Share | 

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:35 pm

Week 4 of the 2017 Roster Wars Season
By:  Mike Diggs

Welcome everyone to the 2-Minute Drill... I am your host, Mike Diggs.  We enter Week 4 of the young Season and we say goodbye to the Divisional Play for a bit.  Some interesting matchups this week, highlighted by the defending champions, the 2-1 Gadabouts, taking on the undefeated England Dragons.  We also will keep a big eye on the 2-1 Mayhem against the undefeated Eternals!  Let's get right into the action here on Week 4 of the 2017 Season!

{0-3} Las Vegas Degenerates 252.14pts (+1) at {2-1} Littleton SilverBallers 276.98pts (+0)
Whelp... It might be now or never for old Pinkie... 24pts... LB Derrick Johnson waiting to play... Problem for LVD is that Johnson has only cracked 24pts once in the last two seasons.  Might still be interesting on Monday night, but probably not.

{0-3} Muskego Muskies 254.34pts (+1) at {2-1} Atlanta Africans 285.10pts (+1)
The Africans did enough to pull out the win in this one.  The Muskies only have WR Jamison Crowder going on Monday night while Atlanta has WR Terrelle Pryor and a stout 31pts lead.

{2-1} Whiskey Creek Gadabouts 282.70pts (+2) at {3-0} England Dragons 291.92pts (+2)
My game of the week is definitely living up to the billing... The defending Roster Wars Champion finds themselves down 9pts headed into Monday night with TE Jordan Reed and S Daniel Sorensen waiting to play.  Unfortunately, if they come up short, the Gadabouts will surely look at the goose eggs put up by DE William Gholston and LB Jarrad Davis.  As for the Dragons, they look to remain perfect in 2017 on the backs of QB Alex Smith and RB Kareem Hunt.

{1-2} Nevada Nighthawks 243.30pts (+0) at {1-2} Tarpon Springs RedKnights 275.74pts (+2)
The RedKnights showed they have some firepower and they used it this week.  They even have WR Tyreek Hill and LB Zach Brown waiting to play to pad their All-Play stats.  The Nighthawks just didn't have the horses for this one.  

{1-2} Oaktown Malosos 229.68pts (+4) at {1-2} Titletown Tyrants 268.38pts (+1)
The Titletown Tyrants have had some pretty rotten luck so far in 2017.  But they head into Monday night with a 39pt lead and LB Justin Houston waiting to play.  This game is far from over as the Malosos have QB Kirk Cousins, TE Travis Kelce, DT Bennie Logan, and CB Terrance Mitchell waiting to take the field.  This one might come down to the closing moments if Cousins puts together a good game and Kelce finds the endzone.

{2-1} Indiana Mayhem 370.58pts (+0) at {3-0} Minnesota Eternals 320.94pts (+0)
The Mayhem unleashed some mayhem on the Eternals this week and really showcased their new toys.  Monster games from QB Russell Wilson, RB Ezekiel Elliot, LB Myles Jack, LB C.J. Mosley, LB Ryan Shazier, and S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix helped Indiana to the top score of the week and the win.  Minnesota tastes defeat for the first time this year and will end up with one of the higher scores in a loss.

{3-0} San Francisco Golddiggers 269.90pts (+0) at {2-1} North Wales Knights 307.04pts (+0)
The Golddiggers ended their hopes of the perfect 2017 as well in this one.  The North Wales Knights put together a solid outing with big games from RB Alvin Kamara, LB C.J. Mosley, S Kevin Byard, and S Micah Hyde.

{1-2} Rocky Mountain Oysters 227.80pts (+1) at {2-1} Hamilton Steel Cats 255.26pts (+4)
It wasn't pretty, but the Steel Cats clawed their way to a victory in this one.  The Oysters still have DT Bennie Logan, but it doesn't matter... Hamilton has a 28pt lead and still has RB Kareem Hunt, TE Travis Kelce, PK Harrison Butker, and LB Justin Houston waiting to play.

{2-1} Maple Grove Mean Machine 145.90pts (+7) at {0-3} Norfolk Bombers 362.04pts (+0)
Why the hell does the Mean Machine have SEVEN players on the Washington Redskins and Kansas City Chiefs combined???  I mean damn... QB Kirk Cousins, QB Alex Smith, RB Rob Kelley, WR Tyreek Hill, TE Vernon Davis, LB Zach Brown, and S Daniel Sorensen.  Now, there are some good names in that list... But even if all SEVEN of those guys put up 30pt games EACH... They will still lose 362-355... Bombers on the board in 2017 at 1-3!

{0-3} California Nightmare 303.30pts (+2) at {2-1} Bergen Brawlers 311.68pts (+0)
What is this?  Could the Nightmare be coming to an end?  Brawlers cling to an 8pt lead but California has LB Preston Smith and CB Marcus Peters waiting to play.  If they don't get the job done, the Nightmare might as well overdose on sleeping pills.

{1-2} Kane County Goon Squad 247.76pts (+0) at {2-1} Philadelphia Pigskins 284.08pts (+1)
The Pigskins got just enough from guys like QB Tom Brady, QB Russell Wilson, and RB Le'Veon Bell to get the job done in this one.  The Goon Squad just didn't have the firepower to compete in this one.  They put up more effort than QB Jay Cutler did on his teams' wildcat play...

{1-2} Charm City Justice 273.34pts (+2) at {2-1} Naperville Divine 280.18pts (+1)
And finally, another dog fight in this one... The Charm City Justice will send LB Derrick Johnson and CB Terrance Mitchell to the field while the Divine will use RB Chris Thompson to protect their 7pt lead.  This one should come down to the wire and provide some nail biting for both of these teams.

And there you have it... Catch you guys next time here on the 2-Minute Drill!

-Mike Diggs

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:57 pm

An early Sunday night edition, eh?  This is usually my bedtime story, but it's still way too early for me to call it a night.  I could've saved it for later, but I couldn't stand it.  grin  Great job with a few interesting games to keep on eye on Monday.  vote yes

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:52 am

Thanks for the article. Wow some good wins this week. Carla beating the undefeated Eternals was huge, then Nighmares getting a win (possibly) was big for chase of pink crown. Then we had the dragons and gadabouts coming down to the wire! Pretty interesting week.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:09 am

Sometimes it's good to get a loss so the media stops hyping your shit and your players egos don't get too big. If our opponents need to buy new teams and produce top scores in order to beat us, we're liking our chances.

Good game Carla.

Now, time to take out our frustration on some Tyrants.

Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:55 am

Thanks Rob. Probably a late night for me rooting for KC's defense. Maybe Chris Thompson will get lost on the way to the stadium?

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:03 am

Good write up. Still pissed at Rotoworld who announced yesterday morning that Jarrad Davis was going to play. I removed Mathieu who went off. I hope I win.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:42 am

FML. Ugh.

Thanks for the article man!

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:25 am

Just disgusting this week.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:01 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
FML. Ugh.

Thanks for the article man!

agree

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:23 am

Great. Julio and AB were a weak spot for me this week! Oh well shit happens

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:44 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Good game Carla.

Evil laugh

I put Miles Jack in very last minute.  I have always favored the Jags and thought to myself .....it's the Jets Miles should do something.  And if he does I can watch.  Jags lost though, Crying or Very sad

I would love to beat the Tyrants, but who knows......anything can happen and usually does.

Good article.....nice to see the recap on Mondays

PS BERN......by default.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Good stuff, Rob, thanks.

Not looking forward to tonight's game at all - I hate close finishes.

pray

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:46 pm

If our opponents need to buy new teams and produce top scores in order to beat us, we're liking our chances.  

Good game Carla.

Evil laugh

I was curious if I could of still succeeded if I didnt make the trade this week.

If I couldnt start Wilson I woulda had to start Eli------- Eli outscored Wilson by 1.5 or 2 pts
If I couldnt start AJG I woulda started Williams ------ Williams outscored AJG by 5 pts
If you dont believe that I at worst start Kendall Wright----he underscored AJG by 2 pts
If I couldnt of started Mosley I woulda started Wolfe Sheard or Hyde. Wolfe/Sheard scored lower but not enough lower to lose. Hyde was comparable to Mosley's stats.

Not saying anything mean at all, but I think the stars were aligned for an Eternals loss and it wouldnt of mattered if it was my matchup.....he can reset now and clobber me later.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:15 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
 If our opponents need to buy new teams and produce top scores in order to beat us, we're liking our chances.  

Good game Carla.

Evil laugh

I was curious if I could of still succeeded if I didnt make the trade this week.  

If I couldnt start Wilson I woulda had to start Eli-------  Eli outscored Wilson by 1.5 or 2 pts
If I couldnt start AJG I woulda started Williams ------  Williams outscored AJG by 5 pts
If you dont believe that I at worst start Kendall Wright----he underscored AJG by 2 pts
If I couldnt of started Mosley I woulda started Wolfe Sheard or Hyde. Wolfe/Sheard scored lower but not enough lower to lose.  Hyde was comparable to Mosley's stats.

Not saying anything mean at all, but I think the stars were aligned for an Eternals loss and it wouldnt of mattered if it was my matchup.....he can reset now and clobber me later.

I was just running my mouth. I already knew it wasn't the difference maker. The stars aligned to fuck me since this season started so I'm psyched to be doing as well as I have been to be honest.

Good game!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:32 am

Can't believe I pulled this one out..... Good game Rob, that shit was close

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:03 am

Good game brother...

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:50 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Good game Carla.

Evil laugh

If I couldnt start Wilson I woulda had to start Eli-------  Eli outscored Wilson by 1.5 or 2 pts
If I couldnt start AJG I woulda started Williams ------  Williams outscored AJG by 5 pts
If I couldnt of started Mosley I woulda started Wolfe Sheard or Hyde. Wolfe/Sheard scored lower but not enough lower to lose.  Hyde was comparable to Mosley's stats.

I was just running my mouth. I already knew it wasn't the difference maker.  The stars aligned to fuck me since this season started so I'm psyched to be doing as well as I have been to be honest.

Good game!

No worries I was just curious myself, honestly. Val helped me set my lineup.

(JUST KIDDING, geesh)

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Val helped me set my lineup.  

lol3 I wish she would have.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Four   Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Nice job, Rob!

Back to top Go down