:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Minor League Who's In Week 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Minor League Who's In Week 5   Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 pm

As some people are confused at what all these numbers mean.  These are percentages for clinching the division playoff spot or a wildcard spot.  If you don't clinch the division you could still grab a wildcard spot.  I may or may not have it set up correctly but the numbers seem to be reflecting standings now.

Promising Prospects

Chapter 7:  Favorite - All 4 teams tied at 3-2

Chapter 8:  Favorite - Panthers

Chapter 9:  Favorite - Spartans

Rising Rookies

Chapter 10:  Favorite - Pigskins

Chapter 11:  Favorite - Vipers/Nukes tied at 4-1

Chapter 12:  Favorite - Marauders/Cobras/Patriots tied at 3-2

If I remember correctly there will be 6 playoff teams per conference which are made of 3 division winners and 3 wildcard teams.  Next week I will try and formulate the potential playoff teams.  Week 8 I will start with scenarios.

Predicted Playoff Teams

Promising Prospects

1. Spartans
2. Slashers
3. Demons
4. Panthers
5. Mayhem
6. Ravens

Rising Rookies

1. Marauders
2. Vipers
3. Nukes
4. Pigskins
5. Cobras
6. Silverbacks

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 5   Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 am

Nice work Matt! My only question is on the 6 seed. That isnt a wildcard, but rather All-Play record. Should there be a 3rd column to map out the 6 seed after 1-5 are in?

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 5   Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 am

Nice work Matt

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 5   Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:11 am

Awesome! Man, the Marauders do all that work to earn the top seed and their reward is a first-round date with Silverbacks. That's a fine how do you do.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 5   Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:44 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Nice work Matt!  My only question is on the 6 seed.  That isnt a wildcard, but rather All-Play record.  Should there be a 3rd column to map out the 6 seed after 1-5 are in?

Correct on #6
"Six (6) out of the twelve (12) teams in each conference will make the playoffs main bracket.  

A. Within each conference, three (3) division winners clinch a playoff berth. 

B. Within each conference, the next two best teams based on standings (wins/points) will get a playoff berth.  

C. Within each conference, the team with the best all-play record of the remaining teams will receive a playoff berth. A teams all-play record is their Win/Loss record had they played every team in the league every week. "

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 5   Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:48 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Nice work Matt!  My only question is on the 6 seed.  That isnt a wildcard, but rather All-Play record.  Should there be a 3rd column to map out the 6 seed after 1-5 are in?

Correct on #6
"Six (6) out of the twelve (12) teams in each conference will make the playoffs main bracket.  

B. Within each conference, the next two best teams based on standings (wins/points) will get a playoff berth.  

C. Within each conference, the team with the best all-play record of the remaining teams will receive a playoff berth. A teams all-play record is their Win/Loss record had they played every team in the league every week. "

Without running any formulas I would assume Riverside is the correct #6 seed in RR then based on his current All Play record then. After a Silverbacks win this week, however, Matt #2 will probably move into the 4-5 projected seeding.

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 5   Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:45 am

Nice work Matt...time to climb the ladder

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 5   Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
MobTown Ravens wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:

Correct on #6

Without running any formulas I would assume Riverside is the correct #6 seed in RR then based on his current All Play record then.  After a Silverbacks win this week, however, Matt #2 will probably move into the 4-5 projected seeding.

Already predicting a loss against Matt #2? Yea y'all correct I'm the 6 seed at the moment, and it might stay that way for a while since I got a tough schedule coming up.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 5   Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Yeah the projections are more based on playing out the whole season not based off the current standings in the graphic. I do have the percentages set up to account for all play records as tiebreaker. I'll try and put a little more time into it and maybe do it more like if the playoffs started today format next week.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 5   Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Awesome stuff man, don’t go counting chickens though.. it’s dtill a long way to the playoffs.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 5   Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:26 pm

There isn't much else to do with my chickens.  Well...except this I guess...

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 5   Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:29 pm

Lol...

I know for my team at least last week I was worried about the Demons matchup, this race is tight.. can’t take any week for granted

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Who's In Week 5   

Back to top Go down

Minor League Who's In Week 5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: