Share | 

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:24 am

Week 3 of the 2017 Roster Wars Season
By:  Mike Diggs

Welcome everyone to the 2-Minute Drill... I am your host, Mike Diggs.  After a much needed vacation last weekend, we are back and ready to look back at the Sunday that was, and look forward to the Monday Night to come.  Let's get right into the action here on Week 3 of the 2017 Season!

{1-1} Titletown Tyrants 315.68pts (+0) at {2-0} England Dragons 321.24pts (+2)
The Dragons continue their winning ways in this one on the strength of huge performances from rookie of the year, RB Kareem Hunt, about freaking time WR Brandin Cooks, and DE Melvin Ingram.  Tough loss for the Tyrants, as they will end the week with one of the highest scores this week and one of the highest scores in a loss this week.

{2-0} Littleton SilverBallers 295.54pts (+0) at {1-1} Whiskey Creek Gadabouts 319.06pts (+2)
The reigning, defending Roster Wars Champion, the Whiskey Creek Gadabouts, pick up their second straight win after starting the season on a loss.  The Gadabout defense is pretty scary this year, highlighted by huge games from CB Darius Slay and S Glover Quin.  

{1-1} Atlanta Africans 232.02pts (+2) at {1-1} Nevada Nighthawks 201.44pts (+0)
The Nevada Nighthawks might want to rename their team the New Nightmare because it's been a nightmarish season thus far.  Who would have thought QB Derek Carr and QB Joe Flacco would have combined for 2.54pts?  The Africans didn't do much better this week, but they did enough to pick up the win.

{0-2} Dos Faces Degenitals 241.48pts (+2) at {0-2} Oaktown Malosos 279.52pts (+1)
Hello... Can you hear me?  What is this?  The Degenitals have a shot at their first victory since Week 9 of the 2015 season!  The Oaktown Malosos still have DE Demarcus Lawrence to help protect their lead, but the Degenitals have TE Jason Witten and LB Karlos Dansby.  Should be an interesting Monday night to say the least...

{0-2} Muskego Muskies 264.72pts (+2) at {1-1} Indiana Mayhem 267.92pts (+2)
Finally, we got ourselves a game... The Muskies trail by 3.2pts and will use QB Dak Prescott and WR Cole Beasley on Monday night to try and outduel the Mayhem.  As for Indiana, they have an equally impressive duo of QB Carson Palmer and RB Ezekiel Elliot waiting to take the field.  I'm guess Zeke is going to be running a little angry after last week but I think this one is going to come down to whether or not Dak tosses a TD to Beasley or not.

{2-0} Minnesota Eternals 343.94pts (+3) at {1-1} Tarpon Springs RedKnights 287.18pts (+1)
The Eternals are on fire here in 2017, and this week is no different.  They flexed their muscles this week and aren't even done yet.  They still have WR Larry Fitzgerald, LB Jaylon Smith, and CB Justin Bethel waiting to play.  As for the RedKnights... Seems like a long time ago when they won in Week 1 and everything seems to be pointing up this year.  They did post a solid score this week, but just no match for Minnesota in this one.

{1-1} Philadelphia Pigskins 291.00pts (+2) at {0-2} Norfolk Bombers 256.08pts (+2)
The Bombers continue to their drop to the cellar of the league.  They still have WR Dez Bryant and DE Demarcus Lawrence waiting to go but the Pigskins not only have LB Karlos Dansby and S Jeff Heath, they also have a 35pt lead heading into Monday night.  This one is over.

{1-1} Hamilton Steel Cats 365.20pts (+0) at {2-0} Maple Grove Mean Machine 258.50pts (+2)
The Steel Cats were the cream of the crop in the Terrible Twelve during the off-season and they showed it this week.  RB Jordan Howard and RB Kareem Hunt are going to take this team as far as they are going to go it appears.  As for the Mean Machine, they just ran into a buzz saw this week.  Game over.

{1-1} North Wales Knights 280.58pts (+0) at {0-2} California Nightmare 182.78pts (+2)
Speaking of a nightmare... Yikes.  The early front runner in the Race for Pink 2k17 is none other than the California Nightmare and they looked the part this week.  The Knights emerged from this nightmare with the win and a pretty respectable score, despite a couple goose eggs in their lineup.

{2-0} San Francisco Golddiggers 334.62pts (+1) at {1-12} Charm City Justice 295.08pts (+2)
The Golddiggers came out swinging this week on the strength of big games from WR Odell Beckham, TE Rob Gronkowski, and DE Melvin Ingram.  They have build up a 39pt lead and still have LB Sean Lee waiting to play.  As for Charm City, there is no justice this week.  They will end up with one of the highest scores of the week in a loss, despite having PK Dan Bailey and LB Chandler Jones waiting to play.  While it's not impossible, it's not likely.  Frisco remains golden this season.

{0-2} Rocky Mountain Oysters 268.74pts (+0) at {1-1} Kane County Goon Squad 218.52pts (+1)
The Rocky Mountain Oysters pick up their first win in Roster Wars!  Woot-Woot!  They even overcame getting -2.58pts from QB Joe Flacco.  As for the Goonies, they still have QB Dak Prescott waiting to play, but getting goose eggs from TE Hunter Henry and DT Sheldon Rankins will probably be the main reason for this loss.

{2-0} Naperville Divine 246.10pts (+1) at {1-1} Bergen Brawlers 209.02pts (+4)
And in the final matchup of the week, the Brawlers will try and brawl back into this one on Monday night.  They trail by 37pts and have RB Ezekiel Elliot, WR Larry Fitzgerald, TE Jason Witten, and S Tyvon Branch waiting to play.  The Divine will look to remain unbeaten as they have S Tyrann Mathieu left to protect their lead.  Might come down to the actual 2-Minute Warning on Monday night.

And there you have it... Catch you guys next time here on the 2-Minute Drill!

-Mike Diggs

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:18 am

Nice article Mike Diggs! Good luck to your friend Rob on Monday night.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:19 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
The Rocky Mountain Oysters pick up their first win in Roster Wars!  Woot-Woot!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:30 am

Good write and good win Brad! You jackass!!!

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:26 am

Muskies vs Mayhem photo finish...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:29 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Good write and good win Brad!  You jackass!!!

lol

I feel really bad about it. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:45 am

picking which RB's to play will not be easy this year

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:53 am

It's going to be a fun (aka really stressful) night tonight watching the game. I should be able to pull out the win but there's a lot of guys still going so who knows.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am

Great write up Rob. No offense to Tom, but I will be pulling for you tonight.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 am

Man losing with 315 again. Ugh. Good game JonnyEnglish!

Thanks for the article man! Timely as always!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:16 am

Mike Diggs wrote:
Hello... Can you hear me?  What is this?  The Degenitals have a shot at their first victory since Week 9 of the 2015 season!  

No!...I can't hear you (probably due to my eardrums popping after that "Adele" fiasco). dizzy    
NO!...the Dengenitals do not have a shot... nailbiting

Now, go take some singing, and writing lessons!  lol3

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:44 pm

One word for this week ..."MeeeeeeeeOW"

Thanks for the update article Rob .... thumbsup

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:28 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Man losing with 315 again. Ugh. Good game JonnyEnglish!

Thanks for the article man! Timely as always!

Thanks Nick - great game. You didn't deserve to lose putting up that score.

Great write up Adele!

laughing

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:56 pm

I went to bed last night right after watching the "attempted" performance of "Hello".  I guess I should've stayed up a bit longer and read this article.  That way, this would've been the last thing on my mind when I closed my eyes.  May have soothed my ringing ears.   shrug  After all, this is my favorite Sunday night bed time story.  No more lullabies for me.  grin

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:31 pm

So pissed out at the industry experts who convinced me to not play the Vikings players because Bradford was out. I take out Diggs at last minute and he goes off. I deserve to lose for being stupid. I will sit and watch the game as my lead evaporates and Russ takes me down.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:10 pm

So many points on the bench this week.  Was definitely a weird week with Dave running out 7 players before I had any.  Hopefully Lawrence stops putting up the stupid numbers he's been producing on Dave's bench now that he's in the starting lineup, so I don't have to stress tonight!

Go Brawlers!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
So pissed out at the industry experts who convinced me to not play the Vikings players because Bradford was out.  I take out Diggs at last minute and he goes off.  I deserve to lose for being stupid.  I will sit and watch the game as my lead evaporates and Russ takes me down.

Misery Loves Company.  Check out my lineup.  I benched Thielen in favor of a 2nd TE and wussed out in benching Flacco for Brissett.  Brissett was playing at home and Flacco was going overseas.  I talked myself into sticking with the veteran instead of the unknown QB. 

Therefore in Week #4, I am using my gut along with the Ronco Method:  "Set It & Forget it!"   vote yes

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:
So pissed out at the industry experts who convinced me to not play the Vikings players because Bradford was out.  I take out Diggs at last minute and he goes off.  I deserve to lose for being stupid.  I will sit and watch the game as my lead evaporates and Russ takes me down.

Misery Loves Company.  Check out my lineup.  I benched Thielen in favor of a 2nd TE and wussed out in benching Flacco for Brissett.  Brissett was playing at home and Flacco was going overseas.  I talked myself into sticking with the veteran instead of the unknown QB. 

Therefore in Week #4, I am using my gut along with the Ronco Method:  "Set It & Forget it!"   vote yes

The industry is often wrong....and we know better. Problem is sometimes it makes sense and you feel like you see the light too and your adjustments leave you crying. It happens to most of us at one point......good luck next week.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

What the hell man!!!????   I thought SMAK was higher up the food chain than this Ronco Method.  

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:42 pm

Even though the dealer will most likely bust when he's showing a 6, there's a 43% chance that it doesn't happen.  You can only put out the guys that you have the most faith in and hope that it works out.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:03 pm

#winugly

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:36 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

We have all been there Bern. Happens to the best of them (and the not best of them like me).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three   

Back to top Go down

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week Three
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: