Share | 

Indianapolis Colts

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:03 pm

So, now from the Colts side.

I'm laughing my ass off at what some of the talking heads are saying about "The Trade".

"Indy is in a win now mode"

Really? Win now? No.

I happened to find their checklist.....

Draft Franchise QB: Andrew Luck, check.
Draft future TE's: Fleener, Allen, check.
Draft future WR: Hilton, check.
Add potential solid WR: DHB, check.
Add future Franchise RB: Richardson, screwed Cleveland, check.

This isn't "win now", this is "Can we build a Dynasty?" All of these players are in their 2nd year, minus DHB of course, wow. Just need to add 2-3 pieces on D, a couple of good OL's, then this could be something special.

Will be offline a while,

Headed to Indy to give Ryan Grigson a blowjob.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Can't see this team as a credible super bowl threat until they shore up their defense a little more, granted you don't need a top caliber defense to win it all anymore, but what they have now is below average at best! They had trouble stopping Terrell Pryor and that formidable Raider offense!

Bottom line is the offense which was already good just got better, but without a good defense they aren't going to be able to hang with the top playoff tier teams...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Yup, that's exactly why I said we need those pieces. It has become really obvious that Grigson will try to get them, which is an upgrade over Polian who would only build via the Draft. He did well, but, only 1 title. Hoping this one does more.

The steps are in the right direction.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Can't see this team as a credible super bowl threat until they shore up their defense a little more,   granted you don't need a top caliber defense to win it all anymore,  but what they have now is below average at best!   They had trouble stopping Terrell Pryor and that formidable Raider offense!

Bottom line is the offense which was already good just got better,  but without a good defense they aren't going to be able to hang with the top playoff tier teams...
Huh...............

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:07 pm

OK Chris, just picking.

This team impressed me today. Maybe it was just the moral boost watching the owner and GM want to win, maybe they are that good, I don't care.

They literally ran over one of, on paper, the best D's in the league, at Candlestick.

Super Bowl?

No, not this year, but HOU has shown they are very beatable. Win the Division? Yeah, I'm starting to think they can.

A big thank you to CLE and....

NYG, betting right now they wish they still had Bradshaw.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Yeah, I thought they were impressive today as well... but the 9 ers aren't playing well right now and it doesn't look like they are the same team as last year... with everything going on with Smith and other struggles, the 9 ers defense is not the same as they have been in the past.

The Colts took a step forward today in their growth as a team, no doubt about it. But they beat a reeling 49 ers team that is not playing very well right now.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:07 am

Yeah,  I thought they were impressive today as well...   but the 9 ers aren't playing well right now and it doesn't look like they are the same team as last year...  with everything going on with Smith and other struggles,  the 9 ers defense is not the same as they have been in the past.

The Colts took a step forward today in their growth as a team,  no doubt about it.   But they beat a reeling 49 ers team that is not playing very well right now.
You just can't give any credit can you?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:57 am

Bob, I did give credit! I agreed I found them impressive and thought they took a step forward yesterday!

But do you deny that the 49ers are struggling right now? Facts are facts...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:07 am

So 3-1 and lead the South. If and I agree it's a big if, they can beat SEA next week, then, in 3 weeks, Peyton comes back to town, if they win that one, sky is the limit.

My gut says the go 1-1 in those 2 games, but, what the hell, if they can do that, then they are a legitimate contender.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Yeah,  I thought they were impressive today as well...   but the 9 ers aren't playing well right now and it doesn't look like they are the same team as last year...  with everything going on with Smith and other struggles,  the 9 ers defense is not the same as they have been in the past.

The Colts took a step forward today in their growth as a team,  no doubt about it.   But they beat a reeling 49 ers team that is not playing very well right now.

Soooooooo..........

Does this mean the 'Hawks are reeling now?

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

Soooooooo..........

Spoken like a true homer! I gave the Colts credit for beating the 49ers, but apparently that wasn't good enough for you... and I freely give them credit for todays win against a tough opponent. They are growing each week and are taking steps in the right direction, still need to see some consistency on defense and it will be an interesting matchup against the Broncos... but forget reality, I'll just let you get back to daydreaming about a Colts superbowl... Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:07 am

Decatur Demons wrote:

Soooooooo..........

Spoken like a true homer!   I gave the Colts credit for beating the 49ers,  but apparently that wasn't good enough for you...   and I freely give them credit for todays win against a tough opponent.   They are growing each week and are taking steps in the right direction,   still need to see some consistency on defense and it will be an interesting matchup against the Broncos...   but forget reality,  I'll just let you get back to daydreaming about a Colts superbowl...  Laughing 
Reality and a Colts fan, cannot use those in the same sentence.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:13 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

Soooooooo..........

Spoken like a true homer!   I gave the Colts credit for beating the 49ers,  but apparently that wasn't good enough for you...   and I freely give them credit for todays win against a tough opponent.   They are growing each week and are taking steps in the right direction,   still need to see some consistency on defense and it will be an interesting matchup against the Broncos...   but forget reality,  I'll just let you get back to daydreaming about a Colts superbowl...  Laughing 
Reality and a Colts fan, cannot use those in the same sentence.
Duly noted! Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Alright Bob, you are busted! You didn't even pick your Colts in this weeks NFL pool! I picked em (granted I only voted a 1 for confidence), but you picked against em! Shame on you! Laughing 

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Colts continue to dazzle on offense but look pedestrian on defense. But I guess you could say the same of the Broncos.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:55 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Colts continue to dazzle on offense but look pedestrian on defense. But I guess you could say the same of the Broncos.
The Broncos defense isn't pedestrian, it is flat out terrible! Doesn't matter much when you can score 50+ points a game though!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:57 pm

True.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:57 pm

So, sitting here thinking about the coming Sunday Night game.

Peyton comes back to the house he built.

I fully expect for Peyton to get a standing ovation when he is announced. I know I will be on my feet. This guy is the only reason we are were we are in Indy. If anyone around me boo's him, I may smack them in the mouth. I really don't think it will happen, most Colts fans have more class than the ones in Houston. We were "lucky" to have him as long as we did. I still hate the way it ended, I get it, but, seeing him at Lucas, in another uniform, will damn near bring tears to my eyes.

I'm waxing philosophically, I'm aware, but, damn I'm glad I'm going to be at this game.

If the Colts cannot win it all this year, I'm then going to be a Bronco's fan.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:09 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
So, sitting here thinking about the coming Sunday Night game.

Peyton comes back to the house he built.

I fully expect for Peyton to get a standing ovation when he is announced. I know I will be on my feet. This guy is the only reason we are were we are in Indy. If anyone around me boo's him, I may smack them in the mouth. I really don't think it will happen, most Colts fans have more class than the ones in Houston. We were "lucky" to have him as long as we did. I still hate the way it ended, I get it, but, seeing him at Lucas, in another uniform, will damn near bring tears to my eyes.

I'm waxing philosophically, I'm aware, but, damn I'm glad I'm going to be at this game.

If the Colts cannot win it all this year, I'm then going to be a Bronco's fan.
So jealous...what a great game to be in attendance.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:52 pm

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU OVERTURN THAT CALL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Colts are playing badly right now, but that is total BULLSHIT! There was no clear view to say that ball touched his foot. If they lose this game by 3, then it will be a bullshit loss.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:58 pm

Fuck it....

I'm going to bed...............

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Glad I didn't.........

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Wow, what craptastic performance at home by these guys! I don't get it... Just when I was coming around and thinking maybe this defense could perform at a high enough level to make a super bowl run, they come out and get steamrolled by a mediocre Rams offense led by a backup QB... Injury concerns or no, there is no sugar-coating this performance... it was bad...

I have Luck in most of my other leagues and I love watching him and the Colts play, and this egg they laid today just shocked the hell out of me!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Yeah, I really don't get it. I'm not sure what the hell happened.

No excuses, very poorly played game on both sides of the ball.

I can only hope this was a case of looking past your opponent.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Any given Sunday... or so they say... but this one really came out of left field, nobody saw this one coming! Hopefully the Colts can put this behind them and get back to playing good football!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:49 pm

I wish the fuckin Rams would just play their position of bye week.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 am

They are probably the two most consistently inconsistent teams in the league this season. A game where I wouldn't have been surprised by any scoreline I don't think.

vote no 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:39 am

Quote :
CARMEL, Ind. (WISH) – Hamilton County Jail officials and the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office confirms Jim Irsay, the owner of the Indianapolis Colts, has been arrested in Carmel.

Officials say the arrest happened at 11:41 p.m. Sunday night.

Irsay has been preliminarily charged with Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated and Possession of a Controlled Substance.

Officials say Irsay is currently at the Hamilton County Jail.

The bond for Mr. Irsay was set at $22,500.

According to the Hamilton County Jail, the earliest Irsay could bond out of jail would be at 1:30 p.m. Monday.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
CARMEL, Ind. (WISH) – Hamilton County Jail officials and the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office confirms Jim Irsay, the owner of the Indianapolis Colts, has been arrested in Carmel.

Officials say the arrest happened at 11:41 p.m. Sunday night.

Irsay has been preliminarily charged with Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated and Possession of a Controlled Substance.

Officials say Irsay is currently at the Hamilton County Jail.

The bond for Mr. Irsay was set at $22,500.

According to the Hamilton County Jail, the earliest Irsay could bond out of jail would be at 1:30 p.m. Monday.

Shouldn't be a surprise, look at his Tweets, he is stoned most of the time.

Moron

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:57 am

Quote :
A woman who died of a suspected drug overdose was found in a townhouse owned by Jim Irsay two weeks before his DUI arrest.
Analysis: Much like Irsay, Kimberly Wundrum, 42, had a history of drug problems. They were acquainted through Wundrum's sister, Rhonda, who was the Colts owner's personal masseuse. The Indianapolis Star has uncovered several documents that link them closely. Commissioner Roger Goodell is going to have a lot of questions for Irsay when he considers how severely to punish him under the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

How far down the rabbit hole does this one go I wonder.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:47 am

I think it'll be very interesting to hear how "severely" Goodell punishes him. I"m guessing not as severely as some of the players have been for wearing the wrong colored socks. I'm being facetious here, but on a scale potential punishments vs. what they did vs. who did it... I bet this falls on the small side of things.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:25 am

I wouldn't expect Goodell to suspend Irsay like a player. Irsay is one of his bosses, lol. The players are not.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
I wouldn't expect Goodell to suspend Irsay like a player. Irsay is one of his bosses, lol. The players are not.

That's why this is interesting. He has suspended Team presidents before, but my understanding is he has the authority to 'punish' one of his bosses by the authority given him by those same bosses when he became commissioner.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:07 pm

Alright, gonna ramble about my team.

Local media rumor mill says Johnson will sign as early as tomorrow.

We have almost totally fixed ANYTHING that was wrong with the Offense.

Now, as Chris has pointed out, lets fix the D.

Needs:

First and foremost, since they play a VERY hybrid 3-4 and still call a DT and NT, they need a good one. I actually expect them to try and move up in the 1st rd to get one. They have 8 picks this year and they need to find some talent on D in the Draft. Rumor was that they refused to pay Suh what Miami gave him. I'm OK with that as there is some real DL talent in the Draft this year. We must be able to stop the run at the DL point. This has been an issue for years. Time to fix it.

2nd: DB's. Holy shit do we need DB's. We have one of the best corners in the game in Vontae, but, he can't cover everyone. Man, would I love to see Revis next to him. Will never happen, but what a wet dream. If they cannot address this in FA, they HAVE to find some in the Draft in a class that everyone says is underwhelming at best this year. (Please go spend some money. Please.) We absolutely suck at both S positions.

3rd: I like the Trent Cole signing for now. It gives some help where they needed it, but, this is a stop-gap measure that still will need addressed. 2nd or 3rd rounder here to learn.

4th: They need 1 more good OLB somewhere in the mix.

In all honesty, I think if they can fill 4 of these positions with above average talent, this Defense could become very good, very fast. The issue really is they MUST address it, or, we will start repeating what the last few years have been. We got invited to the dance, pretty girls actually asked us to dance, we just never made it outside to the Cadillac and got the happy ending. I need a happy ending. Now.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:58 pm

So they need help everywhere on defense? lol3

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:01 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
That's been the case for most of my lifetime.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:10 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

Ummmm, yeah. Pretty much.

tongue

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Quote :
After the game, Colts coach Chuck Pagano didn’t try to hide his frustration with his quarterback and his team as a whole.

“He’s got to take care of the football,” Pagano said in his postgame press conference. “It’s not that hard. It’s not trigonometry.”

The simple math says that the Colts have scored three touchdowns and committed eight turnovers through two games, both losses.

“Can’t turn the damn ball over,” Pagano said.

Gregg Doyel of the Indianapolis Star, who was at the game and at the postgame press conference, wrote that Pagano was “throwing Luck under the bus.”

While the Jets clearly frustrated Luck with a variety of blitzes and sometimes just by simply overpowering them in one-on-one battles in the trenches, Pagano hinted that Luck has to overcome his line’s shortcomings.

“[That has] been the case for three years now, hasn’t it?” Pagano asked. “He should be more than comfortable dealing with it.”

Wow. What a shitty fucking thing to say. How can you blame Luck for your failings as a coach?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Pagano forgot to trash the GM for providing him with no offensive line.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:33 pm

The blame should go on the offensive line and Luck.  They both need to do a better job.  The Colts offensive line was getting pushed around all game, and there is really no sense in that.  The offensive line coach needs to work with those guys this week and go back to blocking 101 for them

Now Luck needs to learn how to take less risks.  He didn't look like a precision passer last night, he looked more like a gunslinger, which isn't good at all.  He really needs to learn to throw the ball away if he is getting pressure and not try to force throws.  I say he needs to watch tape of Rodgers and see how to limit turnovers.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:01 pm

Yeah, the line is horrid but I think more needs to be on Luck than people are giving him. Derrick said it perfect and echoed my thoughts about Rodgers. Rodgers used to have some pretty poor lines. He took more sacks earlier on in his career, but made very few poor decisions that put his defense in bad situations. He has the most turnovers out of any player in the league in the last 13 months.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:08 pm

Luck has played like a putz so far this year. He is turning the ball over tons. Is the line ho hum? Yes. Is his O-Cord (Pep Hamilton) a schmuck? Yes. But Luck is too good to not overcome these things. He has done it before, he can do it again. He just needs to buckle the fuck down and play smarter and quit giving the ball away for free. May take time before the big numbers come, but he has to stop the bleeding first before the wound will heal.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:31 pm

I only lost two of my fantasy matchups last week and both leagues came down to last night, I have Luck going and all I need him to do is not suck, nothing special, didn't need a big game, I just needed him not to be terrible.... well, I ended up losing both matchups by less than 4 points each...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:41 pm

I only lost two of my fantasy matchups last week and both leagues came down to last night,   I have Luck going and all I need him to do is not suck,   nothing special,   didn't need a big game, I just needed him not to be terrible....   well,   I ended up losing both matchups by less than 4 points each...

HAHA, yeah I was up by 19 points in a 6pt per TD PPR league. He has Andre Johnson and Luck. I wrote it off as a loss. My group chat with my buddies was just exploding all night long. Luck typically puts up way more points in the 2nd half so I thought I was still toast but he came through for me! laughing

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:59 pm

This is what Luck does. He's thrown like 48 interceptions so far in his career. And his team around him sucks. The only problem here is all of the absurd pre-season hype they got.

They're a horrible team that Luck makes an average team in a sub-par division.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:12 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
This is what Luck does. He's thrown like 48 interceptions so far in his career. And his team around him sucks. The only problem here is all of the absurd pre-season hype they got.

They're a horrible team that Luck makes an average team in a sub-par division.

Well said. Luck has had many multiple int games. This just happens to be the first 2 in the season. He will clean it up, but it will happen again. Luck is an amazing talent, but protecting the football isn't who he is all the time.

Coach what's his face should be fired for being a public nuisance. What a tool for opening his mouth like that. Keep it behind closed doors.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:58 pm

I agree with the Minions here.

I'm really surprised to hear the Colts coach talk that way - especially about the franchise.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:47 pm

ESPN wrote:
Colts reporter Mike Wells reports the team will fire coach Chuck Pagano at season's end.
It's not exactly a surprise. Issued a Super Bowl-or-else edict, Pagano's team imploded even before Andrew Luck got knocked out with a kidney injury. Pagano's relationship with GM Ryan Grigson is also infamously toxic. The real question is if Grigson will survive. His firing would be justified, though owner Jim Irsay has also seemed prone to meddling in all the team's biggest personnel decisions.  

Not a surprise...Think Grigson's job hinges on who is hired as the new HC...Which I doubt he has much input on.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:22 pm

Two words...

CHIP KELLY... LMAO

Couldn't even keep a straight face as I typed it.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:49 pm

I find it ridiculous that Grigsen is able to hold onto his job. He is completely terrible. How is the Trent Richardson deal working for him. I'm sure he will draft another WR this year.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   

Back to top Go down

Indianapolis Colts
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: