Share | 

Poaching Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:44 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
Good move Ed. Riley was on my radar as well. I would have done the same deal if I had a 5th which the whore of late round draft picks (Russ) wouldn't trade back to me. So fuck Russ.

I love you too Greg.  Maybe you need to offer up some better bait.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I'm not sure about the WB's being thrown around in these deals. It's part of the WB value phenomenon where WB's when being asked for in a trade with legit players is "crazy talk", but when signing longshots off of taxi squads WB's are flying around like Benjamin's at a strip club with Pacman Jones. I don't get it.
WB's aren't as rare over here as they are over there - but I get your point

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
California Nightmare wrote:
Good move Ed. Riley was on my radar as well. I would have done the same deal if I had a 5th which the whore of late round draft picks (Russ) wouldn't trade back to me. So fuck Russ.

I love you too Greg.  Maybe you need to offer up some better bait.

was thinking about it too - but didn't have the 5th

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I'm not sure about the WB's being thrown around in these deals. It's part of the WB value phenomenon where WB's when being asked for in a trade with legit players is "crazy talk", but when signing longshots off of taxi squads WB's are flying around like Benjamin's at a strip club with Pacman Jones. I don't get it.

It seems like WB's are more easily spent during RFA's and poaching because they are just gone and not given to the other guy as in a trade.  "I'll spend my WB's but I'll be damned if you get them."  laughing

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

It seems like WB's are more easily spent during RFA's and poaching because they are just gone and not given to the other guy as in a trade.  "I'll spend my WB's but I'll be damned if you get them."  laughing
I've been trying to trade WB's for players..... hasn't been working to say the least

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

I've been trying to trade WB's for players..... hasn't been working to say the least

That is because all the tight sons of bitches in TT hoard them, so they have little value.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:29 pm

I'm happy. I got about the same value pick and made someone spend 20wb and 4 contract years. Please come after my other player.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:12 am

Maybe this answer is somewhere, but logistical question about poaching:

If I'm at 120 years and want to poach someone, do I have to clear out the years before I even make the attempt, or can I see if it is successful before dropping a player?

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:38 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

If I'm at 120 years and want to poach someone, do I have to clear out the years before I even make the attempt, or can I see if it is successful before dropping a player?

My feeling. If you don't have the capital (wb's, picks or years) you should not be allowed to poach. Cause if it was allowed it could be used as an instrument to screw with other owners.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

My feeling. If you don't have the capital (wb's, picks or years) you should not be allowed to poach. Cause if it was allowed it could be used as an instrument to screw with other owners.

agree

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:22 am

I think J.3B covers this. You have to have room when making attempt.
Quote :
Any team may attempt to poach a player from another franchises practice squad (within their conference) so long as they have the room for the player on their team and the costs needed.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:37 am

I agree with WB's and picks because they obviously have to be available to do the deal. But I think years can be addressed by having the poacher drop players only if the poach is successful. Can't you offer a trade that would put you over your contract year cap and then make the appropriate drops if the trade is accepted?

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:02 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I'm happy. I got about the same value pick and made someone spend 20wb and 4 contract years.

Time will tell.  When Tom looks back on this in "Where Are They Now", we shall see how this turned out.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:07 am

I agree with WB's and picks because they obviously have to be available to do the deal.  But I think years can be addressed by having the poacher drop players only if the poach is successful.  Can't you offer a trade that would put you over your contract year cap and then make the appropriate drops if the trade is accepted?

Nope, pretty sure you can't.  Trades are automatically processed and you'd be subject to a fine and I don't think they go through if you're over the 120 cap.  I mean, I guess you could work out the parameters of a trade via email or whatever. . But, once the "accept" button is pressed, everything needs to be in order.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:35 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
I guess you could work out the parameters of a trade via email or whatever. . But, once the "accept" button is pressed, everything needs to be in order.

Yeah, that's why I was thinking it should be OK to make the poach attempt before everything is in order but make sure it is before Andy processes the successful poach transaction.  But Han-Yang's posting of the appropriate rule section doesn't appear to support this.  I'm sure RWP will be here in due time to confirm.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:05 am

You need to have room for a player you are attempting to poach. Han-Yang quoted the bylaw that spells that out.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
You need to have room for a player you are attempting to poach.  Han-Yang quoted the bylaw that spells that out.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:38 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
In hopes of strengthening their backfield, the Nevada NightHawks will attempt to Poach:

Practice Squad Player:

RB  Marlon Mack (Indianapolis Colts)

Contract Offer:
3 Years
$15 WB's
2018 2nd Round Pick (Titletown Tyrants)

eating popcorn

Hey DD - Andy needs some WB's.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:49 am

Awesome.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:14 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
In hopes of strengthening their backfield, the Nevada NightHawks will attempt to Poach:

Practice Squad Player:

RB  Marlon Mack (Indianapolis Colts)

Contract Offer:
3 Years
$15 WB's
2018 2nd Round Pick (Titletown Tyrants)

eating popcorn

Hey DD - Andy needs some WB's.

What's strange is I won't even get an offer trying to get away with something sly.

@Bern...I acknowledge your attempt and regret not banning you for some trumped up charges in recent weeks. My finger hovers over the ban button now but realize it won't stop what you've already set in motion.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:24 am

I'd be giddy about getting a 2nd Rd pick for Mack. You can upgrade the position next year.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:47 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I'd be giddy about getting a 2nd Rd pick for Mack. You can upgrade the position next year.

Exactly.

Even better that it's costing Bern 15 of his 25 WBs high five

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:01 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:

Exactly.

good post

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:04 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Exactly.

good post

Let's see, Mack was drafted at 3.02.  I gave up the Tyrant's 2nd round pick, which should be no worse than 2.10, but I predict it to be 2.12, which basically means I only gave up 3 spots to get Mack.  Or you're thinking the Eternals drafting him at 3.02 was way too early? coffee   He did go at 4.04 to the Mean Machine on the TT side.  I was planning on going into the off-season with some of the most WB's in DD, but I'd rather have Mack.  Frank Gore is 34 freakin years old.  Face it, he's done.  By the end of next season(2018), Mack will have more rushing yards than Melvin Gordon. Heck, if Leonard Fournette keeps having reoccurring foot problems, he may even out-gain him this season.  I had to go with the 3 year contract for a couple of reasons.  (1.)  A one year deal makes no sense to poach a player using pick #2.12  (2.)  All my RB's not on 1-year contracts are sitting on 2-year contracts.  I didn't want to add another 2-year RB, so I opted to put him on a 3 year deal instead.  I know Andy has the years to cover Mack, but I don't see him being able to swing a deal within 72 hours to get the WB's as there's only a few teams in the DD with enough to trade away.  Since the last DD trade was back on July 11th, a 72 hour deal is out the window.  Yes, I just made a challenge to the DD  tongue .  So there ain't no stopping the new, scrappy NightHawk's running attack of Chris Carson & Marlon Mack beginning in 2018(heck, maybe even as early as Week #6 in 2017)!  cheers

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:27 pm

One thing I love about Bern is we always get a detailed explanation of why he does things.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:31 pm

One thing I love about Bern is we always get a detailed explanation of why he does things.
vote yes

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Nothing wrong with the move Bern - makes perfect sense. It's just good to see what few WB's are left in DD being dwindled down.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:09 pm

No offers in my inbox. I pity the fans of the other DD teams because clearly their owners don't care enough to even try to turn a few WBs into something.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:19 pm

After what Carla did to Bern in RFA's, I'm surprised she's not jumping all over this one.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Good move Bern. This Poaching addition has spiced up an awesome league even more. Love it!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:24 pm

No offers in my inbox. I pity the fans of the other DD teams because clearly their owners don't care enough to even try to turn a few WBs into something.

I'd be surprised if you got one.

15WBs is a huge amount in DD. There are only 6 teams that could send you 15WBs and of those, 4 have between 21 and 24 left so would be sending you 62 - 72% of their stash.

I'd need a heck of a deal to make me spend that amount and would make no sense for you just to save an unproven player like Mack.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:48 pm

England Dragons wrote:

15WBs is a huge amount in DD. There are only 6 teams that could send you 15WBs and of those, 4 have between 21 and 24 left so would be sending you 62 - 72% of their stash.

I'd need a heck of a deal to make me spend that amount and would make no sense for you just to save an unproven player like Mack.

shrug

Nailed it Jon...I immediately looked at Andy's trade bait...No one of interest...Next scoured the roster; and also based on prior negotiations, just no one I would want, that Andy would give for the 15 WB's...for a RB, that while a possible stop gap for Gore this year, is likely not the long term answer.  Glad to see Bern spend the draft pick and WB's...now I can poach off him...  Evil laugh

Besides, isn't the one in need, supposed to be the one that goes begging???  
wink

Last edited by Oaktown Malosos on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:21 pm

I would if I wasn't WB poor.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Nice thing about the 72 hours, it allows everyone a chance to give their 2cents .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Nice thing about the 72 hours, it allows everyone a chance to give their 2cents .
I'm doing more then that Ed. I'm giving Andy some alternatives.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I have the WBs, but I will wait until Andy comes knocking for some of them wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Andy might not need the WBs anymore. There is a new RB that he may be considering now! make fun

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Good move Bern. This Poaching addition has spiced up an awesome league even more. Love it!

Is it just me, that when you read Sty's post and look at his profile, it seems like that is the exact comment he is making when that photo was taken?  Eerie!   shrug   vote yes

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

shrug

Nailed it Jon...I immediately looked at Andy's trade bait...No one of interest...Next scoured the roster; and also based on prior negotiations, just no one I would want, that Andy would give for the 15 WB's...for an RB, that while a possible stop gap for Gore this year, is likely not the long term answer.  Glad to see Bern spend the draft pick and WB's...now I can poach on him...  Evil laugh

Besides, isn't the one in need, supposed to be the one that goes begging???  
wink

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:52 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:

Im still on board with this... despite the explanation of Bern.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:02 pm

This is why I dont let anyone on my TS

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:25 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

Besides, isn't the one in need, supposed to be the one that goes begging??? [/color] wink

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:

If only I had some extra time. Just don't hold your breath while you wait Derrick. haha

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Take the 2nd and run!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Agree with Ian.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:18 pm

I agree with Ian too.....................

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:27 pm

I like Mack, he has promise

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Anyone know how to turn off text messages for a few days?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:22 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Anyone know how to turn off text messages for a few days?

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:27 pm

ROTFLMAO @Matt...

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Practice Squad Player:
RB Tarik Cohen (7.03)

Contract Offer:
1 Year
0 WBs
Kane County Goon Squad 2018 6th Round Pick

Was waiting for this...surprised no one went after Cohen sooner.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:05 pm

i would have if I had years available

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poaching Discussion Thread   

Back to top Go down

Poaching Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum