:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Rugby

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Rugby   Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:08 am

I was scrolling through Facebook the other day and stumbled on to a Rugby clip which led me down the YouTube rabbit hole of more Rugby videos.

How is this sport not more popular in the states? Was really fun to watch even though I don't fully understand the rules. The game tempo seems as fast as basketball but with a good amount of contact.

Does anyone here watch regularly? And Where do you watch?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:39 am

I do not watch it, but I played for 2 years in high school on a club team. It is fun.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:17 pm

I've seen it here & there but don't watch on any kind of a regular basis

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:09 pm

I of course grew up with it in South Africa. Followed international game for a few years upon first moving here but not recently - can only watch so much sport!

I can definitely help explain it if needed

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:11 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I of course grew up with it in South Africa. Followed international game for a few years upon first moving here but not recently - can only watch so much sport!

I can definitely help explain it if needed

Where would one go to stream live games? What league is the league to watch?

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:14 pm

I'm not a regular watcher. It's the second most popular sport in the UK so I always catch a bit of it but only international games. I watch the Six Nations (yearly tournament for Scotland, England, Ireland, Wales, France and Italy) and have even attended a couple of games. Enjoyable but more so for the experience and nationalism than being a die hard fan of the sport.

International Rugby is so much better but if you're interested in the top leagues then English Premiership and Super Rugby (Southern Hemisphere teams) are the top level as far as I'm aware. Rugby Union is what you're after.

As a side note, my best friends dad used to play professional Rugby and had about 10 caps for Scotland.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:10 am

Yeah important to specify rugby "union" as there are a few varieties.
15 man game is what you want.

Southern Hemisphere teams are the elite ones - definitely international games and the "super rugby" franchise competition have the highest standard. Super rugby starts in mid Feb
Around this time of year the likes of New Zealand and Australia touring Europe so those could be good games to watch but they were in Nov so you'll have to go for a rerun

Reddit I'm assuming is the place for streaming

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Rugby   Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:45 am

I went to an Australian Football League match (Footy) a few years back when we were flying out of Perth. It took about an hour of back and forth with the Aussies we were sitting with and at least 6 beers before we started to know what to cheer for and what not to but it was a crap ton of fun

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rugby   

Back to top Go down

Rugby
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: