x

Share | 

Minor League Who's In Week 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 pm

There is no graphic this week.  I will go over scenarios as there is still a lot to be decided in the final regular season games.

Promising Prospects

Chapter 7: Favorite - Mongols 7-4

Chapter 8: Favorite - Demons/Panthers tied at 8-3

Chapter 9: Clinched - Spartans 9-2

Rising Rookies

Chapter 10: Clinched - Pigskins 8-3

Chapter 11: Favorite - Rottweilers/Nukes 8-3

Chapter 12: Clinched - Silverbacks 7-4

If I remember correctly there will be 6 playoff teams per conference which are made of 3 division winners and 3 wildcard teams.

If the playoffs started today:

Promising Prospects

1. Spartans
2. Demons
3. Panthers
4. Mongols
5. Ravens
6. Slashers

Rising Rookies

1. Rottweilers
2. Pigskins
3. Nukes
4. Silverbacks
5. Vipers
6. Marauders

The 3 division winners clinch a playoff spot. Then the next two best teams based on record and if tied points get the next spots. The final spot is to the team with the best all play record of the remaining teams.

After the 6 teams are decided they are seeded based on record and if tied points.

Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if I seeded incorrectly so I can learn and fix going forward.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 pm

Promising Prospects

Mongols:  Clinch division with a win OR Ravens loss
Ravens:  Clinch division with a win AND Mongols loss;  need to outscore Mongols by 92.9
Slashers:  Eliminated from division; Current all play wildcard 176-77
Mayhem:  Eliminated from division

Demons:  Clinch division with a win AND Panthers loss; Clinch division with a win AND outscore Panthers by 46.16; Clinch division with loss AND Panthers loss AND outscore Panthers by 46.16
Panthers:  Clinch division with a win AND Demons loss; Clinch division with a win AND outscore Demons by 46.16; Clinch division with loss AND Demons loss AND outscore Demons by 46.16
Kings:  Eliminated from post season
Galacticos:  Eliminated from post season

Spartans: Clinched division
Duffers: Eliminated from division
Viktors: Eliminated from division
Afterglow: Eliminated from post season

Rising Rookies

Pigskins:  Clinched division
Doppelgangers:  Eliminated from division
Arsenic: Eliminated from division
Unicorns:  Eliminated from post season

Rottweilers:  Clinch division with a win OR Nukes loss; Clinch division with loss AND Nukes loss
Nukes: Clinch division with a win AND Rottweilers loss
Vipers: Eliminated from division
Werewolves:  Eliminated from division

Silverbacks: Clinched division
Patriots: Eliminated from division
Marauders: Eliminated from division
Cobras: Eliminated from division

*These are my own scenarios so if something is off let me know but I'm pretty sure I came up with most scenarios. These are for divisional races not playoff spots.*

Last edited by Carolina Silverbacks on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Great work Matt. Looks like a few key games this week are going to have a domino effect on who gets in and how the seeding shakes out.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 pm

Promising Prospects

Teams that have locked up a playoff spot:
Mongols 7-4
Demons 8-3
Panthers 8-3
Spartans 9-2

Teams that are in the hunt for wildcard spots and potential points tiebreakers:
Ravens 6-5
Slashers 5-6
Mayhem 5-6
Duffers 5-6
Viktors 5-6

Teams that have been eliminated from post season:
Kings: 3-8
Galacticos: 3-8
Afterglow: 2-9

Rising Rookies

Teams that have locked up a playoff spot:
Pigskins 8-3
Rottweilers 8-3
Nukes 8-3
Vipers 7-4
Silverbacks 7-4

Teams that are in the hunt for the all play wildcard spot:
Arsenic 129-124
Werewolves 134-119
Marauders 134-119

Teams that have been eliminated from post season:
Doppelgangers 4-7
Unicorns 3-8
Patriots 5-6
Cobras 4-7

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:07 pm

Thanks Matt!

After a poor season, I am proud to still have something to play for in the final week. Bring on the beekeeper and the invisible man!

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:38 am

I like looking at all these different scenarios going into the final week of a season.  Not saying, I can follow along and understand all of them, but they're still fun to keep an eye on.  vote yes

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:40 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
I like looking at all these different scenarios going into the final week of a season.  Not saying, I can follow along and understand all of them, but they're still fun to keep an eye on.  vote yes

It just takes a few beers and multiple headaches and you'll reach enlightenment laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:51 am

Thanks for your work! Going to be interesting!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:07 am

Losers Bracket, here I come!

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:03 am

Gotta love it when there’s pressure all the way through the last week like this boxing

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:17 am

Thx Matt.....good to be back in the mix, on a roll, but in the first go around the Slashers won with a big margin...38 pts....so its a long shot

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Kalamazoo Nukes

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:21 am

Good stuff Matt, you can update the Chapter 11 division scenario to be winner of the Rotts and Nukes matchup wins the division

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:17 am

Kalamazoo Nukes wrote:
Good stuff Matt, you can update the Chapter 11 division scenario to be winner of the Rotts and Nukes matchup wins the division

Yea, as much as I would like to see us both lose.

Back to top Go down
Faber College Mongols

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Looks good thanks Matt. Would the winners of each Div make up the top 3 playoff spots? If so the winner of 7 will be in the 3rd playoff spot with either Panthers or Demons in 4th, right?

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 pm

Faber College Mongols wrote:
Looks good thanks Matt. Would the winners of each Div make up the top 3 playoff spots? If so the winner of 7 will be in the 3rd playoff spot with either Panthers or Demons in 4th, right?

Yeah bro division winners are top 3. Then best record seeds are 4 & 5 with best AP that is left in at 6

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:35 pm

Polk High Panthers wrote:

Yeah bro division winners are top 3. Then best record seeds are 4 & 5 with best AP that is left in at 6

Not necessarily top 3 seeds.  Just into the playoffs.  Seeding is based off of regular season standings

Quote :
D. Once these 6 teams have been decided, at that point seeding will be determined based on their regular season standings. Winning your division gets you into the playoffs, it doesn't necessarily mean you deserve a bye.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:38 pm

I thought division winners got the playoff spot but not necessarily the top 3 spots. I’ve figured all playoff spots and then sorted the 6 teams by record and if tied points.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Oops I stand corrected

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

Not necessarily top 3 seeds.  Just into the playoffs.  Seeding is based off of regular season standings

Quote :
D. Once these 6 teams have been decided, at that point seeding will be determined based on their regular season standings. Winning your division gets you into the playoffs, it doesn't necessarily mean you deserve a bye.

Beat me to it. Thanks Matt.

Back to top Go down
Faber College Mongols

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Appreciate the clarification, thanks fellas.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Most leagues do it that way. This ain’t most leagues. It’s pretty unique. I like it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:11 pm

It's weird to know that my record no longer means anything. Just points Laughing

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Keith our game is going to come down to my safety and RB vs your safety and RB. Best pair wins the #1 seed. eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
It's weird to know that my record no longer means anything.  Just points Laughing

I was gonna say it's gross that you are 4-7 and probably gonna get in with your AP, then I remembered I'm running Dave's team with the same record and a good AP.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:06 am

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
It's weird to know that my record no longer means anything.  Just points Laughing

I was gonna say it's gross that you are 4-7 and probably gonna get in with your AP, then I remembered I'm running Dave's team with the same record and a good AP.

Nah I'm going to get edged out by the Wolves unless Hopkins has the game of his life tonight. Need about 25 points.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:17 am

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:

Nah I'm going to get edged out by the Wolves unless Hopkins has the game of his life tonight.  Need about 25 points.  

He's done it a few times already. Whole season coming down to a single player.

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:41 am

Thanks matt!

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:17 pm

I may be reading it wrong but hopefully not... with only one NFL game left of our regular season by my count we have 3 teams in PP trying for 2 playoff spots.

Spartans - predicted loss this week - 9-3 regular season record Seed 1 cause of points
Demons - predicted win this week - 9-3 regular season record Seed 2 cause of points
Panthers - predicted win this week - 9-3 regular season record Seed 3 cause of points
Mongols - predicted win this week - 8-4 regular season record Seed 4

Mobtown facing the Slashers. A win this week and he finishes at 7-5 regular season record and would be Seed 5 with Slashers most likely the Seed 6 with his impressive All-Play record

If however Mobtown loses to the Slashers then they’re would be a three way tie at 6-6 between Mobtown, Slashers and Viktors. If that were the case then Slashers would get seeded as the number 5 seed due to points scored and it would most likely be between Viktors and Duffers for the 6 Seed due to All Play. They’re separated by 7 (Viktors trailing) and Viktors is putting up an impressive final week..

It’s gonna be close

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:32 pm

There was a couple of games that I thought I really needed that slipped away...really hope they don't come back to bite me in the ass when the dust settles. My squad has some point potential and anything can happen..

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:43 pm

It's scary to think that 3 months of lineup decision makings that would create an unknown number of possible outcome could come down to Monday Night Football and a few points. You would think everybody would be separated by so much more. It is cool to see things go down to the final minutes of a season.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:55 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
It's scary to think that 3 months of lineup decision makings that would create an unknown number of possible outcome could come down to Monday Night Football and a few points.  You would think everybody would be separated by so much more.  It is cool to see things go down to the final minutes of a season.

Same thing happening in RR right now.

If Rottweilers beat Nukes
     1 seed: Rottweilers
     2 seed: Pigskins
     3 seed: Silverbacks
     4 seed: Nukes
If Nukes beat Rottweilers
     1 seed: Pigskins
     2 seed: Nukes
     3 seed: Silverbacks (Woodhead <6.78 points) or Rottweilers (Woodhead > 6.78 points)

Vipers (predicted loss) lock up 5 seed, unless Tucker and Collins combine for more than 47.04 points (in which case all of the seeding above changes)

6 seed: Werewolves (Hopkins < ~22 points) or Marauders (Hopkins > ~22 points) since Marauders hold a 1 win advantage in all-play

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Thanks, Matt!

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:20 pm

You're welcome everyone. Thanks for updating the potential seedings Sam and Matt. Going to fun watching Roster Wars seeding tonight more than the game lol.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:56 pm

I may be reading it wrong but hopefully not... with only one NFL game left of our regular season by my count we have 3 teams in PP trying for 2 playoff spots.

Spartans - predicted loss this week - 9-3 regular season record Seed 1 cause of points
Demons - predicted win this week - 9-3 regular season record Seed 2 cause of points
Panthers - predicted win this week - 9-3 regular season record Seed 3 cause of points
Mongols - predicted win this week - 8-4 regular season record Seed 4

Mobtown facing the Slashers. A win this week and he finishes at 7-5 regular season record and would be Seed 5 with Slashers most likely the Seed 6 with his impressive All-Play record

If however Mobtown loses to the Slashers then they’re would be a three way tie at 6-6 between Mobtown, Slashers and Viktors. If that were the case then Slashers would get seeded as the number 5 seed due to points scored and it would most likely be between Viktors and Duffers for the 6 Seed due to All Play. They’re separated by 7 (Viktors trailing) and Viktors is putting up an impressive final week..

It’s gonna be close

Ravens won so looking like he ends the regular season at 7-5 and will be the 5 Seed
And guessing Slashers here is the 6 Seed with his AP record

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:16 am

This is what I think the seeds look like after week 12. Some ties broken by point totals.

Promising Prospects

1. Spartans
2. Demons
3. Panthers
4. Mongols
5. Ravens
6. Slashers

Rising Rookies

1. Pigskins
2. Nukes
3. Rottweilers
4. Silverbacks
5. Vipers
6. Marauders

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:51 am

Congrats everyone on a great fist regular season

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:22 am

I just needed one more week it looks like...this blows lol

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:51 am

Carolina Silverbacks wrote:
This is what I think the seeds look like after week 12.  Some ties broken by point totals.

Promising Prospects

1. Spartans
2. Demons
3. Panthers
4. Mongols
5. Ravens
6. Slashers

Rising Rookies

1. Pigskins
2. Nukes
3. Rottweilers
4. Silverbacks
5. Vipers
6. Marauders

Pretty sure that should be Werewolves over Marauders, right? Wolves 6-6 while Beemen 4-8. Patriots also 6-6 but lose the points scored tiebreaker.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:57 am

6 Seed is All Play. Justin and the invisible man are tied in AP at 155-121 but Justin has the TPS over him with 3423 over 3415

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:00 am

In other words only 8.05 fantasy points separated all of Chapter 11 from being in the Playoffs

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:02 am

6 Seed is All Play. Justin and the invisible man are tied in AP at 155-121 but Justin has the TPS over him with 3423 over 3415

This is true at least to the best of my knowledge.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 am

Dang.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:25 am

Congrats to all who are moving on. For the rest of us, there's always next year.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:25 am

Rottweilers and Silverbacks are only separated from #3 seed by 1.72 TPS. Stat correction territory for seed change?

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:29 am

Rottweilers and Silverbacks are only separated from #3 seed by 1.72 TPS.  Stat correction territory for seed change?

If somehow I can get 4 points of stat corrections and beat the Nukes, then everything gets shaken up. But still a lot of room for movement, especially between me and you as well as Werewolves/Marauders.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:29 am

Manhattan Beach Patriots wrote:
Congrats to all who are moving on.  For the rest of us, there's always next year.

Losers bracket winner brings home $100. All is not lost for y'all yet.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:30 am

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Rottweilers and Silverbacks are only separated from #3 seed by 1.72 TPS.  Stat correction territory for seed change?

If somehow I can get 4 points of stat corrections and beat the Nukes, then everything gets shaken up. But still a lot of room for movement, especially between me and you as well as Werewolves/Marauders.

Very true Matt. Should be interesting watching for stat corrections this week.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:47 am

When do we do the call-outs? Thursday?

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:54 am

I would think it would be after stat corrections cause that can change things, but then there are also games being played Thursday so the schedule would have to be set prior to NFL kickoff... good question

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:56 am

It'll be interesting, as RR's two best teams (on average) didn't get byes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 11   

Back to top Go down

Minor League Who's In Week 11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: