:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Santa and Kids

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:47 am

So my daughter is 7, and in 2nd grade. She is really starting to question about Santa, which means the kids at school are probably talking about it. Any idea when kids find out about Santa? I am sure all kids are different. I think this may be our last year that she believes, but not sure.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 am

If you do not believe, you will not receive. :)

I think my kids played along for longer than they actually realized it, but even those last 1-2 were super fun.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:57 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
If you do not believe, you will not receive.  :)

I think my kids played along for longer than they actually realized it, but even those last 1-2 were super fun.

What ages were they?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:30 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
If you do not believe, you will not receive.  :)

What ages were they?
4th or 5th grade I think. I remember there were still a few kids in 5th grade that were surprised to hear kids talking.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:59 am

If you believe, there will always be a Santa Claus. My 8 year old just questioned us on this earlier this year. We told her that no matter what you believe you can't tell your 3 year old sister.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Santa is not real???

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 pm

We got lucky, Stephen didn't really question Santa too much. He thought the idea of the Easter bunny was wildly insane, he was on the fence with the tooth fairy and Santa was definitely real...He got a letter every year from Santa basically saying be good and you will get what you want. We told him that Santa wasn't real the summer of 5th grade as we didn't want him to be the only kid in middle school who still believed He told us he had his doubts but he wasn't positive. We pulled off some miracles to keep it secret...The worst year was the Polar Express year, all he asked for was a bell from Santa's sleigh, so I found a big jingle bell and wrapped it up and you know, in the movie the adults can't hear the bell so he is just ringing this bell like crazy and I'm all like no, I can't hear it, it's broken and then he asks Andy and Andy's like Oh yeah, I can hear it. I still believe...I was so pissed. Stephen would come up behind me when I was making dinner and just ring that damn bell in my ear and I would have to play like I didn't hear it. I had to play that way for like 3 years. It's the middle of friggin July and I hear a slight jingle and I just wait for it...Stephen sneaks up behind me and rings the hell out of the bell and I just sit there and ignore him...I friggin hate that bell.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:56 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
We got lucky, Stephen didn't really question Santa too much. He thought the idea of the Easter bunny was wildly insane, he was on the fence with the tooth fairy and Santa was definitely real...He got a letter every year from Santa basically saying be good and you will get what you want. We told him that Santa wasn't real the summer of 5th grade as we didn't want him to be the only kid in middle school who still believed He told us he had his doubts but he wasn't positive. We pulled off some miracles to keep it secret...The worst year was the Polar Express year, all he asked for was a bell from Santa's sleigh, so I found a big jingle bell and wrapped it up and you know, in the movie the adults can't hear the bell so he is just ringing this bell like crazy and I'm all like no, I can't hear it, it's broken and then he asks Andy and Andy's like Oh yeah, I can hear it. I still believe...I was so pissed. Stephen would come up behind me when I was making dinner and just ring that damn bell in my ear and I would have to play like I didn't hear it. I had to play that way for like 3 years. It's the middle of friggin July and I hear a slight jingle and I just wait for it...Stephen sneaks up behind me and rings the hell out of the bell and I just sit there and ignore him...I friggin hate that bell.  
laughing ROFL laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:06 pm

I once heard that every time a bell rings, an angel gets it's wings. I wonder if that is true?

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:13 pm

I have no idea if my son still believes. He's 9 but sure seems like he does so I'm going with it. I love the innocence of it all since the world doesn't give us that for long enough.

The Easter Bunny was gone long ago tho so go figure..fat guy in a sleigh coming down our chimney is real but a 6 foot bunny is crazy.

I decided long ago I'd ride it out as long as they wanted to. My 12 year old daughter has never said anything and still plays along but she has to know...doesn't she? LOL

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:31 pm

I always try to not let kids talk about it at school (2nd grade).  Never know which parents have which approach.  I get asked every year though if Santa is real. I just start singing Hannukah songs and run away.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I always try to not let kids talk about it at school (2nd grade).  Never know which parents have which approach.  I get asked every year though if Santa is real.  I just start singing Hannukah songs and run away.

Hahahaha! That's a perfect solution!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:

...and you being pissed at me for a few minutes was better than having a bell rung around me for 3 years by a landslide. I win.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Ok not in the same boat as most of you guys here about the believing still, but I have a 1 year old... Last Christmas he was less than 2 months old so obviously that wasn't a huge deal, but this year my girlfriend is very excited about his first Christmas and him kind of knowing something special is going on... Here is my question, as her and I were talking the other day, she mentioned we had to get my son presents from "MOM and DAD"  along with presents from "Santa"... This really has my head spinning... I grew up with all Christmas presents coming from Santa.   Anyone else do this?  Thoughts....   I told her Christmas is about Santa.. not Mom and Dad...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:24 pm

Haddonfield Slashers wrote:
Ok not in the same boat as most of you guys here about the believing still, but I have a 1 year old... Last Christmas he was less than 2 months old so obviously that wasn't a huge deal, but this year my girlfriend is very excited about his first Christmas and him kind of knowing something special is going on... Here is my question, as her and I were talking the other day, she mentioned we had to get my son presents from "MOM and DAD"  along with presents from "Santa"... This really has my head spinning... I grew up with all Christmas presents coming from Santa.   Anyone else do this?  Thoughts....   I told her Christmas is about Santa.. not Mom and Dad...

She's right. I've always known it to come from both. Think about it...if they all come from Santa then your parents are either cheap shitbags or mayyyyyyyybe they are Santa!!!!!!!!! Busted.

Let Santa be the magician and Mom and Dad can also be heroes. Enjoy the shit out of this age because before long they don't hide their disappointment and you start wanting to fuck with em by getting them socks and basking in their misery. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:25 pm

Growing up, my siblings and I always got 1 big gift from Santa that we would open first. The rest were from mom and dad.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 pm

I think the question is...

Do they get ONE gift from Santa and however many from Mom and Dad...

OR...

ONE from Mom and Dad and a bunch from Santa?

I think it should be the first one. Remember the story of Santa...a gift for everyone and delivered in one night. If he is doling out 12 presents per kid this story goes from ridiculous to "what the fuck are you old people smoking thinking us millennials are that dumb"

laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Growing up, my siblings and I always got 1 big gift from Santa that we would open first. The rest were from mom and dad.

good idea

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:28 pm

always got both

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Fuck I guess my Mom and Dad sucked then... Santa brought me all my stuff... Cheap bastards...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Santa bought me all of mine when I was a kid. But my wife makes us give just as many as Santa.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:34 pm

I read a great article at some point last year about dealing with having your kids find out about Santa.  The gist was that when they ask and really know the truth you empower them. Tell them that yes, you are Santa.  And, now that they know, it's their turn to be Santa.  Let them know that Santa is in all of us and it's a time to help others.  So have them pick someone less fortunate in the community or some cause and have them pick out a gift and deliver it.  Or even a gift for their sibling.  And explain to them that their younger brother or sister is not yet ready but they will also become Santa when the time is right but not yet.  

I haven't had a chance to try this out but it seemed like a really cool way to deal with this.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/parenting/news/a41821/how-to-tell-kids-about-santa/

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Basically Santa is Negan

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Basically Santa is Negan

It's true.  We are all Negan Santa

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:08 pm

My 9 year old told me just this morning that the kids in his class are currently talking about the fact that Santa is a stalker and maybe they shouldn't want him in their houses. That was a tough one to battle against without coffee in me yet.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 pm

I don't quite understand the bell reference but having to ignore it for 3 years is hilarious!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:09 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I don't quite understand the bell reference but having to ignore it for 3 years is hilarious!

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:58 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
My 9 year old told me just this morning that the kids in his class are currently talking about the fact that Santa is a stalker and maybe they shouldn't want him in their houses.  That was a tough one to battle against without coffee in me yet.

This has me cracking up in my office. Thankfully no one else has made it in to work yet.

My little guy was only 7 months last year and enjoyed tearing paper and playing with boxes. This year I expect much of the same, which is fine by me. My parents always went overboard with my sister and I so we had presents from Santa and Mom and Dad. I assume next year we will have to do that with my son and probably for my daughter too because even though she will only be 7ish months and have no idea what is going on we will have to keep up appearances for my son who is too damn smart for his own good.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:24 am

We do both Santa and parent gifts.  The way I split them up is

Santa gives the cool/ big gifts
Mom & dad give the functional/ boring type gifts (usually 1-3 presents)

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:26 am

Yeah, Santa always gave the gifts that I told the kids ... no way, I'm getting that for you; it's too expensive... you don't need it.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:43 am

My wife broke the news (with out asking me first) to my oldest when he was 8 (so 6 years ago). Don't ask me why, cause I would have kept it going for as long as I could. The other day we were going through a few boxes pulling out Christmas shit and somehow this folder with at least 10 letters/drawings was in the box.

Each letter got better and better, but the premises of the letters was how mad he was at his mom for lying to him and telling him there was no Santa, cause Santa was real and mom was a liar. It was some funny shit.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:15 am

santa = satan

the letters are the same

you worship him to get what you want

he comes down the chimney (fireplace)

he wears mostly red

I had a couple more but don't remember them all

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:49 am

My son will be 6 and I am planning on keeping the Santa secret as long as possible. You have to believe in order to receive is our new motto. We do presents from us and Santa. Santa has a special bag he can drop off if need be that can't be opened until Christmas. We used to give everything from Santa but someone I talked to or saw on facebook whichever isn't important. They said that some kids don't get presents from Santa due to various situations (poor, orphan, homeless, etc.) so we want to instill that he give back during the holidays as well. So we decided that since Santa cannot give everyone everything they want that big gifts i.e. expensive gifts come from us the parents and Santa can still bring fun things and many things but not everything comes from Santa. That way when he talks to less fortunate kids he won't make them feel worse. That's our way of thinking at this point in time.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am

Yeah, Santa always gave the gifts that I told the kids ... no way, I'm getting that for you; it's too expensive... you don't need it.

That's what my parents did. Got my sister and I a puppy right as we were starting to not believe. Bought my parents a few more years of us believing, since we knew our parents would never buy us pet, only Santa was nice enough to do that.

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:

That's what my parents did. Got my sister and I a puppy right as we were starting to not believe. Bought my parents a few more years of us believing, since we knew our parents would never buy us pet, only Santa was nice enough to do that.

We did the same thing except with a Cat! Good parenting call right there in IMO

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:12 pm

my oldest daughter is 6 and i really hope she believes for a couple of years yet...its so much fun watching their reaction and anticipation. one year she literally scrambled up to bed and started to sob as she was so worried that she didn't get to bed in time and santa would miss our house lol

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Santa is not real???

agree He is real

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santa and Kids   

Back to top Go down

Santa and Kids
View previous topic View next topic Back to top