol3

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:11 am

I will get one when it is time, no fear.

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:48 am

Tallahassee Titans wrote:
So I am 41 yrs old, I have a 12 yr old son, and a 5 week old son. The wife is wanting me to "take one for the team" and get a vasectomy. I scheduled the darn thing, but less than a week out from the procedure I'm having cold feet. Does anyone have any ideas how to get out of this? Or more realistically how to deal with the impending pain? scared  

Here was my previous response to the previous Vasectomy thread....

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
I cant say that I had a vasectomy but close enough!  wink  I had to get  my stomach area cut open while the doctor proceeded to literally cut chunks of meat out of me all while I was unconscious with a breathing tube stuck down my throat. Couldn't eat or drink anything 24 hours prior to the surgery. the surgery lasted about 2 hours. Had a bad reaction to the anesthetic since I didn't have anything in my stomach and had to stay the night at the hospital. Recovery time was 8 weeks. First two weeks in a lot of pain and only pain killers would do the trick.  I will take a bag of peas and aches any day over what I had to do. I think Andy would have too!  I can't speak from experience but I think a vasectomy would be much easier than what a lady has to go through to achieve the same results. So suck it up boys and get it done!  laughing

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:09 am

Not only that but birth control for women is basically torture.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:18 am

I had mine does several years ago. Like many, I was hesitant, but it was really no big deal.

My advice is do whatever the doctor tells you to do post procedure. I did and had no problems. My friend had his done in the morning and by the afternoon he felt fine. He decided to where a robe and underwear and walk around. By that night, he was swollen and in major pain.

Take my advice; buy some video games and spend the next couple of days playing. You won't go wrong stocking up on peas and video games.

Take advantage of the recovery time.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:26 am

Manhattan Beach Patriots wrote:
I had mine does several years ago.  Like many, I was hesitant, but it was really no big deal.

My advice is do whatever the doctor tells you to do post procedure.  I did and had no problems.  My friend had his done in the morning and by the afternoon he felt fine.  He decided to where a robe and underwear and walk around.  By that night, he was swollen and in major pain.

Take my advice; buy some video games and spend the next couple of days playing.  You won't go wrong stocking up on peas and video games.

Take advantage of the recovery time.

This is good advice without a vasectomy too.  lol

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:17 am

Mrs. Eternals wrote:

Here was my previous response to the previous Vasectomy thread....

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
I cant say that I had a vasectomy but close enough!  wink  I had to get  my stomach area cut open while the doctor proceeded to literally cut chunks of meat out of me all while I was unconscious with a breathing tube stuck down my throat. Couldn't eat or drink anything 24 hours prior to the surgery. the surgery lasted about 2 hours. Had a bad reaction to the anesthetic since I didn't have anything in my stomach and had to stay the night at the hospital. Recovery time was 8 weeks. First two weeks in a lot of pain and only pain killers would do the trick.  I will take a bag of peas and aches any day over what I had to do. I think Andy would have too!  I can't speak from experience but I think a vasectomy would be much easier than what a lady has to go through to achieve the same results. So suck it up boys and get it done!  laughing

Yeah! Suck it up and get it done! Me? No way...I don't like frozen peas. I'm good. wink

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:52 am

I think I brought up the previous topic since I got mine done this year. I didn't have a smooth recovery like most people do so it's not all sunshine and rainbows. But it is fine once all is healed up. Hopefully yours goes very smoothly and it's not as bad as you are thinking it will be. I'd do it all over again as the end result is worth it. Best of luck.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:10 am

Don't sweat it.  You've got nothing to worry about.  As a matter of fact, I think the vasectomy has already taken place.

Titans wrote:
I must say reading it was better than any of my guilty pleasures i.e The Bachelor, and Housewives of Atlanta.
grin vote yes

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:49 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I dont see what the big deal is......  It isnt like you have to carry a baby for 9 mos (twice) like your wife.  Have boobs full of milk (that is uncomfortable much past one week) Have weight gain after pregnancy (it too lasts more than 1 week) take birth control during your lifetime, give up smoking, heroine, meth and beer for 9 mo.

WE HAVE ALOT of sacrafices......get the spaghetti line cut.  Geesh.

How'd no one comment on Carla and her read between the lines drug addiction? It's okay Carla, I'm here for you.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:11 am

Polk High Panthers wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I dont see what the big deal is......  It isnt like you have to carry a baby for 9 mos (twice) like your wife.  Have boobs full of milk (that is uncomfortable much past one week) Have weight gain after pregnancy (it too lasts more than 1 week) take birth control during your lifetime, give up smoking, heroine, meth and beer for 9 mo.

WE HAVE ALOT of sacrafices......get the spaghetti line cut.  Geesh.

How'd no one comment on Carla and her read between the lines drug addiction? It's okay Carla, I'm here for you.

I didn't say anything because there is no way that a heroine addict or a meth head is giving up their drug just to have a healthy pregnancy. Haha

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:19 am

I would love to have milk in my boobs. Imagine the time saved not having to go to the store.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:23 am

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
I would love to have milk in my boobs. Imagine the time saved not having to go to the store.

Shocked

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:27 am

Latvia Unicorns wrote:

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:03 am

I had mine done a few years back. It’s a few days of pain but a much more minor procedure than the equivalent for my wife.  After seeing her birth our three kids, it’s the least I could do.

Few recommendations that helped me.
- You’re gonna be out of commission for a few days. I scheduled mine for a Thursday and was ok to go back to work (desk job) on Monday. Was essentially parked on the couch for 3 days. Have something to do.
- Have someone drive you. You’re not gonna want to worry about driving a car on the way home.
- Doc gave me some good meds for the pain and I agree with Mitch that frozen peas is better than a bag of ice cubes.

It is scary, but like I said, it’s a small price to pay when you consider the alternative for your wife. Plus, you win some nice brownie points with the Mrs. too (at least I did)

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:28 am

Latvia Unicorns wrote:

no!

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:39 am

Way worse getting that crap reversed then getting it done the first time..

So A. make sure your wife is good with the no more kids decision and B. the bag of pea's is a life saver then lastly C. after a few days your gonna feel back to normal but follow the doc's advice and still take it easy for a few weeks.

I had a buddy go to change a tire at like day 5 or 6 post procedure and busted a suture. not fun for him

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:59 am

So A. make sure your wife is good with the no more kids decision and B. the bag of pea's is a life saver then lastly C. after a few days your gonna feel back to normal but follow the doc's advice and still take it easy for a few weeks.

I had a buddy go to change a tire at like day 5 or 6 post procedure and busted a suture. not fun for him

I can only imagine his horror of discovering your sack is bleeding.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:

I can only imagine his horror of discovering your sack is bleeding.

Oh, fuck. That's terrifying!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Oh, and sweet colors Mitch!

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

surrender  I don't like all this talk about Nut Cuts! surrender

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Oh, and sweet colors Mitch!

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Titans wrote:
 Vasectomy anyone?  

thinking2

open mouth  

I'll Pass...thanks! sweating

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Wait until after the procedure and you have to ejaculate 50 times or so to clear the tubes. Based on my sex rate of 1st Tuesday of the Quarter, I will be clear in just over 12 years.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Wait until after the procedure and you have to ejaculate 50 times or so to clear the tubes.  Based on my sex rate of 1st Tuesday of the Quarter, I will be clear in just over 12 years.

I hope that's not true! lol3 lol3 lol3

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Wait until after the procedure and you have to ejaculate 50 times or so to clear the tubes.  Based on my sex rate of 1st Tuesday of the Quarter, I will be clear in just over 12 years.

Yeah that’s the hardest part. Maybe brownie points will get some assistance. lol3

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:53 am

No assistance in my household. it was rough.

Back to top Go down
Tallahassee Showboats

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:05 pm

So I just finished the procedure, and the procedure itself wasn't bad, but the pain afterwards is real! I am in the bed right now and I don't plan on getting out of it for at least 3 days.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:32 pm

So I just finished the procedure,  and the procedure itself wasn't bad, but the pain afterwards is real!  I am in the bed right now and I don't plan on getting out of it for at least 3 days.

Damn I just cringed, Good Luck with a speedy recovery.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:39 pm

So I just finished the procedure,  and the procedure itself wasn't bad, but the pain afterwards is real!  I am in the bed right now and I don't plan on getting out of it for at least 3 days.

merry christmahanakwanza.

Back to top Go down
Tallahassee Showboats

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:01 pm

California Nightmare wrote:

merry christmahanakwanza.

Hilarious Call Nightmare! I wish I could come back with some witty comeback, thinking but the pain is too present. Thanks for the laugh!
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:15 pm

Better you than me Brian. That's all I know. Hopefully it's a speedy recovery!

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:57 pm

I spoke to Brian today and he is acting like a total pansy. Waaahh, Waaahh, my testicles hurt. That sort of thing. I hear it helps if you stick a popsicle up your rectum to ease the pain from inside out. Try that and let us know how it goes.

In all seriousness, you should feel better tomorrow. Good luck with your recovery.

Back to top Go down
Tallahassee Showboats

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:48 am

Update: So more than 2 weeks after the procedure I was still experiencing pain and swelling. The doctor said something like "men with more to work with tend to have more complications after surgery than other men" but I digress. Apparently, I have an infection. The doctor prescribed antibiotics, and I'm already feeling better. This experience sucked!!! If I could go back in time I would not do it. My so called friends Sam and Craig that said that having a vasectomy was no big deal...You guys suck!!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:03 am

Tallahassee Showboats wrote:
Update: So more than 2 weeks after the procedure I was still experiencing pain and swelling. The doctor said something like "men with more to work with tend to have more complications after surgery than other men" but I digress. Apparently, I have an infection. The doctor prescribed antibiotics, and I'm already feeling better.  This experience sucked!!! If I could go back in time I would not do it. My so called friends Sam and Craig that said that having a vasectomy was no big deal...You guys suck!!

Ugh... No way!

I know that the chance of an infection is pretty low - well, unless you have it done in a van behind the Home Depot... That's on you man. :)

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:38 am

lol 2 I wonder how many other people Craig and Sam have suckered into this scam?

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:38 pm

The doctor said something like "men with more to work with tend to have more complications after surgery than other men"

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
The doctor said something like "men with more to work with tend to have more complications after surgery than other men"

That may be why my doctor told me that if I ever wanted to do it, it would be no problem.  Piece of cake, he said. shrug

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

That may be why my doctor told me that if I ever wanted to do it, it would be no problem.  Piece of cake, he said. shrug
mock

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:01 pm

This makes me not want to get one.

And Bern, that shit was funny.  lol 2

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:14 pm

I had complications for at least a month. Luckily it all passes with time and no worse for wear now. It was not easy by any means for me and I did abide by the rest and bag of peas everyone recommends. So F you to all the guys that had it easy. lol3

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Carolina Silverbacks wrote:
I had complications for at least a month.

We might have a new leader in the clubhouse, Brian. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:09 pm

laughing laughing laughing
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy anyone?   

Back to top Go down

Vasectomy anyone?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: