:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:35 pm

A weekly run-down of the events leading up to Monday Night Football.  Remaining players and points needed for victory will also be highlighted.  Every week each underdog heading into the Monday Night game will receive a rating on a scale of 1 thru 5 on the "MIRACLE METER"  Trust me, you don't want a 5 star rating in this article!

244.16  1 Rem. vs. 209.22 3 Rem.

This will be a game to keep an eye on tonight, as Chapter 7 foes Mobtown and Faber College will be fighting to the finish.  

The Ravens hold the lead heading into Monday night, and hope Andrew Sendejo can come up big on Monday night to hold off the Mongols.  Faber College will be sending out the trio of Stefon Diggs, Everson Griffin, and Anthony Barr.  

A final score in the 260’s could result in a victory for either team, after both teams had disappointing performances across the board, but a win is a win!

The Mongols will need a miracle here, and hope their defensive stars can get to rookie QB Mitch Trubisky in his first start on Monday night; it is within reach for Faber College.

Miracle Meter- 3 out of 5

267.52  2 Rem. vs.   220.42 4 Rem.

Polk High head into Monday night with a 47+ point lead, and look to overcome horrible play from their RB corp.  Their WR’s picked up the slack, and an early injury to DeVante Parker may not be a factor in this one.  The Panthers defensive unit was solid up front, Danielle Hunter and Harrison Smith hope to add to the strong defensive effort on Monday night.

The question for the Demons will be if either Minnesota QB that gets the starting nod, Jordan Howard, Linval Joseph, and Eric Kendricks all have big games in them Monday night.  They will all need stellar performances if Denver plans on pulling off the Monday Night Miracle.  There was nothing scary about the Demons offense in Week 5.

Denver will need a miracle here, as I see the Polk High Panthers improving to 4-1 on the season, but their running game may limit them down the stretch.

Miracle Meter- 4 out of 5

275.78 1 Rem. vs. 240.46 2  Rem.

Four 20+ point performances from Joey Bosa, Ray Ray Armstrong, Jarrad Davis, and Barry Church, were key for the Kings on Sunday.  Their offense also provided just enough firepower to give them a 35 point cushion heading into Monday night.

No real standouts for Edinburgh here, with only two 20+ point performances (Aaron Rodger and Devon McCourty) on either side of the ball made for a tough Sunday.  Horrible QB play from DeShone Kizer, and the loss of J.J. Watt Sunday night, will be a concern moving forward.

Kansas City will march out Kendall Wright tonight, while the Galacticos will counter with Tarik Cohen and Zach Miller.  All players will be depending on rookie Mitchell Trubisky to help put up big numbers.

Edinburgh will need a huge miracle here to overcome this 35 point deficit, and I don’t see that happening.  They fall to 1-4, while he Kings will improve to 2-3.

Miracle Meter- 5 out of 5

287.48 0 Rem. vs. 291.54 2 Rem.

There was pure Mayhem Sunday night, as the Texans trio of DeShaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller, along with Dak Prescott ended any chance the Slashers had for a Monday night miracle.  Indiana can rest comfortably as they improve to 3-2

Haddonfield had a disappointing game on the ground with the exception of Melvin Gordon (34.30).  After another questionable call, benching Cam Newton for the second week in a row will have fans and the front office scratching their heads for the week to come.    The Slashers fall to 3-2, in a division that looks to be tight all season.

No Miracle needed here, as the Mayhem received their miracle a night early.

Miracle Meter- 0 out of 5

283.44 3 Rem. vs. 209.30 1 Rem.

Valhalla will finally taste “Viktory” this week, as their defensive unit was the key in securing their first win of the season.  Great defensive performances across the board, along with T.Y. Hilton’s big day receiving helped lead the way on the offensive side of the ball.  With 3 players left to play Monday night, the Viktors have secured their first win, and improve to 1-4 on the season, and finally get out of the winless column.

St. Louis can’t feel good about this one.  Rolling out Blake Bortles as your only starting QB, is never a good thing.  With only 2 players scoring over 20 points on the day (Travis Kelce, Ryan Shazier), they lacked any firepower on either side of the ball.  Big games from Kawann Short (27), Gerold McCoy (24), and Justin Evans (29.2) were spoiled with DNP- Coaches Decision tags this week.

Adam Thielen won’t be able to save the Duffers sinking ship on Monday night, they hope to stay afloat next week as they fall to 1-4.

321.72  0 Rem. vs. 259.10 1  Rem.

Leonard Fournette, AJ Green, and Telvin Smith combined to score over 90 points for the Southside Spartans.  Along with the surprisingly good QB production of Jacoby Brissett, who replaced Marcus Mariota in the Spartans lineup, Southside receive solid production on both sides of the ball.  They look to improve to 4-1.

Great QB play from Alex Smith, and WR’s Chris Hogan, Antonio Brown, and Odell Beckham Jr., weren’t enough to overcome the mighty Spartans in week 5.  Andromeda will now have the task of replacing one of their team’s biggest stars, having lost OBJ for the season.  

Latavius Murray won’t be enough to save the day for the Afterglow, as they will fall to 2-3.

318.22 2 Rem. vs. 276.18  2 Rem.

Heading into Monday night’s game with a 42 point lead, the Doppelgangers can feel great for the first time this year.  Outstanding QB play from Dak Prescott and some garbage time production from Deshaun Watson(in which the GM bragged about, lol) helped secure this win for Maplewood.  Melvin Gordon (32), Joey Bosa (25) and Kawann Short (27) led the charge on the defensive side of the ball.

Alaska, who are projected to go over 300 pts this week will most certainly need a miracle to overcome the 42 point deficit.  Kendall Wright and Everson Griffin just won’t be enough on Monday night to pull even with the Doppelgangers.  Strong games from Melvin Gordon and Gerald McCoy weren’t enough to keep Alaska within striking distance.

The Doppeldongers were too much for the Arselick this week.  (Sorry guys my spell-check isn’t working correctly).  Maplewood goes to 1-4, as Alaska slides to 2-3.

330.68 0 Rem. vs. 251.12 3 Rem.

Kalamazoo came into week 5 with a perfect record of 4-0, but all signs point the Vipers posting the first blemish on their record.  

Tenafly showed balance on both sides of the ball.  Surprise performances from Jacoby Brissett and Aaron Jones helped bolster the offensive unit.

Blake Bortles,  DeMarco Murray and Doug Baldwin were major disappointments for the Nukes this week.  A strong defensive showing just will not be enough to pick up that slack.

Tenafly heads into Monday night with an 80 point lead.  The Nukes hope for Monday night miracles from 3 players tonight, Jordan Howard, Stefan Diggs, and Harrison Smith.  All will need to have spectacular games if the Nukes have any chance of a comeback.  

The deficit is too much, both teams head into Week 6 at 4-1

Miracle Meter- 5  out of 5

202.44 1 Rem. vs. 281.76 2 Rem.

Not much to say here sports fans, this one has been decided before the final whistle.

The Rottweilers were led by Carson Wentz (28.86) and Vontaze Burfict (36), but a huge blow was dealt when Odell Beckham Jr. went down with what is most likely will be a season ending injury.  Riverside can sit back comfortably Monday night and watch young talent, Mitchell Trubisky, in his first NFL start.

Week 5 was a disaster for the “Wherewolves,” because honestly Where were their players this week?  A combined 13.3 points from their RB corps and letdowns from both Brady and Goff turned into major disappointments.  Solid outings from Kelvin Benjamin and Michael Crabtree are the only factors in bringing Carolinas point total over 200 for the week.  Anthony Barr on Monday night won’t be able to pick up the slack.  

This one is in the books; the Werewolves won’t be able to dodge the silver bullet here.

Both teams move to 2-3 heading into Week 6

Miracle Meter-5 out of 5

282.28 3 Rem. vs. 250.74 1 Rem.

WR’s and DT’s led the way for the Patriots in Week 5… Outstanding performances from Chris Hogan, Will Fuller, Davante Adams, and T.Y. Hilton led the way through the air for Manhattan Beach.  Javon Hargrave and Geno Atkins terrorized the opposing teams offense all day, combining for 53 points.  

Antonio Brown led the offense, while Blake Martinez held down the defensive unit, but it just won’t be enough.  The Silverbacks send Zach Miller out for Monday night, but the Patriots still have Bradford, Kendricks, and Hunter to play.  

This one is out of reach, Manhattan Beach moves to 3-2, and the Silverbacks slide to 2-3.

262.58 1 Rem. vs. 265.36 1 Rem.

The game of the night in the Rising Rookies conference, the Cobras and Marauders make for a must watch Monday night finale.  

The Cobras are within perfect striking distance on Monday after a great game from Alex Smith on Sunday night.  The linebacker duo of Mark Barron and Ray-Ray Armstong earned co-defensive player of the week honors for North Carolina.

DeAndre Hopkins and Kicker Harrison Butker had huge games on Sunday night to keep the Marauders ahead for the moment.

North Carolina will send Linval Joseph out on Monday night in hopes of a few sacks of rookie Mitchell Trubisky.  Mohawk Ridge’s Tarik Cohen hopes to pad the lead and hold the Vipers off.

This will be one to watch until the end, no miracle here…. Check back tomorrow for the final result.

Miracle Meter- 1 out of 5

278.10 0 Rem. vs. 233.98 2 Rem.

The Pigskins traveled to Latvia in week 5 to take on the Unicorns, and defense ruled the day.  Philadelphia’s Telvin Smith(36.80) and Rashad Jones(30.80) both scored defensive TD’s, and Aaron Rodgers(23.94) late game heroics once again will prove to be the tipping point in this matchup.  I look for them to improve to 3-2.

The Unicorn offense was stalled from the start, with Cam Newton(27.30)the only  bright spot.  An ugly 5 int. outing from Big Ben and the entire offensive unit’s lack of production will surely result in the Unicorns falling to 1-4.

Latvia will surely need a miracle here with only Adam Thielen and Trae Waynes left to play Monday night, but as we have seen a multiple TD game from a WR, and a Defensive TD and things can change quickly.

Miracle Meter- 4 out of 5

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Nice article man!!! Love the nice, easy to read format!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:00 pm

I love me the Miracle Meter. You better patent that tool. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:02 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
I love me the Miracle Meter.  You better patent that tool. vote yes

Show me the way nostraSMAKadamus!

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:11 pm

Oh man, life is better today! I can feel the momentum..

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 pm

I love these articles, especially when I'm winning. Great article as always.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Nice article man!!! Love the nice, easy to read format!

Great job Bob! Appreciate the effort.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:00 pm

I read the Monday Night Miracle before I even think about reading the WSJ. Best read each and every Monday. Well done.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:20 pm

Woo. This is gonna be a rough evening. And a lot of it comes down to whether or not Sam Bradford's knee holds up... which means I'm screwed. The only silver lining is Shepard's about to earn his keep and fix my WR hole

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Nice work Bob...its going to be close between the Ravens and Faber..

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Literally a coin flip on the game tonight. shrug

I just hope it's not close. I either want to win by 10 or be beaten by 10. Don't feel like sweating out stat corrections.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:56 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Literally a coin flip on the game tonight.  shrug  

I just hope it's not close.  I either want to win by 10 or be beaten by 10.  Don't feel like sweating out stat corrections.

Agreed!

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Nice read as always. Must be the first week I have players still to play on Monday night. 45 points isn't out the question with CB scoring going off the deep end every single week.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:36 pm

Great stuff, Matt!

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Very consistently good, unlike my team!

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:59 pm

I don't like being a 5 star in this system. My team is shitting the bed. Gotta love fantasy.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Nice article Bob.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:10 pm

Nice work Bob! Just looking for points tonight.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Nice work Bob!  Just looking for points tonight.

You've got a few!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5   

Back to top Go down

MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: