Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 pm

The History of the San Francisco Golddiggers

It all began at the "Temple of Heaven" Headquarters of the newly minted San Francisco Golddiggers.  A new franchise in a new league.
The year was 2012 and the Golddiggers were part of the inaugural Roster Wars auction.  They landed in Chapter 6 of the Terrible Twelve Conference.  

Han-Yang hand picked Bill Walsh to come out of retirement to be the Head Coach and chose Sun Tzu and Genghis Khan to be the Offensive and Defensive Coordinators respectively.  Forbidden City Stadium was quickly built, but went significantly over budget.  The wonderful views of San Francisco Bay came at a price to the franchise and its fanbase.  It meant No Team Mascot, it meant No Cheerleaders, and it meant No Fight Song.  Sacre Bleu!?!?! I say.  

This has fueled rumours that Joe Walsh of Eagles fame wants to buy 51% of the franchise and entertain the fan base during half time shows with cuts like "Life's Been Good" and "Rocky Mountain Way".  Walsh has also gone on record saying Tzu and Khan are two thousands years past their prime and would want young innovative minds brought in.  Now with Hang Yan being a Roster Wars OG this seems unlikely to materialize but the rumours just won't die, much like Party Man Walsh himself.

For your listening pleasure as you read through the article ... For the record, Walsh shot me a bottle of Barrique de Ponciano Porfidio to further his quest by promoting a couple of hits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXWvKDSwvls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt75y38J00s

Coaches: "HC" Bill Walsh, "OC" Sun Tzu, "DC" Genghis Khan
Team HQ: Temple of Heaven
Stadium: Forbidden City Stadium
No Mascot
No Cheerleaders
No Fight Song
No Fun ...  shrug

Golddiggers Seasonal Records

2012... 5-7    3641 Pts for and 3685 Pts against
2013... 5-7    3352 Pts for and 3424 Pts against
2014... 6-6    3682 Pts for and 3665 Pts against
2015... 9-3    3701 Pts for and 3416 Pts against
2016... 7-5    3580 Pts for and 3631 Pts against

Golddiggers Post Season Landing Spots and Results

'12... #07 seed in the Consolation Bracket ..... Results - L to the San Diego Killers, L to the Norfolk Bombers, L to the Las Vegas Degenerates
'13... #10 seed in the Consolation Bracket ..... Results - W vs the Decatur Demons, L to the Adelaide Empire, W vs the New Jersey Legionnaires, W vs the Baja Beatniks
'14... #07 seed in the Consolation Bracket ..... Results - W vs the Norfolk Bombers, L to the Naperville Divine, W vs the Minnesota Eternals
'15... #04 seed in the Roster Wars Bracket .. Results - W vs the N.E. Nineties, W vs the Mohawk Ridge Marauders, W vs the Philadelphia Pigskins (Won TT Champ), L to the England Dragons
'16... #07 seed in the Consolation Bracket ..... Results - W vs the Fugginshitshow, W vs the California Nightmare, L to the Indiana Mayhem

Golddiggers Rookie Drafting

2013 Draft Class

1.06    06.    Lacy, Eddie GBP RB (R)
2.06    18.    Franklin, Johnathan GBP RB (R)
2.10    22.    Dobson, Aaron NEP WR (R)
3.05    29.    Ertz, Zach PHI TE (R)
4.06    42.    Searcy, Da'Norris BUF S (VET)
5.01    49.    Reid, Eric SFO S (R)
5.11    59.    Swearinger, D.J. HOU S (R)
5.12    60.    Richardson, Sheldon NYJ DE (R)
6.06    66.    Thomas, Shamarko PIT S (R)
7.06    78.    Rhodes, Xavier MIN CB (R)
7.10    82.    Swope, Ryan ARI WR (R)

2014 Draft Class

1.03    03.    Cooks, Brandin NOS WR (R)
1.07    07.    Beckham, Odell NYG WR (R)
2.07    19.    Mosley, C.J. BAL LB (R)
2.08    20.    Shazier, Ryan PIT LB (R)
3.12    36.    Crowell, Isaiah CLE RB (R)
4.03    39.    Barr, Anthony MIN LB (R)
4.07    43.    Landry, Jarvis MIA WR (R)

2015 Draft Class

1.08    08.    Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB (R)  
2.08    20.    Anthony, Stephone NOS LB (R)  
3.06    30.    Smith, Devin NYJ WR (R)  
4.07    43.    Walford, Clive OAK TE (R)  
4.12    48.    Smelter, DeAndre SFO WR (R)  
5.06    54.    Ray, Shane DEN LB (R)  
6.06    66.    Phillips, Jordan MIA DT (R)  
7.06    78.    Grayson, Garrett NOS QB (R)  

2016 Draft Class

1.06    06.    Thomas, Michael NOS WR (R)
1.12    12.    Jack, Myles JAC LB (R)
3.01    25.    Buckner, DeForest SFO DE (R)
3.12    36.    Miller, Braxton HOU WR (R)
4.03    39.    Jenkins, Jordan NYJ LB (R)
4.12    48.    Cooper, Pharoh RAM WR (R)
5.10    58.    Robinson, A'Shawn DET DT (R)
5.12    60.    Williams, Jonathan BUF RB (R).
6.12    72.    Fackrell, Kyler GBP LB (R)
7.12    84.    Brown, Jatavis SDC LB (R)

2017 Draft Class

1.06    06.    Williams, Mike LAC WR (R)
2.06    18.    Kizer, DeShone CLE QB (R)
4.06    42.    Stewart, Ardarius NYJ WR (R)
5.06    54.    McNichols, Jeremy TBB RB (R)
6.06    66.    Riley, Duke ATL LB (R)
6.10    70.    Melifonwu, Obi OAK S (R)
7.06    78.    Swearinger, D.J. WAS S (VET)

Golddiggers Tagging

2013 Extension - Antonio Gates
2014 Extension - Julius Thomas
2015 Extension - Nigel Bradham
2016 Extension - Ryan Tannehill
2017 Extension - Davante Adams

2013 Transition Tag - Brian Hartline
2014 Transition Tag -
2015 Transition Tag - DeSean Jackson
2016 Transition Tag - Julius Thomas
2017 Transition Tag - Sean Lee

2013 Franchise Tag - Russell Allen
2014 Franchise Tag -
2015 Franchise Tag - Colin Kaepernick
2016 Franchise Tag - Jamal Charles
2017 Franchise Tag - Jatavis Brown

2013 Super Franchise Tag -
2014 Super Franchise Tag -
2015 Super Franchise Tag - Robert Quinn
2016 Super Franchise Tag -
2017 Super Franchise Tag -

2016 Compensation Tag -
2017 Compensation Tag -

Questions for Golddiggers Owner and GM Han-Yang

Q1 --  As an OG, what was your initial plan on how to build your roster?  What nuggets of gold did you unearth, and who did you hedge on that turned into a turd on you?

Q2 --  After the initial Auction Build what did you think were the strengths and weaknesses on your club?  What trades, cuts, sell offs have you done to play off your strengths and fix a weakness?  Did it work out for you?

Q3 -- Did you think the first year would result in a sub par 5 and 7 season and a loss in round 1 on the Consolation Bracket?   Was year 1 bad luck or a bad team?  Was the competition level at the RW greater than you thought it would be?

Q4 --  Since then the Golddiggers have produced 5 and 7, 6 and 6, 9 and 3, and 7 and 5 seasons.  Only once in the Main Roster Wars Playoff Bracket and 4 times in Consolation Bracket in those 5 seasons.  Why is your team producing mediocre  type seasons?  Thoughts on your seasons individually and as a whole?  How pleased or disappointed are you heading into 2017?

Q5 -- Where do you think your team will finish this year in the Chapter, in Record, and in the Brackets?

Q6 -- What do you think of your fellow Chapter 6 teams ... Oysters, Justice, and Goon Squad?  Who do you feel are the team(s) to beat in the TT?

Q7 -- You have now done 5 Rookie Drafts, please talk about your best hits and misses?  Best value picks?

Q8 -- You have now done 5 RFA Tagging Periods, please talk about your best decisions and worst decisions?  Best use of a Tag and Worst?

Q9 -- Best trades you have made to help your team and worst trade(s) you wish you had a do over on?  Who is the easiest team to with and who is the toughest?

Q10 --  What constitutes a good year this season and what would constitute a bad season this year?  Basically where are the bars set for the 2017 Golddiggers?

Last edited by Hamilton Steel Cats on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Love History section! You got a way with words Todd!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Great article Todd.

Look at that 2014 draft class!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Do we not get answers to the questions??

tough guy hissy fit eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:23 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Great article Todd.

was thinking the same thing

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Do we not get answers to the questions??

tough guy hissy fit eating popcorn

Yes, when Hang-Yan drops by and answers them. New year, new format. I submitted 10 Q's and you guys are free to ask and add your own should you so choose too. Aiming to add to the feedback and quality of the posts within the thread with this new approach. We shall see how it works out.

cool2

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:46 pm

The 2014 draft class rocks. However, as much as that rocked the 2012 Consolation Bracket results sucked. Losses to both the San Diego Killers and LV Degenerates in the same playoffs??? Amazin' Hang-Yan did not hang himself after that walk of shame.

wink

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:12 pm

Holy Fuck look at that 2014 draft class. That's about as perfect as it gets

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:51 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Great article Todd.

was thinking the same thing

Pretty amazing to get Barr in the 4th!

Good grief, what a draft.  Guess we know why HY won the TT a year later.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:23 am

Great Job on the article Todd!

And I agree, that 2014 draft was bad Ass for HY!!

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:33 am

Wow - honored to be in the same Chapter as the mighty Han-Yang.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:41 am

Wow apart from 2015 that is some impressive drafting!

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:01 am

He's better at drafting than answering questions. laughing

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:05 am

Q1 --  As an OG, what was your initial plan on how to build your roster?  What nuggets of gold did you unearth, and who did you hedge on that turned into a turd on you?
Pick 1 or 2 studs at QB, WR, RB, TE, DE, LB. Ignore PK, DT, CB, S till late. After getting the studs try and pick up players at good value based on my spreadsheet. And then draft a huge number of cheap rookies as my lottery tickets. Generally avoid paying a lot for rookies as it's hard to gauge their values. Avoid picking up older players regardless of value. 
Cam Newton was gold. Miles Austin not so much.

Q2 --  After the initial Auction Build what did you think were the strengths and weaknesses on your club?  What trades, cuts, sell offs have you done to play off your strengths and fix a weakness?  Did it work out for you?
I thought I had a balanced roster... but that left me with 5-7, 6-6 records. I've struggled to find RBs despite drafting one high in most years. I traded away Newton which was a huge mistake otherwise my QBs would be way better. I hate DTs and CBs in general. Those 4 are my weakest areas consistently. I've been pretty good at drafting WRs and LBs which give me a fighting chance most weeks. I'm pretty happy with my team now outside of RB.

Q3 -- Did you think the first year would result in a sub par 5 and 7 season and a loss in round 1 on the Consolation Bracket?   Was year 1 bad luck or a bad team?  Was the competition level at the RW greater than you thought it would be?
Didn't think I'd be 5-7 but it turned out that the auction draft wasn't so good for me. I don't remember any bad luck that season. Competition level is better now than it was then. Some total goofballs created a serious imbalance in TT.

Q4 --  Since then the Golddiggers have produced 5 and 7, 6 and 6, 9 and 3, and 7 and 5 seasons.  Only once in the Main Roster Wars Playoff Bracket and 4 times in Consolation Bracket in those 5 seasons.  Why is your team producing mediocre  type seasons?  Thoughts on your seasons individually and as a whole?  How pleased or disappointed are you heading into 2017?
The first 2 to 3 years were all due to the bad auction draft. Just good enough to not be embarrassed but outclassed most of the time. 2014 draft helped set me up for a good 2015 run. I lost Jamaal that year and I still was rocking it. 2016, if Jamaal had been healthy I think I could have made the playoffs. My weakness at RB hurt both years.

Q5 -- Where do you think your team will finish this year in the Chapter, in Record, and in the Brackets?
Chapter winner. 8-4. Champ!

Q6 -- What do you think of your fellow Chapter 6 teams ... Oysters, Justice, and Goon Squad?  Who do you feel are the team(s) to beat in the TT?
Not too worried about Chapter 6. Pigksins and Steelcats are the teams to beat.

Q7 -- You have now done 5 Rookie Drafts, please talk about your best hits and misses?  Best value picks?
As many noted, 2014 draft was a dream. These are probably my best later picks.
3.05    29.    Ertz, Zach PHI TE (R)
5.12    60.    Richardson, Sheldon NYJ DE (R)
7.12    84.    Brown, Jatavis SDC LB (R)
And I drafted Swearinger twice! Probably not many teams who have done that.

Q8 -- You have now done 5 RFA Tagging Periods, please talk about your best decisions and worst decisions?  Best use of a Tag and Worst?
2013 Franchise Tag - Russell Allen - he had a career ending injury right after this.
All my tags in general suck...

Q9 -- Best trades you have made to help your team and worst trade(s) you wish you had a do over on?  Who is the easiest team to with and who is the toughest?
This was very hard to swallow... always chasing RBs.
Adelaide Empire gave up Gillislee, Mike MIA RB;Ridley, Stevan NEP RB;Thomas, Julius DEN TE;Beason, Jon CAR LB; Year 2014 Round 4 Draft Pick from Adelaide Empire; $10.00 in blind bidding
San Francisco Golddiggers gave up Newton, Cam CAR QB;Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR
Sat Sep 21 2:32:22 p.m. ET 2013
This was pretty good...
Chicago Crime Syndicate gave up Brown, Antonio PIT WR;Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR;Carter, Bruce DAL LB; Year 2013 Round 5 Draft Pick from Chicago Crime Syndicate
San Francisco Golddiggers gave up Harvin, Percy MIN WR;Wright, K.J. SEA LB; Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from San Diego Killers
at Sat Sep 29 2:15:03 a.m. ET 2012
Then I did this...
San Francisco Golddiggers gave up Dalton, Andy CIN QB;Brown, Antonio PIT WR
Hamilton Steel Cats gave up Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.12;Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.12
Sun Feb 24 10:04:45 p.m. ET 2013

Q10 --  What constitutes a good year this season and what would constitute a bad season this year?  Basically where are the bars set for the 2017 Golddiggers?
Championship would be good. Missing playoffs would be bad.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:08 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Not too worried about Chapter 6.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:21 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:Not too worried about Chapter 6.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:21 am

I also noticed the 2014 draft first. Wow! Just wow!

Thanks for putting this together.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:56 am

LOL at division-mates being hurt because Han-Yang isn't worried about them.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:59 am

Nice layout Todd...easy to follow, and evaluate.  Thanks for the insight HY, helps complete the profile...and way to chap some butts in the division. laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:40 am

I've actually never won the Chapter. The time is now.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:19 pm

I've actually never won the Chapter. The time is now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Han Solo is already dead. Perfect.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:49 pm

Awesome job, Todd. Love the format.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Eric, some of these images don't show up. I have fixed em but if you want to make sure they appear and if not, and it appears it happens from that VIA GIPHY site, but you can right click on the image, select VIEW IMAGE INFO and copy/paste the location it gives you for the actual image.

FYI

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Double Burn.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:39 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Eric, some of these images don't show up.  I have fixed em but if you want to make sure they appear and if not, and it appears it happens from that VIA GIPHY site, but you can right click on the image, select VIEW IMAGE INFO and copy/paste the location it gives you for the actual image.

FYI
ok - ty

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:40 pm

Double Burn.
thanks dick - I was saying you had a good "burn" on Ed

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:41 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Eric, some of these images don't show up.  I have fixed em but if you want to make sure they appear and if not, and it appears it happens from that VIA GIPHY site, but you can right click on the image, select VIEW IMAGE INFO and copy/paste the location it gives you for the actual image.

FYI
ok - ty

No problem...I'll keep fixing them if it doesn't work for you.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:29 am

Thanks for taking care of business Hang-Yan and answering the Q's.

Thanks to all for any shout outs and or props.

Next up is the Goon Squad.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:59 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:

surprised surprised surprised

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:

surprised surprised surprised

Working on it right now as we speak. Got the file open and about to head into the Main Site for seasonal records. Will likely use a lot of the same 10 Q's, so start working/thinking on your answers Eric.

cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:57 am

Double Burn.
I am agreeing with you.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:18 am

Double Burn.
I am agreeing with you.
Oh...... doh

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers   

Back to top Go down

Back, and to the Future with the San Francisco Golddiggers