Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Welcome to the Saturday or should I say late, edition of the match up of the week. Good to be back in North America. Warm showers are a beautiful thing. Enough about me. Lets get to it. This weeks match up features two 2-1 teams, so the expectation is for some competition and fireworks in this early season match up. Lets take a look position by position.

QB
At this time of year, you start to get an idea of both the upside and median for players. Philip Rivers isnt going to light it up points wise. The offense just isnt built to put up major points and red zone passes are not in abundance. The Browns signal caller isnt consistent enough yet to give quality points. Derek carr on the other hand has shown the ability to carry a fantasy squad. Kirk played well against the Raiders which is good to see. He had new offensive tools to mesh with and he just may have turned a corner

Advantage Arsenic

RB

Its funny you would think the loss of David Johnson would doom Tenafly but he is getting just enough from Ellington, and his receiving corp has carried thevoffense. There is a reason Arsenic only starts two WR. His running game is good/great. Gordon,mcaffrey, and Mcaffrey are a damn good bunch. Add in CJ anderson of 2 weeks ago and you are really good. Now if Charles cuts into his productivity like last week then maybe ellington and anderson push points wise.

Advantage arsenic

WR

I have been trying to steal er trade for one of Vipers receivers since week 1. He has a good group and his group is deep. Even double dipping into the Denver receiving group works this week. Allen hurns seems like he is getting more and more targets with A Rob out for the season. Dez.....man he looks so good on TV. He is thought of an elite reciver and has great games........and then at years end he doesnt seem to have elite points. Odd. Arsenic matches up with Cooks and nelson who are both damn good. Nelson is so productive it makes me cry every time i realize this is one of the few leagues i dont own him.

Advantage: vipers not by as much as you think though.

TE

I like none of these tight ends. .....what does my opinion matter though. Look like Clay will give you 4 catches and 40 or so yards a game and productivity wise is TD dependent. You dont get a td you dont get much. The rookie qbs best friend is the tight end. Cameron brate is the road blovk to OJ Howard becoming the it thing at TE. Right now you can xpect clay light with lower chance of a td. Jimmy graham doesnt fit but may do well with Baldwin not expected to play.

Advantage Arsenic

DT
I love Gerald McCoy even before he was the real star of Hard Knocks. He is a high motor penetrator. Danny shelton is not in his class. Maybe one day, but not today. When we usually start one DT, having a really good one is a distinct advantage

Advantage arsenic

DE
This is a spot where vipers invested wisely in the auction. Even Flowers who is his DE3 has been one of the best defenders for the Pats. Graham and olivie areclear DE1 types. But wait....this is where Asenic invested even more wisely with less dollars. Chris jones has big games in him like thevweek 2 outing. The kc defense as a whole is nasty. Griffen like i said in the week 1 match up is pretty darn good. He has a pretty high floor.

Advantage arsenic

LB

Anyone who posts that my defense is "average" better have a betterLB group than this. Both teams are average here. Shazier is the marquee name as far as players on both teams but the IR watch is on.....what game will he go out in? One of my friends from BC always said that frequent injuries like he has are a sign of steroid use.....hmmmmm. the Watt family seems to produce elite defenders. It is early but he may turn out to be as impactful as his older brother...hecis a rookie thougj. We'll see

Advantage push

CB

I simply dont care. If ther is one position in IDP i would remove its this one.

Safety
This position is where arsenic has some defnesive goodness. His safety group is better than both Tenafly and Mohawks. These are both above 500 teams. I think this position csn win you leagues and is very undervalued. Safeties get points and sometimes give you big plays but owners go forthe flashier LBs. Arsenics group isnt average.

Advantage Alaska

The computer has this one close but i think arsenic may roll over vipers. Both teams look to be playoff bound so it may be a early round rematch in the cond season for these two. They both still need to work roster wise to keep it rolling though. It will be interesting to see which team looks differetn/better as the season progresses.

Last edited by Carolina Werewolves on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Great work Jason. Glad you're back.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Nice work Jason! Glad you are back as well.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com Online
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Jason so salty. Good luck, Ghoji.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:16 am

My money is on Arsenic but Vipers have a good squad too.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:17 am

Welcome back man, nice read.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:48 am

Good write up. Glad to have you and your article back

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:24 pm

Boy this one is going to come down to the wire.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Great work, especially with all that you have had to deal with.

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:18 am

Good shit - "Gordon,mcaffrey, and Mcaffrey" would be a great name for a lawfirm

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:07 pm

Jason survived! Glad to see you are back in saddle.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:41 pm

Man this the first time my analysis was off the mark. Unless we see a major change on monday Tenafly will win handily.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
Man this the first time my analysis was off the mark. Unless we see a major change on monday Tenafly will win handily.

It's not over yet.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:46 pm

Keep the dream alive. Ghoji, i want you to win so i keep looking good with matchup of the week. Want to go 3-0

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Im trying. Need a repeat of Cousins. If i lose it is my own fault for benching Vigil with Burfict back. Had I kept Vigil in, it would be a different story tonight.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:48 pm

We both made mistakes. I had Bradberry in for Vernon until Sunday morning. Also played Josh Jones over any of my other safeties and sat Kupp when I should have sat Hurns.

Back to top Go down
Faber College Mongols

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:55 am

Nicely done Jay! Good to see you're back safe and sound. Nothing like being stuck in a situation like that to make you realize how irrelevant things like starting line ups are!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week   

Back to top Go down

Arsenic vs Vipers: Hellacious match up of the week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: