:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:37 am

A weekly run-down of the events leading up to Monday Night Football.  Remaining players and points needed for victory will also be highlighted.  Every week each underdog heading into the Monday Night game will receive a rating on a scale of 1 thru 5 on the "MIRACLE METER"  Trust me, you don't want a 5 star rating in this article!

245.8 2 Rem. vs. 231.44 2 Rem.

Both teams got off to great starts on Thursday Night, with the Slashers getting huge performances from Todd Gurley and Carlos Hyde, and the Ravens Michael Brockers leading the way.  Sunday, however, was a different story for both of these teams.  The Slashers defense barley showed up, while the Ravens offense looked like they just got their playbooks.

With 2 players left each the Slashers( J.J. Nelson, Demarcus Lawrence) and Ravens (Jason Witten,Jeff Heath)  game will be a nail bitter, no miracle needed here, as I anticipate a hard fought game till the end.  With first place in Chapter 7 and a 3-0 record on the line, both teams will be fighting until the final whistle.
Miracle Meter- 1 out of 5

319.92  1 Rem. vs. 365.50 0 Rem.
Sometimes you just run into a brick wall.  That’s what happened here for the Galacticos.  Despite a strong showing of almost 320 points heading into Monday Night, the Galacticos ran into the Demons, who seem to be the front runner for highest – point total in Week 3.   The Demons offense was led by Russell Wilson(36.52) and Jordan Howard (31.40)  and CB TreDavious “youdontwannaknowmymiddlename” White(34.40)  leading the way on defense.  

Even with strong consistency on both sides of the ball, along with solid QB performances from Rodgers and Kizer the Galacticos just won’t be able to claw their way to victory in this one.  

With only Jaylon Smith left to play, the Galacticos are in need of some serious points, they surely will need a miracle if they plan to pull this one out.

Miracle Meter- 5 out of 5

240.14 1 Rem. vs. 276.92  1 Rem.
The Polk High Panthers were lucky to survive the Al Bundy-esque performance of Joe Flacco(-2.58) as their offense picked up the slack with strong showings from Cousins, Cook, Garcon, and Ertz.  The Kings just couldn’t get things rolling on both sides of the ball, with the exception of Tom Brady, Cameron Jordan, and a strong leg from K Kaimi Fairbairn.  Kickers mentioned in your top 3 scorers probably aren’t a good thing.  

Both squads have 1 player to go: Polk High will be rolling out CB Justin Bethel, while the Kings will have a chance at a miracle in the form of Dez Bryant.  This one is pretty much in the bag, so Al Bundy can sit comfortably on the couch and watch boobie movies instead of Monday Night Football, knowing the Panthers have this one all wrapped up.  The Kings are in need of something more than a miracle here.
Miracle Meter- 5  out of 5

277.98 2 Rem. vs. 349.72 1  Rem,

Even with a few studs (Zeke Elliot, Tyrann Mathieu) on both sides of the ball, the Duffers find themselves in a big hole heading into Monday Night’s game.  A strong performance from Blake Bortles was negated by the play of Derek Carr and horrible RB play.  

In a solid showing, the Afterglow WR Corps showed they may be able to make up for the loss of David Johnson, and finally put it all together. Along with Jadeveon Clowney, (36.20) who took defensive MVP of the week honors for Andromeda, the Afterglow can relax Monday Night and start game planning for next week.    The Duffers will need Dan Bailey’s leg to fall off and hope he throws a few pick 6’s on fake FG’s.  The Duffers are a lock for 0-3.
Miracle Meter- 5 out of 5

271.88 1 Rem.vs. 271.26 3 Rem.
This one won’t stay close for long, the Viktors will trot out their only startable QB in Carson Palmer, but he will not be enough.  The Spartans have the trio of Larry Fitzgerald, Sean Lee, and Tyvon Branch, who will surely outscore the veteran QB.

A great game by Spartans RB Chris Thompson was a highlight, but surely they got a chance to take a deep breath after seeing A. J. Green return to form.  Solid play across the board.  Well on their way to 2-1, the Spartans head to Haddonfield next week, which is never an easy task.

Some questionable coaching decisions on the defensive side of the ball by the Viktors , may have turned the tables, but you can’t change that now.  They will need Carson Palmer to throw 6 TDS, and none can be to the Spartans Fitzgerald.  Stanger things have happened but a “Viktory” is not on the horizon this week.
Miracle Meter- 4  out of 5

251.36 0 Rem. vs. 246.14 0 Rem.
Well this is NO FUN!  The Mayhem have this one locked up, with neither team having any remaining players.  Carla snags her first victory of the year in the Minors, and Faber College finally ran out of luck beating some of the lowest scoring teams in the PP starting 2-0(Only 465 PA first 2 weeks)

The Mayhem grind out a hard fought victory, but seem like they will be playing the “WHICH ONE?” starting QB game all season long.

The Mongols have no one to blame but themselves for this loss, as they tried to get a little too fancy with the James White over Demarco Murray play, add another Patriots RB and realize Tom Brady only throws TD’s  and they should realize “Over Coaching” is a killer.
Miracle Meter- 0 out of 5

318.94 0 Rem. vs. 248.66 2 Rem.

Strong Defense was the key here for the Pigskins, along with the usual solid showing from Aaron Rodgers, and a surprise from Vernon Davis this week.  The Pigskins can rest their bacon easy Monday night, as the Dopplegangers are still looking into the mirror wondering who that other guy is.

The Dopplegangers will have to have a talk with their RB and WR Corp… Hell, they need to talk to them all…. Kareem Hunt continues to shine, but no one thought he was going to do this, this year

The Dopplegangers will need Dak Prescott to turn into Tom Brady for a night, and Antoine Bethea to go ape shit on the defensive end if they plan on making this comeback.  Outlook is gloomy!

Miracle Meter- 4 out of 5

323.80 0 Rem. vs. 326.12 1 Rem.
Kim Jong-un approves:  The Nukes sail to a smooth 3-0 record, with the victory sealed heading into Monday night, while the Rottweiler’s will burying their bone in someone else backyard.

The Nukes offensive “Power” was on display this week, but can one really take Blake Bortles and Chris Thompsons performances  as  what’s to come, or just a few big games  they might have throughout the season?   Their missile”Defense” was not so stellar, a few big games from random players but overall the consistency just wasn’t there…. But a 3-0 start is just as sweet, no matter how you get there.

The Rottweiler’s were glad to finally see OBJ show up, but depending on Case Keenum for repeat performances just isn’t a smart game plan.  With Andrew Luck likely out at the least a few more weeks, the Rottweiler’s will hope Keenum continues to keep the ship afloat.

No Miracle needed here, this one is in the books!

Miracle Meter- 0 out of 5

243.18 3 Rem. vs. 268.96 3 Rem.
The Vipers look to hold on Monday Night with their WR corps leading the way, along with a strong showing from DeShone Kizer.  Their depth at the RB position will surely cause problems for them this year, but not this week.  (Only starting 1 RB… Andre Ellington)

The Werewolves can always depend on Tom Brady(33.72), but Marshawn Lynch(3.60), and WR’s Kelvin Benjamin, Michael Crabtree, and Alshon Jeffery (Combined 14.1) couldn’t pick up the slack.

The Werewolves head into Monday Night trailing by 25+ points, and will need some huge performances from  Jason Witten, Jaylon Smith, and Tyrann Mathieu, and a few duds from the Vipers Andre Ellington, Dez Bryant, and J.J. Nelson,  if they have any chances of clawing their way to victory.   We don’t think it will happen, as the Vipers improve to 2-1 and the Werewolves drop to 1-2.
Miracle Meter- 3 out of 5

243.40  5 Rem. vs. 270.28  1 Rem.
Mohawk Ridge got great QB play, and strong outings from Todd Gurley(36.90)  and Gronk(29.90) but will it be enough to fend off the Silverbacks.   The Silverbacks got big numbers from Drew Brees(22.50)  and a few defensive stars this week. Michael Brockers(28) , Jordan Cameron(23), Robert Alford(20) led the way on the defensive side of the ball.  With 5 players left tonight they look to improve to 2-1.

To say the Marauders will need a miracle here is almost an understatement.  With only Tyvon Branch left to play, they will need something more along the lines of a natural disaster to hold off the Silverbacks group of Carson Palmer, Zeke Elliot, Larry Fitzgerlad, Demarcus Lawrence and Sean Lee.  Even with the lead headed into Monday night, the Marauders are the ones in need of a miracle.
Miracle Meter- 4 out of 5

274.84 1 Rem. vs. 265.18 1 Rem.

Russell Wilson(36.52), Dalvin Cook(27.90), and TY Hilton(28.30) led the way for the Patriots on Sunday.  Justin Houston(23) was defensive player of the week for Manhattan Beach.  The Cobras are still waiting for that break out game from LeVeon Bell (21.80), and Jay Ajayi(4.50) was a disappointment,  CB Jalen Mills(29) was the bright spot on a defensive unit that had a lackluster week.  

This will be a game to keep an eye on, with the Patriots sending out Dan Bailey, and the Cobras starting Cole Beasley Monday Night.  The Cobras are down, but a few receptions and a TD from Cole Beasley, limited Bailey FG attempts, and they just might be able make a comeback.  This one isn’t over until it’s over.

Miracle Meter- 2 out of 5

283.5  0 Rem. vs. 309.24  1 Rem.
No Monday Night Miracle needed here folks; this one is signed, sealed, and delivered.

Kirk Cousins(28.80), Brandon Cooks(32.10), and Jadeveon Clowney(36.20) were stars for the Arsenic on Sunday.  Along with solid performances across the board, Alaska heads into week 4 with a record of  2-1.

Great games from DeVante Parker (21.60) and Pierre Garcon (21.20) were not enough for the Unicorns, as they fall to 1-2.  Next up a matchup with the Mohawk  Ridge Marauders.

Miracle Meter- 0  out of 5

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:42 am

Great write up! I already accept my loss though. I got NO chance. Silverbacks beat up on me good. I still can't believe how poorly Kelce performed. I got robbed of a Stafford TD and a Tarik Cohen long TD too. I swapped out Eli Apple for Mo Wilks which cost me 7. Thankfully the Silverbacks should easily crush me by more than that so I won't be feeling regret on that one.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:48 am

I like an article like this, it gives me a rundown of the whole league and how it shakes out on Monday.  It's fun to read what else is going on around Roster Wars.   Love the Miracle Meter as that pretty much sums it up.  vote yes

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:49 am

Nice article, love the easy to read format. Sharp!

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:30 am

Great write up. Well done!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:34 am

Awesome. Love that we have one of these for the minor league now too!

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 am

This is great! Although tons of jinx potential here. The Vipers stay humble before the Fantasy Gods and do not yet accept victory.

Last edited by Tenafly Vipers on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:55 am

Great job! Nice recap of all the matchups.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Miracle Meter is excellent.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:41 pm

Really enjoyed it. Great job!

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:15 pm

Great work Bob, enjoyed the article.

I need the Nukes to lose 3 points. Maybe Chandler Jones can throw an interception or something. Miracle meter 6 out of 5.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:40 pm

Remember the Mongols said he would beat me.......all draft long????!!!!    

Not this time, I dont care if he made the mistake of DMurray vs. White.  I dont care if this is my only win.....(well that is not true) I am just glad I snagged one vs him!

I like the article, you say just enough and dont clutter things.

Last edited by Indiana Mayhem on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:36 pm

Very well put together and a great idea! Well done!

I'm honestly kinda bummed for Edinburgh. I mean, not bad enough to not go for the win obviously, but still. One of the top scorers of the week and it was just bad timing.

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Oh man this is a phenomenal idea for a write up, and well executed

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Great write up and analysis....congrats on the win Slashers, wasn't even close with Lawerence having a good night...and you're leading the division as I expected in picking you to take it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:10 am

Appreciate all the kind words on the article, a few tweaks and sizing adjustments and hopefully it will look a little better next week.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:31 am

If I'm going to lose I like to lose big so I don't have to worry myself about poor lineup decisions. Thanks for that at least Silverbacks <3

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:31 am

Thanks for the write up Bob. Look forward to being able to get a quick recap of the minor league like this every week.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:18 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
If I'm going to lose I like to lose big so I don't have to worry myself about poor lineup decisions.  Thanks for that at least Silverbacks <3

Anytime lol3

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:39 am

Anybody make it?

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:29 am

No Miracles this week!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:04 pm

I definitely didn't have a miracle! Although Dak did good!

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Nicely done..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3   

Back to top Go down

MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE - WEEK 3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum