Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:20 am

Hi, everybody!

Last year was the first year that I didn't do fantasy basketball in a while, and I missed it. I'm putting together a 12-team auction dynasty league, and wanted to extend the first invites to anyone here who's interested. I'm doing it on ESPN this first year because it's free and has the best combination of interface and league options of all the platforms that don't cost money. In the future, I'd like to expand to 24 teams in two conferences with their own player pools, a la Roster Wars, but want to get a good core group before taking on that many people.

League page: The Twelve-Man Game

Settings: Settings (natch)

Full league rules: League Rulebook

The quick and dirty...

-- 12 teams, $50 each through LeagueSafe.

-- Rosters:
  -- (2) G
  -- (2) F
  -- (1) PF/C
  -- (5) UTIL
  -- (3) Bench
  -- (2) IR

-- Head-to-Head Each Category scoring.

-- 9 scoring categories:
  -- FG%
  -- FT%
  -- 3PM
  -- REB
  -- AST
  -- STL
  -- BLK
  -- TO
  -- PTS

-- Payouts:
  -- Champ: $400
  -- Runner-up: $100
  -- Division winners (2): $50 each

-- We use a Salary Cap that equals the NBA Luxury Tax Line every year, always rounding up. This year, that's $120 million. Because ESPN can't go that high, every $1 in ESPN budget equals $1 million in Salary Cap.

-- Every year begins with an auction draft. In the inaugural draft, everyone has $120 in their budget (the ESPN draft client does scale their suggested draft prices to what we use).

-- Players are signed to each team using the winning bid price. Teams may not go above the Salary Cap.

-- After the draft, teams with any money left have this amount put into their Free Agent Auction Budget.

-- Players can be dropped at any time for no cost, except those on the ESPN Undroppable List. Dropped players have their salary removed from their team's roster, and this money is put back into the team's Free Agent Auction Budget.

-- Starting on Jan. 15 of each year, teams may pay an additional $50 to buy an extra 20 percent of Salary Cap space, always rounding up. This is called paying the Luxury Tax. The additional salary cap can be used for trades, free agents, or any other purpose. Teams may not go above the Luxury Tax cap for any reason. Luxury Tax payments are put into the championship purse and can never be refunded.

-- Prior to each season's draft, teams may keep any player at a cost of +$5 to their previous season's contract price. Teams can keep as many players as they want, provided they do not go over the Salary Cap. The Salary Cap goes up every season along with the real NBA.

-- There is maximum of 35 games played per 7 days. The games played limit goes up and down proportionally to the number of days in a matchup. Games Played limits are hard limits. Any team that goes over will take a 0-9 loss, including in the playoffs.

-- The regular season is Weekly matchups through Week 17. Teams play everyone in their division twice.

-- The playoffs are two-week matchups in three rounds, from Week 18 to 23 (ending April 1). The top 6 teams regardless of division make the playoffs. The top 1 and 2 seeds earn a bye, but play an exhibition game in the first round. The winner of the 1v2 exhibition game gets $10 in additional Salary Cap to use throughout the rest of the playoffs.

-- Although the divisions do not factor into the playoff seeding, the winner of each wins $50 in prize money. Divisions are redrawn randomly before each season.

-- The 6 non-playoff teams play a reverse-seeded tournament, called the Shitty Shitty Bang Bang Tournament. The winner of the SSBB gets 2 free RFA extensions (meaning they may keep 2 players next year at their current salary). The SSBB runner-up gets 1 free RFA extension.

I think that covers all the broad points. Would love to hear any feedback on rules, etc. Let me know if you're interested.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:05 am

I may be wrong but I believe Andy has a dedicated thread for these post.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:16 am

Hey Colin that pretty cool. Thank you for posting it. I have not watched a bball game in probably 10 years. The last game I watched some little guy named sciles or something used to play point guard for the Orlando Magic he was a little white dude that was good at threes I think... Anyway after beating Rob in week 1 I now have mastered "officially" fantasy football. So count me in buddy. Btw too bad it can't be a MFL site or some equivalent cause I would love if Andy did our graphix.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Hey, Sty! Glad you're back and safe!

Awesome! Yeah, Scott Skiles was great. Had 30 assists in a game once. He actually coached the Magic until two seasons ago, when he was fired because apparently he's a huge dick to everyone.

I once saw a video of a bald man grease up his head and put it into a woman's vagina. The whole thing! Scott Skiles reminds me of that guy.

Glad to have you aboard. I should ask, since you don't seem particularly interested in the roundball, do you think you'd be able to stick with a dynasty league?

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:53 pm

I'm in Colon! Been looking for a solid NBA league for a while.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:57 pm

Count me in Collin. I've been looking for league, so I'm in.

Thanks for setting this up.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Hey, Sty! Glad you're back and safe!

Awesome! Yeah, Scott Skiles was great. Had 30 assists in a game once. He actually coached the Magic until two seasons ago, when he was fired because apparently he's a huge dick to everyone.

I once saw a video of a bald man grease up his head and put it into a woman's vagina. The whole thing! Scott Skiles reminds me of that guy.

Glad to have you aboard. I should ask, since you don't seem particularly interested in the roundball, do you think you'd be able to stick with a dynasty league?

Yes sir I would not do that to you. If I get in the league I might suck and not win very much and choose players based on the better looking Shoes(kidding). You can ask Carla I'm in one of her leagues. Quite honestly I'm buying the new nba2k18 on Switch and kinda want a reason to start watching bball again. But yes I will not bail on you or any leagues. I have left leagues in the past.
leagues I have left in the past are the ones were you are a number and there is no camaraderie banter fun. I regret leaving a league that was fun and some RW guys are still in a few years ago, but there was some bad things going on in my life that I didn't talk to the commish about (he used to be part of this league) my Dad was dying late stage Alzheimer's and I was a bit more argumentative I guess. Should have been more open with him.
I'm competitive I'm not gonna come in and just stink up the place and make bad trades and unbalance your league. Only choose me if your 100 comfortable though please don't if you have any reservations. I will not ever hold it against you to try and protect your league. I can promise you I don't take on anything if I don't try to be the best at it.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Interested, but how are you going to collect the optional mid season $50 using Leaguesafe, think they have a deadline for all leagues to be paid.?

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Hmm. I’m interested. I need to read a bit more. Never played nba for money.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:05 pm

Great, everyone! Glad to have you all, and please feel free to ask more questions.

@Sty: No worries at all, bud. You're in if you want. Just wanted to ask.

@Ghoji and Tim: Welcome!

@Andy: Missed your response earlier. If I need to put this somewhere else, someone in charge just let me know where that is and I'll do it. I thought the "other leagues" thread in this subgroup was for discussing or asking advice on other football leagues.

@Bob: That's a great point. I had thought LeagueSafe allows you issue midseason fees. After some research, they do allow you do that but they can only be paid at the end of the season when you're allocating winnings. My thought at this point is to have people PayPal/Venmo me when they want to pay the Luxury Tax, which I can then pay into the LeagueSafe account at the end of the season. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

@Matt: Let me know if you have any questions!

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Sty, I also need your email address whenever you got a sec to invite you to the league.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Sty, I also need your email address whenever you got a sec to invite you to the league.
Collin it is romulan78@gmail.com. (Probably not a great idea to have that email, an important EOC official asked for my email during the storm as our Department email was down and I could almost see his quizzical/surprised expression through the phone when he said "Romulan78?" He probably was expecting like Chief4life.com or Iliveforthisfireshieet.com. I'm way too long winded wow all you wanted was my email and I forgot to put the ) ...

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Great, everyone! Glad to have you all, and please feel free to ask more questions.

@Sty: No worries at all, bud. You're in if you want. Just wanted to ask.

@Ghoji and Tim: Welcome!

@Andy: Missed your response earlier. If I need to put this somewhere else, someone in charge just let me know where that is and I'll do it. I thought the "other leagues" thread in this subgroup was for discussing or asking advice on other football leagues.

@Bob: That's a great point. I had thought LeagueSafe allows you issue midseason fees. After some research, they do allow you do that but they can only be paid at the end of the season when you're allocating winnings. My thought at this point is to have people PayPal/Venmo me when they want to pay the Luxury Tax, which I can then pay into the LeagueSafe account at the end of the season. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

@Matt: Let me know if you have any questions!

You may be correct. After almost 4 months I still stumble around blindly here. There is so much going on all the time. I need to learn to quit giving directions until I learn my way around. Think I took a piss in the RW kitchen sink earlier today when I was looking for the RW bathroom.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:06 pm

Andy was right but Collin makes a good point. I have retitled the thread to indicate where we'll land on this...."officially"....

tongue

Enjoy.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Andy was right but Collin makes a good point.  I have retitled the thread to indicate where we'll land on this...."officially"....

tongue

Enjoy.

Bah gawd! It's the Eternals' music!

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Hey, guys. After playing around with ESPN's system, I made some changes to the way waivers are processed. This will be easier for everyone, allow owners to make waiver claims without having to drop players the day before, and let me not have some compromises in settings that I had to before.

-- Basically, we're going to run on an honor and self-responsibility system. Every day, owners will have a FAAB equal to the salary cap to bid on free agents.

-- Owners are responsible for making sure that all their total team salary including new players is under the salary cap after waivers process.

-- Any team with too much salary will have their most recent transactions reversed until they're under the cap.

-- Then, everyone will get a fresh compliment of FAAB to use for the following day.

This lets me allow players to lock individually at the start of their games rather than lock everyone at the start of the first game of the day. It also allows us to process waivers and trades every day instead of limiting it to Mondays and Fridays.

If anyone can poke any holes in that, please let me know.

Also, per the advice of some other people, I raised the games played max from 35 to 40. This will let people use their bench during the week.

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts, concerns or suggestions. We have 7 agreed so far, still looking for 5 more.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Collin can you resent the invite I cannot find it. romulan78@gmail.com

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:14 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Collin can you resent the invite I cannot find it. romulan78@gmail.com

Invite resent, Sty!

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:30 am

We have 9/12 spots filled, in case anyone else is interested.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Still looking for owners?

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:19 am

Hey, bud! Sorry for the late reply. We are full up, unfortunately. But, we plan to expand next year, hopefully, so I'll hit you up and see if you're still interested.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 pm

So how may RWs folks are in the league? Looking forward to the draft this Sunday.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:00 am

Putting together a NCAA Hoops League if anyone is interested on Fantrax

https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/leagueRulesSummary.go?leagueId=vq5y48ipj8kb43oq

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Not about a particular league, but Embiid just got the super-max from Philly. 5 years, $148 mil + up to $30 mil in bonuses.
Honestly a bit surprised. Still happy about it since maybe that means he'll play actual minutes this year.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:58 pm

Hopefully he stays on the court! So good when he plays.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Bodes well for Eric in the NBA league. I hope he can play. Would love to see what the Sixers can be at full strength.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Manhattan Beach Patriots wrote:
So how may RWs folks are in the league?  Looking forward to the draft this Sunday.

Not sure on the amount of RWians in our BBall league but I found it completely hilarious that some guy in the league spent 1 million of his cap money on a guy that doesn’t even play in the NBA and no one knows! What a newb.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:04 pm

So how may RWs folks are in the league?  Looking forward to the draft this Sunday.

I think it is 4. Sty, Tim, Collin, myself

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

I think it is 4.  Sty, Tim, Collin, myself

The Fearless Foursome. Hopefully we can have a few more RWs owners when the league expands.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

I think it is 4.  Sty, Tim, Collin, myself

The Fearless Foursome.  Hopefully we can have a few more RWs owners when the league expands.

I'm counting on it! cheers

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Not only football.  Gordon Hayward must likely done for the year after a gruesome landing that broke his ankle on Opening Night.  Yuck!

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:48 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Not only football.  Gordon Hayward must likely done for the year after a gruesome landing that broke his ankle on Opening Night.  Yuck!

I have Hayward in one league, but I am glad I don't have him in the Arby's league. Instead I have Mirotic who stupidly fought his large teammate and left with a broken jaw.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Omg!

I hope my players act professionally, I don’t know who they are but I’ll watch one of them for the first time tonight a point guard with a sweet beard!

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Say what Mr. Pierce!?

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/921061237022175237

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:02 am

Hey! At least I can win in fantasy basketball!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:19 am

My RedKnights finished dead last in my first ever basketball season. Now I’m trying to win the loser bowl.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   

Back to top Go down

The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" BASKETBALL leagues, teams & trades thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: