Share | 

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:37 am

Week 5 of the 2017 Roster Wars Season
By: Mike Diggs

Welcome everyone to the 2-Minute Drill... I am your host, Mike Diggs. As the bye week blues continue to wreak havoc through the league, we have a couple matchups of 3-1 teams to highlight, as well as a couple huge matchups in the Race for Pink! Let's get right into the action here on Week 5 of the 2017 Season!

{4-0} England Dragons 323.54pts at {2-2} Tarpon Springs RedKnights 262.72pts (+3)
The Dragons enter this week as the only unbeaten team in 2017 and they are sitting very comfortably heading into Monday night to remain that way. The RedKnights tried to remain close, but they just didn't have the horses this week to keep them in the race. England was led with huge games from QB Deshaun Watson, DE Melvin Ingram, and S Reshad Jones. This one isn't officially over yet, as Tarpon Springs still has RB Jordan Howard, LB Leonard Floyd, and S Adrian Amos, but this one surely appears over.

{1-3} Nevada Nighthawks 259.54pts (+1) at {2-2} Whiskey Creek Gadabouts 242.38pts (+1)
The Nighthawks cling to a 17pt lead heading into Monday night with WR Adam Thielen waiting to go. As for the Gadabouts...They do have DT Linval Joseph waiting to play, but with a giant goose egg from WR Sammy Watkins, it's going to be insurmountable on Monday night in my opinion.

{3-1} Atlanta Africans 248.88pts at {3-1} Littleton SilverBallers 286.14pts (+3)
This battle of 3-1 teams was never really close... The SilverBallers balled and the Africans didn't. Due to the bye week blues, Atlanta ended up having to start QB Nick Foles, who wasn't even a starter on his NFL team this week. Couple that with 3 other goose eggs from TE Evan Engram, DT Malik Jackson, and CB Brandon Williams, and you end up with a sub-250pt week, which isn't going to get the job done on most weeks. Littleton improves to 4-1.

{2-2} Oaktown Malosos 208.86pts (+3) at {3-1} Indiana Mayhem 254.36pts (+4)
Big divisional game in this one and someone forgot to tell the Malosos what time the game started. Sure, they still have WR Stefon Diggs, WR Deonte Thompson, and LB Eric Kendricks waiting to play... But the retooled Mayhem have a 44pt lead to go along with RB Latavius Murray, WR Kendall Wright, TE Dion Sims, and CB Trae Waynes. Mayhem more than likely solidifies their divisional lead at 4-1.

{0-4} Dos Faces Degenitals 238.14pts (+3) at {0-4} Muskego Muskies 269.46pts
In what has been dubbed as the Pink Taco Bowl, we have the only two winless teams going one on one in this one... The Degenitals trail by 31pts and have RB Tarik Cohen, LB Anthony Barr, and S Andrew Sendejo waiting to play on Monday night. Will they break the record setting losing streak and reel in the fish or will the Muskego Muskies break the line and swim away with their first victory of 2017?

{1-3} Titletown Tyrants 281.52pts at {3-1} Minnesota Eternals 274.96pts (+1)
The Tyrants came into 2017 with high hopes and championship aspirations, but they've been met with underwhelming performances and just bad luck... And in week 5, it is hard to say "MUST WIN" but this one might just be that. They find themselves up by a mere 7pts and they have to sit and watch on Monday night while the Eternals send DE Danielle Hunter to the field. Hunter has scored 1.5pts, 6pts, 6pts, and 28pts so far this season so which pass rusher will show up on Monday night?

{1-3} Norfolk Bombers 309.56pts (+2) at {2-2} Bergen Brawlers 254.22pts (+1)
The Bombers were dropping bombs from guys like QB Carson Wentz, LB Mark Barron, and S Reshad Jones as they built up a 55pt lead over the Brawlers, and they still have DT Linval Joseph and LB Eric Kendricks waiting to play. As for Bergen, the Brawlers only have DE Danielle Hunter left after several poor performances on Sunday. Both teams will be 2-3 following this one.

{1-3} California Nightmare 225.58pts (+2) at {2-2} Maple Grove Mean Machine 243.16pts (+1)
The Mean Machine made the mistake of starting LB Lavonte David on Thursday night, who was declared out shortly before kickoff and you have to wonder if that decision will come back to haunt them in this one. They still have DE Everson Griffen to go along with their 18pt lead. As for the Nightmare, they look to further distance themselves from their pre-season prediction of Pink as they send RB Tarik Cohen and S Eddie Jackson to the field.

{3-1} North Wales Knights 286.62pts at {3-1} Hamilton Steel Cats 266.58pts (+1)
Another battle of 3-1 teams in this one and they both tasted the bitter goose egg feeling from one of their stars... WR Sammy Watkins for the Knights and TE Evan Engram for the Steel Cats. Hamilton finds themselves down 20pts with RB Jordan Howard waiting to play. Which goose egg will be the difference in this one? Which team will improve to 4-1? We will find out on Monday night!

{1-3} Rocky Mountain Oysters 282.52pts at {3-1} San Francisco Golddiggers 255.68pts (+2)
The Rocky Mountain Oysters put up a solid effort in this one to build up a 27pt lead. They got solid games from RB Melvin Gordon, WR DeAndre Hopkins, and LB Kiko Alonso. The 3-1 Golddiggers will be watching Monday night intently as they send WR Kendall Wright and LB Anthony Barr to the field to make up the difference.

{1-3} Kane County Goon Squad 209.56pts (+3) at {2-2} Charm City Justice 256.62pts (+1)
The Justice had a tough week in this one... RB Todd Gurley fumbled away a sure touchdown at the half-yard line. WR DeVante Parker and DE J.J. Watt both left their games early with injury. But despite all of that, they still have a 47pt lead heading into Monday night, with WR Adam Thielen waiting to play. As for the Goonies... They have their hopes in the hopeful return of QB Sam Bradford, DT Eddie Goldman, and DE Akiem Hicks.

{3-1} Philadelphia Pigskins 345.24pts (+1) at {2-2} Naperville Divine 266.80pts (+3)
The Pigskins are the only 3-1 team in Rosters Wars that actually played like a 3-1 team this week, posting the top score of Week 5. They got huge games from WR Antonio Brown, WR A.J. Green, and LB Vontaze Burfict. As for the Divine, good showing but not enough. They still have the debut of QB Mitchell Trubisky, RB Latavius Murray, and WR Stefon Diggs waiting to play, but the 79pt deficit looks to be too much to overcome.

And there you have it... Catch you guys next time here on the 2-Minute Drill!

-Mike Diggs

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:45 am

Another fantastic edition of the 2 Minute Drill. It seems like MNF will have a bearing on a lot of games this week. Nervous tension up and down Roster Wars. nailbiting

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:09 am

Well done Rob - great as usual.

I'm not watching tonight - just checking the scores in the morning.

baghead2

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:20 am

England Dragons wrote:
Well done Rob - great as usual.

I'm not watching tonight - just checking the scores in the morning.

baghead2

Exactly my feeling. I want Malosos to do well and grab some points to help our division grow stronger but I want the same for myself too. I usually ask owners to save me 1 point for the win in my other leagues but here with scoring changes effecting things so much I hope he saves me 5-6 pts.

For me Sims is like nobody playing.......so we both have 3 left and he has a better 3 if you ask me.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:36 am

Good game Ian!

I'm pissed I'm still leaving points on my bench!!! This is why I hate having a lot if players on my roster hairout

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:19 am

I need some garbage time points to pair off against Hopkins' garbage time points.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:26 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I need some garbage time points to pair off against Hopkins' garbage time points.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:28 am

You'll be playing a different tune when it happens.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:37 am

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 am

Quote :
{0-4} Dos Faces Degenitals 238.14pts (+3) at {0-4} Muskego Muskies 269.46pts
In what has been dubbed as the Pink Taco Bowl, we have the only two winless teams going one on one in this one... The Degenitals trail by 31pts and have RB Tarik Cohen, LB Anthony Barr, and S Andrew Sendejo waiting to play on Monday night. Will they break the record setting losing streak and reel in the fish or will the Muskego Muskies break the line and swim away with their first victory of 2017?

This game will be fun to watch tonight. I think that DFD can pull out the win but it will take a good amount of work.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:42 am

Great article man. Ugh. 7 points ahead. Hopefully dude lays another stinker. Anyway, losing OBJ kills a lot of my chances.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:44 am

I'll probably pivot to Xavier Rhodes over Hunter for tonight all things considered. You gotta take into account Thursday stat corrections though so really looking for 17 points tonight.

thinking

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 am

Yeah, you losing Watt and me losing OBJ really sucks for the rest of the season.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:27 am

Thanks Rob!!! ... thumbsup

Really hope J.Ho is up to the task to steal victory from the jaws of defeat.

Not sure how a team that loses 4 WR's in a game does not complete a pass to a TE. Fuckin' Eli ... sigh

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:37 am

Nice job, Diggsy!

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:03 pm

Hopefully if Bradford comes back he targets Thielen frequently. Good luck tonight Eric and thanks for the write up Rob.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
Hopefully if Bradford comes back he targets Thielen frequently. Good luck tonight Eric and thanks for the write up Rob.

good post

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

good post

Also Rudolph!  He really needs Bradford back as well

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Always enjoy reading this section and keeping and eye on the Major League.
Been a tough week for the Eternals with his crash but hard not to pull for Nick this week with his dedication of watching soccer in the rain all weekend.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:48 pm

North Carolina Cobras wrote:
Been a tough week for the Eternals with his crash but hard not to pull for Nick this week with his dedication of watching soccer in the rain all weekend.

What of my dedication to watch Nick's shitty team all weekend? You pull for Nick..pull so hard he falls to 1-4.

tough guy

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

What of my dedication to watch Nick's shitty team all weekend? You pull for Nick..pull so hard he falls to 1-4.

tough guy

Don't hate on the fans Andy.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:02 pm

vote yes

thanks - I'll need it

you too

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:04 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

tough guy

I'm not. I want him to pull for you REALLY HARD!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:14 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
[center]
{3-1} Philadelphia Pigskins 345.24pts (+1) at {2-2} Naperville Divine 266.80pts (+3)
The Pigskins are the only 3-1 team in Rosters Wars that actually played like a 3-1 team this week, posting the top score of Week 5.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
[center]
The Pigskins are the only 3-1 team in Rosters Wars that actually played like a 3-1 team this week, posting the top score of Week 5.

What the fuck is that dancing thing?????

surprised2

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Depends who you ask

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:47 pm

England Dragons wrote:
[center]

surprised2

Bacon, man. Bacon.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
[center]

surprised2

Bacon, man. Bacon.

With boxing gloves apparently

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
[center]

surprised2

Bacon, man. Bacon.

No, this is bacon.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Goll Darnit Jonny, now you have me starving!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Goll Darnit Jonny, now you have me starving!

laughing

Mmmmm, bacon sandwich.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:45 pm

My God. In college we had this bar in Madison called Wando's. Every Tuesday night it was $1 cans of Hamm's and all the free bacon you could eat. The bacon was in popcorn machines and you could go get as much as you wanted. Wasn't a chick within a mile of the place but man we had a good time.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Good write up. I caught Matt on a big week and he kicked my ass. Going to highest total in a loss tonight.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:53 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

tough guy

I'm not.  I want him to pull for you REALLY HARD!

How did this get burried? ROFL

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks Rob. Great job once again.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:52 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
You'll be playing a different tune when it happens.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:51 pm

Let's hope for no stat corrections. pray

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:00 am

I'm against that vote.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five   

Back to top Go down

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Five
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1