HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Poetry Corner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Poetry Corner   Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:50 am

Put your poems here folks! We know you have them. Even if they are not your own (make sure to give credit).


Back to top Go down
Online
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:51 am

Poem by unknown source (possibly a friend) must be read out loud with emphasis.

Sleep?
I wake up in a cold sweat staring
Into despair
What is that I’m hearing outside?
a sound?
familiar to me, yet faint as it may be.
Sirens?
I hear them when im sleeping, I hear them when I look outside my
window, a vestige now of what it was before, yet faint as it may be.
Despair crosses my mind as I can’t help to think
is that a sound I’m really hearing?
or is it my mind just reeling!
I sink into my thoughts, the room spins and the lights flicker
the sound that was welcoming before
Now hangs in the air cacophonous and filled with darkness and just... wrong.


Back to top Go down
Online
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23763

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:15 am

Roses are red
Violets are blue
My team is probably dead
And fuck all your teams too.


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 805

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:45 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
My team is probably dead
And fuck all your teams too.
Made my day and I feel your pain.
ROFL ROTFLMAO lol3


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:02 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
My team is probably dead
And fuck all your teams too.


Nice Andy! Come on people express your inner thoughts!



Back to top Go down
Online
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Ooh, I love me some poetry.  It helps bring out the sensitive side of my personality.  You got Poe, Frost, Dickenson, it's hard to pick just one to post here.  I don't want to flood this thread, so I'll go with this one from an unknown poet.  It's titled:








S.M.A.K.




When SMAK was created, you all said I was crazy.
But none of you countered, because you were lazy.


So out came SMAK with predictions that were bold,
He's nuts, he's stupid, he's out of his mind, is all I was told.


But nobody knew the math that was used.
As all the doubter left my sensitive ego bruised.


The predictions still came out, and truth was abound.
As all you mouths gaped, not one supporter was found.


This should be a lesson to those of you filled with doubt.
That the use of computers, math, and stats, always win out.


As the outcomes continue to be easily know,
The doubters will contiue to have their minds blown.


Now that SMAK has become a household name,
I have been fighting the urge to soak in the fame.


There's a job that still needs to be done.
And if SMAK is wrong, it will be no fun.


To Roster Wars, SMAK is here to stay.
Those that hate it, can just go away.  


Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3480

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:46 pm

Oh team so shitty
Why have you abandoned me?
You leave me cold and empty inside
By your underperforming ways.
I have coddled and nurtured you
Yet you continue to break my heart.
Must we part ways as I trade all of you
And cast you aside?
Are you so callous that you can't even
Put forth a determined effort?
I shed a tear as I contemplate
What could have been . . .


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8246

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Ooh, I love me some poetry.  It helps bring out the sensitive side of my personality.  You got Poe, Frost, Dickenson, it's hard to pick just one to post here.  I don't want to flood this thread, so I'll go with this one from an unknown poet.  It's titled:








S.M.A.K.




When SMAK was created, you all said I was crazy.
But none of you countered, because you were lazy.


So out came SMAK with predictions that were bold,
He's nuts, he's stupid, he's out of his mind, is all I was told.


But nobody knew the math that was used.
As all the doubter left my sensitive ego bruised.


The predictions still came out, and truth was abound.
As all you mouths gaped, not one supporter was found.


This should be a lesson to those of you filled with doubt.
That the use of computers, math, and stats, always win out.


As the outcomes continue to be easily know,
The doubters will contiue to have their minds blown.


Now that SMAK has become a household name,
I have been fighting the urge to soak in the fame.


There's a job that still needs to be done.
And if SMAK is wrong, it will be no fun.


To Roster Wars, SMAK is here to stay.
Those that hate it, can just go away.  


Back to top Go down
Online
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2814

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:27 pm

There once was a kid named Bern,
Who claimed we all had something to learn.
He used a tool called "SMAK",
But couldn't predict "JACK".
And now his failure is known.


-Al Davis


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:09 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
There once was a kid named Bern,
Who claimed we all had something to learn.
He used a tool called "SMAK",
But couldn't predict "JACK".
And now his failure is known.


-Al Davis




Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Guys excellent work! Nice job Ed and Bern.

Keep it coming.


Back to top Go down
Online
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Don't take pictures of Andy
He'll be really mad
No Facebook pictures either
You'll be banned and sad


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Don't take pictures of Andy
He'll be really mad
No Facebook pictures either
You'll be banned and sad


ROFL Eloquently written, with deep meaning.  ROFL


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:49 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Don't take pictures of Andy
He'll be really mad
No Facebook pictures either
You'll be banned and sad

Excellent! Thank you!!! clap


Back to top Go down
Online
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:54 pm

The calm, and the storm within-
by an unknown writer


The suns rays beat down on my face as I enter my Vehicle.
My nose is assaulted by the fresh air and the splendor of this beautiful summer day
Closing the door I press a button that alerts them that I’m on my way
I look at an address that is unfamiliar yet I know it is not so far away.
A man walks his dog, a lady stands at the corner, another is taking a stroll.
None knows me nor notices my Sirens or my strobe
I wonder if they’re callus does the world not care no more?
A headache threatens me as I rub my frontal lobe.
I’m closer now, I can hear the words CPR instructions given.
My mind races not to the unpleasantness that awaits me
but instead to the sea and the seagulls flying nearby
As my car races to the place that has beckoned, a far cry.  
Frustration one of my constant companions visits again
as I notice that my gps
Has failed to track thy path to my friends.
Luckily I know this roads but uncertainty creeps into my mind
Could this be the day that my path is blind? Am I sure that I will not waiver
and instead be able to find?
Oh what a peaceful day beautiful children play, but static interferes a man says clearly “working a full code”
and I know today another face will greet me with sadness as I say I’m sorry
watch the neighbors hold her and embrace.
A nightmare becons me, another pebble fills my heavy sack I carry
of sadness misery could it be more dreary.
I leave my car enter the strangers home
I see blood on the floor and man that is old
Follow the trail of blood  and the cacophony I hear
From the bedroom that is near.
What can I do what can I say?
My men are drenched and filthy
A man has died today.
I cannot sleep nor talk about things deep. I visit a forum a safe house far
From those that I protect.
A place I joke and laugh but inside im broken knowing that my eyes have seen
The darkness sadnesses that torment me
A storm inside me. I smile and cry something in my eye...


Back to top Go down
Online
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3480

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:50 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
The calm, and the storm within-
by an unknown writer


The suns rays beat down on my face as I enter my Vehicle.
My nose is assaulted by the fresh air and the splendor of this beautiful summer day
Closing the door I press a button that alerts them that I’m on my way
I look at an address that is unfamiliar yet I know it is not so far away.
A man walks his dog, a lady stands at the corner, another is taking a stroll.
None knows me nor notices my Sirens or my strobe
I wonder if they’re callus does the world not care no more?
A headache threatens me as I rub my frontal lobe.
I’m closer now, I can hear the words CPR instructions given.
My mind races not to the unpleasantness that awaits me
but instead to the sea and the seagulls flying nearby
As my car races to the place that has beckoned, a far cry.  
Frustration one of my constant companions visits again
as I notice that my gps
Has failed to track thy path to my friends.
Luckily I know this roads but uncertainty creeps into my mind
Could this be the day that my path is blind? Am I sure that I will not waiver
and instead be able to find?
Oh what a peaceful day beautiful children play, but static interferes a man says clearly “working a full code”
and I know today another face will greet me with sadness as I say I’m sorry
watch the neighbors hold her and embrace.
A nightmare becons me, another pebble fills my heavy sack I carry
of sadness misery could it be more dreary.
I leave my car enter the strangers home
I see blood on the floor and man that is old
Follow the trail of blood  and the cacophony I hear
From the bedroom that is near.
What can I do what can I say?
My men are drenched and filthy
A man has died today.
I cannot sleep nor talk about things deep. I visit a forum a safe house far
From those that I protect.
A place I joke and laugh but inside im broken knowing that my eyes have seen
The darkness sadnesses that torment me
A storm inside me. I smile and cry something in my eye...



Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:16 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
The calm, and the storm within-
by an unknown writer


The suns rays beat down on my face as I enter my Vehicle.
My nose is assaulted by the fresh air and the splendor of this beautiful summer day
Closing the door I press a button that alerts them that I’m on my way
I look at an address that is unfamiliar yet I know it is not so far away.
A man walks his dog, a lady stands at the corner, another is taking a stroll.
None knows me nor notices my Sirens or my strobe
I wonder if they’re callus does the world not care no more?
A headache threatens me as I rub my frontal lobe.
I’m closer now, I can hear the words CPR instructions given.
My mind races not to the unpleasantness that awaits me
but instead to the sea and the seagulls flying nearby
As my car races to the place that has beckoned, a far cry.  
Frustration one of my constant companions visits again
as I notice that my gps
Has failed to track thy path to my friends.
Luckily I know this roads but uncertainty creeps into my mind
Could this be the day that my path is blind? Am I sure that I will not waiver
and instead be able to find?
Oh what a peaceful day beautiful children play, but static interferes a man says clearly “working a full code”
and I know today another face will greet me with sadness as I say I’m sorry
watch the neighbors hold her and embrace.
A nightmare becons me, another pebble fills my heavy sack I carry
of sadness misery could it be more dreary.
I leave my car enter the strangers home
I see blood on the floor and man that is old
Follow the trail of blood  and the cacophony I hear
From the bedroom that is near.
What can I do what can I say?
My men are drenched and filthy
A man has died today.
I cannot sleep nor talk about things deep. I visit a forum a safe house far
From those that I protect.
A place I joke and laugh but inside im broken knowing that my eyes have seen
The darkness sadnesses that torment me
A storm inside me. I smile and cry something in my eye...


Haha I know right! Deep shit right there! This unknown poet is amazing!


Back to top Go down
Online
Maple Grove Mean Machine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1827

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:39 pm

Rub a dub, dub
Thank you, Lord
For this grub.


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:41 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
Rub a dub, dub
Thank you, Lord
For this grub.

clap


Back to top Go down
Online
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
Rub a dub, dub
Thank you, Lord
For this grub.

Ours used to be:

In the name of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost
The one who eats the fastest, gets the most.

I guess that's more of a prayer, than a poem.  shrug


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:53 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
Rub a dub, dub
Thank you, Lord
For this grub.

Ours used to be:

In the name of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost
The one who eats the fastest, gets the most.

I guess that's more of a prayer, than a poem.  shrug

Everything is acceptable in the poem corner as long as it rhymes.


Back to top Go down
Online
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
Rub a dub, dub
Thank you, Lord
For this grub.

Ours used to be:

In the name of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost
The one who eats the fastest, SHITS the most.

I guess that's more of a prayer, than a poem.  shrug

Fixed it for you!


Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3480

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:58 pm

There once was a man from Leeds,
Who swallowed a packet of seeds;
Within half an hour,
His dick was a flower,
And his balls were all covered with weeds.


Author Unknown


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:25 am

Trade in October- by unknown poet


A trade just transpired between Rob and myself
A trade that is fair not dragon dispair.
Jon always get stronger, cause he scares the foes
into giving him players that have golden floors
I know that the words dont match up in here
but rhyming sometimes means that smores are delicious...


Back to top Go down
Online
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2814

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:54 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Trade in October- by unknown poet


A trade just transpired between Rob and myself
A trade that is fair not dragon dispair.
Jon always get stronger, cause he scares the foes
into giving him players that have golden floors
I know that the words dont match up in here
but rhyming sometimes means that smores are delicious...

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:


Everything is acceptable in the poem corner as long as it rhymes.

lol3 thinking lol3


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:50 am

REFLECTIONS OF A DAD - A Poem by Stylianos

---You were there when I was young working endlessly without fun,
---You provided me a home never NEVER was I alone.
---Now the tables have been turned and its you that is in need,
---rest assured I will be there, and my debt will now be freed.

(INTERMISSION customary 2 minutes to grab tissues and talk about how great this poem is.)

---Old man time might take your mind, may forget the things we did, piss in shoes and talk in tongues, but a boys love will not lag, and will always be nearby when you fall and even cry, I will be there ohh ohh my... ... ohh ohh my...



Thank you, feel free to pass this along especially to anyone affiliated with the Jackson Poetry Prize, or any other awards that I can either pin on my wall or hang on my desk.


Back to top Go down
Online
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3480

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:39 am

There once was a fellow named Sty
Who some say was a likable guy
He made a big boo-boo
In trying to save JuJu
But all got resolved - that's no lie


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:23 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
There once was a fellow named Sty
Who some say was a likable guy
He made a big boo-boo
In trying to save JuJu
But all got resolved - that's no lie

Hahaha that’s great!


Back to top Go down
Online
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2814

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:17 pm

FLUCK

........................YOU,

.........................................AND

..........................................................JUJU

............................................................................TOO!



tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:35 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
FLUCK

........................YOU,

.........................................AND

..........................................................JUJU

............................................................................TOO!



tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue


rofl


Back to top Go down
Online
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:50 pm

Stuck in class I was yesterday,
get back to work to find disarray
I fix what I can, tinker here and there
my mind back in forth like a guard on patrol!
forgetful I was, article's deadline long past
I must do it quickly, a promise to bolster
or else I'm no better then Derrick's small roster.


Back to top Go down
Online
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:01 am

Why Me - by unknown not angry poet


Why me? Why me?
Exclaimed the man on Tuesday
Was strange so soon a sight to see
bye week troubles he had indeed!
They plagued him and he felt not free.
Why me! Why me!
kept crying he, even when freed from loss
His enemy a state of shock
couldn't believe the brevity.
Inside him thinking What the hell?
Does he not see that we all smell?
He cometh here to yell why me why me?
If you were near me I would Duel
My glove off striking you harshly
Your cheek red but pride intact
But dangling dangerously after the smack
You don’t see injuriesand players ejected
That Winston or Webb that did not play?
a peep I hear from him them on Twitter?
Why he didn’t dress? Only a guess...
So stop with crap as I grow weary
A win you got true but know this...
A man you’re not, sit when you piss!


Back to top Go down
Online
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:07 pm

Submitted by a certain Englishman:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I hope your moustaki
Falls off in the loo

middle finger


Back to top Go down
Online
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Poem of a Nighthawk:


My men have been summoned and we will do Sty & Steph proud.  
The SilverBallers will get SMAKed in the face, screaming very loud.

To the battle, the NightHawks will carry their shield.
As SilverBallers blood will be shed all over the football field.

Once the stats are compiled, a victor will be crowned.
With the SilverBallers hopes and dreams having been drowned.

Sty and Steph will be celebrating as they dance in the street.
Because Negans we all are, And Negans are light on their feet.


Back to top Go down
Online
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3480

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:20 am

So Russ calls out the Nightmare
Because the other two give him a scare
But then the ol' bloke
Pulls a major league choke
And ends up with his ass in the air


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:47 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
So Russ calls out the Nightmare
Because the other two give him a scare
But then the ol' bloke
Pulls a major league choke
And ends up with his ass in the air

lol3 best one yet!


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8246

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:12 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
So Russ calls out the Nightmare
Because the other two give him a scare
But then the ol' bloke
Pulls a major league choke
And ends up with his ass in the air

Laughing Laughing Laughing


Back to top Go down
Online
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:51 am

Excellent job Ed! Bravo!


Back to top Go down
Online
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3480

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:18 pm

Oh, what a season it's been
Even though I took it on the chin
But let's give three cheers
And even some beers
To Carla for her incredible win


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8339

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:48 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Oh, what a season it's been
Even though I took it on the chin
But let's give three cheers
And even some beers
To Carla for her incredible win

Beautiful. Well said!


Back to top Go down
Online
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Poetry Corner   

Back to top Go down
 
Poetry Corner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: