Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21 am

Well, well, well, Week 1 is in the books. Huge victories, close loses, and some interesting sights to see here. This will obviously be a work in progress, meme's/gifs will be coming. Some notes on the league as a whole: Chapter 1 all have 1 win, Chapter 3 all have one loss and the only expansion team with a win is the Maple Grove Mean Machine. Some big mountains to climb for some owners and some are already on top of the mountains. On with the melee:

{0-1} Indiana Mayhem 281.36pts at {1-0} Atlanta Africans 294.00pts
Mayhem made it close, but the Africans squeeked out a victory. Mayhem had two players with more than 20 pts scored (McCoy and Bosa), which in this league doesn’t cut it. The defense really carried the Africans with 4 players over 20 including a 29 point effort from Tyvon Branch and with good performances from Carson Wentz (19.38) and Matt Ryan (19.04) the Africans made the Mayhem turn from a funnel cloud to a cumulus cloud.
Take-away: Nice point totals from both teams. Both teams need to step it up a little bit. With the talent they both have, they will be above average this year.

{0-1} Oaktown Malosos 275.58pts at {1-0} Littleton SilverBallers 315.04pts
The SilverBallers reigned supreme this week with a 40 point win. With putrid play from his QB’s, a whopping total of 9.94 pts combined, I don’t know how he did it. Here, again, defense won the day. Ballers had two players with 30 or more points (B.J. Goodson 30 pts; Geno Atkins 34 pts). Oops, I forgot Antonio Brown whom had 28.20 pts. Malosos had Gillislee, Golladay, and James all top the 20 mark and Demarcus Lawrence and Jordan Poyer topping the 24 point mark.
Take-away: The Ballers definitely need better QB play cause I don’t think their defense will carry them all year. The Malosos had some bright spots, and to be honest need to pull together as a team.

{0-1} Muskego Muskies 201.68pts at {1-0} England Dragons 318.26pts
Wow, the Muskies nearly didn’t top the 200 point mark, and if you look at his team this week, you will know why. He had one player top the 20 point mark in C.J. Mosely (26.10) and one other player almost made it there in Dak. Marcel Dareus and Corey Liuget posted (0.00 pts.). England was cooking with gas this weekend and this just may be the team to watch this year. With 50 points out of the QB position, Kareem Hunt putting up an epic number this week (45.60 pts), and the defense performing better than average, it’s easy to see why they put a 117  point drubbing on the lowly Muskies.
Take-Away: Muskies need to have all his players score, the Dragons….well they will still need great play out of the QB position and if Kareem continues to do what he do, Dragons will be a force.

{0-1} Dos Faces Degenitals 286.76pts at {1-0} Tarpon Springs RedKnights 344.14pts
The Degenerates were carried by Sam Bradford (27.74 pts), Leonard Fournette (21.40 pts), Jason Witten (22.40) and a couple of guys on defense scoring 20 it still wasn’t enough. The Redknights must have pissed off at Irma, because he killed it this week. I mean just check this out: 46+ at QB, 60 out of 4 RB’s, Tyreek and Golden 48+, and with 5 players over 20+ on defense, this team is poised. He may have been near the 375 mark if two of his players actually posted numbers.
Take-Away: RedKnights are scary, if this continues to happen, he will be tough to beat in DD. Degenitals were middle of the pack this week, which is better than what was predicted. Degenitals need help to avoid pink again this year.

{0-1} Whiskey Creek Gadabouts 247.18pts at {1-0} Titletown Tyrants 267.24pts
In what could be called a game for the ages, the Tyrants went toe-to-toe with the defending league champs, and beat the whiskey out of the Gadabouts. Not much to see here in this game, other than the fact the low scoring nature of this one. I thought both would have been over 300. The Gadabouts had a solid 40 pt. effort from the QB position and pretty solid WR play, with a couple defensive players over 20 points. The Tyrants also had a solid 40 point effort from the QB position and a sprinkling of 20+ guys on the defensive side of the ball.
Take-Away: The scheduling gods did both of these teams a favor this week. I suspect both will be fine going forward, but, the both would have been beaten by 7 other teams this week.

{0-1} Nevada Nighthawks 209.00pts at {1-0} Minnesota Eternals 252.08pts
Nighthawks had a tough debut this week and would have only beaten the Muskies. Not much to see in the Nighthawks camp except Adam Theilen (24.70) and Darron Lee (26.00). Oh, and that Carr guy. The Eternals lost David Johnson for a period of time, and I don’t know how that helps the Eternals going farther. The RB position was a strong point for them this week, but what does the injury do to the thinking of the Eternals. The bright spot for the Eternals was a 35 point effort from Calais Campbell.
Take-Away: The Nighthawks need to take a step back from SMAK and concentrate on finding wins and the Eternals will need to find another player that can put up consistent 25 points a game.

{0-1} Charm City Justice 279.64pts at {1-0} North Wales Knights 283.38pts
Another debut team got derailed. The Justice got some nice play out of the QB position with 40 points and good numbers out of Theilen and Tate. And who doesn’t like a little Dan Bailey in their lives. The Knights relied on their defense in this one and Defense prevailed. Five players tallied 20+ points with a few more scoring over 15.
Take-Away: Justice carried a gavel and dropped it. The Knights defense is scary good, and with continued play like that, they will be in near the top.

{0-1} Kane County Goon Squad 237.96pts at {1-0} Hamilton Steel Cats 297.18pts
The Goonies came out swinging but were seriously overmatched in this one. The Goonies squad got solid play out of the QB position with 36+ points, nice production out of the RB position and one guy on the defense scoring more than 20 points. It’s a good thing the Kitties had Kareem Hunt blow up this week it kind of takes the sting out of losing David Johnson. Nonetheless, the team from top to bottom was just simply better.
Take-Away: The Goon Squad, well, you just need to be better. Pink could be your new favorite color. The Kitties, well, they need a replacement for David Johnson, but they will be very balanced and tough to beat.

{1-0} San Francisco Golddiggers 289.36pts at {0-1} Norfolk Bombers 267.14pts
The Diggers had a better than average QB position this week with 36+points and the defense was as solid as they come with 3 players topping the 20 point mark and a few topping 15. The Bombers had 37 points out of the QB position and Calais Campbell putting up 35 with very consistent play out of the entire defense.
Take-away: The Diggers will keep digging to find ways to win and the Bombers were just OK. The Bombers will need more consistency out of his offense to compete this year.

{0-1} Rocky Mountain Oysters 226.00pts at {1-0} Bergen Brawlers 290.32pts
Another start-up team and a lot of hype surrounding this matchup that ended up in a 64 point drubbing for the start-up Oysters. Managing 26 points out of the QB position isn’t a great way to start for the Oysters. In my eyes, and let me tell you I wanted to gouge my eyes out looking at the score this week, but Melvin Gordan and DeAndre Hopkins were the bright spots of the offense while Luke Kuechly was the bright spot on defense. The Brawlers had putrid play out of the QB position but with a balanced and consistent approach on offense and a huge defensive day with B.J. Goodson (34), Ramon Humber (25), and Tyvon Branch (29), it’s easy to see why the Brawlers stepped all over the Oysters and didn’t get shit on their shoes.
Take-away: Oysters need a lot of help and the Brawlers will be a good team, but not good enough to do any major damage.

{1-0} Maple Grove Mean Machine 284.48pts at {0-1} Philadelphia Pigskins 246.50pts
The Mean Machine has some serious issues at this point. The QB position was putrid, the running backs stunk, and the bright spots were Tyreek and Cobb on offense while the defense just solid enough to stunt the Piggies growth. Antonio Brown was the lone bright spot on the Piggies team and everyone else was really below average.
Take-away: The Mean Machine got lucky this week as they played a team that had a down week, and left a lot of points on the bench. Middle of the road for that team. The Piggies, well, hopefully they rebound next week. If not, pink could be his new favorite color.

{0-1} California Nightmare 245.92pts at {1-0} Naperville Divine 322.78pts
Even with the front runner for pink involved in this game, the Nightmare still outscored the Nighthawks. Tarik Cohen, Kenny Golladay and Trevor Siemian were the bright spots on offense and Trey Flowers on defense. The Divine got 38 pts out of the QB position, had a solid effort out of McCoy and Fournette at the RB position, and good play out of the WR position. T.J. Watt turned in a solid effort at 32.70 points and you have a stunning Divine victory.
Take-away: Pink may not be Nightmare’s favorite color this year and the Divine could be playing for some cash.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:34 am

NICELY DONE! - THANKS MARK

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 am

Fun read Mark. Looking forward to future editions.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 am

I think that's an all time low score for the Muskies...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:48 am

Well done man! Horrible week, but at least I came away with a W. I get my guys back next week!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:50 am

Great work Mark. And I love the quick turn around on this. It's always nice to have something to read Tuesday mornings.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:58 am

Nice write-up, Mark. Hopefully the help I need comes from the guys I had to bench due to Irma and improving on a 70% efficiency rating.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:08 am

Nice work.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:18 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Nice write-up, Mark.  Hopefully the help I need comes from the guys I had to bench due to Irma and improving on a 70% efficiency rating.  

Hopefully, they don't show up! It's a battle of two new teams next week! I also had a couple of players out, Lavonte David was one. So, hope he smacks some shit around.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:04 am

Fuck Week 1. bang head on wall

Thanks for a job well done Mark!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Excellent write up Mark!

Yeah I need Dalton and that fuck Newton to play way better.

All I know is if Dalton keeps fucking up.....It will my decision on how to tag him next year much easier

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Mean Machine wrote:
The Malosos had some bright spots, and to be honest need to pull together as a team.

That...or find someone else to set my line-up...baghead2

Thanks Mark...Nicely done!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Great write up.....for week 1

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:32 pm

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:20 pm

Great job Mark! It was a weird NFL week - be interesting to see what happens in week 2.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:34 pm

Great write up. Was hoping for high score of the week, but a good week nonetheless. Excited to get one up in the win column over Matt.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:35 pm

I forgot all about a Tuesday article.  Excellent coverage of all the games!  overhead

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:29 am

Great write up... But you're fucking high...

Sty pulled a horse shoe out of his ass to post the best score of his Roster War's career this week with that duct-taped roster. Just weird Week 1 shit happened, that is all.

My team is still a dumpster fire... But the RedKnights aren't anywhere near a "force to reckon with in the DD".

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:41 am

That was excellent Mark thank you! No TV no electricity, barely any good cell reception and no free time without some emergency popping up you don't realize what a great escape/relief it is reading some of these articles.
Wow the Oysters lost badly in this major rivalry! And as far as my matchup I guess if I do t play Bucs I win :)

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:45 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
Great write up... But you're fucking high...

Sty pulled a horse shoe out of his ass to post the best score of his Roster War's career this week with that duct-taped roster.  Just weird Week 1 shit happened, that is all.

My team is still a dumpster fire... But the RedKnights aren't anywhere near a "force to reckon with in the DD".

Fake News. If you research you will see that is no where my highest score. My team is one of the "400" club so I am actually disappointed at this weak, puny score. You will build my score up and pay for it. Unfair. Unfair. We are not going to let tzina take away our WBs and give us back nothing anymore.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Hope you feel dirty Andy...

Nice work Kram

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Nice work! You write better than my team plays!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:18 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Hope you feel dirty Andy...

Nice work Kram

Why? The fantasy gods and all of you fuckers should feel dirty if anything...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1   

Back to top Go down

TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: