AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Todd ~

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
It's called LOWER EXPECTATIONS. Set you expectations low enough and people will not disappoint. I've been doing that for years now and is likely why I'm not doing a 10 year stretch for attempted murder. laughing

Going hat in hand with this concept is another called "Setting the Bar Low". Are you lazy, a loafer, a procrastinator, a Doolittle, a dog fucker? If you are any of these then set a nice low goal bar and you can do next to nothing, yet keep a good feeling of accomplishments achieved, self worth, and have a decent feeling of self esteem. Turn that big "L" for "Loser" 90 degrees counter clockwise and say to your self "I ain't know loser, I'm the 7th best, and I feel pretty darn good." yes

Matt Foley "Motivational Speaker"

Great post Todd ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:29 am

There is a lot of things that people could bitch about. The price of gas. Poverty in America. The summer I had to hear Miley Cyrus songs every single day on the radio. Now these are things to bitch and moan about. (ok the first two were serious)

Now the fact that I actually

1. Put a zero on a roster
2. Posted an unfinished contract on the board

imo was comparatively not as extreme but I guess it is all having to do with perspective.

Now what I find to be a pain in the ass is when people like to comment on shit that has actually not a damn thing to do with them. It is almost a plague that has infected this league. Add on to the constant arguing just to argue that goes on this message board and I get a head ache. Could be the "Your team sucks" comments and the "Your point of view shows that you are a moron" comments that I read far to frequently is probably why I don't read all of the communications that I should. It can be really hard to sift through all of the bullshit in this league.

I apologize for messing up the contracts.

Andy is right I am not the type of guy who would give two shits if I lost my colors for a week or a month for that matter. ROTFLMAO

If Andy wants to punish me. force me to read the last 3 pages of the "draft grades thread" over and over for a week. That would be punishment enough to get me to fly the straight and narrow.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:58 am

Laughing

Some of us just love to comment though.

Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:22 am

I don't even have anywhere near as much to say as you do Justin or the time to say it if I did. I don't know how you do it. Good job though you are about a million posts ahead of me

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 am

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
I don't even have anywhere near as much to say as you do Justin or the time to say it if I did. I don't know how you do it. Good job though you are about a million posts ahead of me

Bah post count is irrelevant. You could reset mine to zero and I'd give less than half a damn. I'm chained to my desk for 9-10 hours a day. I would go batshit insane if I didn't have this place to post.

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 am

If Andy wants to punish me. force me to read the last 3 pages of the "draft grades thread" over and over for a week. That would be punishment enough to get me to fly the straight and narrow.

Shocked You think I even have that level of cruelty in my heart? I wouldn't unleash that punishment on my worst enemy. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Shocked You think I even have that level of cruelty in my heart? I wouldn't unleash that punishment on my worst enemy. Laughing

Yes. Yes you would.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:47 am

Omega City Legends wrote:

Yes. Yes you would.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:50 am

Omega City Legends wrote:

Yes. Yes you would.

hehe

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:09 am

I want to be chained and punished.............

cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:13 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
I want to be chained and punished.............

cheers

scared

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 am

I will have to spend more time in this padded room if another thread gets frikkin "catjacked "
Laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:54 am

yeah, forget the reason I started this thread. This is just a great place to turn to when times are rough. Where's my fuckin meds nurse?

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:05 am

I want desperately to put an animated .gif of some GIGANTIC fake tits to cheer everyone up.

Actually silly, almost gross gigantic; still, though, appropriate for the PADDED room.

However, that is probably uncouth, so I will not.

Just know that I have one, and it's pretty awesome.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:09 am

I hope this thread becomes less necessary when theres football so the bickering can at least not just all be about speculation.

And Tony- I like where your heads at

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:44 am

Tony post that in the Jersey video thread which has many tits already.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:07 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Also I'm bouncing off the walls with all the locked threads Andy is posting.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Fine you twisted my arm...

but you will have to wait until I get home, I'm at work right now.

(o)(o)

Hope that holds you over.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:58 pm

Hee hee

textual boobies

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:58 pm

you will do anything to get your name on some tits. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Don't tell my wife! yikes

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:04 pm

I am pretty sure she knows...I mean you probably wrote your team name with a sharpie on hers. rofl

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:09 pm

I am pretty sure she knows...I mean you probably wrote your team name with a sharpie on hers. rofl

How did you know?! bow

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I will have to spend more time in this padded room if another thread gets frikkin "catjacked "
Laughing

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:22 pm

How did you know?! bow

shut up

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:23 pm

pics or it didn't happen! grin

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:00 pm

This is my first visit to this thread, and all I can say is............ HUH?

***I used to say EH! at times like these but have been living in the USA too long HUH!***

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:06 pm

I'm starting to think we don't need different threads. Just one big thread with everything in. We don't seem able to keep anything on topic for more than about 6 posts...

doh

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm

England Dragons wrote:
I'm starting to think we don't need different threads. Just one big thread with everything in. We don't seem able to keep anything on topic for more than about 6 posts...

doh

good post

We just need to start a new one periodically so that you don't have to scroll to page 8 Laughing

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:14 pm

England Dragons wrote:

doh

This thread clearly went about 12 posts before it went cattacular.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:19 pm

At least so far its "crazy" free

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
At least so far its "crazy" free

ROTFLMAO

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:43 pm

ROTFLMAO

The Padded Room of Roster Wars: The only sane place to be.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Hey guys can I come hang out here?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Sure! It's safe here.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Sure! It's safe here.

Clearly, I just wasn't sure if I'm one of the guys people are trying to be safe from... unsure

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:24 pm

...clipped stuff

Now what I find to be a pain in the ass is when people like to comment on shit that has actually not a damn thing to do with them. It is almost a plague that has infected this league. Add on to the constant arguing just to argue that goes on this message board and I get a head ache. Could be the "Your team sucks" comments and the "Your point of view shows that you are a moron" comments that I read far to frequently is probably why I don't read all of the communications that I should. It can be really hard to sift through all of the bullshit in this league.

...clipped other stuff

Agree with this. It's giving me a headache. While I dont' think it shoudl be all rainbows and unicorns, it's getting out of hand.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Both your teams suck...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

...clipped stuff

...clipped other stuff

Agree with this. It's giving me a headache. While I dont' think it shoudl be all rainbows and unicorns, it's getting out of hand.

For those who may find it amusing to needle people or be difficult to get a rise out of another...I know Shawn is one of these people...please take a page out of his book and realize that with me it will only lead to bad times. He knows when to stop. Thats the point.

I think some people need to advise to the post at the beginning of this thread asking people to cool it. This actually seemed to fuel the fire more than extinguish it.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:38 pm

I think some of you guys might be being a touch over-sensitive.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:17 pm

I don't mean to be "that guy," but I think it is partially a function of having a fairly significant reward based on the amount you post. I mean, why would you really put a filter on when you need to hit your max posts? Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of off topic discussions that get quite entertaining, but it also can create an environment that is conducive to people getting butt-hurt, and it can turn the forums of a mess of junk threads that are ultimately useless.

A prime example of uber-policing for content can be found at elitistjerks.com, specifically in the forum rules thread: HERE

Obviously, it is not fantasy football, but a World of Warcraft site. Just get over the fact that I am a nerd and just think of it as the footballguys.com of WoW strategy (if you think that footballguys.com is the crème de la crème, that is... otherwise, whatever site you consider to be the best- this is that site.) Regardless of how tight it is, it works. That is the place to go to get high-level strategy discussion, and it is all because of the rules and the strict enforcement thereof.

Being as strict as they are isn't warranted here; that site has been around for a long time and has extraordinarily more unique traffic than we do. Also, their goal is to be an information repository, not just a "fun discussion" forum. That being said, I think we could learn from them (and please do know that I mean "we" literally- I very much include myself) in the sense of having a helpful guide for forum discourse.

I realize that the intent here at RW is to coax good discussion and worthwhile activity, but at the end of the day, you get 24 adult men together on the internet for a while, shit can get silly. That's just the way it works. And it's awesome, but it can also get to be ridiculous.

IMO, we just need strict moderation in just a few threads (or areas?) and leave the off topic posts in a different area. Maybe sticky the highly moderated threads or turn them a different color? Maybe just a few more moderators? Don't know for sure, just throwing shit against the wall to see if anything sticks...
shrug

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
Everything you said

Look at the first page of the General forum. There's pretty much one thread, the "Draft" thread, filled with an on-going debate that I'm sure many people find boring/uninteresting. That's one thread on the whole page, and it's not like there's anything necessarily wrong with that discussion, it's just gotten boring or pointless to many owners. That's fine, there are a lot of RW threads I'm not interested in - I just don't go in them.

Unless there are other threads that have gone off course and been deleted or archived that I can't see, I don't really see how people think the forum as a whole is having a problem. Not all 24 owners are going to be fans of all the discussions that take place. shrug

We have 24 guys here. I don't really know why anything would be moderated unless there were personal attacks or like inappropriate posts that people wouldn't want to open at work.

Last edited by Adelaide Empire on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:

A prime example of uber-policing for content can be found at elitistjerks.com, specifically in the forum rules thread: HERE

Damn I like those rules.

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Singapore Slings wrote:
Everything you said

Look at the first page of the General forum. There's pretty much one thread, the "Draft" thread, filled with an on-going debate that I'm sure many people find boring/uninteresting. That's one thread on the whole page, and it's not like there's anything necessarily wrong with that discussion, it's just gotten boring or pointless to many owners. That's fine, there are a lot of RW threads I'm not interested in - I just don't go in them.

Unless there are other threads that have gone off course and been deleted or archived that I can't see, I don't really see how people think the forum as a whole is having a problem. Not all 24 owners are going to be fans of all the discussions that take place. shrug

Thanks for the post Shirley Laughing

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Look at the first page of the General forum. There's pretty much one thread, the "Draft" thread, filled with an on-going debate that I'm sure many people find boring/uninteresting. That's one thread on the whole page, and it's not like there's anything necessarily wrong with that discussion, it's just gotten boring or pointless to many owners.

I don't know, I guess it's annoying to me when looking through a league post about draft grades and needing to sift through 9 pages of circular arguments and soapboxes rather than being able to have some sort of meaningful discussion. It would be less boring and pointless if the act of saying the first thing that popped into your head every time you read something was the exception rather than the rule.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:38 pm

Maybe expand the owners area to include all "official" league activity (even the optional, just-for-fun things) and have that area be heavily moderated. Then any discussion thereof can be posted in the general section, where things can go wherever they need to go. 2cents

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:50 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Look at the first page of the General forum. There's pretty much one thread, the "Draft" thread, filled with an on-going debate that I'm sure many people find boring/uninteresting. That's one thread on the whole page, and it's not like there's anything necessarily wrong with that discussion, it's just gotten boring or pointless to many owners.

I don't know, I guess it's annoying to me when looking through a league post about draft grades and needing to sift through 9 pages of circular arguments and soapboxes rather than being able to have some sort of meaningful discussion. It would be less boring and pointless if the act of saying the first thing that popped into your head every time you read something was the exception rather than the rule.

It's possible that you might be taking a fantasy football message board a little too seriously.

What you call "circular arguments and soapboxes" might be "meaningful discussion" to others. If I'm one of the offenders, I sincerely apologize for not upholding your obviously high standards of message board posting, and I am comforted by the fact that you can find some relief by escaping to elitistjerks (who are certainly not the definition of taking things too seriously lol) to participate in properly moderated discussions of the best spec for a fire mage or resto druid.

Seriously, the Grades thread started off about the grades, then evolved into a discussion about team building and trading. If you think that's just unnacceptable, well, I guess we just disagree. As you said, this league is heavy on promoting and encouraging participation on the forum, that's going to stop being fun really fast if people are just going to huddle in a thread and complain about other owners because they don't like where a particular discussion has gone.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 am

You may have missed this part:

Singapore Slings wrote:
Being as strict as they are isn't warranted here; that site has been around for a long time and has extraordinarily more unique traffic than we do. Also, their goal is to be an information repository, not just a "fun discussion" forum. That being said, I think we could learn from them (and please do know that I mean "we" literally- I very much include myself) in the sense of having a helpful guide for forum discourse.

I realize that the intent here at RW is to coax good discussion and worthwhile activity, but at the end of the day, you get 24 adult men together on the internet for a while, shit can get silly. That's just the way it works. And it's awesome, but it can also get to be ridiculous.

Also:

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Seriously, the Grades thread started off about the grades, then evolved into a discussion about team building and trading. If you think that's just unnacceptable, well, I guess we just disagree.

And those discussions are surrounded by flaming, trolling and circular arguments. I didn't say that everything that is posted everywhere here is shit. I'm just saying folks should show some restraint from time to time. I'm not trying to organize the Gestapo here. But if you want call that entire thread an "evolved discussion," then you are right: we just disagree.

Edited for clarity.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Padded Room / Therapists office   

Back to top Go down

The Padded Room / Therapists office
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: