x
x
x
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:27 am

Wild Card Weekend of the 2017 Roster Wars Playoffs
By:  Mike Diggs

Welcome everyone to the 2-Minute Drill... We finally made it to the dance!  The World War VI Playoff brackets are set as well as the Best of the Worst brackets.  We have the ever-so-fun "Call Out" games this week with the Wild Card teams taking center stage.  The top two seeds in each conference patently wait on the sidelines to see who their opponents will be!  Let's get right to the action on this playoff edition of the 2-Minute Drill!

WORLD WAR VI - DASTARDLY DOZEN PLAYOFFS - CALL OUT GAME
{#3} Littleton SilverBallers 299.42pts (+4) at {#4} Nevada Nighthawks 264.84pts (+1)
After much debate, the SilverBallers called out the Nighthawks but started second guessing their decision over the next several hours... But the one way to silence any doubts is to come out and be the top scoring team of the week, then it doesn't matter who you called out.  Littleton did just that.  Opening up a massive 35pt lead and they still have QB Andy Dalton, WR Antonio Brown, DT Geno Atkins, and CB Darqueze Dennard waiting to go.  As for the Nighthawks... Too much mediocre to hang with the "elite" players on the Ballers.  This one is over.

WORLD WAR VI - DASTARDLY DOZEN PLAYOFFS - WILD CARD GAME
{#5} Tarpon Springs RedKnights 263.34pts (+1) at {#6} Minnesota Eternals 303.52pts
The RedKnights and the Eternals squared off in the Wild Card game and both teams got a goose egg in their lineups... That is where the similarities ended.  The Eternals got nice games from RB Todd Gurley, WR Larry Fitzgerald, and DE Demarcus Lawrence.  Unfortunately for Tarpon Springs... They got not so nice games from guys like RB Duke Johnson, WR DeSean Jackson, and TE O.J. Howard.  They do have WR JuJu Smith-Schuster waiting to play, but unless he has the game of the season and puts up 40pts, this one is over as well... But there is that chance I guess...

WORLD WAR VI - TERRIBLE TWELVE PLAYOFFS - CALL OUT GAME
{#3} San Francisco Golddiggers 268.52pts (+1) at {#6} Norfolk Bombers 277.36pts (+1)
The Golddiggers called out the Bombers in this one and we have one hell of a stuggle on our hands... The Bombers cling to a 9pt lead and have CB Darqueze Dennard waiting to play.  As for Frisco, they have DE Cameron Heyward on Monday night.  If Heyward can't make up the difference, the Golddiggers will be left staring at the goose egg that was put up by DT DeForest Buckner and just think about what could have been all off-season...

WORLD WAR VI - TERRIBLE TWELVE PLAYOFFS - WILD CARD GAME
{#4} Naperville Divine 270.80pts (+2) at {#5} Philadelphia Pigskins 194.90pts (+4)
Someone forgot to tell the  Pigskins that the playoffs started this week... When you only have one guy break 15pts, it's going to be a long game and that's exactly what happened to the Skins in this one.  The Divine seemingly got a little Divine Intervention as they would be sweating it out if the Golddiggers had picked the Pigskins instead of the Bombers.  Philly does have RB Le'Veon Bell, WR Antonio Brown, WR A.J. Green, and LB Vontaze Burfict waiting to go... But being down 76pts is a big hole.  They do have the horses to get back into this, but Naperville has QB Ben Roethlisberger and DT Geno Atkins waiting for them.  Might get interesting...

BEST OF THE WORST - DASTARDLY DOZEN - CALL OUT GAME
{#9} Titletown Tyrants 270.36pts (+2) at {#12} Muskego Muskies 242.12pts (+3)
Down in the Best of the Worst, the Tyrants called out the Muskies and it appears it didn't really matter who they called out.  The Tyrants have a 28pt lead and still have WR Brandon Lafell and DE Cameron Heyward waiting to go.  As for the Muskies, they only have DE Carlos Dunlap, LB Vontaze Burfict, and CB Artie Burns.

BEST OF THE WORST - DASTARDLY DOZEN - WILD CARD GAME
{#10} Whiskey Creek Gadabouts 204.84pts (+2) at {#11} Las Vegas Degenerates 254.38pts (+1)
The reigning, defending Roster Wars champions, the Gadabouts, got to take on pinkie in this one and wouldn't you know it, pinkie handled their business!  The Degenitals have a 50pt lead and still have PK Chris Boswell waiting to play.  Whiskey Creek only has QB Ben Roethlisberger and DT Javon Hargrave waiting to go.

BEST OF THE WORST - TERRIBLE TWELVE - CALL OUT GAME
{#9} Bergen Brawlers 181.82pts (+4) at {#12} California Nightmare 237.32pts (+1)
Over on the TT side, the Brawlers called out the Nightmare, who's nightmare has only just begun as they won the Race for Pink in 2018.  Brawlers have WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, PK Chris Boswell, LB Ryan Shazier, and S George Iloka waiting to go... But they have a tall order ahead of them since the Nightmare have a 56pt lead with RB Joe Mixon waiting to play.

BEST OF THE WORST - TERRIBLE TWELVE - WILD CARD GAME
{#10} Rocky Mountain Oysters 267.66pts (+2) at {#11} Kane County Goon Squad 307.72pts
And in our final game on Wild Card weekend, the Oysters took on the Goon Squad.  Kane County put up one hell of an effort, led with huge performances from QB Josh McCown, WR Nelson Agholor, and S Lamarcus Joyner.  As for Rocky Mountain, they still have an outside chance to make up the 40pt deficit as they still have DE Carlos Dunlap and S Sean Davis.  Might come down to the wire on Monday night, might not.

That wraps it up for this edition.  Catch you all next week for the Divisional Playoff Round of the 2-Minute Drill!  Good night everybody!

-Mike Diggs

Last edited by Las Vegas DeGenerates on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:55 am

Figured I may as well get it over with, and read the grim news tonight, instead of Monday morning. Derrick definitely left no doubt on who's the top dog in Chapter 2. Congrats on the win, and thanks for blowing me out of the water so I'm not left wondering "what if" all off season.

Thanks for another fine article Mr. Diggs. Now let's see if I can fall asleep, or if I'll just toss and turn all night.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:04 am

Thanks Mike Diggs. Good luck To the Eternals next game.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 am

Good game Bern.  

I was worried when Julio put up, yet another stinker game!!!  But all my other players stepped up big time.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:23 am

Congrats Craig

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:51 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
{#9} Bergen Brawlers 181.82pts (+4) at {#12} California Nightmare 237.32pts (+1)

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:03 am

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:10 am

Thanks Rob. Some things expected, some surprises, and some yet to be decided. Should be a fun Monday night but stressful for a few.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:29 am

Dan, can you please let me have this one? I have had a rough year.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 am

Poz hasn't started all year, for Rob or I, and I only play him because Smith was out.  Figured what the Hell!  He's been good for them when he was a fulltime starter......

But to get 30 points from the fucker was CRAZY!!  Talk about a lucky roll of the dice right there....

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:02 am

It isn't over yet. I am going to sit back and root for low scoring game. I need 25pts from Big Ben and Geno combined and then I think I am probably safe.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:48 am

Nice write-up Diggsy!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:36 pm

Nice job with this all season long Rob

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:50 pm

Awesome Rob!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:09 pm

Great write up Rob - well done.

Some real surprises this week.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:41 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Dan, can you please let me have this one? I have had a rough year.  laughing
Your safe, Dunlap hasn’t put up numbers all year, either has Burflict. So unless Burns has 20 tackles and 3 pick 6’s your all good cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Sorry Han-Yang. You're going down!

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:58 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:

What color do you turn when you lose to the Pink twice in one season?

Asking for a friend... mock

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:23 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
What color do you turn when you lose to the Pink twice in one season?

I think it's brown.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)   

Back to top Go down

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Thirteen (Wild Card Weekend)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: