Hakeem Nicks WR NYG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 24, 2012 12:54 pm

cry2

Quote :
Clipped from the Michael Eisen article: "Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks fractured the fifth metatarsal of his right foot this morning during the team’s second OTA (organized team activity) workout. Nicks suffered the injury early in practice as he was running a route during individual drills in the Timex Performance Center field house."

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:52 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 24, 2012 1:23 pm

And there is the first injury on my team. Should be back in late August.... time will tell

As an Eagles fan part of me is even smiling. Rueben Randle anyone?

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Man I love this guys game but he is so injury prone.
Actually don't own him anywhere...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 24, 2012 1:26 pm

I own Randle but would rather see Nicks healthy. Even if he is back in action after 12 weeks I'd figure he'd take it slow. Has to have a freaking screw in his foot. Guy just can't seem to stay healthy for a whole year.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 24, 2012 1:28 pm

A broken foot is better then a tear though so I will take it.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Coach Tom Coughlin acknowledged that Hakeem Nicks' (fractured foot) status for the Sept. 5 season opener is "probably going to be close."

ESPN's Adam Schefter hinted that the 12-week timetable provided by the Giants is pretty optimistic. The team will have a better idea after Friday's surgery. If Nicks does take 12 weeks or more to heal, Coughlin concedes, "you're going to be sitting right up next to that opening game, and we certainly hope that Hakeem is correct in saying that he heals fast." We no longer feel confident about drafting a more risky Nicks in the first three or four rounds this summer.

Sounds like a close call.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri May 25, 2012 10:17 am

Rotoworld

Quote :
One person familiar with Hakeem Nicks' fractured foot told ESPN's Adam Schefter that it's "more like a 4-6 week injury."

Nicks has a fractured fifth metatarsal, which is the same injury suffered by Cowboys rookie Danny Coale earlier in the week. We had wondered about the timetable discrepancy, as Coale was expected to be sidelined for roughly a month. We should have a better idea on Nicks' true timetable after surgery is performed on Friday. His status for opening day may not be in question after all.

Wait and See approach now

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri May 25, 2012 11:36 am

I wouldn't necessarily say that healing from this injury means that his status for opening day is not in question. He'll probably just hurt himself again

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:39 am

Nicks is a guy who may never play the full 17 week season. He is so good that the 12-13 weeks a year that he does play, he will have a huge impact on the Giants and your fantasy team. I am not sure that I think due to reliability that I would want him over Cruz long term. The talent is there though. He has awesome hands.

I drafted him in the first round and ended up trading him for Fitz and a 3rd rounder in 2013 before the injury. (maybe a week before actually) Kind of happy I made that move.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:07 am

(FFToday) After Hakeem Nicks broke his foot in May, the New York Giants receiver said he'd be back for the start of training camp. We're weeks away, but Nicks isn't. He told teammates Victor Cruz at Wednesday's ESPYs that he was aiming to be on the field forNew York'sWeek1 affairwith theDallasCowboys. "Helooks good. He's walking again on his own so that's definitely a good sign," Cruz told The Star-Ledger on Friday. "He told me he'll be ready and he told me he'll take training camp to continue rehabbing and continue to get his foot back right, but I definitely expect him to be ready by game one."

Analysis: If Nicks is back for Week 1, he is unlikely to be in ideal playing shape. It might take three or four games before the talented receiver finds his stride.
wont bother me if he is not 100% for the first game.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:31 am

It will bother me. Love the guy in real life but in fantasy having a WR1 who always misses 2-3 weeks a year is a liability. (yes he says he will be 200% but we will see) I am buying Cruz everywhere.He is `cheaper by a couple of rounds in most drafts and will give you about the same fantasy production.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:59 am

(RotoWire) Nicks (foot) will open training camp on the physically unable to perform list, the Bergen Record reports. Analysis: Nicks, who had surgery on his right foot in late May, has just begun running in a wading pool. Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said Nicks hasn't had any sort of setback and he's still expected to return within the 12-week timetable originally set for his return.

Good move here. Let him heal. Stud

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:48 pm

Quote :
Hakeem Nicks (foot surgery) has been activated from the camp/PUP list.

It's an earlier than expected return for New York's No. 1 receiver, but coach Tom Coughlin hinted earlier Monday Nicks would be back "soon." Per league rules, Nicks must practice without pads for three days, but he'll be full-go by the weekend. It's doubtful he'll suit up for Saturday's game against the Jets, but he'll be ready to roll for New York's August 24 regular season dress rehearsal against the Bears. Rotoworld's No. 7 receiver, Nicks can be safely drafted as the linchpin of your receiver corps.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:43 pm

party5

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:16 pm

He will still miss 2-3 games. Mark it down. I really hope I am wrong though since I own him in several leagues.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:55 pm

I like the guy but I am not holding my breath. If he plays in the preseason the Giants should be investigated for doing drugs.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:10 pm

YES!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:59 am

Quote :
Hakeem Nicks (foot surgery) practiced at nearly 100 percent on Sunday.

Analysis: Nicks has encountered no issues since returning full-team practice one week ago. "He practiced at pretty close to full speed [Sunday], coach Tom Coughlin said. "He did a great job after the catch of turning and running and those are the things we need to see." Nicks' injury is water under the bridge at this point.

troll

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:10 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Hakeem Nicks (foot surgery) practiced at nearly 100 percent on Sunday.

Analysis: Nicks has encountered no issues since returning full-team practice one week ago. "He practiced at pretty close to full speed [Sunday], coach Tom Coughlin said. "He did a great job after the catch of turning and running and those are the things we need to see." Nicks' injury is water under the bridge at this point.

troll
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:46 am

Quote :
Hakeem Nicks (foot surgery) played two series in the Giants' preseason finale. Analysis: Nicks had one catch for six yards on two targets. More importantly, he made strong cuts, took some hits and emerged feeling confident. "It wasn't a lot, but it was enough to give me an idea of where I was at," Nicks said. "It was all good." Nicks will be a WR1 option against the Cowboys in Week 1.

troll

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:52 am

Chalk him up for good game in week 1 and missed time at some point in the season...

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:54 pm

I LOVE NICKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:04 am

I think if Nicks didn't break his foot this offseason we would be talking about him in the same light as Julio Jones right about now.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:19 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
I think if Nicks didn't break his foot this offseason we would be talking about him in the same light as Julio Jones right about now.
Maybe even higher to be honest... very low in redraft leagues with colleagues, lol

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Quote :
Hakeem Nicks (foot) reiterated Monday that he has no doubt he'll play in Wednesday night's NFL opener against the Cowboys. Analysis: Nicks was held out of Sunday and Monday's practices, but the absences appear to be precautionary. "It feels fine," Nicks said of his foot. "There should be no problem come gametime. I should be ready to go." Nicks said he anticipates playing "about 60" snaps against Dallas, which would be a full four quarters.

Very reassuring. I was worried when he was missing practices.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:37 pm

Really hope it goes well

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:33 pm

Quote :
New York Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (foot) said he expects to deal with discomfort in his foot for another game or two before he feels like he did before his foot surgery. Nicks said he was happy that he was able to get through Week 1 without any problems. Analysis: This is nothing new for Nicks, who has played through injury before. He says it did not affect his on-field performance, though his fantasy output was poor--Morris Claiborne may have had more to do with that than anything. As long as he's just "sore," Nicks is a must-start each week.

He didn't look too hot out there I think he's hurting. Hopefully he gets up to game speed in the next couple of weeks.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Quote :
Giants receiver Hakeem Nicks (foot) missed practice on Wednesday which after a seven-day break should be a little bit concerning. Analysis: Nicks is playing through soreness in his surgically-repaired foot and was targeted just six times, catching four balls for 38 yards in the opener against the Cowboys. It's not yet time to panic as a slow start due to the injury was expected.

I'm not overly worried. Bradshaw almost never practiced last year. Big Blue likes to take it easy with their injured guys.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:36 am

Quote :
Nicks (foot) did not practice Tuesday, but he is still expected to play in Thursday's game against the Panthers, Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports. Analysis: Nicks was held out Tuesday to rest his sore foot, which he tweaked near the end of Sunday's game. However, Nicks' absence was planned, and head coach Tom Coughlin believes Nicks will be active when the Giants take the field Thursday.

Cruz is a much better receiver when Nicks is a factor.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Quote :
Hakeem Nicks (foot) has been downgraded to out for Thursday's game against the Panthers.

Nicks didn't even make the trip to Carolina. It's a big surprise, as both Nicks and coach Tom Coughlin were on the record as expecting he'd play before he was listed as questionable on Wednesday's injury report. That would suggest Nicks suffered a setback, but it's possible the Giants were being disingenuous all along in an effort to keep the Panthers on their toes. As it is, the Giants will now be forced to roll with Rueben Randle and Ramses Barden behind Victor Cruz with Domenik Hixon (concussion) also out. Cruz could be in for a monster night. We suspect Nicks' chances of playing would have been far greater if not for the short week.

Damnit - that news hurts a few of my teams this week.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:56 pm

Ooooooof. That sucks.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:49 pm

I am so fucking sick... THIS SUCKS

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Quote :
Giants receiver Hakeem Nicks did not suffer a setback in his recovery from an injured football Sunday against Tampa Bay, according to the Star-Ledger. Analysis: Nicks won't play Thursday in Carolina because of the short week. He should be fine for New York's contest in Philadelphia a week from Sunday.

This is reassuring although it doesn't help his owners this week.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:02 am

Quote :
Nicks (foot) is expected to practice Thursday, Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports. Analysis: Nicks noted that the time off afforded him by sitting out this past Thursday's game has helped his foot feel much better, so as much as the short week hurt him in Week 3, the added preparation/healing time it gave him heading into this week points toward him being available Sunday night against the Eagles.

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:37 am

Quote :
Hakeem Nicks is listed as doubtful for Week 4 versus the Eagles after he developed swelling in his knee this week.

Ramses Barden's fantasy value lives on for another week. Nicks is still experiencing pain in his surgical repaired foot, but it appears to be the unexpected knee swelling that is preventing him from playing this week. The Giants aren't tipping their hand on Nicks' replacement. Both Barden and Hixon will play in three-wide sets, with Victor Cruz in the slot. We like Barden over Hixon after the former's breakout game in Week 3. Neither player is a strong WR3 against a stingy Eagles defense

damnit Nicks. Between him and Maclin they are leaving me thin at WR

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:59 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
Quote :
Hakeem Nicks is listed as doubtful for Week 4 versus the Eagles after he developed swelling in his knee this week.

Ramses Barden's fantasy value lives on for another week. Nicks is still experiencing pain in his surgical repaired foot, but it appears to be the unexpected knee swelling that is preventing him from playing this week. The Giants aren't tipping their hand on Nicks' replacement. Both Barden and Hixon will play in three-wide sets, with Victor Cruz in the slot. We like Barden over Hixon after the former's breakout game in Week 3. Neither player is a strong WR3 against a stingy Eagles defense

damnit Nicks. Between him and Maclin they are leaving me thin at WR

Fucking terrible news. God damnit.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:47 pm

And this fucking asshole is ruled out.

Pussy ass motherfucker cock bitch. Mad

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:08 pm

Ah fuck fuck fuck

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:01 am

Wouldn't be surprised if he is out the next 2-3 weeks and then they come out after that and say he is done for the year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Quote :
New York Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (foot, knee) had an MRI on his injured knee. "It's a knee," head coach Tom Coughlin said when asked if it revealed structural damage.

The writing is on the wall. I expect the worst.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Quote :
Wide receiver Hakeem Nicks (foot/knee) practiced all week and is probable for Sunday's game. Nicks played in his first game in four weeks last week against San Francisco. Analysis: "It's feeling better," Nicks said. "I feel like starting to practice is a way to break it back in and get it better, so I took that approach this week and got the green light to do it. It's definitely getting better." Translation - he has to be in your lineup this weekend against the porous Redskins defense.

Good stuff here. Let's see if he can actually be effective...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:14 am

Quote :
Nicks (knee) returned to the field Friday after missing practice Thursday, Jorge Castillo of the Newark Star-Ledger reports. Analysis: Initially, Nicks' absence sent up a red flag, but coach Tom Coughlin noted that the wideout was dealing with a sore knee and was kept out of Thursday's practice as a precautionary measure. We'll have to see how the Giants officially list Nicks later Friday, but his return to practice -- assuming no setbacks -- bodes well for his Week 14 availability.

Glass man.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:58 am

Quote :
Eli Manning expects Hakeem Nicks (knee scope) to be "full go and running" for the start of the Giants' offseason program. Analysis: "Hakeem is doing well," Manning said. "Talked to him the other day, and he's training and getting ready, and he'll be ready when we start the spring." The Giants will surely take it easy on Nicks during OTAs, but it will be out of an abundance of caution, and not necessity.

shrug

One can only hope.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Wed May 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Quote :
New York Giants WR Hakeem Nicks did not show up to practice Wednesday, May 22, because he is unhappy with his contract situation, a source indicated. Nicks did not violate any rules, since organized team activities (OTAs) are voluntary, but head coach Tom Coughlin was expecting him.

Come the fuck on.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Wed May 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Quote :
New York Giants WR Hakeem Nicks did not show up to practice Wednesday, May 22, because he is unhappy with his contract situation, a source indicated. Nicks did not violate any rules, since organized team activities (OTAs) are voluntary, but head coach Tom Coughlin was expecting him.

Come the fuck on.

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 pm

maybe he should try staying healthy for more than a game or two at a time, and then worry about what you are getting paid.. you ain't worth shit sitting on the bench!!!

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 23, 2013 9:40 am

Quote :

Come the fuck on.

Don't you know that David Wilson is the only NYG worth owning... ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 23, 2013 9:54 am

Typical May news here. I am more concerned with his lingering injury.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Quote :

Come the fuck on.

Don't you know that David Wilson is the only NYG worth owning... ROTFLMAO

Provided he doesn't get beat out by Andre Brown for the starting gig, and provided he can stop fumbling long enough to keep the starting gig if he wins it. Everything I have read suggests there will be a competition for the RB job, I don't believe Wilson is the incumbent, unquestioned starter that some are purporting him to be.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   

Back to top Go down

Hakeem Nicks WR NYG
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: