x
x
x
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:03 pm

The first one is always the hardest. We all think we are making the playoffs and we all look good on paper. As this series moves along it will be easier to figure out who really is worthy of the Hellacious match up of the week. I was tempted to go Hellspawn vs Mohawk but with David and Winston among others not playing because of the Hurricane both teams will be undermanned.

Instead I went with another matchup that intrigues me. Pigskins vs Nukes. Now Matt has gotten the proverbial pat on the back from the Roster Wars community for his strategy of building elite defensive talent. I think he gets a true test right out of the gate. The genius that is MFL's scoring system has nukes as a 23 point favorite.... lets break it down by position.

Quarterback

Pigskins: Aaron Rogers and Tyrod Taylor

Nukes: bortles and Matt Ryan

Rogers is the best fantasy QB who doesnt where uggs. He is a killer with tons of talent around him and gives you rushing tds. Ryan is no slouch. Julio has taken he beast wr mantle from Megatron and had a break out year plus he plays the bears. They suck. The real questions are at 2nd qb. Taylor is cuncussed. Bortles almost got beat out by Chad Henne.

Advantage: Pigskins but only slight.

Running back

Nukes: Howard Demarco Murray lamar Miller

Pigskins: blount and Terrence west

If Pigskins misses the playoffs this year it will be because of this position group. frustrated Blount is old slow and out of shape (He was the same in Pitt) west is a place holder who may just be able to shine until Buck Allen takes his spot. Nukes has 3 RB1s

Advantage: Nukes by so much it is embarrassing

Receiver

Pigskins: Josh Dotcson, Bryant, Terrel Pryor, Jeremy Maclin

Nukes: Amari cooper, Doug Baldwin, Diggs, Brandon Marshal

Nukes has more proven performers and elite talents in Cooper and Baldwin. The Redskins offense has looked mehh in the off season. I cant see both Pryor and Doctson having big games. Maclin is the wild card here. I  think he has been wasted in years past in KC and now has a rocket armed QB in flacco getting him the ball. Bryant is talented but i am not sure where he fits after AB in that offense. His floor is very low imo.

Advantage:  nukes.

Tight end

Nukes: jordan reed

Pigskins Ebron and vernon davis

The Redskins dont have enough targets at TE to support 2 tight ends. Reed is healthy. He balls out when he is healthy. I own Ebron and i still believe in him. It takes tight ends several years to produce...he will have a good year but he wont do better than Reed.

Advantage: nukes

Lets go to the defense shall we?

DT

Pigskins: Marcell Dareus

Nukes: Deforest Buckner

Closer than you think. Dareus isnt practicing fully yet. Buckner had a pretty decent rookie season. Dareus in a vacuum but FF isnt a vacuum.

Advantage: Nukes by a hair. Dareus is only a limited partcipant

DE

Ezekiel Enzah

Carlos Dunlap JJ Watt

Remember when i talked about pigskins punting onrunning backs.well Nukes is doing the drop kick at defensive End. What makes it worse is that this a position where there is a huge gap between the elite and everyone else. Pigskins has the best and elite player. No scores like Watt, but is he 100%? I think so

Advantage: pigskins and its ugly. He may have made up the difference on offense right here. Ok exaggerated a bit but he closes the points gap.

Linebackery

Pigskins: telvin smith, Jamie collins, antonio Morrison, Bobby Wagner, Vince williams

Nukes: will compton,demario davis, chandler jones, poz

You go Pigskins! Not only pig names but productive elite players. The real sleeper is Vince Williams. Shazier is overrated. Vince will be the leader  in tackles in the Steel city. It isnt like nukes has a bad backer group, pigskins  has perhaps the best starters in the entire Minor League. These are high floor high ceiling guys.

Advantage Pig Skins clap

CB vote no

I should care but i dont. Corners in fantasy are annoying. The best players never score points. Some mook who cant cover and has to tackle receivers 20 yards down field is a producer.case in point Amerson.

Advantage: who cares

Safety

Pigskins: keanu Neal, Harrison Smith

Nukes: Eric Berry, Ha Ha Dix,Barry church, Kurt Coleman

Smith is a far better real safety than he is in dynasty. Neal had a quality rookie year. Coleman i hear is going back to free which is going to help his big plays buthurts tackles. Dix is a S1. Church was the best player in the cowboys secondary. He may not get the same number of oportunities playing with young talents in front of him.

Advantage Nukes

So this time of season it is about starting line ups. Both teams arent going deep into their player pools, and this is the best each could do....best vs best in an early season match up. The intrigue comes in when you look at an offence heavy vs defense heavy tale of the tape. I do like what Pigskins did. He has got beastly defenders...I just think finding good defenders late for cheaper is possible. Nukes did this with his safety group. The points his 4 safeties give him allow him to pull away in the end.

Hellacious line: Nukes -16

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:07 pm

"Among Others" eh? You may as well have a week 1 bye with the number of players I just lost Laughing

Great write up. My money is on the Skins though. There's such an overwhelming advantage on defense and I think their offense is closer than the gap. We'll see though. Oh I have better LB's than Matt though. For real. Get outta here.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:12 pm

Great write up. I felt a whole lot better about my chances before having to take Evans, Landry, and Reshad Jones out of my lineup. The downgrades to Doctson, Vernon Davis, and Morrison might be the difference in the end. I hate that I'm currently starting 3 redskins receivers. That might change

Hopefully you're wrong! Thanks for taking the time to do such a thorough write up!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Good stuff!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:35 pm

This will be interesting to watch with the battle of Offense -vs- Defense.  Good stuff!   vote yes

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Great breakdown! Nukes' LB unit is a little ugly, but any week Matt #3 doesn't have Evans is going to hurt. Congrats to Nukes on his 1-0 start.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Carolina Werewolves wrote:

So this time of season it is about starting line ups. Both teams arent going deep into their player pools, and this is the best each could do....best vs best in an early season match up. The intrigue comes in when you look at an offence heavy vs defense heavy tale of the tape. I do like what Pigskins did. He has got beastly defenders...I just think finding good defenders late for cheaper is possible. Nukes did this with his safety group. The points his 4 safeties give him allow him to pull away in the end.

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Great write up.  I felt a whole lot better about my chances before having to take Evans, Landry, and Reshad Jones out of my lineup.  The downgrades to Doctson, Vernon Davis, and Morrison might be the difference in the end.  I hate that I'm currently starting 3 redskins receivers.  That might change

Hopefully you're wrong!  Thanks for taking the time to do such a thorough write up!

OUCH, it is a good thing you didn't lose any quality players. LOL

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:38 pm

man that week 1 sit from MIA and TBB might be the factor here.. Nice write up

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:39 pm

Excellent job Jason! Can't wait to read more.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:48 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Carolina Werewolves wrote:

Great write up.  I felt a whole lot better about my chances before having to take Evans, Landry, and Reshad Jones out of my lineup.  The downgrades to Doctson, Vernon Davis, and Morrison might be the difference in the end.  I hate that I'm currently starting 3 redskins receivers.  That might change

Hopefully you're wrong!  Thanks for taking the time to do such a thorough write up!

OUCH, it is a good thing you didn't lose any quality players.  LOL

I know, right? Dodged a bullet there

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:10 am

Good write up Jason. I am going to have to do a better job of paying attention to the minor league than I did during the draft and these articles will help.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am

Nice job, Jason!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:28 am

Great article Jason!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:01 pm

Nicely done Jason. I feel like it would be helpful to many people to see Matt do some losing. lol3

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:02 pm

I was going to try and start some trash talk with the Nukes here but I figured it would go something like this:

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:25 pm

I was going to try and start some trash talk with the Nukes here but I figured it would go something like this:

Since he won't see it, I'll respond on his behalf.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)   

Back to top Go down

Pigskins vs Nukes: Hellacious match up of the week (RR)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: