Share | 

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:11 am

Week 1 of the 2017 Roster Wars Season
By:  Mike Diggs

Welcome everyone to the 2-Minute Drill... I am your host, Mike Diggs, and welcome to another season here at Roster Wars!  That off-season was so freaking long, and we were all so freaking ready to kick things off, that there is really no reason to drag out a tearful intro.  We get the special treat of TWO Monday Night Games this week, Vikings/Saints and Chargers/Broncos!  Some fantasy powerhouses on slate which means we have a huge 2-Minute Drill on our hands... Let's get right into the action here on Week 1 of the 2017 Season!

{0-0} Indiana Mayhem 209.70pts (+5) at {0-0} Atlanta Africans 245.50pts (+4)
Heading into the two games on Monday night, the Mayhem will be looking to make up the 36pt deficit using WR Emmanuel Sanders, WR Tyrell Williams, TE Coby Fleener, PK Wil Lutz, and DE Joey Bosa.  The Africans will look to maintain the Mayhem using PK Younghoe Koo, LB A.J. Klein, CB Chris Harris, and S Justin Simmons.  The entire world could use their own YoungHoe in my opinion.

{0-0} Oaktown Malosos 209.88pts (+3) at {0-0} Littleton SilverBallers 221.74pts (+6)
The Malosos have an uphill battle on Monday night.  They do have WR Stefon Diggs, LB Jatavis Brown, and LB Eric Kendricks going but I don't think it's going to be enough.  The SilverBallers look like they are going to survive the pitiful -3.90pt performance from QB Andy Dalton.  They have a 12pt lead and still have RB Melvin Gordon, WR Ted Ginn Jr., TE Kyle Rudolph, DE Everson Griffen, LB Korey Toomer, and S Harrison Smith.

{0-0} Muskego Muskies 163.88pts (+4) at {0-0} England Dragons 263.92pts (+4)
The Dragons started out with almost 90pts from three guys on Thursday night and they never really looked back.  Sure, the Muskies still have RB C.J. Anderson, DT Corey Liuget, LB Brandon Marshall, and S Darian Stewart, but they just didn't have the firepower to stand toe to toe with England.  100pt lead and oh yea, the Dragons still have QB Drew Brees, WR Keenan Allen, DE Melvin Ingram, and S Jahleel Addae waiting to go.

{0-0} Dos Faces Degenitals 243.12pts (+3) at {0-0} Tarpon Springs RedKnights 279.94pts (+6)
Hello... Is it me you're looking for... Two teams that have been fighting it out at the bottom of the league for a couple seasons now met in this one with more than just a win on the line.  The RedKnights showed up this season opener with a purpose!  They are primed to finish the week with the top score in the entire league... With RB Dalvin Cook, WR Michael Thomas, TE Hunter Henry, DT Sheldon Rankins, DE Cameron Jordan, and S Kenny Vaccaro waiting to play.  As for pinkie... Just out-classed this week.  They still have QB Sam Bradford, RB Adrian Peterson, and CB Casey Hayward... But it's not going to be enough.  The Mustache is safe and it's only a matter of time until Rob has to say Hello to the entire world...

{0-0} Whiskey Creek Gadabouts 214.82pts (+2) at {0-0} Titletown Tyrants 236.16pts (+2)
In one of the most anticipated matchups of the week, hell, of the season... The Tyrants and the Gadabouts were all set to flex their muscles to the rest of the league and show why they are the cream of the crop in Roster Wars... And I think they both forgot the season started today!  The Tyrants hold a slim 22pt lead and still have QB Philip Rivers and WR Demaryius Thomas while the defending champions have QB Trevor Siemian and DT Linval Joseph going on Monday night.  Rough start for both teams, but the defending champ looks like they are going to start their title defense with a loss.

{0-0} Nevada Nighthawks 153.70pts (+4) at {0-0} Minnesota Eternals 235.58pts (+3)
The Eternals enter 2017 as a franchise on a mission.  They are tired of mediocrity and are ready to start showing their dominance.  It's just too bad it had to be at the expense of the Nighthawks this week.  Nevada was never really in this one either and I don't see that changing on Monday night.  They do have RB Mark Ingram, WR Adam Thielen, PK Brandon McManus, and LB Alex Anzalone waiting to play, but it won't be enough.  Hell, I don't even think Minnesota even needs to play DE Danielle Hunter, LB Von Miller, or CB Xavier Rhodes to hold onto this lead.

{0-0} Charm City Justice 218.04pts (+3) at {0-0} North Wales Knights 232.44pts (+4)
The Justice start this Roster Wars legacy this week and are within striking range on Monday night.  They are down 14pts, but they do have WR Adam Thielen, TE Coby Fleener, and DT Brandon Mebane waiting to play.  Unfortunately for them, the Knights have a couple guys waiting to play as well.  QB Drew Brees, RB Adrian Peterson, WB Ted Ginn Jr., and DE Joey Bosa... Yea, Charm City will need some MASSIVE performances to get Justice this week.

{0-0} Kane County Goon Squad 162.72pts (+7) at {0-0} Hamilton Steel Cats 284.18pts (+1)
The Steel Cats showed their claws in this one and posted one of the top scores of the week, despite getting -3.9pts from QB Andy Dalton... I guess 45.6pts from RB Kareem Hunt was enough to set the tone in this one.  The Goon Squad does have 40% of their lineup waiting to go.  QB Sam Bradford, RB C.J. Anderson, RB Dalvin Cook, TE Hunter Henry, DT Sheldon Rankins, CB Chris Harris, and S Jahleel Addae.  They have a hail mary shot on Monday night, but Hamilton also has S Harrison Smith to help pad their 122pt lead.

{0-0} San Francisco Golddiggers 207.96pts (+6) at {0-0} Norfolk Bombers 205.64pts (+5)
This one should be fun to watch on Monday night.  Both teams had solid performances on Thursday/Sunday, and both have a bunch of guys waiting to go.  As for the Golddiggers, they have RB Jamaal Charles, WR Michael Thomas, WR Tyrell Williams, DE Melvin Ingram, DE Cameron Jordan, and LB Jatavis Brown waiting to play.  Norfolk will send WR Keenan Allen, PK Brandon McManus, DT Linval Joseph, LB Eric Kendricks, and LB Brandon Marshall to the field to try and secure the win.  Should come down to the wire.

{0-0} Rocky Mountain Oysters 207.10pts (+2) at {0-0} Bergen Brawlers 278.82pts (+2)
The Brawlers took their 0.22pts from Scott Tolzien and laughed in the faces of the Oysters this week.  They aren't afraid of some Sheep Balls, not when they got huge games from guys like TE Jason Witten, LB B.J. Goodson, and S Tyvon Branch.  Not only do they have a 71pt lead, they still have DE Danielle Hunter and LB Alex Anzalone waiting to play.  As for Rocky Mountain, just not enough firepower.  They still have RB Melvin Gordon and DT Corey Liuget, but it's not going to be anywhere near enough to start 2017 with a win.

{0-0} Maple Grove Mean Machine 250.92pts (+2) at {0-0} Philadelphia Pigskins 189.80pts (+5)
The Mean Machine has built up a 61pt lead with DE Everson Griffen and CB Casey Hayward waiting to take the field on Monday night.  As for the Pigskins, they will look to avoid being turned into bacon by sending WR Demaryius Thomas, LB Korey Toomer, CB Jason Verrett, S Darian Stewart, and S Kenny Vaccaro to the field.  Something tells me Maple Grove is going to be eating some Maple Glazed Ham when the smoke clears.

{0-0} California Nightmare 218.56pts (+1) at {0-0} Naperville Divine 276.38pts (+3)
The front-runner in the 2017 Race for Pink is the Nightmare, and they definitely played like is this week.  With only Trevor Siemian waiting to go, this one is over.  The Divine will pad their victory with WR Stefon Diggs, WR Emmanuel Sanders, and TE Kyle Rudolph as they begin 2017 with a statement victory.

And there you have it... Catch you guys next time here on the 2-Minute Drill!

-Mike Diggs

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:17 am

Thanks Rob.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:39 am

Thanks Rob!

Fuckin Dalton and his pathetic fantasy day!!!! Thanks a lot Ass hole

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:54 am

All that yapping and I pull off a dud.  Russ gets to gloat.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:13 am

Thanks Rob, it's nice to get an overview of what's going on in the main league!

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:31 am

Hopefully, Matt's team falls off the face of the earth! And I win..... mock

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:39 am

You know what? These articles are a hell of a lot more fun to read when you've got a chance to win. Thanks for putting this together Rob.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:45 am

Smoked fish anyone?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:50 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
You know what?  These articles are a hell of a lot more fun to read when you've got a chance to win.  Thanks for putting this together Rob.
RIGHT THERE WITH YA!

high five

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:07 am

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

Hopefully you beat him and he loses in the main and minor league.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:35 am

Great read Rob.  Glad to have Mike Diggs back.  Wow, Russ is going to be 1-0.  The only thing that I can think about right now when I think of Ed...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:07 am

Mike Diggs wrote:
 The Malosos have an uphill battle on Monday night.

You got that right brother; "fat lady" is ready to take the stage.   That, and leaving FIVE players who scored 20+ points on the bench = wasted opportunity to hit the Ballers while they had one of their WR's out, and a miserable showing from the QB spot.  Oh well...on to next weeks debacle. Neutral

Thanks Diggsy!

Last edited by Oaktown Malosos on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:14 am

Great read Rob. What a dud from my team this week, or is my team just a dud. Russ could very well be looking at 2-0.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:17 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Great read Rob.  What a dud from my team this week, or is my team just a dud.  Russ could very well be looking at 2-0.

Have confidence in yourself. You WILL lose next week. Brawlers gonna run a train on the TT this year.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:31 am

Ahhh, the 2 Minute Drill.  Sorry, I just couldn't stay up any longer to get my bedtime story in last night.  I was refreshing the page every few seconds like I was in the last minutes of an Ebay auction, but then I fell asleep.   1am posting?  I just missed it by about 15 minutes.  laughing  But you know what?  Article is just as good with a glass of chocolate milk in the morning.  Thanks!  high five2

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Brawlers gonna run a train on the TT this year.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Good stuff man. Rough week at Tyrant headquarters. Starting without Ajayi, Evans, OBJ, and LaVonte was not good and it showed in the stat sheet. Hopefully I can hold on. Gross.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Great stuff Rob.

Some interesting finishes with the two games tonight...

clap

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:40 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

Hopefully you beat him and he loses in the main and minor league.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Man, a 4 am posting. You dedicated motherfucker you. Props, nocturnal one and thanks!

thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:41 pm

It was only 1am there. I'm sure he was drinking pina colatas.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Thanks Rob. Hope you win majority of the games you have left. Your a great guy!

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:

Week 1 of the 2017 Roster Wars Season
By:  Mike Diggs

Something tells me Maple Grove is going to be eating some Maple Glazed Ham BACONwhen the smoke clears.

There, I fixed it for you, Rob! I really enjoyed my Maple Glazed BACON on Tuesday!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:13 pm

The Anticipation for Week #2 is making me wait.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:24 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
The Anticipation for Week #2 is making me wait.

I read this as: The Anticipation for Week #2 is making me WET.

I thought wow, Bern is really getting personal here...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:25 pm

You are one of a kind Bern, one of a kind.  laughing

I think Rob isn't getting home until tonight, he is out on a love boat cruise or something.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Hello?

laughing

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Hello?

laughing

bruh 4 REAL !!!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:12 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I think Rob isn't getting home until tonight, he is out on a love boat cruise or something.

#1...Thank god!   wink
#2...Rob is busy taking singing lessons.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:33 am

Yea sorry guys... Just got back home... Mr. Diggs will be back in full force next Sunday night!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

#1...Thank god!   wink
#2...Rob is busy taking singing lessons.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One   

Back to top Go down

The 2-Minute Drill - 2017 Week One
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: