Share | 

Chris Johnson RB ARI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Quote :
Cardinals re-signed RB Chris Johnson to a one-year contract.
It's the best possible outcome for the former 2,000-yard rusher, who turns 32 in September. Johnson has found a nice niche as a Bruce Arians reserve, but was limited to four games by a groin injury last season. His explosion is long gone, but Johnson can still follow blocks and go station to station. The Cardinals' official website expects him to remain the No. 2 behind David Johnson. A committee would emerge were DJ to go down with injury, limiting Johnson's appeal as a handcuff.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:13 pm

Really? I guess they're signing him so he can retire as a Cardinal. We know he can't run the rock anymore

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:41 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
Cardinals re-signed RB Chris Johnson to a one-year contract.
It's the best possible outcome for the former 2,000-yard rusher, who turns 32 in September. Johnson has found a nice niche as a Bruce Arians reserve, but was limited to four games by a groin injury last season. His explosion is long gone, but Johnson can still follow blocks and go station to station. The Cardinals' official website expects him to remain the No. 2 behind David Johnson. A committee would emerge were DJ to go down with injury, limiting Johnson's appeal as a handcuff.

get some

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:12 pm

According to NFL.com, Chris Johnson has been released by ARI

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:13 pm

I think he is finally toast.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:14 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I think he is finally toast.

Probably. Sure was fun while it lasted though.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Again.

Cardinals re-signed RB Chris Johnson.
Quote :
This was expected after David Johnson was sent to injured reserve with a wrist injury. It is not clear what Johnson's role will be after the Cardinals decided to keep Kerwynn Williams over him at final cuts, but he is worth a speculative add in most formats. Andre Ellington will also have a role in the muddled backfield.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Again.

Quote :
This was expected after David Johnson was sent to injured reserve with a wrist injury. It is not clear what Johnson's role will be after the Cardinals decided to keep Kerwynn Williams over him at final cuts, but he is worth a speculative add in most formats. Andre Ellington will also have a role in the muddled backfield.

Was thinking they might give FA Jonathan Williams a crack...Coach already said RBBC if DJ was out; not sure there's a lot of value there.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:57 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Again.

Quote :

Was thinking they might give FA Jonathan Williams a crack...Coach already said RBBC if DJ was out; not sure there's a lot of value there.

Yeah, he is just sitting on the Bronco's practice squad. I guess teams don't like him for some reason.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:04 pm

WTF?!?

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:17 pm

It's raining backup running backs.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:47 pm

This guy (CJ2K) was last relevant when again exactly? I'm thinking a re-branding might be needed CJ2Y as in 2 yards per carry ... woo hoo.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:34 pm

As the sun rises:

Cardinals released RB Chris Johnson.
Quote :
The move clears a roster spot for Adrian Peterson. Cardinals coach Bruce Arians is a CJ2K fan, but the 32-year-old back was running on fumes this season, averaging 2.53 yards on his 45 carries. The Cardinals' line is a disaster, but Johnson's play-making ability is gone. It's possible, if not likely, he's taken his final NFL carry. A transcendent player in his prime, Johnson isn't quite a Hall-of-Famer, but is just one level below.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:46 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
As the sun rises:

Quote :
The move clears a roster spot for Adrian Peterson. Cardinals coach Bruce Arians is a CJ2K fan, but the 32-year-old back was running on fumes this season, averaging 2.53 yards on his 45 carries. The Cardinals' line is a disaster, but Johnson's play-making ability is gone. It's possible, if not likely, he's taken his final NFL carry. A transcendent player in his prime, Johnson isn't quite a Hall-of-Famer, but is just one level below.

Things change quickly. It was only 6 years ago that both guys were top 5 dynasty assets.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
As the sun rises:

Quote :

Things change quickly.  It was only 6 years ago that both guys were top 5 dynasty assets.

Yep! And I never owned either. Back in the day I tried to trade for CJ several times too.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
As the sun rises:

Quote :
I read this line this way on accident "but the 32-year-old black was running on fumes"

am I a racist???   shrug

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
As the sun rises:

Quote :
I read this line this way on accident "but the 32-year-old black was running on fumes"

am I a racist???   shrug

Yes. We all are and if you're not sure that totally makes you one. Your ID badge is in the mail.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Wasn't it less than 4 years ago that this man was racing against a cheetah?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
As the sun rises:

Quote :

am I a racist???   shrug

Yes.  We all are and if you're not sure that totally makes you one.  Your ID badge is in the mail.

Laughing laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Johnson RB ARI   

Back to top Go down

Chris Johnson RB ARI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: