:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

D'onta Foreman RB HOU

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:47 pm

The Austin American-Statesman reports Texans third-round RB D'Onta Foreman was arrested for marijuana possession and unlawful carrying of a weapon in Austin early Sunday morning.

A call was placed to University of Texas Police at 12:24 AM local time and Foreman was booked into Travis County Jail at 3 AM. Six other male suspects were cited and released on charges of marijuana possession while Foreman is still being held on $4,500 bail. Foreman was the recipient of last year's Doak Walker Award, which is given annually to college football's top running back. So far the Texans have yet to comment on the incident.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:53 pm

Yikes! I just don't understand why players keep doing these things. Whatever to the pot, but why do you need a gun. What kind of shady shit are you doing that you'll need to protect yourself?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:05 pm

good thing i dont own him anywhere

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:48 pm

LOL!!

A buddy literally texted me last night about some H-town beat writer he heard on Sirus XM radio planting his flag saying it wasn't a matter of, but when Foreman passes Lamar Miller... I'm guessing that "when" part may be on hold due to recent events..

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:18 pm

These guys are idiots. I don't think I'll ever understand it.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:20 pm

What an idiot. Hope he gets what he deserves.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:14 pm

Stupid decisions. Had a good story and felt for the guy but his actions are what matters.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Foreman's version is that he had a registered gun which was properly stored and he advised the police. As for the drugs, it is a small amount and was located on another person. In the end, this should be a non-story.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:09 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Foreman's version is that he had a registered gun which was properly stored and he advised the police. As for the drugs, it is a small amount and was located on another person.  In the end, this should be a non-story.

I'm confused why he was the only one booked into jail then. Seems a bit fishy to me!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:40 am

What is wrong with these guys?! You get a great opportunity to play football for a big chunk of money? Why waste it by doing stupid shit

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:55 am

I'll let the story play out before I pass judgement. Having a gun in Texas is a lot different than having a gun in NY/DC, so the charge may not stick if it was registered. In Maryland at least, cops charge you with everything they can think of during the actual incident and then the State's Attorney drops the charges later if they can't stick, as opposed to waiting to see if the charges will stick and then filing them. If this is the case in Texas, we may be reading very quickly about dropped charges. Still not a great look for him, and the headlines are certainly damning.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:18 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
I'll let the story play out before I pass judgement.  Having a gun in Texas is a lot different than having a gun in NY/DC, so the charge may not stick if it was registered.  In Maryland at least, cops charge you with everything they can think of during the actual incident and then the State's Attorney drops the charges later if they can't stick, as opposed to waiting to see if the charges will stick and then filing them.  If this is the case in Texas, we may be reading very quickly about dropped charges.  Still not a great look for him, and the headlines are certainly damning.

Agreed. I think that it's closer to where I grew up, in rural Maryland. A lot of kids had gun racks in their trucks and every now and then one would come to school with a few rifles still in the rack. Basically, they would get called into the principal's office and asked not to bring them the next day.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:41 am

His attorney released a statement saying gun was registered and he didn't have any weed on him - a friend did.

Also that he has willingly offered to a produce a sample to prove he hasn't smoked anything he shouldn't have.

As you all say, silly boy. I don't have any shares in the kid as I place a lot of emphasis on character and I was watching some pre-draft interviews he just seemed like a knuckle head. So I haven't touched him thankfully.
But that being said we have to be fair, if he hasn't done anything wrong it shouldn't go against him.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:56 am

I'm surprised that you saw a knucklehead Paul.

Did you see the really good SportsCenter feature on what he went through during the 2016 season with his infant son passing away and all he does for his family? Seemed like a really good dude to me.

I hope this story is wrong and there's no fire near this smoke.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:14 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
I'm surprised that you saw a knucklehead Paul.  

Did you see the really good SportsCenter feature on what he went through during the 2016 season with his infant son passing away and all he does for his family?  Seemed like a really good dude to me.  

I hope this story is wrong and there's no fire near this smoke.

Yeah I did see that and it was quite endearing. I guess knucklehead was the wrong choice of words. I didn't think he was a smart guy is maybe a better way of putting it.
But there were a couple of other things I saw too which I thought were a bit cringeworthy.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:05 pm

This story is a little confusing and a little salacious. As a Texan, let me see if I can help parse the language.

The attorney's statement about the gun being "registered" is misleading. There is no gun registry in Texas for long guns or handguns. What he might be referring to is that Foreman has a concealed carry license for the gun, but even that is not necessary to legally possess the gun or even carry it in his own car.

The actual gun charge Foreman faces is "unlawful carrying of a weapon," which is a charge given when someone is carrying a legal firearm while being arrested for another crime. Whatever your stance on using guns for self-defense (and I'm not a gun guy, but I can see an argument for rich professional athletes to want a gun for self-defense), Foreman did not commit a crime simply by owning a firearm and having it in his car.

Which means that this boils down to a friend holding less than two grams of weed. That's about as empty a nothingburger as I can imagine.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:55 am

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
This story is a little confusing and a little salacious. As a Texan, let me see if I can help parse the language.

The attorney's statement about the gun being "registered" is misleading. There is no gun registry in Texas for long guns or handguns. What he might be referring to is that Foreman has a concealed carry license for the gun, but even that is not necessary to legally possess the gun or even carry it in his own car.

The actual gun charge Foreman faces is "unlawful carrying of a weapon," which is a charge given when someone is carrying a legal firearm while being arrested for another crime. Whatever your stance on using guns for self-defense (and I'm not a gun guy, but I can see an argument for rich professional athletes to want a gun for self-defense), Foreman did not commit a crime simply by owning a firearm and having it in his car.

Which means that this boils down to a friend holding less than two grams of weed. That's about as empty a nothingburger as I can imagine.
Thanks for that info Collin.  Like I said before, I knew that carrying a gun in Texas was different than carrying a gun in NY/DC, but I had absolutely no idea it was that different.  If that same thing had happened in Baltimore and gun was unregistered (we do have a gun registry in MD), and Foreman was convicted he could end up on a "gun offender registry" similar to a sex offender registry and face a ton of time in prison.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:48 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

Thanks for that info Collin.  Like I said before, I knew that carrying a gun in Texas was different than carrying a gun in NY/DC, but I had absolutely no idea it was that different.  If that same thing had happened in Baltimore and gun was unregistered (we do have a gun registry in MD), and Foreman was convicted he could end up on a "gun offender registry" similar to a sex offender registry and face a ton of time in prison.

Or even worse if he had a switch blade.

Too soon?

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:14 am

Good! I was worried he would end up being a stupid athlete, that throws away his life for drugs.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D'onta Foreman RB HOU   

Back to top Go down

D'onta Foreman RB HOU
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: