Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:30 pm

Franchise
Offensive Points This Week
Offensive Points Last Week
Average Offensive Points
Previous Offensive Ranking
Bottom Line

N/A
N/A
Coby Fleener dropped 19 points this week.  Yeah, don’t count on that continuing. 

N/A
N/A
In a week full of crazy results and scores, the Divine’s team played as expected.  Gillislee probably had his best game of the season but that’s par for the course for the Patriots.

N/A
N/A
Kareem’s other-worldly performance hid a lot of disappointing weeks for the Cats.  But guys like Dalton and Julio will rebound.

N/A
N/A
Week 1 was crazy.  Need proof?  The Nightmare had the 4th highest scoring offense in the TT.

N/A
N/A
Brady, Bell, Freeman, Green, DT, and Reed combined for only 65.68 points.  Don’t expect that to continue.  The Pigskins should be closer to the top soon.

N/A
N/A
The pieces are starting to come together.  In about 2 years you’ll be asking how Eric put this offense together.

N/A
N/A
I’d like to say that losing Kevin White hurts but it probably helps the Bombers.  Keep an eye on Dez – we may be getting to a point where he’s no longer startable.

N/A
N/A
No Luck and Landry really hurt. 

N/A
N/A
The MM invested a lot in older offensive guys during the dispersal draft.  They should have invested in a draft guide instead.

N/A
N/A
If only the Diggers had this roster 3 years ago.  Age is catching up with the team quickly and it’s only going to get worse.

N/A
N/A
Ha Ha!  Sometimes you’re ready for the Majors, sometimes you’re not.  Ed isn’t ready.

N/A
N/A
Ok, raise your hand if you’re surprised by this.  The Knights, on paper, have one of the best offenses in the TT.  But games aren’t played on paper.  Hopefully getting Ajayi and Evans back will help.

Franchise
Defensive Points This Week
Defensive Points Last Week
Average
Defensive Points
Previous Defensive Ranking
Bottom Line

N/A
N/A
The Knights defense doubled up their offense last week.  I don’t expect them to remain in the first spot but this defense will surprise as the year continues.

N/A
N/A
Plenty of stars on defense and they showed up for week 1. 

N/A
N/A
The trades for Brown and Foster, which were universally panned, paid off big dividends this week.

N/A
N/A
Subpar performances by Hunter, Shazier, and McLeod were balanced out by huge games from Goodson, Humber, and Branch.  Which team will we see next week?

N/A
N/A
Holy TJ Watt!  Young outside linebackers aren’t supposed to score this many points.  Is it a mirage?

N/A
N/A
The Bombers left a ton of defensive points on the bench.  Someone has to tell them to look at Lawrence and Minter next week.

N/A
N/A
This finish feels right.  This defense should finish the year right around the middle of the rankings.

N/A
N/A
I’ll give the Oysters a pass here.  Losing Kwon, Kiko, and Evans for the 1st week really hurt. 

N/A
N/A
Sometimes you get the bacon, other times you get the pork butt.  Matt got the butt last week.

N/A
N/A
I’m really surprised by this finish.  Justice will be served in the coming weeks!

N/A
N/A
I’d comment – but I’m still trying to get Greg’s last e-mail to me out of my mind.

N/A
N/A
IDP takes a while to learn.  The Goon Squad is still learning.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Great job Russ. Love looking at this stuff!

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Cool graphics. A lot of dedicated owners around here

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Holy crap, I had no idea my offense played that well. I knew my defense was disappointing, but hopefully that was a fluke.

What do you mean Coby Fleener won't score 19 points a week? Andy told me he was awesome!

Great write up Russ, lots of laughs.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
Holy crap, I had no idea my offense played that well.  I knew my defense was disappointing, but hopefully that was a fluke.

What do you mean Coby Fleener won't score 19 points a week?  Andy told me he was awesome!

I'm sure Andy had quite a few good things to say about Coby.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Charm City Justice wrote:
Holy crap, I had no idea my offense played that well.  I knew my defense was disappointing, but hopefully that was a fluke.

What do you mean Coby Fleener won't score 19 points a week?  Andy told me he was awesome!

I'm sure Andy had quite a few good things to say about Coby.

I told Andy Fleener was good.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Quality work here Russ...easy read, keeps me up to date on the "darkside".  vote yes

GO COBY!!   party4

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:22 pm

These are awesome.. Nice formatting and fun stuff..

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:57 pm

love seeing this one - didn't realize my D was that bad - WTF?!? Ouch!!!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Wait I thought week 1 was our preseason?

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Your presentations are always so clean looking.  I need to learn how to do that.  I love articles with numbers in them as numbers never lie.  Goon Squad still learning about IDP.  laughing

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Thanks Russ. Always love this feature.

Totally flip of last year for the Knights. I doubt my offense is that bad or my D is that good.

I except both sides of the ball to regress back to the mean this week.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:06 pm

Thanks Russ,

Need the D to carry a lil more of the litter and balance with the O.

wink

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:54 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Your presentations are always so clean looking.  I need to learn how to do that.  I love articles with numbers in them as numbers never lie.  Goon Squad still learning about IDP.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Nice job Russ! Glad we are back doing this again, as this is a stat I love to follow

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:47 am

What sucked this week for me offensively, was the fact I left alot of points on the bench. I definately need to re-evaluate my offense! Who wants Manning! Thanks for the write-up Russ.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Excellent work Russ - very nicely laid out.

clap

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Agree that I'm offensive.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:57 am

Thanks for all the comments. I'm glad that people actually read and enjoy the article.

And thanks to Andy for the new headers. That saved me a lot of time this week.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Interesting that 5 out of the bottom 6 in the offensive rankings were 5 of the top 6 in the defensive ranking.

Those 5 that were ranked at the bottom in offense and top in defense went 4-1 last week with the only loss coming to another team in the bottom 5 of offense/top in defense.

North Wales Knights 1-0
San Francisco Golddiggers 1-0
Maple Grove Mean Machine 1-0
Bergen Brawlers 1-0
Norfolk Bombers 0-1 (lost to San Francisco)

Also looking at averages the Defensive scoring average was higher than Offensive scoring in Week 1

Defenses averaged 138.52
Offense averaged 134.00

Seems like teams built on defense fared better than offensive stacked teams.

Curious to her from some of the veterans if this is a trend or in the past if defensive heavy teams have been the better teams?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Great point Andy. One thing to add, though, is that I'm not sure if many would say that the 5 listed teams were among the better defensive teams in the offseason. I know that Matt had 4 of the 5 teams in the bottom 6 in his defensive rankings.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:50 pm

I also noticed that 12 of the top 15 scorers in week 1 were defensive players.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Yeah, week 1 was nuts all around. Down was up and up was down. You should see the rankings swing wildly the first few weeks before settling in towards mid-season. After that, the big changes usually correlate to roster moves or NFL events.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Also ran across this article in reference to week 1. Here are some excerpts.

Throughout the league more broadly, teams couldn’t move the ball, standout performers were scant, and scoreboards stayed stagnant. It was just one week, and chances are good that it will prove a fluke rather than a harbinger of boring football to come... let’s dive deeper into the muck and examine stats that illustrate the giant shrug that embodied most of Week 1.

1. Through the first week, NFL teams are averaging 20.2 points per game. Since 2011, when the modern passing revolution hit an accelerated gear (quarterbacks have recorded 14 of the 16 4,900-yard passing seasons in league history in the past six seasons), that average is more than two points worse than any other year’s Week 1

2. In general, teams experienced difficulties moving the ball efficiently, averaging only 5.07 yards per play—or approximately what the Vikings and Browns averaged through all of last season. The Week 1 yards-per-play average exceeded 5.33 in each of the six other years since 2011. That difference might not sound like a lot, but it’s worth an extra few first downs over the course of a typical game

3. We knew entering Sunday’s games that a frightening amount of bad quarterback play was on the docket, and for the most part, those fears were founded. Scott Tolzien, Tom Savage, and Josh McCown, for instance, combined to throw four interceptions without a score, leading those first two arms to the bench and yielding a 50.7 cumulative passer rating for the trio. For comparison, Ryan Leaf’s career mark was 50.0.

4. It wasn’t just the Tolziens and Savages, though, who sputtered in the opening weekend. Andy Dalton delivered the first zero-TD, four-INT game of his uneven career; Eli Manning captained the most tepid national-TV offense imaginable; Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, and Joe Flacco all completed barely more than half their throws, each finishing well short of even 200 yards passing. And in the most surprising Week 1 stat of all, of the 33 players who threw a pass, Tom Brady had the worst completion percentage.

5. On Sunday, no running back rushed for multiple touchdowns, and only Matthew Stafford tossed more than two TDs. Accordingly, Stafford was the only Sunday player to reach 20 fantasy points in a standard, non-PPR league; for all of the Week 1 slate, only seven players surpassed that benchmark. Even though it focuses on fantasy rather than the actual gameplay, that stat might be the most damning. It’s tied for the lowest total since—again—the mid-1970s, and it’s especially low compared to its equivalents in recent, offense-dominant years.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:23 pm

credit all that crap to week 1 - week 2 will be a different story

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017   

Back to top Go down

Offense vs Defense (TT Edition) - Week 1 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: