Share | 

Ryan Mathews RB FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Can you imagine getting into a fender bender with Mathews? Is that a bad time to admit being a fan?

zip it or :happy:

Depends if it was his fault. If it was, you are suing his ass, fan or not.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Quote :
Mathews exited Thursday's preseason game against the Packers with a shoulder injury after just one carry, the North County Times reports.

Analysis: There's no word as of yet on the severity of the injury, but Mathews was replaced by Ronnie Brown and ruled out for the remainder of the night. He'll likely be evaluated by team doctors, and which time more information about his injury will be known.

One

Fucking

Carry

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:09 pm

carted off

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:11 pm

I think Mathews plays fantasy football and he has the 11th pick, so he is faking an injury so he can draft himself. Just a flesh wound...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Broken Clavicle- out 4-6 weeks. Just saw

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:30 pm

OOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooofffffffffffffffff.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:44 pm

Major oof for my other league!

Oh yeah my other RBs there are McFadden and MJD...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:48 am

Quote :
San Diego Chargers RB Ryan Mathews (clavicle) suffered a broken clavicle in the preseason game Thursday, Aug. 9, and will miss four to six weeks. Mathews is scheduled to have surgery Friday, Aug. 10.

Analysis: One pre-season carry into his role as workhorse back, Mathews is out for maybe six weeks and will be on the operating table Friday. The best-case scenario for a return could be by the season opener, but fantasy owners may be looking at loosing a first round pick for up to two games to start the season. His draft stock will surely drop, but he could still turn in top 5 fantasy numbers once he returns fully... If he can stay healthy. Backups Ronnie Brown and Jackie Battle will now get all the pre-season action.

Yup he broke it alright! Guy is made of glass.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:50 am

Ronnie Brown and Jackie Battle. Ooof.

Ryan Grant to the white courtesy phone!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:29 am

Benson?

EDIT: Its actually more than 4 weeks till their season opener so he could be back...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:38 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Benson?

EDIT: Its actually more than 4 weeks till their season opener so he could be back...

I doubt he'll be back before Game 3 and even when they do bring him back I expect him to be eased back in.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:01 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
Benson?

I doubt he'll be back before Game 3 and even when they do bring him back I expect him to be eased back in.

I was trying to provide some hope unsure

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:11 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
Benson?

I was trying to provide some hope unsure

Laughing

All I know is that when Romo broke HIS it was an 8-10 week recovery. I would imagine RB recovery time should take even a wee bit longer as they take way more punishment. They can say 4-6 weeks all they want but I'd be surprised if it was only six.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 am

Glad I didn't invest a ton of Auction cash into RB's. I always find that hard to do in Dynasty Formats.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 am

Romo never sat out games tho to properly rest it tho...

Speaking from (a lack of) experience I'd also say the difference is a RB just needs to cope with the pain, since he doesn't actually need to throw I assume his actual football ability is impacted less...

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:57 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
Glad I didn't invest a ton of Auction cash into RB's. I always find that hard to do in Dynasty Formats.

I have tried this also but somehow find myself chasing RBs for a few years after that.
Of course if its PPR type scoring and you only need to start 1 RB that's a little different...

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Quote :
Dr. Daniel Kharrazi, an independent orthopedic surgeon, says Ryan Mathews is more likely to miss six weeks than four with his collarbone fracture.

Coach Norv Turner has left open the possibility of Mathews returning for Week 1, but Kharrazi and team sources both tell the Union-Tribune San Diego that he's likely to miss the start of the season. "Frankly, I don't think most people would release him before six weeks," Kharrazi said. "The healing time is 4-6 weeks. So, especially in a professional athlete, I think you're going to take the extra step to make sure it's 100 percent healed because you don't want it to get hit on, and if it's not properly healed, he can reinjure the shoulder." Kharrazi has "never seen someone come back" from Mathews' injury in four weeks. Rotoworld's running back rankings have docked Mathews two games from his 2012 projection.

I think Justin is right this injury may linger on for more like 6-8 weeks

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Hah!!!! Linger 6-8 weeks???

He's done for the year. He'll come back, get one more carry, POOF, IR.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:49 pm

As much as he has had some injuries in his short career, all joking aside, it's kinda hard to bust on him for a broken bone. A broken bone is a broken bone, just shit luck I think.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:07 pm

I would like to thank my gut for properly telling me that Mathews was not a guy to be drafted or worshiped like so many were doing this year. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I would like to thank my gut for properly telling me that Mathews was not a guy to be drafted or worshiped like so many were doing this year. vote yes

Never bought it either Andy. Don't own him in ANY leagues. cheers

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:26 pm

It's a little early to claim victory on any predictions for the year guys Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Quote :
San Diego Chargers head coach Norv Turner likes the fact that RB Ryan Mathews (clavicle) thinks he can return to play in Week 1, but Turner said it won't be Mathews' call. Mathews is expected to be able to return in four to six weeks. "The last time I checked, Ryan is not a doctor," Turner said. "We're going to just evaluate him on a weekly basis. If he heals fast and he's ready that early, that'd be great. What I've been told is four to six weeks in terms of him being able to get back out there. We'll just see how it goes."

Probably my favorite Norv Turner quote.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:53 pm

Quote :
Addressing Ryan Mathews' return from a broken clavicle, the former team doctor for the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Bulls suggested we might not see the San Diego Chargers running back until October. Mathews had talked about returning prior to the regular season, so what gives?

"It takes six weeks for the bone to heal," Ghodadra said. "Even after you fix it with the clavicle plate and screws, the bone still has to heal, so you are looking at six weeks for that at minimum. Studies have shown 8.8 weeks is how long it takes for NFL players to get back from clavicle fractures."

Yeah as I said four weeks is a pipe dream.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Its all speculation - Colston played after 2 weeks

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:24 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Its all speculation - Colston played after 2 weeks

I'd put money on 6+ Evil laugh

Any takers?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 pm

I think 4-6 weeks is a timetable for when he can like be normal and dress himself without pain. I don't think 4-6 weeks is a reasonable timeframe for him to resume the duties as an NFL running back.

That's crazy about Colston - I had to look that up to confirm it was true. It is. I wonder if he had a less severe fracture or something.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Quote :
Updating a previous report, San Diego Chargers RB Ryan Mathews (clavicle) said he has not been cleared for contact yet and is not sure when he will receive clearance.

Told you so cheers

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:44 pm

God I hate and love him...

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Quote :
Updating a previous report, San Diego Chargers RB Ryan Mathews (clavicle) said he has not been cleared for contact yet and is not sure when he will receive clearance.

Told you so cheers

Told who what?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Quote :

Told you so cheers

Told who what?

Several people in many forums that he wouldn't be back for week 1.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Quote :

Told you so cheers

Told who what?

Several people in many forums that he wouldn't be back for week 1.

In other news the grass is green Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Quote :
San Diego running back Ryan Mathews (clavicle) could be cleared for contact on Wednesday. It's the next step towards playing in Week 2. Analysis: Despite his continued improvement, Mathews is more likely to return in Week 3 than this Sunday. Beat writer Kevin Acee of the Union-Tribune San Diego does not believe he'll suit up against Tennessee in Week 2. You should make plans to be without Mathews for one more week.

Week 3 is still sooner than I thought. Good for him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Quote :
San Diego running back Ryan Mathews (clavicle) still hasn't been cleared for contact, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. Analysis: Not only did Mathews not practice Wednesday, he didn't even participate in individual drills after doing so all of last week. Expect to be without him for Week 2 and possibly Week 3.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:53 pm

not looking good for weeks 2 or 3

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Its looking good for Curtis Brinkley owners. smile and wave

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:19 pm

And some better news you negative creeps...

Ryan Mathews practiced in pads on Thursday for the first time since breaking his collarbone on August 9.

He's been cleared for contact. It's the final and most important step in Mathews' recovery, but it's unclear if he has an actual shot of suiting up against the Titans, or if the Chargers are simply trying to get a jump on Week 3. Mathews has been eyeing Week 2, so a return certainly shouldn't be ruled out. We'll know more in the next 24 hours. It's possible Mathews will be listed as questionable on Friday's injury report and a game-time decision for Sunday's 4:25ET game.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Great news for him and the bolts!

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Wow!! really hope he comes back

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:20 am

Quote :
According to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, "it appears" that running back Ryan Mathews (clavicle) will play Sunday. Analysis: Frankly, we'd rather Mathews just sit out another week instead of playing in a limited capacity since it's unlikely his broken clavicle is 100 percent healed five weeks after suffering the injury.

Shocked

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:44 am

Wow.. That would be cool but I don't think that is too smart

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:23 am

Evil laugh

Yeah, get in there and push it... eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:35 am

Some ass whoopin coming now. carted off

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Quote :
Mathews (shoulder) is expected to fully participate in practice with the team beginning on Wednesday and if all goes according to plan will make his season debut on Sunday against the Falcons, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports Analysis: Mathews is more than five weeks into a projected four-to-six week timetable to recover from a broken clavicle which he injured on August 9. There was some thought that he might be able to come back in Week 2, but he ended up missing the game primarily due to a lack of practice time, so his ability to participate this week is key to his return.

Baddabing.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Quote :
Mathews (clavicle) practiced Wednesday and is expected to practice in pads fully on Thursday, Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports. "I feel great, I feel healthy and strong," Mathews noted Wednesday. Analysis: All signs point to Mathews being available Sunday against the Falcons, barring any setbacks at practice this week.

Good for him. Hopefully he doesn't break the other shoulder Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:25 am

Quote :
Updating a previous report, San Diego Chargers RB Ryan Mathews (clavicle) practiced for a third consecutive day Friday, Sept. 21, without any setbacks, a day after taking a full load in contract drills. He expects to play in the Week 3 game against the Atlanta Falcons. 'I'm ready for anything,' Mathews said. 'Whether it's one carry or 20 carries, I've been ready to play since that (season-opening) Monday night game.'

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Mathews should be a shot in the arm for the Chargers poor running game. We think he should get enough touches to be worth starting this week.

Not sure about the one carry or 20 carries line but it is what it is.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Quote :
Updating a previous report, San Diego Chargers RB Ryan Mathews (clavicle) practiced for a third consecutive day Friday, Sept. 21, without any setbacks, a day after taking a full load in contract drills. He expects to play in the Week 3 game against the Atlanta Falcons. 'I'm ready for anything,' Mathews said. 'Whether it's one carry or 20 carries, I've been ready to play since that (season-opening) Monday night game.'

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Mathews should be a shot in the arm for the Chargers poor running game. We think he should get enough touches to be worth starting this week.

Not sure about the one carry or 20 carries line but it is what it is.

3 carries, then out for the year.

Laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Quote :
Chargers coach Norv Turner said the team may decrease running back Ryan Mathews' touches due to the back's fumbling problems. "There are certain situations where we will limit his exposure," Turner said Monday, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. Analysis: Mathews lost a fumble inside the Falcons' 10-yard line in his season debut Sunday, his sixth giveaway in 27 NFL games.

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:28 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Quote :
Chargers coach Norv Turner said the team may decrease running back Ryan Mathews' touches due to the back's fumbling problems. "There are certain situations where we will limit his exposure," Turner said Monday, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. Analysis: Mathews lost a fumble inside the Falcons' 10-yard line in his season debut Sunday, his sixth giveaway in 27 NFL games.

ROTFLMAO

wow. I enjoy watching news like this about players I never bought into. clap

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Motivation tactic Bob

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mathews RB FA   

Back to top Go down

Ryan Mathews RB FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top