Share | 

Tom Brady QB NEP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Quote :
NEW YORK—Celebrating his legal victory as fresh steam swirled around his bare body, a naked, dripping wet Tom Brady was absolutely thrilled with the decision to overturn his four-game suspension, the imagination of federal judge Richard Berman confirmed Thursday. “He was so excited when he first heard the news in the middle of a long, hot shower, his strong fingers slowly running down the side of his taut, soapy abs while thinking about my verdict,” noted Berman’s fantasy, adding that several droplets of water gradually trickled down Brady’s glistening chest all the way to his toned pelvic muscles, where they hung so tantalizingly just below his waist. “Look at those biceps ripple as he reaches out from the curtain to grab a towel to rub himself down with. His moist, pink tongue caresses the top row of his perfect teeth before the name ‘Judge Berman’ quietly leaves those soft, supple lips, and then he shuts his eyes and slides one finger in and out of his mouth. He’s so tired, but the case is over now. It’s time to relax, Tom. Mmm, yes.” At press time, Berman’s imagination reported that Brady had just informed his wife, Gisele, that he is leaving her.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:07 am

sick sick sick sick sick sick

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:45 am

what. in. the. fuck?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:58 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Let's play football bitches!

cheers

good idea

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:42 pm

AMEN BROTHA!!!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:57 pm

If even a portion of this is true then the entire management and coaching staff of the Patriots must go:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:20 pm

I say it often that human beings sure know how to take something simple and complicate the fuck out of it. It's not hard to create rules to govern something and carry out those rules.

I would say that everyone involved in this stuff is guilty of being stupid and/or greedy. It should have been done right by the league and it wasn't, it should have been handled better by the league and it wasn't, it never should have had to go into a courtroom but of course it did and motherfucking politicians shouldn't spend one fuckin second on the NFL but of course they do.

I could do better so I am allowed to say as much.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:07 pm

I have not respected the Pats since the Rams lost that SB in 2002. What a bunch of dick bags

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
If even a portion of this is true then the entire management and coaching staff of the Patriots must go:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

15+ years of alleged cheating. Dozens of games filmed. Sending in "low level employees" to steal play sheets, I assume with a pair of those glasses with the fake nose and the bushy mustache.

No evidence.

Nobody putting their name on anything other than a couple of teams that lost a SB to the Patriots saying "I know they cheated because it seemed like they knew our plays."

Reports, reports, reports. Sources, sources, sources. From the same organization that is responsible for the "11 of the 12 balls were 2lbs underinflated each" report that they recanted like 20 minutes ago.

If there's so many owners behind this, why will nobody say any of this on the record? What's the problem with that?

Big league full of butthurt babies. 1st

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:42 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 1 wrote:
I have not respected the Pats since the Rams lost that SB in 2002. What a bunch of dick bags

Yeah how dare they win a Super Bowl against a 14 point favourite. Dick bags. rofl

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:46 pm

As far as I am concerned, there will always be a little asterisk next to all of the Patriots Superbowl "wins"

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:53 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
As far as I am concerned,   there will always be a little asterisk next to all of the Patriots Superbowl "wins"

That's fine, doesn't affect the enjoyment of my life at all. It's kinda like gay marriage or something. Walk around your whole life talking about asterisks, I will still die having lived an extremely blissful sports-fan life.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:42 pm

The comment wasn't directed at you...  just my opinion on the legacy of the "Cheatriots"

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Cheaters. They disgust me.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:52 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
Kingdom City Growlers 1 wrote:

Yeah how dare they win a Super Bowl against a 14 point favourite. Dick bags. rofl

Maybe Im still butt hurt too ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:57 am

Came within a couple completions of breaking an NFL record last night. He had 19 in a row I think?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:01 am

New England Nineties wrote:
Came within a couple completions of breaking an NFL record last night. He had 19 in a row I think?

I heard Tomlin was keeping a close track of Brady's progress while listening to the Patriots broadcast of the game.  The announcers kept talking about the streak.

lol3

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:51 am

Quote :
The U.S. Appeals court has reinstated Tom Brady's four-game suspension as a result of Deflategate in the 2014 playoffs.
The Patriots were reportedly bracing for this to happen after the NFL's appeal was heard last month. Brady will miss the Patriots' first four games against the Cardinals, Dolphins, Texans, and Bills before being able to return Week 5 against the Browns. He's still able to participate in training camp and preseason contests. Jimmy Garoppolo will slide in as the starter the first four weeks.

smile and wave

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:08 am

CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:14 am

Quote :
The Patriots were reportedly bracing for this to happen after the NFL's appeal was heard last month.  

Guess that means they have already placed recording devices in the four appropriate locker rooms...Do Brady/Kraft have to apologize to the Commissioner now?  embarrassed

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:24 am

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:26 am

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:35 am

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:13 pm

This news only upsets me because I have Gronk. But other then that, he gets what he deserves

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:41 am

Yeah, BB is going to hate going 0-4/1-3. Think they make the playoffs?

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:51 am

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Yeah, BB is going to hate going 0-4/1-3. Think they make the playoffs?

They go 2-2 at worst over that span... They'll be fine.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:35 am

Actually, I wouldn't count on Brady missing those games just yet... Brady is exactly the type of guy that will push this and appeal to the supreme court, which may very well get this case tied up in the legal system, buying him time and allowing him to play the season out after all... or so I have heard the possibility of that outcome existing... Perhaps someone here with more legal knowledge than me can weigh in on this...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:08 pm

Actually,   I wouldn't count on Brady missing those games just yet...   Brady is exactly the type of guy that will push this and appeal to the supreme court,  which may very well get this case tied up in the legal system,  buying him time and allowing him to play the season out after all...   or so I have heard the possibility of that outcome existing...    Perhaps someone here with more legal knowledge than me can weigh in on this...

I hope so. Or maybe they can just suspend him each of the next 4 week 17's. I need him for my lineup in the season!

laughing

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:19 pm

Actually,   I wouldn't count on Brady missing those games just yet...   Brady is exactly the type of guy that will push this and appeal to the supreme court,  which may very well get this case tied up in the legal system,  buying him time and allowing him to play the season out after all...   or so I have heard the possibility of that outcome existing...    Perhaps someone here with more legal knowledge than me can weigh in on this...

I heard something similar, but then the person reporting it said that the supreme court likely would not hear the case. Not sure if that means it would still tie up the process or not though

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:21 pm

I hope they don't let this creep waste any more time with appeals and garbage. Just take your suspension and shut up you big baby, you should have served it last year.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:59 pm

No chance the supreme court is going to waste time on this case when there are real actual challenges to worry about

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:02 pm

But he might get an appeal to the entire court of appeals...

smile and wave

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:48 pm

I would highly doubt that the Supreme Court takes this case.  While it is a case that the public is interested in, it certainly isn't a matter of great public interest or importance.  It's a collective bargaining/contractual dispute between a corporation and a contractor.  The Supreme Court isn't there to ensure that all matters are decided correctly.  Rather, it is there to intervene to prevent an injustice in matters of significant public interest or where certain freedoms, etc. are at risk or to clarify conflict in the Circuit Courts.

As for timing, if Brady appeals to the full panel of the Second Circuit, it is very likely that the matter would not be decided until after the 2016 season is finished.  The NFL could possibly try to expedite the case but there really isn't any reason to resolve this matter more expeditiously than other matters so I don't see them moving quickly. And there will likely be several opportunities for Brady to introduce delay into the process.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:09 pm

rofl rofl rofl

Oh man, is today a great day or what?  Sorry Tom, we'll miss you the first 4 weeks of the season.  But at least you can catch the Labor Day sales on man-Uggs.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Looks like 4 more weeks of this for Tommy:

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Jay Cutler to the rescue!!!!!!!!!

For me anyway. Knew there was a reason I kept that guy around.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:17 pm

GO AWAY TOM!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:21 pm

And he can do some more of this:

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Tom will be Terrific from week 5.

love

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:56 pm

England Dragons wrote:

love

Unfortunately the Dragons will have already suffered life threatening wounds...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:00 pm

England Dragons wrote:

love

8-4 makes the playoffs, no worries. And wins our bet too...

wink

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:49 pm

England Dragons wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

love

8-4 makes the playoffs, no worries. And wins our bet too...

wink

All that's left is stretching before we rumble...

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:08 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I would highly doubt that the Supreme Court takes this case.  While it is a case that the public is interested in, it certainly isn't a matter of great public interest or importance.  It's a collective bargaining/contractual dispute between a corporation and a contractor.  The Supreme Court isn't there to ensure that all matters are decided correctly.  Rather, it is there to intervene to prevent an injustice in matters of significant public interest or where certain freedoms, etc. are at risk or to clarify conflict in the Circuit Courts.

As for timing, if Brady appeals to the full panel of the Second Circuit, it is very likely that the matter would not be decided until after the 2016 season is finished.  The NFL could possibly try to expedite the case but there really isn't any reason to resolve this matter more expeditiously than other matters so I don't see them moving quickly. And there will likely be several opportunities for Brady to introduce delay into the process.

I am not an attorney, but what are the odds that the SC gives him his day in court? This isn't just a sports issue, but a labor one that could further define the employer/employee relationship.

It is much less important than when the SC heard Mohammad Ali's draft-dodging case in the 70s, but still important. I hope the SC hears it. Besides, who wouldn't want more court sketches like this one:

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:35 pm

I would put the odds at significantly less than 1%.  This really isn't a matter of public interest.  

And, even if he gets before the Supreme Court, he will likely need a 5-3 vote to win.  And I don't think that he can 5 votes.  That shouldn't play into whether Cert is granted but I think that it's out there.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I would put the odds at significantly less than 1%.  This really isn't a matter of public interest.  

And, even if he gets before the Supreme Court, he will likely need a 5-3 vote to win.  And I don't think that he can 5 votes.  That shouldn't play into whether Cert is granted but I think that it's out there.

1% is exactly the odds as I hear them.

I heard 800 submission go the the SC each year and that of the 800 an average of 80 per year are granted, which is exactly 1%.

I also heard it would be with one judge and not all of them, and it would be Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

2cents

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:17 pm

The first step would be to obtain a "stay" of the rulings below.  In essence, Brady is asking the Court to delay his suspension until the case can be heard.  If the stay application is denied, Brady serves his suspension and the incentive to litigate disappears.  I believe that RBG would hear the stay application in the first instance, although there may be a mechanism to apply to the whole Court -- but good luck with that.  

However, even if the stay is granted, it doesn't mean that he wins.  The next step would be whether Cert is granted.  If so, the stay would remain in place.  If not, the stay would dissolve.  If the Supremes take the case, it is likely that several amicus (non-parties who are interested in the case and the issues) would appear and there would be a briefing schedule.  Oral argument would follow and I would not expect a decision before April or May of next year.  Given the timing, it would likely be an 8 person Court.  And, even if Brady jumped through all of these hoops, I still think that he loses.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:19 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I heard 800 submission go the the SC each year and that of the 800 an average of 80 per year are granted, which is exactly 1%.

I also heard it would be with one judge and not all of them, and it would be Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

2cents

Isn't that 10%   wink

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:00 am

bow Wow, a mathematician in the house!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:14 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

2cents

Isn't that 10%   wink

If only he had a smartphone with a calculator.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:57 am

Calculators are SO 1999.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady QB NEP   

Back to top Go down

Tom Brady QB NEP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum