:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:09 pm

So yeah I've been pretty busy with the bees and work and stuff so I figured I'd take a super serious and analytical approach to this auction and just try to rebuild my old RW team before I quit like a moron. Then I realized that my team I had before was pretty fucking baller and that there was no way it was going to happen so I just figured I'd bid on some guys I liked. I was going to make a spreadsheet but didn't have time.

So early on I targeted Matt Stafford because I like the Lions and that picture of him on the party boat makes me laugh.

He was also one of the QB's on my old team. So if I had Stafford I figured I'd have to have Winston. I was going to settle for Russel for a bit but then dropped that plan. I needed crab legs back in my life.

With the QB position on LOCKDOWN I decided that Stafford could use a buddy. Party boat Stafford + party boat Gronk? Match made in heaven. Forget the back issues these guys are just going to have a GOOD TIME.

Someone once told me Kelce was pretty good. I always got him confused with ASJ because KC and the Bucs are both red teams. Anyway I got Kelce too. He likes to have a good time.

So RB I had Todd Gurley on my old team and figured I should welcome him back so I just threw money at him until I won. I liked his hat and felt it would provide my team a morale boost.

I think we need more offensive starters than that but I don't have much money left so I'll see if maybe I can start two kickers or something.

I like defensive players. So I wanted a GOOD DEFENSE. I also wanted my defense to be upstanding and respectable, like my offense, so I got Suh.

Then it was time for LB's. I remembered someone saying in the Mack thread that his position switch would make him the best LB ever so I just used that one thing someone said and bet a bunch of money on Mack.

So that just leaves Kuechly and Kwon. They were both up at the same time and I was like "You know how many teams have two line backers who's last name starts with K? That could be my thing. Shit if you pretend that Mack's first name is his last name I could have the KKK of LB's. Let's do this!"

So yeah. THAT is how you build a RW team. I have almost no money left. Matt is a bully. I hope this helped give you some draft insight.

Total spent: A Bunch

Total Left: Not Much

I'll update as I win more players with my tactical analysis.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:11 pm

Candid shot of Luke Kuechly once he saw what I was doing with my auction funds:

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Kwon was okay with it though.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:14 pm

laughing Nice, this is valuable and likely you have a twin or close to one in our conference doing similar strategies.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
laughing Nice, this is valuable and likely you have a twin or close to one in our conference doing similar strategies.  

Always happy to share my tactics so that it may be of benefit to others. I'm currently bidding on a player called Brandon Cooks which is good because my team will be hungry. Brandon can help in that area and will be a great asset.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:34 pm

This is how a team should be built right here. rofl

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:15 pm

I'm just waiting for you to add Abduallah and your team will be set.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:26 pm

I had to let Ameer go. That price is crazy.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Surprised at that.  Very surprised.

I guess you'll have to focus on Dez and JPP -- unless you lost out on both of them as well.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:42 pm

I feel as if I just saw a train wreck and can't take my eyes off of it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Surprised at that.  Very surprised.

I guess you'll have to focus on Dez and JPP -- unless you lost out on both of them as well.

Dez came and went. I can't believe how much my old team was "worth" apparently.

Stafford 82
Winston 127
Gurley 85
Ameer 45
Rivers 80
Dez 95
AJ Green 125
Hopkins 126
Ogletree 76
Greg Olsen 62

Ogletree and Olsen haven't closed yet. JPP hasn't come up yet. Neither has Bowman, Poe, Golden Tate, Liuget, Sheldon Richardson, Levy, Forte, Cobb, Kiko or a few others.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:06 pm

Justin, is that chart saying you spent $898 on 11 players (or about to)? Holy cow!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Justin, is that chart saying you spent $898 on 11 players (or about to)?  Holy cow!  

I have no idea what you're referring to.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:24 pm

My team will officially be well fed! Thank goodness Brandon cooks!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Bowman is up! Go get him!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:27 pm

I thought $10 was generous for the horrendous things that have happened to his leg. I absolutely love Bowman, one of my favorite players, but no thanks.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:19 pm

I think this was prepared impulse bidding. You knew you were going to do this.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:47 am

Wow. I never thought that you would really bring the old band from 2012 back together. ...and thanks for not bidding on Bowman. Shredded lower body and all he is still better than 80% of the lbs in the league

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:07 am

Haha that was very funny.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:35 am

Good stuff there Justin.

I was looking at this thread last night and wife looked up with the Stafford pic on screen, then I scroll down to see Kelce gif and she was like WTF are you looking at...then she laughed as I read her your thread. lol 2

Last edited by Southside Spartans on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:18 am

Two words.

Alec.

Ogletree.  

He is a PARTY MACHINE. We look for strong dancing skills in all of our players as we feel like it helps their footwork on the field.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:44 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Justin, is that chart saying you spent $898 on 11 players (or about to)?  Holy cow!  

I have no idea what you're referring to.

http://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=67922&O=07&DISPLAY=CONFERENCE01

Hes referring to this I believe.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:55 am

Is it true you guys only get $1000 to spend on the auction? surprised  What's the strategy to fill out the rest of the rosters? grin

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Dunno what you two are talking about. I'm using careful analysis and monetary planning to optimize my roster to a point - per - dollar spent ratio while maintaining a very balanced age line amongst the top end of my roster. I'm doing my best to pass that insight on to you folks so you can be better fantasy owners yourselves.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:33 pm

You have inspired me Justin........I really want to see if I can create a LB group that can match up with yours week one. This be fun.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:48 pm

There are the guys on the board to do it. Wagner and Telvin Smith. Surprised they're not both at more.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Dude if you just spent 900 bucks approx on 11 guys then this is all I got to say ...

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:26 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Dude if you just spent 900 bucks approx on 11 guys then this is all I got to say ...

Duh you can only start 22 a week, half his weekly starting lineup is complete with plenty of money to spare.. rofl

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:55 am

I like the approach -- don't agree with the guys that Justin is picking.  But I think that going all in on a few guys could be a strategy that works well here.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:58 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I like the approach -- don't agree with the guys that Justin is picking.  But I think that going all in on a few guys could be a strategy that works well here.

I tried to pick pretty safe bets. Gronk scares me as does Kuchely to a degree with the concussions but the rest are pretty solid.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:03 am

I don't have fans either Justin. Fuck 'em

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:07 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
I don't have fans either Justin.  Fuck 'em

vote yes

#GOBIGORGOHOMESQUAD

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:11 am

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:13 am

Just because your team is super lame and boring doesn't mean it's better than mine. Go stare at sexy Rodgers!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:14 am

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:44 am

Polk High Panthers wrote:

Duh you can only start 22 a week, half his weekly starting lineup is complete with plenty of money to spare.. rofl

I'm familiar with the fucking concept Sam. Thought you guys are using 1000 bucks to build a team, pretty sure we used a 1000 6 years ago. If the number ain't a 1000 and has been bumped to 1500 or 2000 then "yes" you may have plenty of money to spare, but if you think a 100 bucks to buy 11 more starters and another 20 odd back ups is enough, well enjoy sucking.

So what is the funds tally?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:46 am

Yup... It's a 1000 Todd.

If only another original RW team went the go big fast route and teams could learn.. Oh wait. Las Vegas... they haven't been pink at all. Oh that's right.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:49 am

It is $1,000. The price is drastically coming down on bids. No team in RR has more than 13 total players yet and no team has more than $451 left if all current bids hold.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:58 am

Well then I stand by my statement, "you're Fucked". Those who don't follow history are doomed to repeat it. 100 bucks to buy 30 guys if not more is not low, it's REALLY low. Now if everyone is low it will wash out some, but if some teams have money they will have the pick of the lot. As Brad stated, Good Ole Rob of Vegas tried this plan, and it failed miserably. However, guess another quote can be useful now, Misery loves company, and misery don't look like its gonna be lonely.

wink

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:05 am

I don't want to go too deep into this in the middle of the auction but I don't think that Justin needs to get 30 guys with that 100 bucks.  

Rather, I think that he could pick up 3 RBs/WRs, 1 DE, and 1 Safety and be in decent shape.  Set aside 10 bucks for some bargains at the end and he has 92 bucks to bid on 5 guys -- or 18-19 per guy.  Sure, they won't be studs but he could get some startable players.  And then build depth during the FCFS period.  The team can compete this year and start building for the future.  The bonus is that you can give some larger contracts to that core group of 17 guys.

But, there's a very good chance that Justin goes and gets another guy for 60-80 bucks and blows any chance at the strategy above.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:09 am

He's currently bidding 60% of the rest of his money on JPP and Doug Martin, leaving him with $41 if he wins them

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:10 am

Pretty sure you need a higher minimum coming out of the auction Russ. Something like 35 or 40 players minimum. Don't think you can buy like 25 guys and then hit FCFS to fill out your team.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:16 am

Pretty sure you need a higher minimum coming out of the auction Russ.  Something like 35 or 40 players minimum.  Don't think you can buy like 25 guys and then hit FCFS to fill out your team.

I haven't checked the rules so I'm not sure if there is a minimum that's imposed by the rules on post-auction roster.

But I could fill the remainder of the spots on FCFS if needed.  

If he did the approach I had, he would have a complete lineup, except for 1 offensive flex, 1 kicker, 1 CB, and 3 defensive flexes.  And some of those guys might get picked up with the 1 buck bargain guys.  I could find all of those guys on the TT waiver wire, and that wire will be a lot more bare than the minor league waiver wire after the auction and the first waiver run.

But he'll have very little depth for this year -- but we all know that depth is overrated.   lol3

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:17 am

Actually, to clarify.  I don't agree with some of the choices on players that Justin has made.  But the strategy can work.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:26 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Actually, to clarify.  I don't agree with some of the choices on players that Justin has made.  But the strategy can work.

To be clear, you like Jameis, Stafford, Gurley and Ogletree, but don't like the others, right? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:28 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

To be clear, you like Jameis, Stafford, Gurley and Ogletree, but don't like the others, right? Laughing

I'm not involved in the auctions so I don't have a true feel for what's going on but that Jameis bid seemed awfully high.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:30 pm

I think Justin has fucked it. He has $41 to get 8 players to be able to set a lineup. That doesn't account for players to fill in for injuries, suspensions and bye weeks. Filling out his roster with waiver wire additions sounds good in theory but what standard of players will actually be available?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Bunch of worry warts and negative Nancy's the lot of you. Everything goes according to plan when there is no plan. Pay attention!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:08 pm

I think you'll be alright! You've got a solid core, with great TEs. There's still plenty out there to be had, but I'll be waiting with my money to snag players away.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Of that I have no doubt!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team   

Back to top Go down

Unprepared Impulse Bidding: Building A Roster Wars Team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: