x
x
x
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Conference Semi-Final Round of the 2017 Roster Wars Playoffs
By: Mike Diggs

Welcome everyone to the 2-Minute Drill... It's time for the Conference Semi-Final Round in the World War VI Playoffs this week. The top two seeds in each bracket got to sit back and watch the action this week, and now it's time to show off why they were the top seeds... Let's get right to the action on this playoff edition of the 2-Minute Drill!

WORLD WAR VI - DASTARDLY DOZEN PLAYOFFS - CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS CALL OUT GAME
{#6} Minnesota Eternals 224.70pts (+5) at {#1} England Dragons 244.76pts (+2)
The Dragons called out the Eternals this week and their players kind of forgot to show up on Sunday... Posting 244pts with only WR Brandon Cooks and S Reshad Jones just doesn't seem like it's going to be enough to get the job done, which will results in 2017 being a major disappointment to the England fan base. As for the Eternals, they are in striking distance and still have QB Tom Brady, WR Kenny Stills, PK Stephen Gostkowski, LB Lawrence Timmons, and S Devin McCourty waiting to go. This has all the makings of a MAJOR upset on the DD side of things!

WORLD WAR VI - DASTARDLY DOZEN PLAYOFFS - CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS
{#3} Littleton SilverBallers 237.02pts (+2) at {#2} Indiana Mayhem 295.96pts (+1)
By default, the #2 Seed, Indiana Mayhem, got matched up with the SilverBallers who, much like the Dragons, forgot their elite players at home for this one. Huge shocker for Littleton to only have 237pts with only WR Jarvis Landry and S T.J. McDonald waiting to play. Indiana will watch Monday night pretty confidently as they still have DT Ndamukong Suh playing to pad their lead if necessary. As it stands right now, the Dastardly Dozen appears to be coming down to the Indiana Mayhem hosting the Minnesota Eternals... Unless something crazy happens...

WORLD WAR VI - TERRIBLE TWELVE PLAYOFFS - CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS CALL OUT GAME
{#6} Norfolk Bombers 286.64pts (+1) at {#1} North Wales Knights 223.26pts (+4)
Over on the Terrible Twelve side of things... The North Wales Knights called out the Norfolk Bombers and even I cringed when I saw that. The Bombers are a dangerous team and they played like it this week... Although, losing QB Carson Wentz could be a death blow... The Bombers have one of the higher scores of the week and still have S Reshad Jones waiting to play. All is not lost for the Knights just yet, although it doesn't look good at all. They do have RB Kenyan Drake, RB Dion Lewis, WR Brandon Cooks, and DT Malcom Brown waiting to go. Much like Wentz, the Bombers appear to be limping into next week's Conference Finals in a HUGE upset!

WORLD WAR VI - TERRIBLE TWELVE PLAYOFFS - CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS
{#4} Naperville Divine 279.70pts at {#2} Hamilton Steel Cats 291.98pts (+1)
And finally, the Steel Cats are coming off their bye week and are matched up with the Naperville Divine in this one. The Steel Cats did just enough to hold home field and pick up an impressive win! They get to sit back on Monday night and complete a scouting report on their upcoming opponent... Congrats to the final four teams!

BEST OF THE WORST PLAYOFFS - DASTARDLY DOZEN CONFERENCE - SEMI-FINALS CALL OUT GAME
{#11} Dos Faces Degenitals 218.88pts (+1) at {#7} Oaktown Malosos 272.44pts (+2)
In the Best of the Worst bracket... The Oaktown Malosos called out pinkie, the Dos Faces Degenitals, who are eagerly awaiting the return to the green and black I'm sure. But in this one, it was never really close. The Malosos opened up a pretty big lead early on and never looked back. They still have RB Rex Burkhead and DE Trey Flowers waiting to play while the Degenitals only have RB Kenyan Drake. This one and is over and Oaktown advances on.

BEST OF THE WORST PLAYOFFS - DASTARDLY DOZEN CONFERENCE - SEMI-FINALS
{#9} Titletown Tyrants 270.52pts (+2) at {#8} Atlanta Africans 185.88pts (+2)
The Tyrants and Africans locked up in this one and good Lord... Titletown beat Atlanta like they were a bunch of slav... Err minor leaguers, yea... Tyrants rolled in this one and it is over. Titletown moves on while Atlanta drops down.

BEST OF THE WORST PLAYOFFS - TERRIBLE TWELVE CONFERENCE - SEMI-FINALS CALL OUT GAME
{#12} California Nightmare 215.08pts (+1) at {#7} Charm City Justice 279.14pts (+1)
The Nightmare's nightmare is only just beginning as they prepare for the horror of 2018 Pinkness... The Justice got what they were looking for in this one, an easy win.

BEST OF THE WORST PLAYOFFS - TERRIBLE TWELVE CONFERENCE - SEMI-FINALS
{#11} Kane County Goon Squad 295.62pts at {#8} Maple Grove Mean Machine 220.34pts (+2)
And lastly, the Mean Machine and the Goon Squad squared off in this one where the Mean Machine was simply out-matched. Kane County even got -2.86pts from one of their QBs and still managed to put up a giant lead. Sure, the Mean Machine still have S Patrick Chung and S Devin McCourty waiting to play... But this one is over as well.

That wraps it up for this edition. Catch you all next week for the Conference Finals Round of the 2-Minute Drill! Good night everybody!

-Mike Diggs

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:43 pm

Jeez that was damn fast Diggsy...nicely done per usual; and congrats again on shedding da PINK!! high five

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 am

Well done Rob - excellent as always. clap

It ain't over but I'm on the verge. Just a bad week all around bearing in mind that I think my lowest total this year is something like 295. I'll be lucky to post 270 this week.

The one consolation I have is that if I hadn't have picked Andy, I would have picked Carla and I'd already be toast if I'd done that.

laughing

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:15 am

Gosh, I couldnt look look all day. I didnt know who the Mighty Silverballers had entirely in his lineup but I knew who I did. Bell went out for a bit and the Jags were taking care of Wilson pretty good with all those INTs he was throwing. I new Murray did squat and I never have TE play. I was nervous to look.....but finally did when I woke up around 2 am.

By default, I am hoping SMAK had the matchup wrong.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:59 am

Thanks Rob! Excellent as usual!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:21 am

Thanks for delivering Rob.  high five

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:33 am

Good game Carla!  Good luck next week

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:52 am

Got the Steel Cats taking it all in the Survey game.  Go Todd!

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:03 am

Thanks Rob. I needed the "easy" win this week as my team must have been out partying with the Dragons and Silverballers. A legal lineup and I still had 2 0's and 2 1 point performances. Yuck!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 am

FUCK MY FUCKING LAME ASS DEFENSE!!!   hairout

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:59 am

Playoffs are brutal for the favorites

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks Rob, solid work buddy ... thumbsup

Props to the Ben lead Bombers on what looks like a big win and a ticket to the ball.

Props to the tough and determined Divine on a tough contest.

beer for all

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Knew I was gonna need a really good week to defeat any of the other teams on the TT side. Tough week for my team to not show up. Bad lineup decisions compounded the underperformances on my side while the Bombers again looked primed for 300.

Was a great season with a pretty shitty ending.

Congrats Bombers.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Damn you, Goonies! Nice time to get hot Eric!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
Damn you, Goonies! Nice time to get hot Eric!

yeah - I wish it could have started a couple weeks earlier too

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:42 pm

I couldn't believe Jon called out Andy, I thought he should have called out Carla, but the correct decision was Derek! Funny how things work out sometimes.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:32 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
Knew I was gonna need a really good week to defeat any of the other teams on the TT side. Tough week for my team to not show up. Bad lineup decisions compounded the underperformances on my side while the Bombers again looked primed for 300.

Was a great season with a pretty shitty ending.

Congrats Bombers.

It's not over yet! You've got some potential big scores coming tonight!

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:49 pm

2 in the pink 1 in the stink.

can't wait

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:06 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
2 in the pink 1 in the stink.

can't wait

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:28 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I couldn't believe Jon called out Andy, I thought he should have called out Carla, but the correct decision was Derek! Funny how things work out sometimes.

Made the correct decision - Andy was the lowest scorer out of the 3 - but would have lost against them all so at least I can take something from picking correctly. Right?

shrug

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:29 am

Congratulations Andy - you've worked really hard to get so far this season with all the injuries you've suffered.

Good luck the rest of the way and hope you bring the title back to Chapter One.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:11 am

England Dragons wrote:
Congratulations Andy - you've worked really hard to get so far this season with all the injuries you've suffered.

Good luck the rest of the way and hope you bring the title back to Chapter One.

cheers

Thank you sir. If the ball bounces my way for two more weeks it'll all be worth it...otherwise I'm dumb. tongue Look forward to our next match.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)   

Back to top Go down

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Fourteen (Conference Semi-Finals)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: