Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition   Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:54 pm

MONSTER MATCH-UP
WEEK 1

DOS FACES DEGENITALS vs. TARPON SPRINGS REDKNIGHTS

We all know whats on the line for this game. It’s Adele vs. Moustaki in what comes down to a win/win situation for all of us watching.
As of this article there were still some Bucs/Dolphins in the starting line-ups so I took the Muskie liberty of adding the players I would sub in. The Advantage after every section indicates a running tally. I’m also rolling out my own +/- scoring system which needs a little tweaking before its revealed but we’ll start to trial it in this series. Also trying different breakdowns on offense and defense.
QB’s

DFD-

Sam Bradford +1… Bradford only had 4 multi-TD games last year with only 1 game where        he scored 20+ points.  Expect much of the same from Bradford in this game.
Brian Hoyer +1… Hoyer has a tough match-up against Carolina, new coach, new offensive Coordinator, New everything.  I like the direction the 49ers are going but it could be tough sledding the few couple weeks.  Lets also keep in mind this is Brian Hoyer, hes not magically going to be a good QB bcause Kyle Shanahan is the coach.

TSR-

Matthew Stafford +1… The last match-up Stafford had against the Cardinals was not pretty (1TD 3 int’s) I don’t expect that poor of an outing but Matty has a low ceiling in this game.
*Deshone Kizer +1… Muskie Pick to replace Winston…Kizer has enough weapons that he should score in that 15-20pt range just out of pure volume.  The Browns will be playing catch up all game and Kizer should get a lot of high percentage throws to Coleman, Johnson and Britt.
ADVANTAGE: EVEN

RB’s

DFD-
Leonard Fournette +1… This game has the potential to be a bit of a wake up call for Leo, hes going against one of the better defenses in the league and hes already managed to put his foot in his mouth by saying the NFL is easy, much slower than he thought it would be. After 9 whole carries in the preseason we’ll see how slow Watt and Clowney are.  He’s got a high ceiling strictly from a workload standpoint but don’t get your hopes up.
Devonta Freeman +1… No preseason carries due to being in concussion protocol. I don’t think Freeman gets a heavy workload this weekend.  They play the Bears for fuck sake. I think Coleman will get more carries this week to ease Freeman back into contact. No point in taking a chance.
Marshawn Lynch -1… Mr. Skittles will have a rough game, low ceiling in this game.   Jalen Richard shines.  Lynch still has some good games left in him if his legs hold up, he may get banged up in his 1st game back .
Adrian Peterson -1… Interesting match-up for obvious reasons. The Vikings have a great defense and Peterson is an average RB at this age.  Splitting carries with Ingram in a pass first offense behind an offensive line that has never been anything but average at best. Low ceiling.

TSR-

Jordan Howard +1… The Bears are going to play a ball control offense but with Mike Glennon as your QB and Kevin White as your #1 WR you don’t really have a choice.  The Falcons will be stacking the box and they have an extremely fast LB corp.  Howard will get plenty of touches but I don’t see much running room available.
Jonathan Stewart -1… Had single digit games 6 of 12 games he played last year.  He might steal a goal-line carry or two from Newton with the QB just getting healthy again but that’s best case scenario. The Panthers backfield belongs to McCaffrey with Stewart as second fiddle.
James White +1… White seems like the logical choice to pick up right where he left off last season which means he won’t. If history has taught us one thing its that you can never count on a Patriot RB.  I think lines up all over the field this year to help make up some of Edelman’s catches. Decent game, nothing spectacular.
*Dalvin Cook +1…Muskie Pick to replace DeSean Jackson… Named the starter and will get the bulk of the carries against a traditionally weak defense.  Rookies are a risk, always.
ADVANTAGE: REDKNIGHTS +2

WR’s

DFD-
Corey Davis -1… A rookie who missed all the preseason, not a good combination for success. A jump ball TD would be the best case scenario for this game. The Titans will try and get him the ball with some bubble screens and pick routes so I guess anything is possible but not very probable
DeAndre Hopkins +2… I’m pretty disappointed that Watson didn’t win the starting job at QB.  Tom Savage huh? The Texans might be better with Fred Savage under center.  Despite a Savage under center I think they feed Hopkins the ball and he has a good game.
Brandon Marshall +1… This is not the 2015 Brandon Marshall, this is the 33 yr old guy who started stong last year but faded down the stretch and had a combined 22 pts in the last 4 games. I get it, he played for the Jets last year, its hard to get motivated.  A lot will depend on OBJ’s health.

TSR-
Tyreek Hill +2… First of all fuck you for getting Hill.  Next, Hill has insane speed and while this may not be the best match-up for him he will have a good game. The Pats have a tendency to take away their opponents best guy which will make this a fun match-up to watch.  The Chiefs are good at getting him the ball in space and he doesn’t need much room to take it to the house. With a rookie in the backfield I think Hill goes back there and gets some carries too.
Golden Tate +1… Low ceiling in this game for Tate going against the Cardinals.  Tate looked horrible to start last season but finished strong with scoring double digits in 9 of his last 10 games.
Michael Thomas +1… Tough match-up against the Viking but Brees was getting him the ball pretty consistency last regardless of the oppenent. Lack of Snead probably gets Thomas a couple extra targets as well.
ADVANTAGE: REDKNIGHTS +4
TE’s

DSD-
Jason Witten +1… This is the 3rd year in a row the Cowboys open up the season against the Giants.  Witten traditionally plays well against the Giants and I think his streak will continue.  Witten is the defintion of “safety valve” and Prescott looks his way on 3rd downs just don’t expect to much YAC from Witten, hes all YAC’d out.

TSR-
Hunter Henry -1… Gates still steals to many targets for Hunter to be a consistent play and Allen is back.  Once Gates retires Henry goes right to the top in TE rankings.
ADVANTAGE: REDKNIGHTS +3

DFD-
Alan Branch, DT +1… DT’s are so hard to predict, he’s pretty consistent and the Chiefs run the ball so hes probably good for a TFL
Jonathan Allen, DE -1… I’m going to bank on him having some growing pains early on, low ceiling
Solomon Thomas, DE +1… Another rookie DL, I think Solomon has a little impact on the game than Allen has early on.
Karlos Dansby, LB -1… Can you use a cane in the NFL? 35 yrs old and still puts up some nice games.  All good things must come to an end
Thomas Davis, LB +1… Can you use a walker in the NFL? 34yrs old and has a little more game left than Dansby. Davis has a knack for being around the ball, he tends to fill up the stat sheet with a little of everything.
Mason Foster, LB +2… Breakout year last year and really playing like a stud late in the season.
Derrick Johnson, LB +1… Another fucking old guy that can play. Either the Degenerates are going to have a hell of a LB corp or they’re going have no one left standing. Could be a MASH unit by the middle of the season.
Paul Posluszny,LB +1… Tackle machine, it doesn’t get much more consistent than this guy
Joe Haden, CB -1… It can’t be to difficult to transition teams late in the Preseason if you’re a CB. Not the same Joe anymore, very average.
*Casey Hayward, CB +1… Muskie Pick in place of TJ Ward, Pretty consisitent last year
Eric Reid, S +1… Very consistent last year before his injury, he should pick up right where he left off…trending up.

[u]TSR-
[/u]DeForest Buckner, DT +1…  Very solid player going into his sophomore year. He had a couple of monter games last year but overall very consistent player
Fletcher Cox, DT +1… Tackles and TFL’s were down last year but there’s not to many better DT’s at getting into the backfield, he should bounce back and have a solid year
Sheldon Rankins, DT -1… Showed some potential last year but I’m not sold on him.  Missed the first 8 weeks on IR had some decent games when he came back.
Cameron Jordan, DE +1… Jordan is another one of those DL’s that get in the backfield a lot, typical DE tackle totals, but 17 TFL’s, 7.5 sacks, 6 pass def, this guys all over the place. Very consisitent numbers.
Zach Brown, LB +2… Career year last year at 27yrs old, stud LB, only 1 single digit game all of last year, steady eddy.
Chandler Jones, LB -1…. Low ceiling player, sack dependent LB, if he can get you 10+ be happy with that.  Just a player who is much better in the NFL than on the fantasy football field.
Janoris Jenkins, CB +1… A fairly high ceiling CB who gets a decent amount of tackles and gets plenty of balls thrown his way. With Zeke playing I’m not to sure how much the Cowboys will be throwing.
Jalen Ramsey, CB +1… Good rookie year, had a couple monster games to close out the season last year (38 & 37) . Hopefully he doesn’t become a shut down CB or all his points will be shut down too.
Ron Parker, S -1… So hard to predict DB’s outcomes, he has just as many bad games as good games like most DB’s.  Pats are going to throw a ton so has potential for a decent game but you cant count on him
Lamarcus Joyner, S  -2… WHO?  Very pedestrian player with a ceiling just high enough for Vern Troyer (Mini Me) to live in.
Kenny Vaccaro, S +1… Missed some games last year due to suspension otherwise would have easily had a 200+ pt year, Underated fantasy player

ADVANTAGE: EVEN

This should be a very close game as they graded out even but bottom line is the Tarpon Springs Redknights have more high ceiling players this week. Too many unknowns on the Degenerates side of the ball: Hoyer, Peterson, Fournette, Corey Davis, Lynch, Jonathan Allen, Solomon Thomas.  There is a lot of talent on the Degenerates side but just a little young yet, I have a feeling they won’t be seeing pink for quite awhile, Right Greg.  TSR begins the season 1-0.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition   Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:57 pm

Nice job Dan! Love all these articles!

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition   Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:44 pm

Sounds like Rob needs to start practicing.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition   Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:58 pm

That's some awesome detail on each player.  I just don't have that kind of detailed knowledge on the NFL players, so I enjoy reading stuff like this and maybe learning a nugget or two.  Did you predict that the fat lady is already singing?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition   Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:30 am

Nicely done Dan. This is definitely the game to watch this week. Thought we had an article header for Monster Matchup but I'll look into it.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition   Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:49 am

Excellent breakdown Dan!...can't wait for the outcome; with no dog in the fight...fun either way. laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition   Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:05 am

Love it! Can't wait to see the results!

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition   Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:07 am

You need to apply at a fantasy football site to write articles. Great job.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition   Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:33 am

Nice write up Dan!

I also only see one QB in that group I would start with confidence. The others make me sick

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition   Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:56 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nice write up Dan!

I also only see one QB in that group I would start with confidence.  The others make me sick
I agree but a Tier 2 or 3 QB is still going to have a higher ceiling than a Tier 2 or 3 WR/RB.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition   Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:04 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nice write up Dan!

I also only see one QB in that group I would start with confidence.  The others make me sick
I agree but a Tier 2 or 3 QB is still going to have a higher ceiling than a Tier 2 or 3 WR/RB.

True

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition   

Back to top Go down

Monster Match-up Week 1- DD Edition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: