x

Share | 

Unicorns Utopian Universe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:11 am

Hello and welcome to the inaugural edition of Unicorns Utopian Universe. As the alliterative and not at all forced title suggests,this is an alternate dimension (or Universe, if you will) where each franchise is managed by a time travelling robot who can predict the perfect lineup. Every week, I will detail the matchups based on optimum scoring and track the league standings along with individual Coach Rating. Up for grabs at the end of the season is nothing but good old fashioned pride and bragging rights. So let’s get straight on with it, starting with the Promising Prospects.

Andromeda Afterglow - 339.38
Kansas City Kings - 335.88

Afterglow edges out Kings with a 3.5 points margin of victory in the opening matchup of the week. Afterglow surely helped by a massive 29.5 point game from Miles Killebrew - only an idiot would have left him on the bench. Predictably great weeks for Jesse James (25.1), Malik Jackson (22) and Korey Toomer (17) were not enough for Kings as they start the season 0-1.

Actual Result - Afterglow (287.98) bt Kings (223.34)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Southside Spartans - 383.44 (317.92)
Edinburgh Galacticos - 345.70 (285.90)

Spartans with a statement win thanks, in no small part, to the decision to start Mike Daniels (29 points) over Carlos Dunlap (1.5). Another key decision was to bench Telvin Smith (7) for Mason Foster (19). Galacticos on the other side, despite the loss, will not regret the inclusions of Devin McCourty and Tarik Cohen who had 31 and 27.1 points respectively. We all saw that coming.

Actual Result - Spartans (317.92) bt Galacticos (285.90)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St Louis Duffers - 346.78
Mob Town Ravens - 327.02

Duffers start the season 1-0 with some help from his defense. TJ Watt had a sensational 32.70 point week and Dante Fowler not far off with 31.30 points. Critical members to the team and I don't know if Duffers would have won without them. Ravens 21 points from Akiem Hicks, 17.20 from Jonathan Stewart and an obvious 17 from Jalen Ramsey weren't enough to secure victory for the Ravens.

Actual Result - Ravens (251.72 bt Duffers (246.68)

Valhalla Viktors - 330.70
Faber College Mongols - 327.50

Pink favorite Viktors with the shock of the week here. 20 points each from franchise players Joe Haden and Trae Waynes did just enough to squeeze out a 3.2 point win. Mongols won't be disappointed by their lineup decisions though as Mike Gillislee and Ron Parker blew up for 22.5 and 21 points.  

Actual Result - Mongols (235.6) bt Viktors (229.36)

Denver Demons - 323.16
Haddonfield Slashers - 390.26

High score of the week in PP from Slashers. CB's again coming to the rescue with Trumaine Johnson (26.1), Robert Alford (18) and also JJ Nelson who isn't a cornerback (15.3) the keys to victory. Demons made the right call to start Sam Bradford (27.74) over Russel Wilson so can sleep easy at night knowing there was nothing they could have done to win this matchup.

Actual Result - Slashers (333.26) bt Demons (247.98)

Polk High Panthers - 389.74
Indiana Mayhem - 282.30

Panthers undefeated so far after this 107 point win!! Wow, he could not have done it without Austin Hooper, AJ Klein and Shaq Griffin who all scored 20+ points this week. Mayhem with easily the worst score of the week could have been even worse if they didn't start Eli Apple (16) or Seth DeValve (10.2).

Actual Result - Panthers (269.44) bt Mayhem (240.9)

Last edited by Latvia Unicorns on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:14 am

Good stuff man. I love the idea.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:16 am

Nice job Ross. Nothing like losing and having someone point out you could have won. lol3

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:20 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Nice job Ross.  Nothing like losing and having someone point out you could have won.  lol3

Yeah, do me a favor and don't do this for the Main League. Thanks. Mad

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:28 am

Awesome stuff. Thanks for doing this.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:49 am

Nice work! Excellent idea Ross

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:35 pm

The Kings left a boatload of points on the bench this week.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Nice! But let's get to the real teams!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Love the take...nice job Ross!

I left FIVE players with 20+ points each, on the bench; hate to think how you would have roasted me.   lol 2

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Nice job Ross!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:49 pm

My team sucked donkey balls for sure.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Nice read Ross although I am a bit confused. Is the coach rating based on how close you got to selecting the optimum team?

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Now that we're done with the warm up... Rising Rookies Conference.

Tenafly Vipers - 307.6
Latvia Unicorns - 337.1

Dominating victory for the best team in the league. What a great decision to put Reggie Nelson (17 points) and Tre'Davious White (16) in on defense. Anticipating Allen Robinson's injury to play Shane Vereen who had 14.1 points was another spot on prediction. What a week for the Vipers WR's with Cooper Kupp and JJ Nelson putting up 17.6 and 15.3 points respectively beating out Dez Bryant who was correctly left out with a measly 6.3 points.

Actual Result - Unicorns (279.56) bt Vipers (258.62)

Mohawk Ridge Marauders - 358.08
Carolina Werewolves - 357.5

Pink favorite Marauders edges out Werewolves in the closest matchup of the week. Some performance from Tarik Cohen and Miles Killebrew both with over 27 points. I don't know if Marauders would have won without them. As if it was bad enough to lose to the projected worst team in the conference, Werewolves managed it even after starting big hitters Kenny Golladay (22.9) and Coby Fleener (18.9).

Actual Result - Marauders (303.64) bt Werewolves (277.94)

North Carolina Cobras - 330.34
Riverside Rottweilers - 315.62

Big performances from Adoree Jackson (17.6), Josh Norman (17) and Cj Fiedorowicz (10.5) helped Cobras to a victory here in Week 1. Thank heavens Cobras managed to avoid playing the suspended Austin Seferian Jenkins or this could have been a crucial loss. Rottweilers did their best with some high scorers elevated from the bench at the last minute. Playing without Randall Cobb and Leonard Floyd with 17.5 and 13 points respectively would have made this loss even worse.

Actual Result - Rottweilers (275.20) bt Cobras (237.94)

Carolina Silverbacks - 409.2
Maplewood Doppelgangers - 348.72

Silverbacks threw down the gauntlet with a convincing 61 point beatdown in Week 1. Great performances from Trumaine Johnson (26.9), Ron Parker (21) and Malik Jackson (22) made the gap between the two teams even wider. Imagine what the score would have been if Doppelgangers hadn't started Mike Gillislee (22.5 points) and Melvin Ingram (18.5). Man, it would have been embarrassing.

Actual Result - Silverbacks (328.6) bt Doppelgangers (249.80)

Manhattan Beach Patriots - 348.1
Alaska Arsenic - 400.56

Arsenic smashes 400 points with gigantic weeks from TJ Watt (32.7), Tashaun Gipson (28.7), Mike Daniels (29) and Nelson Agholor (20.6). Four players that Arsenic would have been stupid to leave on the bench. Patriots didn't fall into any traps either as they correctly predicted that Sam Bradford would outplay Russel Wilson with 27.7, PPlus Yannick Ngakoue and Jaquiski Tartt both had over 25. If only Tom Brady was as accurate.

Actual Result - Arsenic (306.76) bt Patriots (265.36)

Kalamazoo Nukes - 327.84
Philadelphia Pigskins - 259.9

Blowout of the week as the Nukes take a 68 point victory. Chris Thompson was the right choice at RB with 16.2 points and solid 15+ points from Tavon Wilson, Michael Bennett and A'Shawn Robinson. Failing to crack the 300 point mark, the Pigskins relied on a big week from AJ Klein (24), DJ Swearinger (14) and, of course, Kicker Jason Myers who had 13 points. Could have been a triple digit margin if those guys weren't playing.

Actual Result - Nukes (261.44) bt Pigskins (186.56)

Total matchups influenced by Optimum Points - 1

Last edited by Latvia Unicorns on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Nice read Ross although I am a bit confused. Is the coach rating based on how close you got to selecting the optimum team?

Yeah, probably should have explained that. Exactly as you said though, Actual Points/Optimum Points.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Love it! I was stupid to leave all of them on the bench. Nice work Ross

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
My team sucked donkey balls for sure.

Yeah ya did.. laughing

But I left a shit ton of points on the bench, glad that didnt bite me in the butt

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:12 pm

Thanks Ross

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:29 am

I like this stat - look forward to tracking as the year goes on.

Actually might have a use too, from a perspective of being accountable for your lineup submissions. There's no hiding if your coach rating sucks and you need to look at yourself and how you are picking your lineup.

Keep it up mate

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:44 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
I like this stat - look forward to tracking as the year goes on.

Actually might have a use too, from a perspective of being accountable for your lineup submissions. There's no hiding if your coach rating sucks and you need to look at yourself and how you are picking your lineup.

Keep it up mate

embarrassed I have no idea what you are talking about. I didn't change Blake Martinez into my starting lineup for Jaquiski Tartt as my final move and cost myself almost 20 points and a victory.

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Afterglow surely helped by a massive 29.5 point game from Miles Killebrew - only an idiot would have left him on the bench.

I see what you did there you cheeky bastard

Despite benching him though, interesting to note the discrepancy between my perfect and actual scores were not all that big compared to others. Like this analysis, thanks for putting it together

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:51 pm

GREAT WORK! Love it!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unicorns Utopian Universe   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum