Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:09 am

Excitement is in the air as Week 1 is finally upon us and it’s time to take a look at the Monster Matchup in the TT division.  But how do we decide on which game to highlight when everyone is starting out with a clean slate at 0-0?  Well, there are 3 games where the outcome is pretty predictable – Oysters easily over the Brawlers, Divine in a landslide over the Nightmare, and the powerful Steel Cats cruising against the Goon Squad.  Not much to expound upon there.  Then we have two games involving newbies to the league – Charm City taking on the Knights and Mean Machine going up against the Pigskins.  These matchups will be competitive but it’s hard to put them in the spotlight when we have two original owners squaring off this week.  That’s right, folks, the Monster Matchup in TT this week can be none other than Han-Yang’s (Silent Assassin) Golddiggers vs. Dave’s (You’ll Rarely See Me Trade) Bombers.

vs.

Let’s take a look at what has transpired in this rivalry over the years.  In the inaugural season of 2012, Dave and Han-Yang did not meet in the regular season.  Neither made the playoffs and they ended up playing each other in Week 15 for a Slacker Scrimmage matchup which the Bombers won 332.28 to 300.28.

In 2013, they played each other in Week 9 of the regular season where once again, Dave came out on top by crushing Han-Yang 303.96 to 231.94.  Bombers made the playoffs – Golddiggers did not.

2014 found the two teams not playing each other again in the regular season.  Neither made the playoffs but matched up in Week 14 of the Consolation Bracket where Han-Yang finally got his revenge and beat Dave 303.62 to 279.90.

In 2015, they played each other in Week 8 of the regular season where Han-Yang’s strong 2014 draft paid off and he crushed the Bombers 319.76 to 255.42.  Both teams made the playoffs but did not face each other.  The Golddiggers went on to win the TT division.

Last year, we once again have the two original owners not facing off during the regular season.  And this is the first year that they haven’t played each other at all as Dave beats out Han-Yang in the All-Play record to deny him of a playoff berth.  So here we have the Golddiggers and Bombers with a 2-2 lifetime record against each other, making this 2017 Week 1 clash truly worthy of Monster Matchup status.  So which original owner will win the tiebreaker, claim supremacy, and become more excited than Matt getting a trade offer from the Mean Machine?

Let’s take a deeper look –

At QB, Han-Yang lucked out by having his 2nd round pick DeShone Kizer named the Week 1 starter for Cleveland.  The bad news is, he has to start a rookie Browns QB after losing Tannehill to injury. Ryan and Rodgers should put up similar numbers in their matchups so it comes down to Kizer vs. Wentz.  Too many interceptions and sacks for Kizer to not make this even close. Advantage: Bombers

The Golddiggers are going with only one RB vs. two TE's and just the opposite for the Bombers.  Bilal Powell has been playing well and should have a decent game against the Bills.  But will he outscore the duo of Hyde and Miller?  No.  Advantage: Bombers

I really like the WR matchup in this one, with each team putting up 5 strong players.  Of concern for the Golddiggers are Beckham's gimpy ankle and the consistency of Tyrell Williams and DeSean Jackson (how will he do on the Bucs?).  On the Bombers side, Dave has to hope that Keenan Allen is back to old form after injury and Kevin White takes advantage of his new #1 status on the Bears with Meredith going down.  Strengthening the Bombers at WR is the recent addition of Dez through the trade with Mean Machine but Han-Yang counters with Michael Thomas who should have a monster year.  Can we make a bold prediction that OBJ's ankle responds to treatment and he plays in a limited fashion?  Yes.  Advantage: Even

At TE, the Golddiggers made a big trade to get Gronkowski this year and pairs him up with Zach Ertz,  The Bombers go with the aging Delanie Walker who has to compete for targets with the likes of rookie Corey Davis, newly acquired Eric Decker, and the consistent Rishard Matthews.  Advantage: Golddiggers

Who brings the best kicker to the table?  Advantage:

Each team starts one DT, Buckner vs. Joseph.  Advantage: Even

Han-Yang is starting 3 DE's vs. 1 for Dave.  Do the math.  Advantage: Golddiggers

Just as with the WR's, I like the 4 LB's that each side brings to the matchup.  However, Brandon Marshall is coming off of an injury plagued season and Sean Lee is always an injury risk concern. Can the aging Posluszny still bring it and what kind of a season can we expect from Myles Jack?  I don't have a clue.  Advantage: Even

Each team starts one CB, Breeland vs. Cooper.  Which one is better?  Advantage:

The Bombers strengthened their already strong depth at S during the off-season by snatching Tony Jefferson away from the Oysters and are starting 4 against the Golddiggers 2.  Berry, Jefferson, Jones, and Neal are among the best in the league.  Enough said.  Advantage: Bombers

So what's the bottom line?  The Bombers squeak out a close one against the Golddiggers and claim the overall series advantage.  Does this mean we could have two newbies tied for the Chapter 6 lead after Week 1?  Yes, this is a very distinct possibility.  Do you all agree with me?

Last edited by Rocky Mountain Oysters on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:13 am

OMG OMG OMG!!! The season is here! You rocked it Ed!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:30 am

Great work Ed! I was SO excited to get a notification for an article being posted. Great choice for the matchup. Should be a close one.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:45 am

Great read. Here is to hoping you are right!

cheers

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:15 am

Great idea to look back at the series

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:47 am

love the history part too

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:48 am

That dolphin humping gif... wow.

It's cool seeing some of the rivalry history brought up in this. Nice work!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:13 am

Bravo Ed. Really starting the year off right with this one.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:38 am

Way to open up the article series!   overhead  I too liked the historical look back on the matchups.  Harrison Ford cussing?  Love it.  vote yes  With all the other TT games pretty much decided, I will be keeping an eye on this matchup.  Great Job!

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:33 pm

Bravo! Great way to start off Week 1.

The season is here. patriots

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:57 pm

This was an excellent read... Nice job

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Ed, we have a serious problem here.

That article was far better than anything I could put out!

Great job - you are a natural.

bow

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:58 pm

Thanks, Jon.  If you think it's the dog's bollocks then I'm happy.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:52 pm

Ed has awesome writing chops? Who gives a fuck!

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Nice job Ed!! Great writeup!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Great job Ed.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:49 pm

Awesome article Ed!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:56 pm

Great Job Ed!!

I'm not sure I like the idea of the Goldiggers starting Kizer....... But if that's your only option, then take the risk

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:49 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Thanks, Jon.  If you think it's the dog's bollocks then I'm happy.  laughing

ROFL

It is certainly the dog's bollocks or the mutt's nuts if you want the hip version!

cheers

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:08 am

Great read!! You rocked it Ed!! metal vote yes

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:47 am

I dont understand why Ed doesnt win all the leagues he is in.....who knew he had this much knowledge of players. Spot on, good job.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:55 am

Great read Ed. Certainly setting the bar high for the articles this year.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:59 am

Awesome! Ed knocked it out of the park on this one!

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:41 am

History will be made this week.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Great work Ed. I am so excited about football.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:58 am

Hell of a Job on your opening Article Ed. You set a high bar! Well Done!

thumbsup

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:02 am

Thanks to Russ, Todd, and hopefully Joe. Good game Dave.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:48 am

Don't get too excited, Han-Yang.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition   

Back to top Go down

Monster Matchup 2017 Week 1 - TT Edition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: