x

Share | 

Star Wars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Star Wars    Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Hey any Star Wars lovers on here? I can't wait for the next one out in a few weeks.

Have loved the new series so far and the spin off was brilliant too.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:32 pm

YUP! Have read a lot of the books and comics also

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:33 pm

The only thing I haven't got into is the animated TV series. I have heard they are pretty good.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:17 pm

I'll watch it for sure. I'm more a casual fan but I have seen them all and my son enjoys them as well.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:08 pm

Looking forward to the new film. Enjoyed Rogue One more than Episode VII but have high hopes.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Yeah I'm a hardcore SW dork. We already have our tickets (assigned seats at theater near house) for opening night

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:08 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
Yeah I'm a hardcore SW dork.  We already have our tickets (assigned seats at theater near house) for opening night

Theaters with reserved seating are the best! There are a few KC theaters that you can order booze and real food on a tray to be brought out to you. The seats are all like lazy boys!

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 am

That's how ours is now. They redid the whole place at the beginning of this year and every theater is full recliner. Has a full service bar and restaurant inside (along with the normal concessions).

Seems like a small thing but reserving your seats at home and knowing you have a good seat is the best thing. For SW we're center screen, 2 rows from the back (and similar seats for the Sunday afternoon show also)...yeah I have an issue. LOL

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:02 am

That sounds phenomenal. I am jealous.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:44 am

Definitely will see it - maybe in a few years I can take my daughter!

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:54 am

Southside Spartans wrote:
That's how ours is now.  They redid the whole place at the beginning of this year and every theater is full recliner.  Has a full service bar and restaurant inside (along with the normal concessions).  

Seems like a small thing but reserving your seats at home and knowing you have a good seat is the best thing.  For SW we're center screen, 2 rows from the back (and similar seats for the Sunday afternoon show also)...yeah I have an issue.  LOL

For a big opening like SW you would have to show up like an hour and a half before showtime to get a seat. Now I can show up 5 minutes before, beautiful.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:55 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
The only thing I haven't got into is the animated TV series. I have heard they are pretty good.

Can confirm, the animated series is good. It has some pretty dark kind of adult moments for a cartoon probably intended for children.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:21 am

That's awesome John. I'm going twice too, but only because I always go for the Premier with my mate & I am taking my nephew who is a big fan the following day.

Got to go VIP. Get the nice recliner seats and best view!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:28 am

I'll probably go see it twice as well, but I stay away from opening night, or night in general. I'll go at like 9 am on a tuesday.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:35 am

I don't care what they add to the theater experience....the cost to see a movie (early on) is retarded. We rarely go to a theater. Plus you have to deal with the savages the world has while your there.

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:38 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I don't care what they add to the theater experience....the cost to see a movie (early on) is retarded. We rarely go to a theater.  Plus you have to deal with the savages the world has while your there.

that being said....we are going to see Star Wars in the Theater just like we have for the last two movies. Our boy really likes them and I am a SW dork as well. We will just avoid opening day...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:51 am

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
I don't care what they add to the theater experience....the cost to see a movie (early on) is retarded. We rarely go to a theater.  Plus you have to deal with the savages the world has while your there.

that being said....we are going to see Star Wars in the Theater just like we have for the last two movies. Our boy really likes them and I am a SW dork as well.   We will just avoid opening day...

The boss has spoken. Enjoy the theatre Andy.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:14 pm

Fuck.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:16 pm

That shit was funny. Poor Andy.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:43 pm

LMAFO - Happy wife... happy life

something I still need to learn

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:22 pm

lol3 lol 2 rofl

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
LMAFO - Happy wife... happy life

something I still need to learn

That phrase can go fuck itself. Happy life = Having a wife who can be happy without being a motherfucking princess. You're welcome.

As for the above, I only say FUCK because it's a silly way to burn some cash but these two clowns I live with are worth it if this is the big movie they need to see. If they ask to see some other shit soon then I assure you I will win with a mere "fuck no" and we'll be watching Netflix.

Can't wait to watch "Star Wars 12: Robots on a plane" or whatever this shit is called.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:40 am

That was funny as hell.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:49 pm

lol3 rofl

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 pm

I got tickets for a showing on the 17th. I can't wait to go see it

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:01 am

Cinema is crazy expensive, but its an experience. Anyone can stream movies these days - but you go to the theatre for the big screen, surround sound etc.

I read that they are going to start putting smells into cinema, like if your in the jungle they put smells out like a jungle. So you feel like you are part of the movie.

I think that is the way it needs to go. Give people an experience that they can't have at home.

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Agree Paul, something great about still going in person. So pumped for this movie. Felt the last one was decent but was more of a nostalgic reboot. Now that the main plotpoints have started we can get to the good fun (I hope)

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:28 pm

Not opening day but sometime in Dec.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:34 pm

Seeing the movie tonight at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Anyone else going around the country?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Seeing the movie tonight at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Anyone else going around the country?

I'll go next week early some morning. I hate being around people.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

I'll go next week early some morning. I hate being around people.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Gonna be doing shots with this bitch

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:12 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:

that being said....we are going to see Star Wars in the Theater just like we have for the last two movies. Our boy really likes them and I am a SW dork as well.   We will just avoid opening day...

Shit I missed this first time around! Judge laid down the hammer!

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:37 am

I havent been to the theater in over 16 years. Do not want to go again, but I suppose when/if I have grandchildren that will be the only thing that would qualify as a possible reason that would make me go. That being said I have never seen 1 star wars movie ever.

Folks sure do like it though and I can respect that. It seems like the kind of movie that is best if seen in the theatre too if you are a fan.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:00 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

I havent been to the theater in over 16 years.  Do not want to go again, but I suppose when/if I have grandchildren that will be the only thing that would qualify as a possible reason that would make me go. That being said I have never seen 1 star wars movie ever.

Folks sure do like it though and I can respect that.  It seems like the kind of movie that is best if seen in the theatre too if you are a fan.

WHAT?! shocking open mouth

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

I havent been to the theater in over 16 years.  Do not want to go again, but I suppose when/if I have grandchildren that will be the only thing that would qualify as a possible reason that would make me go. That being said I have never seen 1 star wars movie ever.

Folks sure do like it though and I can respect that.  It seems like the kind of movie that is best if seen in the theatre too if you are a fan.

Which part? No theater in 16 years or never seena SW movie?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:24 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Which part?  No theater in 16 years or never seena  SW movie?

Definitely the never seen a Star Wars movie part!

I'd never go to the theater either if I was okay with waiting to see certain movies.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:43 pm

If I was a kid, I would want Carla as a grandma. My grandmas knits things, theirs (future) tweets and lives for fantasy football.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Seeing it tomorrow night with some law school buds. Somehow there were three seats available next to each other at the 530. Can’t wait!

Back to top Go down
Tallahassee Showboats

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Denver Demons wrote:
Seeing it tomorrow night with some law school buds. Somehow there were three seats available next to each other at the 530. Can’t wait!

I'm a huge Science Fiction/Fantasy nerd. I'll be seeing the new Star Wars over Christmas break for sure. As a kid I would I swore I was Luke Skywalker fighting the Evil Empire.
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:20 am

I guess I'm still stuck in the old school Star Wars movies, by the way they feel and look.  I got to let that go and realize that this is a new genre of star wars and the look and feel of the old ones is past tense.

With that said I was going to say the movie was, "OK".  But after thinking about it, the movie was actually pretty good.  I actually thought it was done really well.

Just don't go to a movie expecting to see a Lucas type film, as those days are long past.  Just view as the future of the franchise and let the past die.  I think that's the best way I can put it

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Kids and I saw it last night. I liked it.

I don't know if I like the idea that the 'franchise' will just keep going and going and going. I thought there was going to be an end, but from the end of it, I think Disney is setting it up so that there can be 20 more movies.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:24 pm

As a comparison to what it costs for a movie ticket here in Mexico, just went online to see what Star Wars late afternoon, early evening would cost for 2 adults. This is at one of the theaters run by the largest move theater company in Mexico...200+ theaters nationwide. Comparable to what you would go to the US.

Cost for 2 adults....52.00 pesos, includes the 16% tax...current exchange rate is 19 pesos to USD...so cost is $2.73 USD...
If we want to see in 3D...cost is 273 pesos...$14.00.
Food/parking is comparable price wise.

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:56 pm

I went to see Star Wars VIII last night and it was a good watch. Not great, but good.

I still prefer Rogue One out of the 3 recent Star Wars movies and looking forward to more stand alone stories in the Star Wars universe.

Back to top Go down
Tallahassee Showboats

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Jeez...you guys are really discouraging me from watching this Star Wars movies.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:27 pm

I liked it

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Going next week with my kids while we’re on break.

Looking forward to it.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Tallahassee Titans wrote:
Jeez...you guys are really discouraging me from watching this Star Wars movies.  

Don't be put off. If you are a Star Wars fan, you'll enjoy it for sure.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:03 am

Watched it yesterday with the fam. Agree it was good not great, but overall a must watch.

My 14 year old said he preferred the older movies, made me real proud.. but like I said it was still a must watch.

The only thing I would add is you can definitely tell its made by Disney.. several characters that will be if not already made into kids plush toys that should be quickly leaving the shelves at your local Target/Wal-Mart.. the true Disney way

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:44 am

I'll finally be seeing it in about a half hour! Pretty pumped.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars    

Back to top Go down

Star Wars
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: