x

Share | 

Waived/IR - Help Please!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi Guys. Some help please...

Bucky Hodges was put onto IR and I placed him on my IR. Then he was Waived/IR as they reached an injury settlement. But he doesn't have another team yet.

MFL is now saying I have a roster violation and categorise him as OUT not on IR. Is this an error on their part or will I have to return him to my roster or take the WB hit if I drop him?

Seems a bit grey area as he was put on IR, but only taken off it because they reached a settlement.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:12 pm

And I have read the by-laws on this, so I guess we will have to go along with MFL - just seems a bit unfair considering he is still injured.
He was on IR and system only recognises otherwise because he reached an injury settlement. Nobody will pick him up whilst he is injured, so he should be on IR.

Probably more of a MFL issue than Roster Wars - but just thought I would share and see if this has come up before...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:13 pm

He is a FA in MFL, so you can drop him at no charge if you'd like.

I have him, and I had to activate him as well.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:27 pm

ah good point thanks. I will sleep on that tonight. I really liked this kid at draft time - can't believe they waived him.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
ah good point thanks. I will sleep on that tonight. I really liked this kid at draft time - can't believe they waived him.

Yeah, same, but he is a project.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:20 pm

BTW, you can thank me about the FA designation.  I had an issue putting in a lineup as well and e-mailed MFL.  For those that haven't tried it yet, MFL has always been responsive when you note an issue with the team/designation/etc and usually corrects it within 24 hours.  Don't hesitate to submit a support ticket to them.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:21 pm

Just looked at rosters. Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like you are only at 117 years, even with Bucky's 3 years being held.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
BTW, you can thank me about the FA designation.  I had an issue putting in a lineup as well and e-mailed MFL.  For those that haven't tried it yet, MFL has always been responsive when you note an issue with the team/designation/etc and usually corrects it within 24 hours.  Don't hesitate to submit a support ticket to them.

Yep, they're great, I got them to add Kenneth Dixon to IR.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:29 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Just looked at rosters.  Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like you are only at 117 years, even with Bucky's 3 years being held.

Yeah it wasn't preventing me doing anything, I was thinking more as the season moves on. If he was on IR it would have given me a bit more flexibility.
Anyway thanks guys - all sorted now.

Pain in the ass really that a guy who is injured loses IR des, just because he settled.

I think MFL should leave the IR designation (if waived/injured) until such time as another team picks him up.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:31 pm

So basically MFL hates Roster Wars -- we are the ones keeping them on their toes with their designations.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Just looked at rosters.  Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like you are only at 117 years, even with Bucky's 3 years being held.

Yeah it wasn't preventing me doing anything, I was thinking more as the season moves on. If he was on IR it would have given me a bit more flexibility.
Anyway thanks guys - all sorted now.

Pain in the ass really that a guy who is injured loses IR des, just because he settled.

I think MFL should leave the IR designation (if waived/injured) until such time as another team picks him up.

But isn't it because MFL follows the NFL designations? When he is not on a roster, he is not on anyone's Injured Reserve.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:09 pm

Just to echo others, MFL designation is all that matters here. If he's not (I) on MFL, you either have to activate him or cut him. If he's FA, it's a free drop.

Russ makes a very good point about MFL's service - they are very good at doing stuff like that when requested to so if ever in a bind, hit them up.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:34 pm

smile and wave

vote yes

pay attention

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:57 pm

Pretty sure that a player who gets an injury settlement can actually play for another team this season without using up one of the return from IR spots. Thus implying that he is actually not on IR after the settlement.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waived/IR - Help Please!!   

Back to top Go down

Waived/IR - Help Please!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: