x

Share | 

Kenny Golladay WR DET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:03 pm

His hype train has officially left the station. 2 TDs in the first half, good body positioning on both to work back to underthrown balls. He's got NFL size and is in a good situation in Detroit, I think he could be for real.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:12 pm

I think he'll bust. But I'll give you a fourth for him. poking

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
I think he'll bust. But I'll give you a fourth for him. poking

Wish I had him, I ran out of money by the time he was nominated. Own him in many other leagues though I think he'll turn into something.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:37 pm

I love the hype for all these guys in the first preseason game. I want more!

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:45 pm

The hype for him is unreal. Along with others.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Yeah. Feels like this season is worse than most years (or I've just blocked the past stupidity out).

Back to top Go down
Kalamazoo Nukes

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:38 pm

I hope the hype is real but that never happens for the Lions. shrug

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:03 am

I just want the hype to get a lil more so my shares can be movable for a future 1st..

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:53 am

I'll jump on the bandwagon. I think the man has WR2 potential in 2 to 3 years and he brings a "Steve Smith" like attitude which could be good and bad.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:12 pm

His value may never be higher than it is right now. The hype is unreal. He's got to be damned good just to get a level return on his ADP.

We'll see.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:24 pm

I'm not so sure it is as much hype as some here seem to imply. Then man averaged more than 70+ receptions, 1100 rec yds and 9 tds the past 2 years. He has been an NCAA top 25 WR both his Jr and Sr years. And last season had 3 double-digit reception games. Yes he played in the MAC, but his numbers were better than 1st Round pick Joh Ross other than Ross' 17 TDs. Time will tell.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Kenny "Cheat Code" Golladay owner here. I will happily except all of the picks for him now lol. In all seriousness though I like the size speed combo he has and felt like I got a good deal on him as a prospect in our auction but only time will tell.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:40 pm

North Carolina Cobras wrote:
I'm not so sure it is as much hype as some here seem to imply. Then man averaged more than 70+ receptions, 1100 rec yds and 9 tds the past 2 years. He has been an NCAA top 25 WR both his Jr and Sr years. And last season had 3 double-digit reception games. Yes he played in the MAC, but his numbers were better than 1st Round pick Joh Ross other than Ross' 17 TDs. Time will tell.

I'm with you on this one. I feel like both his size and consistency raise his floor a little, makes him less likely to bust than the flashy speed guys like Ross. Size matters a lot more in the pros.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:40 pm

Polk High Panthers wrote:
I just want the hype to get a lil more so my shares can be movable for a future 1st..

Agreed. Love to pull a Tajae type cashout on him.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:

I'm with you on this one. I feel like both his size and consistency raise his floor a little, makes him less likely to bust than the flashy speed guys like Ross. Size matters a lot more in the pros.

Just ask guys like A Brown, S Moss, D jackson, TY Hilton, B Cooks, T Hill, and on and on and on....

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Settle down Dr. House

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

Just ask guys like A Brown, S Moss, D jackson, TY Hilton, B Cooks, T Hill, and on and on and on....

Rolling Eyes

I will, but first I have to talk to M Evans, AJ Green, Megatron, L Fitzgerald, Gronk...

For real though you always have to worry about how rookies will learn to adapt to the NFL, to do things like fight through the press and learn to block for RBs. Not to say the learning curve is greater for one or the other, as there are certainly great examples of both types of players, but I think the added size gives rookie receivers a bit more of a cushion to fall back on should they have trouble adapting initially.

Back to top Go down
Kalamazoo Nukes

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I will, but first I have to talk to M Evans, AJ Green, Megatron, L Fitzgerald, Gronk...

For real though you always have to worry about how rookies will learn to adapt to the NFL, to do things like fight through the press and learn to block for RBs. Not to say the learning curve is greater for one or the other, as there are certainly great examples of both types of players, but I think the added size gives rookie receivers a bit more of a cushion to fall back on should they have trouble adapting initially.

ask Steve Smith if little WRs can block. blocking for WRs is more able will than about size, they aren't blocking anyone huge

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:36 am

Kenny G. Was a player I targeted as a sleeper in many leagues. I totally disagree that his value is at his peak though. If he has a good game in pre seasonweek 3 when starters play through the first half.......$ in the bank for Kenny G owners. I am not a seller though, he does have a good size speed combo, was productive in college and had a large market share of production. 3 big things for me in pro evaluation.

Add in Stafford being a top talent on a team that has weak receivers. ......good stuff.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:50 am

Too early to board the hype train on this guy. It was 1 game against an always suspect Colts 1st team defense.

Like Werewolves said, wait till week 3 and see how he does against a full half of regular season starters. Don't buy the hype just yet

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:05 am

I'm in the fan club. Liked him pre draft and everything I've seen/heard since has been positive. Should have drafted him.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
I'm in the fan club. Liked him pre draft and everything I've seen/heard since has been positive. Should have drafted him.

You did pretty well without him.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:25 pm

I would sell him for a 2nd if I could get it for him.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:27 pm

A 2nd? He was drafted in the 2nd in most leagues. Wow

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Carolina Werewolves wrote:

Maybe if everyone in those leagues were high or there was no IDP.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:02 pm

He's a size/speed player who runs mediocre-to-bad routes. Translation: a freak athlete who's had some combination of mediocre coaching and mediocre want-to until now. Pretty typical of lower-tier FBS prospects.

But shit, looked like he wanted it last week. I think he's gonna be good, but maybe temper expectations for this year. NFL corners are going to push him around until he works on his footwork and timing.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:19 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:

Yeah, in what world was he drafted in the 2nd round?

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:

Looks like in RW he was drafted at 5.02 according to what we see on MFL.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Not every league is an IDP league gents.....in actuality the majority of leagues arent....lol

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Kansas City Kings wrote:

Yeah, in what world was he drafted in the 2nd round?

2 of my leagues below that are drafting right now 2.02 and 2.14. 2.14 one is IDP with dispersal teams and he still went in the 2nd round (11th rookie overall). Mind you, that league is full of idiots.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:07 pm

11th overall is ridiculous. IDP or not

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Not every league is an IDP league gents.....in actuality the majority of leagues arent....lol

But this is IDP and he would take a 2nd here.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
He's a size/speed player who runs mediocre-to-bad routes. Translation: a freak athlete who's had some combination of mediocre coaching and mediocre want-to until now. Pretty typical of lower-tier FBS prospects.

But shit, looked like he wanted it last week. I think he's gonna be good, but maybe temper expectations for this year. NFL corners are going to push him around until he works on his footwork and timing.

What you don't see in the beginning of this play, is a double team, (which was the case more often than not in his games).  He works the Safety (#23) to the inside then, baits the Corner (#1) to follow before breaking out to the flag.  Corner recovers, but Golladay makes the play over him as the Safety tries to get there.  Trust me, I know how film goes, for every good play there's a bad; but I watched more than a few clips of this Kid, and would definitely not consider him a "mediocre or bad" route runner....footwork/timing look pretty good too.   wink    Is he going to do anything with it?   shrug   But the combination of his skill set, and landing spot gives him the all important "opportunity".

...and YES, I would trade him.   ROFL    

Last edited by Oaktown Malosos on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

funny post

What you don't see in the beginning of this play, is a double team, (which was the case more often than not in his games).  He works the Safety (#23) to the inside then, baits the Corner (#1) to follow before breaking out to the flag.  Corner recovers, but Golladay makes the play over him as the Safety tries to get there.  Trust me, I know how film goes, for every good play there's a bad; but I watched more than a few clips of this Kid, and would definitely not consider him a "mediocre or bad" route runner....footwork/timing look pretty good too.   wink    Is he going to do anything with it?   shrug   But the combination of his skill set, and landing spot gives him the all important "opportunity".

...and YES, I would trade him.   ROFL    

I'll be that guy. That's just a nice incomplete pass in the NFL...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:26 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

I'll be that guy.  That's just a nice incomplete pass in the NFL...

Of course you will... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:26 pm

Yeah I’d think great route running needs separation. He’ll need more space in the NFL or that gets swatted away. Still a good catch. I don’t own him anywhere but have no ill will towards him.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:48 pm

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/08/16/detroit-lions-camp-observations-kenny-golladay-first-team/574567001/

Golladay running with the ones. Choo Choo motherfuckers all aboard the hype train!

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Nice. He high-pointed a ball off a corner route against a guy he might have 4 to 5 inches on, and who never turns his head. I haven't watched a ton of film on him, but I imagine he looks pretty good on plays where he basically runs straight downfield and jumps over short, two-star corners playing in the MAC.

You know what else you don't see on the video? That "Toldedo" had their no. 1, 6'3" corner on the other side of the field.

I think he's going to be a good player. Jordy Nelson he ain't (yet).

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Nice. He high-pointed a ball off a corner route against a guy he might have 4 to 5 inches on, and who never turns his head. I haven't watched a ton of film on him, but I imagine he looks pretty good on plays where he basically runs straight downfield and jumps over short, two-star corners playing in the MAC.

You know what else you don't see on the video? That "Toldedo" had their no. 1, 6'3" corner on the other side of the field.

I think he's going to be a good player. Jordy Nelson he ain't (yet).

Redzone defense, it makes sense to me...put my best CB on one side, and double team on the other.

Never implied he was JN or anyone else...just provided an explanation and example, to demonstrate his route running may not be quite as bad as you suggest. Like I said, he has "opportunity"...

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:55 pm

I don't hate the play call, necessarily. And it doesn't help the double-team when the safety is at the hashes (not looking at his assignment) when the ball is thrown to the sideline. Just pointing out that Golladay is matched up one-on-one with a really inferior opponent, against an apparently broken play on defense, and the corner still could have defended the pass if he turned when Golladay jumped.

You could be right. Just seemed to me that Golladay's plus skill isn't actually skill but talent. He's tall and strong, and he catches a lot of balls that he shouldn't. He doesn't seem to get a lot of separation unless he just straight runs past a dude, but he can muscle the cover to the side when he needs to. All that is a lot easier done in the MAC than the NFL, but Golladay embarrassed Quincy Wilson on several plays last week, and that's a second-round pick out of the SEC.

Here's a Lions hype video:

That's a lot of straight-line running, because that's what he's good at. The jet sweeps show off his amazing athleticism. What you don't see are all the times he lost sense of where he was and led the pass out of bounds, because even running in a straight line, he's not the best route runner.

Teach Golladay six routes and, baby, you got a stew going.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Just seemed to me that Golladay's plus skill isn't actually skill but talent. He's tall and strong, and he catches a lot of balls that he shouldn't.

Excellent point, if you can qualitatively separate the two...but hard, at least for me, to distinguish the difference. wink

I grabbed him in the fifth, though would have taken him with the fourth...didn't have a pick there. Cool Happy to have a three year lotto ticket; but as we all know, more end up in the Fantasy grave yard, than the HOF. cheers

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:16 am

I certainly like what I've seen and heard about him as a Detroit fan. I don't own him in any of my three leagues. Someone mentioned Tajae and I think the comparisons are illustrative. Last year, I tried to get him in all of my leagues with a 2017 1st and not a single team accepted. sweat

Sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't make.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 pm

choo choo... Kenny Golladay hype train coming to a town near you.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Dude is legit AF.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Real Deal? or Let's make a Deal?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:09 pm

I think its the real deal! Wish I had him here!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:43 am

Ok, he had a really good game yesterday. Was really shocked he was able to get behind that secondary.

I have one foot on the hype train, just need to see him do this a couple more weeks and I will then be on board!!

Choo, Choo

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:19 am

Yeah being a lifelong Lions fan I was slow to get on this train because nothing ever works out...but...after watching him yesterday I'm now squarely at the train station ready to jump on. I want to watch the game again and see his routes. I think he was on the 3rd DB most the day but still was impressed with what I did see.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:11 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Ok, he had a really good game yesterday.  Was really shocked he was able to get behind that secondary.

I have one foot on the hype train, just need to see him do this a couple more weeks and I will then be on board!!

Choo, Choo

...and he's for sale for a very reasonable price.
 wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Golladay WR DET   

Back to top Go down

Kenny Golladay WR DET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: