Share | 

Minor League Articles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:55 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
I have an idea something I have been mulling over. In UK soccer we have the League and simultaneously they have knock-out cup competitions.

I was thinking I could mock up a kind of unofficial knock-out style cup competition. Just for fun really, with imaginary match-ups based on the draw.

Not sure if Andy/Carla like the idea they could maybe throw out a few WBs to the winner.
I was thinking format something like this:

- First 4 weeks is simply qualifying points. Only 16 teams get entry based on total points scored over first 4 weeks. 16 teams makes it easier for knock out purposes.
- Cup draw is then seeded, top points scorer vs lowest points scorer and so on...
-Week 6 is 1st round - 8 games (16 teams)
- Week 8 is Quarter Final - 4 games (8 teams)
- Week 10 is Semi Final - 2 games (4 teams)
Week 12 is Final - 1 game (2 teams)

Winner Takes all.

Obviously I would jazz it up a little and get some decent graphics together for the draw and do a review on the match ups etc.
Also I guess depending on the draw there would be some cross division match-ups which could be quite cool for a bit of banter with people in the other division also.

I really like this idea. Like you said it's similar to how there is the regular league and cup tournaments alongside league games.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:56 am

I have an idea something I have been mulling over. In UK soccer we have the League and simultaneously they have knock-out cup competitions.

I was thinking I could mock up a kind of unofficial knock-out style cup competition. Just for fun really, with imaginary match-ups based on the draw.

Not sure if Andy/Carla like the idea they could maybe throw out a few WBs to the winner.

- First 4 weeks is simply qualifying points. Only 16 teams get entry based on total points scored over first 4 weeks. 16 teams makes it easier for knock out purposes.
- Cup draw is then seeded, top points scorer vs lowest points scorer and so on...

Winner Takes all.

Obviously I would jazz it up a little and get some decent graphics together for the draw and do a review on the match ups etc.
Also I guess depending on the draw there would be some cross division match-ups which could be quite cool for a bit of banter with people in the other division also.

I really like this. I wouldn't mind seeing 2 week matchups though to account for bye weeks.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:06 pm

In case anyone in the minors doesn't normally check out the articles that are posted in the Wartime Press section, Collin just started his preseason write ups, so check it out!

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

Winner Takes all.

I really like this.  I wouldn't mind seeing 2 week matchups though to account for bye weeks.

I love this.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:29 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
In case anyone in the minors doesn't normally check out the articles that are posted in the Wartime Press section, Collin just started his preseason write ups, so check it out!

It is good shit! Great job Collin

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Winner Takes all.

I support this. Great idea!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:41 pm

I thought I already posted it but guess not. When you guys post an article in the WARTIME PRESS section that is for the Minor League....to the right of the thread title you can select a color for the thread title to be....please choose BROWN. This will differentiate from the Main League and be visible (some of the colors aren't).

Also, anyone with an article who wants a header graphic like I have done for the other articles, just hit me up. You don't have to figure that shit out on your own.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:08 pm

Working on a "Race From The Pink" just like Craig's in the main league. Will publish weekly in-season.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Awesome!  Thanks for stepping up everyone who has so far!

A few owners said they want to write but aren't sure what to do.  Here are some of the main league articles we do that haven't been claimed yet:

In Season:
-A weekly recap on Tuesdays.
-A Sunday night/Monday morning article previewing what happened on Sunday in matchups and what they need from the MNF game.
-Someone to pair with Jason or Matt on the matchup of the week/ full week preview so we have one in each conference.
-A weekly power ranking (we do offense/defense in main league)

Off Season:
-Anyone else who wants to do a power ranking type article.
-A draft preview
-RFA preview

Or obviously if you want to do something original go for it!

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:56 am

I'll take matchup of the week for PP

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Decided to not do matchup of the week, instead I will be doing a Performance of the week in which I will go in depth and analyze one excellent performance from the past week, whether it be an individual, a coach, a team, etc

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Winner Takes all.

Yo, Paul. Don't want to put you on blast because this sounds like a lot of work (so no worries if can't come together), but are you going to be able to do this? Loved the idea. I could potentially help out tracking scoring or something if needed.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:32 am

Tenafly Vipers wrote:

Winner Takes all.

Yo, Paul. Don't want to put you on blast because this sounds like a lot of work (so no worries if can't come together), but are you going to be able to do this? Loved the idea. I could potentially help out tracking scoring or something if needed.

I am all for this. It is up to Andy if we pass out WBs though. Honestly I think at first we were expecting the Minor league to be good/great with activity but you all are killing it! Maybe we can talk him into something. He is the Prez afterall I am only the Princess.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:27 am

Hey Collin / Carla.

Yes I have been working on this and will put a proper update on the War Time Press section shortly - I should have it sorted by tomorrow afternoon.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:29 pm

Hey Collin / Carla.

Yes I have been working on this and will put a proper update on the War Time Press section shortly - I should have it sorted by tomorrow afternoon.

cheers rock on vote yes metal

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:45 pm

Hey Collin / Carla.

Fuck yeah! Awesome, bud! drink

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:57 am

Hey Collin / Carla.

Great news

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Thinking about doing a weekly recap article (untitled as of yet) using optimized lineups. What would the standings be if everyone was a perfect coach? Tuesday's are great for me to get it done.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:31 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Thinking about doing a weekly recap article (untitled as of yet) using optimized lineups. What would the standings be if everyone was a perfect coach? Tuesday's are great for me to get it done.

Sounds cool.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Articles   

Back to top Go down

Minor League Articles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: