x

Share | 

Indianapolis Colts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:58 pm

0-10...can they join the Lions in the 0-and-16-club??
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:21 pm

I am very interested to see if they are smart enough to pull the trigger and pick Luck.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Well they got rid of Caldwell so that is good. That guy has as much personality as a tree stump.
Back to top Go down
Easton Red Rovers

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:40 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Well they got rid of Caldwell so that is good. That guy has as much personality as a tree stump.

Sad but true...all good things come to an end. Irsay waited too long to decide Caldwell's fate and probably regrettably lost out on Fisher. I know some people love Tressel but I don't think he's a good fit either. I just hope they don't gut the roster. Peyton doesn't deserve it. For selfish reasons I would hate to see Peyton in a Jets uniform sick

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:10 am

Easton Red Rovers wrote:

Sad but true...all good things come to an end. Irsay waited too long to decide Caldwell's fate and probably regrettably lost out on Fisher. I know some people love Tressel but I don't think he's a good fit either. I just hope they don't gut the roster. Peyton doesn't deserve it. For selfish reasons I would hate to see Peyton in a Jets uniform sick

I absolutely agree. Fisher would have taken that job in a heartbeat.

As to Peyton, when they signed the contract July 30th, I believe they knew he very well may not play last year. Peyton had stated he didn't have to be the highest paid player, wanted more money to go to the team for players. He has renegogiated his contract in the past down so the Colts could keep some players. I think they draft Luck, Peyton stays. The payment in March will say a lot. Of course, according to Rob Lowe a few days ago, Manning is retiring. What a dumbass doh Peyton wants to stay a Colt. He has shown that more than once in the past.

All that being said, they put Tressel in as Head Coach..........

I may become a Pats fan furious
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:55 am

I would have loved to see Fisher go to the Colts. I can't stand the Colts and Fisher sucks. That would have worked out perfectly.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:23 am

OK and this kinda goes to Andy's "Annoys me" post, I am so sick of the idiots around here. Andrew Luck will put us in the Super Bowl. Right. The Colts are my team and they will suck for 3-4 years. .500 may be a stretch the next 2. Core group will be gone. O Line is bad. D is bad. At this point, Austin Collie will be WR1, Anthony Gonzalez will be WR2, Blair White WR3. That kinda says it all right there. I love Collie, but not as the #1 WR. Tamme is decent, rest of the TE's just suck. Mathis will leave, Freeney is getting older. Brackett is old. Yada yada yada

Sigh.

Let the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drink

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Andrew Luck will help the team but they are going to lose so many key components this offseason. I think the Colts will lose both Garcon and Wayne which will make the receivers look like shit. Mathis will be gone IMO. Defense is just horrible and they need help everywhere

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Back to top Go down
DownUnder Mayhem!

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:17 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
The Colts are releasing Peyton tomorrow.

Let the Fun begin beer

Cant see him going to NYC or Washington, NYC isn't big enough for two Mannings, and , wont want to play Eli in same Div.

I reckon that leaves only Dolphins and KCC in the AFC.

Cardinals only team in NFC for me that will appeal to him.

Should be fun

DownUnder Mayhem!
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:11 am

Even though the 49'ers have said they're happy with Alex Smith wouldn't that be incredible?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:51 am

Even though the 49'ers have said they're happy with Alex Smith wouldn't that be incredible?

If I am the niners, to hell with Alex Smith. I push hard to get Peyton.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:02 am

If I am the niners, to hell with Alex Smith. I push hard to get Peyton.

Amen. My wife is a big Niners fan (Made the NFC Championship in my house interesting.)

With that D and if they can draft a halfway decent WR they'll be so money.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:50 pm

For those that missed the press conference live

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks for posting that Justin.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Not something people talk about, but, man...Luck is going to have tremendous pressure on him as soon as he gets into the league. Imagine if Manning goes to Miami and leads them to an 11-12 win season, and Luck struggles transitioning into the NFL (as you'd expect) and the Colts are a 5-6 win team. Hopefully he can handle it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

x2

tough to watch. Partly because Irsay going on and on and on with his ah...eh...ah...ah...umm...ah and then to see a guy like Peyton say goodbye like that. I hope he gets another shot to play his way and he kicks the living shit out of the Colts before he retires.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

x2

tough to watch. Partly because Irsay going on and on and on with his ah...eh...ah...ah...umm...ah and then to see a guy like Peyton say goodbye like that. I hope he gets another shot to play his way and he kicks the living shit out of the Colts before he retires.

You're welcome guys.

Very tough to watch indeed. I was getting choked up myself when Manning was speaking. I'm not even a Colts fan but I have such a huge amount of respect for what he's done for the NFL and his team.
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:31 pm

As a Patriots fan, I've always hated Manning with the fire of 1,000 suns...until he started doing those commercials and was hilarious.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

x2

You're welcome guys.

Very tough to watch indeed. I was getting choked up myself when Manning was speaking. I'm not even a Colts fan but I have such a huge amount of respect for what he's done for the NFL and his team.

I had to turn it off, it's like losing a member of the family.

Colts will be lucky (no pun intended) to get 5 wins the next couple of years.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:12 pm

The purging is almost complete
Colts cut Brackett, Clark, Addai, Bullitt, Painter!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:51 pm

I have the good Scotch out, watching replays, getting absolutely drunk.

This is a sad day.......

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
I have the good Scotch out, watching replays, getting absolutely drunk.

This is a sad day.......

Yes but alas a new day is dawning and the Phoenix shall rise from the ashes!
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Nothing worse than watching a broken hearted Demon drown his sorrows, makes me get a lil misty. Crying or Very sad

Just think though. Tomorrow is another day, another lost soul to take ... Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:46 am

Yup.....NOW I remember why I stopped drinking that much...............

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:01 am

Sigh.....ain't it the truth.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:00 am

On the bright side, they cut 4-5 big name players and, well, didn't get much worse.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:01 am

Also, this is a pretty good example of why players are not in on the "let's throw games so we can get the #1 pick." Players who are on a team for campaign as bad as the 2011 Colts often find themselves out of a job.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:10 pm

http://www.nesn.com/2012/03/patriots-should-explore-possibility-of-trading-for-dwight-freeney-if-hes-willing-to-restructure-cont.html

Quote :
Defensive end Dwight Freeney will be the one who truly dictates how much the Colts can get for him in the trade market.

The Colts are reportedly fielding offers for the seven-time Pro Bowler who turned 32 last month, but Freeney is in complete control of the entire situation.

Freeney is due $14.035 million in base salary in the final year of his contract in 2012, and that's far too much at this stage of his career, which is the essential reason why the Colts appear to be willing to trade him. Therefore, Freeney's trade value will hinge on his willingness to restructure his contract.

Just a guess, but Freeney might not want to restructure his deal with the Colts, who are in a complete rebuilding mode after cutting quarterback Peyton Manning. Freeney should have a little more enthusiasm about restructuring if he can land on a team that is set to win now and in the next few years.

And therein lies the next step in the process. Freeney still has more than enough talent to be an attractive commodity, but there might not be a single team in the NFL that would surrender a draft pick for a player who isn't going to live up to his $14 million tag.

Freeney had 8.5 sacks in 2011, which was the third-fewest total of his career and the second fewest among seasons in which he's played in all 16 games (he has played 16 games in six of his 10 seasons). But if Freeney is put on the right defense, he might still be one of the most potent pass rushers in the game.

Therefore, if Freeney happens to be open to restructuring his contract -- say, for $18-20 million over three seasons -- the Colts could get a second- or third-round pick for him. For a team that's ready to make over its entire operation, that's a pretty nice asset, and the extra money will give the Colts a chance to get a little more liberal with younger players in free agency.

And here's where the Patriots should come into play. If they're going to stick with the 4-3 defense in 2012 and Freeney will restructure his deal, the Patriots should strongly consider acquiring him. Since they have a pair of picks in the second and third rounds, they'll have the assets to pull off such a maneuver.

Plus, head coach Bill Belichick has famously enjoyed targeting players who have hurt him in the past -- most notably with the trade for wide receiver Wes Welker and the courting of defensive end/outside linebacker Jason Taylor -- and Freeney fits that reputation perfectly.

A source told NESN.com on Thursday the Patriots haven't yet made any serious steps toward re-signing defensive end Mark Anderson. By reading between those lines, it likely means the Patriots' first intention could be to assess the whole market with the possibility of upgrading the edge of the defense before circling back to Anderson. If that's the case, Freeney again would make sense.

The story is still in its infancy, but as it continues to develop, Freeney will be in complete control of where he plays in 2012.

Figured this was coming too after the resigning of Mathis. Be real interesting if he were to go to the Pats. They need the D help, but he may be too expensive.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm trying to see what their offense looks like next season. Is this about right, colts fans?

QB Andrew Luck
RB Donald Brown
WR Austin Collie
WR Anthony Gonzalez
TE Brody Eldridge
---------------------
RB Delone Carter
WR Quan Cosby
TE Anthony Hill

If this is correct, then WOW. This team will be drafting 1st overall again next season if they don't bring in some notable FA's

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Is Jacob Tamme not there?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:23 pm

This is all I could find about him: Jacob Tamme

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:43 pm

I understand that it must be hard to watch your favorite team blow it up and start over, but...the Colts are extremely lucky. This situation is 500% worse if they had the #8 pick instead of #1, or #1 in many other years. You guys have a chance to go from Peyton Manning to another all-time great (potentially, admittedly) without a gap in between. I hope the Patriots are so lucky when it's time for Brady to move on.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:49 am

I'm actually really excited to watch the Colts. I can't wait to see the entire rebuilding project. What talent they bring in, who else they let go, and how well they manage to do. Very intriguing.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Here are the Colts remaining UFA's

DE Jamaal Anderson
DE Tyler Brayton
OG Ryan Diem
FB Jerome Felton
DT Eric Foster
WR Pierre Garcon
WR Anthony Gonzalez
CB Jacob Lacey
C Mike Pollak
C Jeff Saturday
OLB Ernie Sims
TE Jacob Tamme
WR Reggie Wayne
OLB Philip Wheeler

At this point, I don't think any of these players come back. The Colts are in total rebuild mode. This will be a 3-4 year process and I expect them to do it through the draft again. They are going to have a few high draft picks the next couple of years. I think they will also trade Freeney for some sort of package with picks. Everyone seems to be focusing on the offensive changes, but there will be big holes on defense to. As if it was not bad enough already.

I think Polian did a great job early, but we are seeing why he was let go. He didn't have any pieces in place to continue.

Since 2009, some of their picks have been, well, just bad. Sad to say that Pat McAfee was one of the best choices. OK, Angerer is looking good, just not sold on Brown or Carter. Castonzo may be another good one. Other than that below avg.

I am actually fine with all of this as a Cots fan. A fanatic. I still vividly remember the bad years too. My hope is, we can return to relevance in the next 4 years, but I believe it will take that long.

Some interesting signings:

DE Justin Hickman CFL Hamilton Tiger Cats. Tore it up last year in the CFL.

C Jake Kirkpatrick Signed as a Undrafted FA last year, was released and now resigned. Won the Rimington trophy in 2010 after also being a finalist in 2009. Need to research as to why he was released, never followed up on it.

I just hope Luck can survive for 2-3 years. I am afraid he will be on his back more than his feet.

Last edited by Decatur Demons on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Andrew Luck = Ryan Leaf

Do I think he'll be a total bust, probably not... However no matter what Luck does, he is going to be the one that pushed Peyton out of Indy. Not a good cloud to have over his head. Rodgers in Green Bay was a different situation, Favre was at the end. I don't think Peyton is. But his neck could say something else. I just can't stop thinking about what Washington gave up for pick two... If they kept Manning, how many picks do you think they could have gotten for pick one if they traded it? They could have got someones entire draft.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
Andrew Luck = Ryan Leaf

Do I think he'll be a total bust, probably not... However no matter what Luck does, he is going to be the one that pushed Peyton out of Indy. Not a good cloud to have over his head. Rodgers in Green Bay was a different situation, Favre was at the end. I don't think Peyton is. But his neck could say something else. I just can't stop thinking about what Washington gave up for pick two... If they kept Manning, how many picks do you think they could have gotten for pick one if they traded it? They could have got someones entire draft.

Great QB that in the end may be considered a bust because of what he will have to work with. Add in that most Colts fans are bandwagon asses. I sat in the seats when we were 1-15, 4-12 and 3-13, twice. Most fans came over the last 10 years and will leave mad. They just will not recognize how special the last 10 years were.

I feel very sorry for Luck. This very well may not be a good situation.

You are right, what could they have done with those picks, but Cap room was going to be another issue. As I said before, it is time.

Last edited by Decatur Demons on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:17 pm

25 yr old Scotch is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:09 pm

And the Colts have resigned Reggie Wayne...

Three year deal.

@AdamSchefter

Reggie Wayne re-signing a three-year deal with Colts. Agreement reached.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:21 pm

surprises me that at his age and the other moves the Colts are making that Reggie would want to stay.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:26 pm

surprises me that at his age and the other moves the Colts are making that Reggie would want to stay.

You and me both. I thought they were doing a full rebuild.
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Yeah definitely seems to be different than the direction they were going in.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:00 pm

I guess there is some value in a reasonably priced veteran WR to help w Luck's development, i.e. avoid the Bradford syndrome...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I guess there is some value in a reasonably priced veteran WR to help w Luck's development, i.e. avoid the Bradford syndrome...

I agree completely I'm just surprised that they actually did it. I think this is really good for Luck.
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Great move by the Colts - Wayne was the only guy they'd let walk that I thought would hurt them losing him. He's not that old for a WR, can still put out 2-3 years of good production, which could be very important to Luck's development.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:03 am

That's a sensible move all around. Which is what makes it really surprising.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:38 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks:

Round 1: QB Andrew Luck (Stanford)

Round 2: TE Coby Fleener (Stanford)

Round 3: TE Dwayne Allen (Clemson), WR TY Hilton (FIU)

Round 4: DT Josh Chapman (Alabama)

Round 5: RB Vick Ballard (Mississippi State)

Round 6: WR Lavon Brazill (Ohio)

Round 7: OG Justin Anderson (Georgia), OLB Tim Fugger (Vanderbilt), QB Chandler Harnish (Northern Illinois)

Grade: A+

Summary:

Not only did the Indianapolis Colts draft the best player in this year's class, they drafted the two best tight ends and my No. 2-ranked nose tackle. A pretty good day, overall.

Chuck Pagano and Ryan Grigson are winning the draft so far, finding really solid players who will come in and help set the tone for the locker room in Indianapolis. A smart, safe draft highlighted with tough players at key positions.

I freaking loved this draft for the Colts despite what Bob might say. They gave Andrew Luck a ton of weapons here. Fleener, Allen, Ballard, Hilton, Brazill. They also added a piece to the D and some to the O-Line.

I had originally thought that it would take Luck a few years to really come on strong as a fantasy QB but after this draft and all the pieces they're surrounding him with I think I need to reevaluate my position. I also love that they're all young guys that are going to grow and learn together.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:41 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks:

Round 1: QB Andrew Luck (Stanford)

Round 2: TE Coby Fleener (Stanford)

Round 3: TE Dwayne Allen (Clemson), WR TY Hilton (FIU)

Round 4: DT Josh Chapman (Alabama)

Round 5: RB Vick Ballard (Mississippi State)

Round 6: WR Lavon Brazill (Ohio)

Round 7: OG Justin Anderson (Georgia), OLB Tim Fugger (Vanderbilt), QB Chandler Harnish (Northern Illinois)

Grade: A+

Summary:

Not only did the Indianapolis Colts draft the best player in this year's class, they drafted the two best tight ends and my No. 2-ranked nose tackle. A pretty good day, overall.

Chuck Pagano and Ryan Grigson are winning the draft so far, finding really solid players who will come in and help set the tone for the locker room in Indianapolis. A smart, safe draft highlighted with tough players at key positions.

I freaking loved this draft for the Colts despite what Bob might say. They gave Andrew Luck a ton of weapons here. Fleener, Allen, Ballard, Hilton, Brazill. They also added a piece to the D and some to the O-Line.

I had originally thought that it would take Luck a few years to really come on strong as a fantasy QB but after this draft and all the pieces they're surrounding him with I think I need to reevaluate my position. I also love that they're all young guys that are going to grow and learn together.

Actually, still not in love with the Allen pick with the talent that was still there, but I get it.

Lucky Fuggers!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:45 pm

I've heard mixed reports on whether Allen can hold as run game blocker - that will be key to getting all the weapons in the appropriate role.
Great job on giving Luck some things to work with

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis Colts   

Back to top Go down

Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: