Dastardly Dozen:

Clinched a playoff spot:
England Dragons

Eliminated from playoff contention:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts, Dos Faces Degenitals, Muskego Muskies

Eliminated from top 5 seed contention:
Titletown Tyrants

Week 11 Chapter clinching scenarios:
England Dragons - Clinch Chapter 1 with a win and a Redknights loss.  
Nevada Nighthawks - Clinch Chapter 2 with a win.  
Indiana Mayhem - Clinch Chapter 3 with a win or a loss by the Malosos.  

Summary:
Despite losing 3 in a row the Dragons have clinched a a playoff spot (assuming my math is correct). Even if they don't set a lineup the next two weeks and go 0-46 in all play, their 198 all play wins would be enough to get them the 6 seed at the very worst. Chances are they would even end up with a top 5 seed even if they went 0-2 (assuming they did set a lineup) because the Redknights and Eternals play each other in week 12 and someone has to lose. Congrats to Jon for locking up the first playoff spot.

The Tyrants are 15 all play games behind the Redknights for the #6 seed.
The Africans and Malosos are only 1 game out of a playoff spot, and the Malosos face the two lowest scoring teams in the DD in their final two games so they could play spoiler if one of the top five teams decides to go 0-2 in their final two games.  If the Africans win this week and the Nighthawks lose, we could see a week 12 winner makes the playoffs game between those two teams.

Terrible Twelve:
Week 11 Clinching Scenarios:
Philadelphia Pigskins - Clinch Chapter 4 with a win and a Divine loss
Charm City Justice - Clinch Chapter 6 win a win and a Golddiggers loss, clinch a playoff spot with a win

Eliminated from Playoff contention:
California Nightmare

Summary:
The Terrible Twelve still remains completely unclear.  There may actually be some clinching scenarios or teams that are eliminated that I haven't figured out because it is all just so convoluted.  

The Goon Squad and Oysters are hanging on by the skin of their teeth although a chapter title is mathematically out of the question now.

The Bombers remain the highest scoring team in the TT despite being 4-6.  They also only hold a 4 game all play lead on the Divine for that 6th playoff spot.  

The Mean Machine and Knights square off in a huge battle this week.  Because of points, a loss would cripple the Mean Machine's playoff chances and a loss by the Knights would make getting a first round bye very difficult.

The Pigskins and Steelcats may still be the best two teams in the conference on paper but they aren't playing like it and better figure things out before the playoffs start.

The Brawlers need to win out and get a lot of help, but they have a 3-1 division record right now, so stranger things have happened.

The Justice are the default #1 seed right now but are still only the fourth highest scoring team in the conference.  They do have the second best all play record and are only 40 points behind the highest scoring team after a strong week, so at least they have that going for them.  

Hopefully next week this article is shorter and things are a little clearer.  I am certainly not holding my breath though.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:37 am

Man this really upsets me!

I go from leading the division to second in the division!!!  Just for the record though.  I've outscored and have a better AP record than the NightHawks!

SilverBallers - 3007.52

Nighthawks - 2675.60

Differential of 331.92 points Shocked

All-Play record

SilverBallers - 134 - 96

NightHawks - 93 - 137

pay attention

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:46 am

I NEEDED MANY THINGS TO HAPPEN TO KEEP MY (SLIM) PLAYOFFS HOPES ALIVE - OF COURSE NONE OF THEM DID

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:52 am

Not that I'm playing for anything but my team continues to get bent over by injury. Collins on IR, Samuel may have a serious ankle injury. Fucking fantastic

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:59 am

I can make up 15 AP record games pretty quick if I have a big week and some teams shit the bed. Only problem is time is not on my side.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:

I go from leading the division to second in the division!!!  Just for the record though.  I've outscored and have a better AP record than the NightHawks!

SilverBallers - 3007.52

Nighthawks - 2675.60

All-Play record

SilverBallers - 134 - 96

NightHawks - 93 - 137

pay attention
If it upsets you, then it upsets you. You are 3-3 in the last 6 with 1775.34 points scored. Bern is 6-0 with 1744.60 points scored. Currently, before stat corrections (it is possible Bern loses this week), he is 3-1 in your Chapter and you are 1-3. You have lost to the Nighthawks, Muskies, Africans and have wins against Africans, Mayhem, Redknights. Bern has won against Gadabouts (twice), Tyrants, you, Dragons, and Malosos.

Let's deep dive even more: Against "like" opponents you are 3-3 and the Nighthawks are 5-1 if you include your head to head match-up Bern is 6-1 and you are 3-4. Now, if you look at the remaining schedules you have: Nighthawks and Gadabouts. And Bern has: Silverballers and Africans.

A couple things that you can say is you have a better All-Play record and more points score for than Bern. But Bern can say he is 6-0 in the last 6 weeks and is 5-1 against like opponents and you are 3-3 not including a loss to the Nighthawks. Oh, and did I mention he is in big trophy in your Chapter? In my opinion, there is no such thing as a bullshit win in fantasy football. Take your wins, take your losses and move on to the next week. You, and your mini-lineup, control your own destiny.

pay attention shit happens

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:39 am

YOU GIT'EM MARK!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:12 am

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

SilverBallers - 3007.52

Nighthawks - 2675.60

All-Play record

SilverBallers - 134 - 96

NightHawks - 93 - 137

pay attention
If it upsets you, then it upsets you. You are 3-3 in the last 6 with 1775.34 points scored. Bern is 6-0 with 1744.60 points scored. Currently, before stat corrections (it is possible Bern loses this week), he is 3-1 in your Chapter and you are 1-3. You have lost to the Nighthawks, Muskies, Africans and have wins against Africans, Mayhem, Redknights. Bern has won against Gadabouts (twice), Tyrants, you, Dragons, and Malosos.

Let's deep dive even more: Against "like" opponents you are 3-3 and the Nighthawks are 5-1 if you include your head to head match-up Bern is 6-1 and you are 3-4. Now, if you look at the remaining schedules you have: Nighthawks and Gadabouts. And Bern has: Silverballers and Africans.

A couple things that you can say is you have a better All-Play record and more points score for than Bern. But Bern can say he is 6-0 in the last 6 weeks and is 5-1 against like opponents and you are 3-3 not including a loss to the Nighthawks. Oh, and did I mention he is in big trophy in your Chapter? In my opinion, there is no such thing as a bullshit win in fantasy football. Take your wins, take your losses and move on to the next week. You, and your mini-lineup, control your own destiny.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:24 am

Woa that is some whoop ass Mark just pulled out!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:28 am

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

SilverBallers - 3007.52

Nighthawks - 2675.60

All-Play record

SilverBallers - 134 - 96

NightHawks - 93 - 137

pay attention

get some

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:43 am

So you're saying there's a chance?

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:01 pm

Sometimes you lose when scoring 350 and sometimes 280 gets you a 50 point win.

Go figure... shrug

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:33 pm

I need another victory.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:36 pm

The fact that I'm in this conversation should make a lot of you feel embarrassed ROFL

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Great write up Bill. Glad to have made it as I can really see this season ending at 7-5. My last two match ups are really tough ones so it's good to know the all-play is there as a safety net.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:33 am

England Dragons wrote:
Great write up Bill. Glad to have made it as I can really see this season ending at 7-5. My last two match ups are really tough ones so it's good to know the all-play is there as a safety net.

cheers  

Shut your pie hole... Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Preview   

Back to top Go down

Week 10 Playoff Preview
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: