Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:16 am

With Week 1 behind us (thankfully for some), we now focus our attention to the Week 2 Monster Matchup in the TT division.  And because we all like to look back at history, we have once again been blessed with two original owners facing off on the early season schedule.  Yes, the only Week 2 game in TT that is deemed worthy of Monster Matchup status is Todd’s (I’m Just a Big Pussycat) Steel Cats vs. Matt’s (I Teach Trading 101) Pigskins.

vs.

Both these teams are heavy favorites to win the conference this year (if not the league championship) so this contest gives one of them the early leg up on the other.  If the Steel Cats prevail, it puts the Pigskins at 0-2 to start the season.  However, Matt started last year at 0-2 and went on to win the conference title.  So although not season ending at this early juncture, it does allow one of them to claim:

Let’s take a look at what has transpired in this rivalry over the years.  In the inaugural season of 2012, they met in Week 5 of the regular season where Todd came out on top 328.06 to 280.06. Todd squeezed into the playoffs with a 6-6 record but Matt was left out of the big dance.  Amazingly, Todd went all the way to the win the TT conference but lost in the final to the Wyoming Headhunters.

In 2013, they did not play each other in the regular season.  However, both teams made the playoffs and met in a first round Week 13 clash where Matt prevailed 312.06 to 282.38.  Matt went on to lose in the TT conference final to the Chicago Crime Syndicate.

Todd and Matt squared off in Week 3 of the 2014 regular season and the Pigskins came away with a 340.06 to 325.02 victory.  Both teams made the playoffs with the Steel Cats getting in with a 4-8 record (beating out the Golddiggers in the All-Play record).  This time it was Todd’s turn to lose to the Chicago Crime Syndicate in the TT conference final.

In 2015, they played each other again in Week 3 of the regular season where Matt recorded a 385.58 to 305.22 victory.  The Pigskins made the playoffs (losing to the Golddiggers in the TT conference final) and the Steel Cats did not.

Last year, Todd and Matt had great seasons with both teams winning their Chapters and making the playoffs.  During the regular season, they met up in Week 3 with the Pigskins pulling off a dramatic less than 1-point victory 333.32 to 332.4.  Then in the Week 15 TT conference final, Matt prevails again with a 337.12 to 292.7 win.  

So here we have Matt making Todd his bitch over the years with an impressive 5-1 lifetime record against him.  But what will happen in Week 2 of the 2017 campaign with the Pigskins coming off of a lackluster Week 1 performance and losing to his trading buddy, the Maple Grove Mean Machine?  Will the mediocrity continue or can he bury the Steel Cats with a 6th straight win?

Let’s take a deeper look –

At QB, the Steel Cats pit Carr/Dalton against Brady/Wilson.  Only Carr had a decent showing in Week 1 and Dalton was pathetic.  Brady and Wilson bounce back big time this week while Dalton struggles again.  Advantage:  Pigskins

Todd starts 3 RB’s to Matt’s 2.  Bell and Freeman underperformed for the Pigskins last week while the Steel Cats rode Kareem Hunt to victory.  Matt should get a better showing from his RB’s this week but it’s difficult to bet against Hunt.  Advantage:  Steel Cats

I like the WR’s that each team is putting up but Matt has 5 going vs. Todd’s 3.  The Steel Cat’s have a great combo in Julio/Jordy but that cannot overcome the Pigskins throwing Antonio Brown, Crabtree, AJ Green, Pryor and Thomas at him.  Advantage: Pigskins

At TE, Todd is going with Engram and Kelce and against Jordan Reed for Matt.  None of these guys did anything spectacular in Week 1 but should bounce back nicely this week.  Unfortunately, the math isn’t in the Pigskins’ favor.  Advantage: Steel Cats

Hopefully Todd is reading this so he realizes he is starting a K on IR and will be fined.

Advantage: Pigskins

At DT, Ndamukong Suh finally gets to play for Todd and Matt counters with Kyle Williams.  Advantage: Steel Cats

Although the Pigskins start two DE's vs. the Steel Cats 1, Cameron Wake could have a huge game against the Chargers to nullify the advantage.  Advantage: Even

Todd starts 5 LB's to Matt's 4.  Khalil Mack goes off against the Jets so this and the clear math advantage makes this one obvious. Advantage: Steel Cats

Who starts the best CB?

Advantage: Even

Each team starts 3 S's and nothing stands out to give either one the edge.  Advantage: Even

So what's the bottom line?  It's extremely close but the Pigskins just seem to have the Steel Cats number and will eek out a narrow win.  The two powerhouses will start the year out 1-1 as they march forward in their quests for the conference title.  Do you all agree with me?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:34 am

AWESOME!!!

LOVE THE HISTORY LESSON YOU GIVE WITH THESE!

I THINK I PICKED MATT TO WIN THE CONFERENCE BUT A TOTAL COLLAPSE (DOUBTFUL) WOULD BE NICE SINCE I OWN HIS PICK

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 am

Love it, I was hoping you'd do this matchup!

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Matchup makes sense. Great choice and fun time reading through. Thanks Ed.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:43 pm

Great work Ed.  I agree that the history definitely adds to the analysis.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Awesome article..

Agree I love reading the history behind the scenes.

Adding a T-Swizzle gif in there puts it over the top

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:20 pm

Definitely a matchup to watch this week with these 2 powerhouses.  They've both scored a ton of points in their historical matchups so anything below 300pts will be a big disappointment from this fan.  Thanks for reviewing all their past games.  It's fun seeing who owns who from the past.  I would've thought this game was the Steel Cats, but the Pigskins seem to have their number and Todd may be getting nervous.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Nice work there Ed.

Ain't had any bacon for a few days, and I love me some bacon, so can't wait for my Sunday brunch of PIG.

Bern, nervous is not a word in my vocabulary. We piss ice water up here, man.

grumpy cat ... '1 and 6, shiiiiat motherfuckers, let right this ship."

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:25 pm

Wow, after the history lesson if I were the Cats I would want this game even more than normal. It's about stopping the bleeding I guess.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Anxious to watch this one unfold this weekend

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Lots to feel good about here after a tough week 1.  I've won 5 in a row against Steel Cats.  They're without David Johnson and Snead.  I hopefully will rebound after a tough week.  And Ed thinks Cam Wake will outscore both my DE's and that Kareem Hunt is better than Bell or Freeman.  Should be a fun matchup to watch.  And if I recall correctly, Todd has gone the bacon route the last few times we faced off.  Keep going with it, please.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:41 am

Nice work, Ed! This will be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeee matchup! I am thinking bacon sounds good this week.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Christ, Ed, wind it in a bit. I've got to follow this in week 9! laughing

Great job again Sir - thank you.

And be very weird seeing the Pigskins at 0-2.

raise eyebrow

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:21 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Christ, Ed, wind it in a bit. I've got to follow this in week 9! laughing

Great job again Sir - thank you.

And be very weird seeing the Pigskins at 0-2.

raise eyebrow

That's how last year started...

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:07 pm

Sadly I think bacon wins.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:51 am

Good luck today Cats. I hope you get high score in a loss

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:15 pm

I finally picked one right.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition    

Back to top Go down

Monster Matchup 2017 Week 2 - TT Edition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: