HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Minnesota Vikings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Weird that the Vikings didn't take a "game changer." Laughing

It's almost as if, you know, that was all BS and they wanted the stud OT all along.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1568

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:06 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Well they wouldn't have gotten 1.04 from any other team.
I think you nailed it on the head there. Matt Kalil was who they really wanted, and I think they felt like they had to stay in the top 5 to get him. Would they have rather traded down to the fifth spot with Tampa and get a little more pick value in return? Yeah...and I'm sure they tried. When they couldn't get a deal from Tampa, they got what they could off of Cleveland. That's my take. Yeah, the picks are low, but since you were going to get your player either way, why not grab a few extra picks essentially for nothing....


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:08 am

Minnesota Destroyers wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Well they wouldn't have gotten 1.04 from any other team.
I think you nailed it on the head there. Matt Kalil was who they really wanted, and I think they felt like they had to stay in the top 5 to get him. Would they have rather traded down to the fifth spot with Tampa and get a little more pick value in return? Yeah...and I'm sure they tried. When they couldn't get a deal from Tampa, they got what they could off of Cleveland. That's my take. Yeah, the picks are low, but since you were going to get your player either way, why not grab a few extra picks essentially for nothing....

Agreed. All of their smokescreening paid off - they convinced Cleveland that they had to trade up to ensure they got Richardson when in reality, I doubt the Vikings really would have wanted to trade out of the top 5. They didn't get much, but they got something for nothing, so good move.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1568

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:39 am

This is why the Vikes wanted Kalil...to help block for this kick-ass motherfucker!

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/232152/peterson-beats-teammates-in-wind-sprints

One month after beginning dryland running, Adrian Peterson (ACL, MCL, meniscus surgery) finished first in wind sprints with teammates this week.

"I remember (backup quarterback) Joe Webb saying, 'I can't believe it. I just can't believe it,'" coach Leslie Frazier said. "So, he's doing great and we're optimistic that he's going to be ready for that first game." While Peterson confirmed once again that he's a true freak of nature just four months removed from surgery, the big tell will be how he fares once he begins to cut laterally.


As a Vikings fan, I don't want to get TOO excited, but...can he really be ready for week 1??


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:49 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Racktacular wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
i think its a good move

I just didn't think they got enough. Thought they would have gotten more from another team.

Well they wouldn't have gotten 1.04 from any other team.

No, but they could have gotten 1.05 or 1.06 or even 1.07. They made a deal an hour before the draft even started. You don't maximize value by making a deal an hour beforehand. Wait until you're on the clock and make teams pay. If there w 2 minute left on the clock I just have to believe the TB would have give up more than a 4th rounder to jump Clev. Especially since TB traded down after Clev. took #3.

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:10 am

Racktacular wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Racktacular wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
i think its a good move

I just didn't think they got enough. Thought they would have gotten more from another team.

Well they wouldn't have gotten 1.04 from any other team.

No, but they could have gotten 1.05 or 1.06 or even 1.07. They made a deal an hour before the draft even started. You don't maximize value by making a deal an hour beforehand. Wait until you're on the clock and make teams pay. If there w 2 minute left on the clock I just have to believe the TB would have give up more than a 4th rounder to jump Clev. Especially since TB traded down after Clev. took #3.

Oh well.

Well, as you said, Tampa Bay traded while they were on the clock, so I guess they "maximized" their value...yet they only got a 4th round pick to move down two spots. Minnesota got a 4th, 5th, 7th to move down one spot just a couple picks higher, and they got the player they wanted anyway. I'm not sure what you think these teams would have paid to move up, but obviously there wasn't exactly a bidding war happening between Tampa and Cleveland.

If, for some reason, Tampa was really interested in moving up but somehow didn't make an offer better than Cleveland's, that's not on Minnesota, that's on Tampa for being stupid anyway. I'm not sure what the hell exactly Tampa was doing anyway since they effectively traded Claiborn for Barron + a 4th, which seems odd.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Racktacular wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Racktacular wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
i think its a good move

I just didn't think they got enough. Thought they would have gotten more from another team.

Well they wouldn't have gotten 1.04 from any other team.

No, but they could have gotten 1.05 or 1.06 or even 1.07. They made a deal an hour before the draft even started. You don't maximize value by making a deal an hour beforehand. Wait until you're on the clock and make teams pay. If there w 2 minute left on the clock I just have to believe the TB would have give up more than a 4th rounder to jump Clev. Especially since TB traded down after Clev. took #3.

Oh well.

Well, as you said, Tampa Bay traded while they were on the clock, so I guess they "maximized" their value...yet they only got a 4th round pick to move down two spots. Minnesota got a 4th, 5th, 7th to move down one spot just a couple picks higher, and they got the player they wanted anyway. I'm not sure what you think these teams would have paid to move up, but obviously there wasn't exactly a bidding war happening between Tampa and Cleveland.

If, for some reason, Tampa was really interested in moving up but somehow didn't make an offer better than Cleveland's, that's not on Minnesota, that's on Tampa for being stupid anyway. I'm not sure what the hell exactly Tampa was doing anyway since they effectively traded Claiborn for Barron + a 4th, which seems odd.


True, and then the TB GM told the media today that Barron was higher on their board than Claiborne. Trying to save face obviously.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1568

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Racktacular wrote:
True, and then the TB GM told the media today that Barron was higher on their board than Claiborne. Trying to save face obviously.
The stuff you hear after guys are drafted is hilarious...just like the Dolphins saying they've had their eye on Tannehill since 2010.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20224

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:43 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks:

Round 1: OT Matt Kalil (USC), SS Harrison Smith (Notre Dame)

Round 2: CB Josh Robinson (UCF)

Round 3: None

Round 4: WR Jarius Wright (Arkansas), TE Rhett Ellison (USC), WR Greg Childs (Arkansas)

Round 5: S Robert Blanton (Notre Dame)

Round 6: K Blair Walsh (Georgia)

Round 7: ILB Audie Cole (North Carolina State), DE Trevor Guyton (California)


Grade: A-


Summary:

The Vikings did a good job up front with Matt Kalil, Harrison Smith and even Josh Robinson as a potential shutdown cornerback. On Day Three they did well grabbing depth/special teams guys who can contribute early on in multiple roles. Their Round 4 skill players are all worthy contributors.

Minnesota did a great job loading up their roster to support Christian Ponder in this draft.

Another great draft here. I think this has REALLY upped Christian Ponder's value.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5809

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Who do you like to help Ponder (other than his new LT)?


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20224

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:52 pm

I think both Childs and Wright have a lot of potential. Harvin is the only WR on that team worth a damn IMHO.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
I think both Childs and Wright have a lot of potential. Harvin is the only WR on that team worth a damn IMHO.

True but Wright is a slot receiver much like Harvin. I don't how they can possibly be on the field at the same time, other than the fact they don't have anyone else.

I really don't know what to think about the Vikings' draft. I mean besides for Kalil and Smith, the Vikings didn't get another starter on either side of the ball. Some may contribute on ST's, but how hard is it to run down the field and make a tackle? Robinson is super raw and I soooo wish that Minnesota would have traded up to get Janoris Jenkins. I really wish they took Jenkins instead of Harrison Smith. You can get a solid safety much much easier than a shutdown CB. The Vikings could have capitalized on the fact that the best cover corner in the draft (yeah better than Claiborne IMO) slipped. Instead they took a good, but not elite, FS. Then they draft a kicker that missed almost 50% of his kicks last year?!? Like the Vikings have the luxury to waste a draft pick on a shitty kicker that isn't going to make the final roster?

I'd personally give this draft a C+. Kalil was a no brainer. Smith should be solid, but he isn't elite. The rest of their draft is a bunch of question marks. Meh.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20224

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue May 08, 2012 7:22 am

Strange

Quote :
The Minnesota Vikings have released PK Ryan Longwell.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

A bit of a surprise move here by the Vikings, but they'll now turn to sixth-round pick Blair Walsh. We don't think Longwell will have trouble finding work given his veteran experience.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5809

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue May 08, 2012 8:37 am

Any news on the stadium vote?


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20224

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue May 08, 2012 8:52 am

Quote :
ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings took a giant step Monday night toward a new taxpayer-subsidized football stadium when the state House approved legislation, but lawmakers upped the share the team would have to pay.

The $975 million stadium plan passed the House on a 73-58 vote. The state Senate planned to act on a competing version Tuesday. Passage there would send the bill into final negotiations, putting the team closer than ever to a replacement for the aging Metrodome.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20224

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed May 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Quote :
ST. PAUL, Minn. -- After 11 hours of debate and some close calls, the Minnesota Vikings stadium legislation won approval late Tuesday from the state Senate to set up a final round of negotiations.

The full Legislature is now on record, with a majority of lawmakers opting for a publicly subsidized stadium. Barring reversals or late surprises, the Vikings are primed to emerge this month with authorization for a new $975 million stadium it has chased for more than a decade.The Senate's 38-20 vote Tuesday came a day after the House approved its own stadium bill. A conference committee will work out differences, and the Vikings are already on record against the House version for a $105 million hike in the amount they would pay. The Senate's version includes a smaller bump.

If both chambers pass the final product, the measure goes to Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton, who has led the charge for a new stadium for months.

The Vikings say they can't make enough money in the 30-year-old Metrodome to compete.

It was clear from the get-go Tuesday that stadium supporters wanted to turn to offense rather than defense in the Senate. It was Sen. Julie Rosen, the stadium bill sponsor, who promoted user fees on suites, parking and Vikings merchandise. Another backer pushed for the $25 million additional team contribution, and that amendment was approved unanimously.

The user fee amendment - adopted on a 40-26 vote - would levy a 10 percent fee on suites and on parking within a half-mile of the stadium, and impose a 6.875 percent fee on Vikings clothing, trading cards and other memorabilia.

Throughout a debate that stretched from early afternoon past nightfall, senators twice approved amendments they overturned later. One would have imposed a more aggressive slate of user fees that could cut into Vikings profits and a second would have subjected portions of the bill to a potential Minneapolis voter referendum.

Sen. Dave Thompson, R-Lakeville, said the deal to date has been negotiated by people too willing to please the team.

"When stadium proponents are putting things on that make the deal less appealing to the Vikings, you wonder if it's been put on just for the purpose of attracting votes and then getting pulled out in conference committee," said Thompson, the leader of the conservative faction within the Senate GOP caucus. "But I guess time will tell."

Earlier Tuesday, a Vikings executive warned state lawmakers against making major changes to the financing proposal, saying they risked losing the team's support for the deal. Vice President Lester Bagley told reporters after the vote that the team wasn't ready to commit to an uptick in the private share. He said there were "a lot of issues that needed to be sorted through" in the upcoming conference committee.

Bagley has pointed to a bill for a new Twins ballpark that cleared the Legislature in 2002, only to fall apart later. It took the team another four years to win legislative support for a workable bill.

Under a plan negotiated last winter by the governor, key lawmakers, the Minneapolis mayor and the team, the Vikings would pay $427 million and the state would pay $398 million, with the money coming from an expansion of gambling. The city of Minneapolis would kick in $150 million by redirecting an existing hospitality tax.

But lawmakers will have the final say on how big a taxpayer subsidy is provided.

The Vikings are no longer under a Metrodome lease, leaving some to worry they could bolt if they don't have a new stadium after next season.

"We don't want the Vikings to leave," said Sen. Geoff Michel, R-Edina. "We want to take the wheels off this franchise and keep them for our children and grandchildren. I don't want to cheer for the Green Bay Packers. I don't want to cheer for the Chicago Bears. We need an NFL franchise in Minnesota. This is the bill. This is the day."

Others weren't buying the threat of team flight.

"I want to know where the Vikings are going if they leave," said Democratic Sen. Barb Goodwin of Columbia Heights.

She added, "I think we're scaring a lot of people for no good reason." Goodwin wound up supporting the bill anyway.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22997

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed May 09, 2012 3:04 pm

soapbox rant

I fuckin hate politicians. The dumbest motherfuckers alive with the worst fuckin ideas, least amount of morals and scruples, a horrific money management concept and yet these fucktards just fall over themselves to fuck up everything in their path.

Hey Barb Goodwin of Columbia Heights, since you get to fuckin vote on this shit you think you may have heard of the talk of LA taking a team.....what an idiot.

You had a plan where the dumb tribe would pay for it all AND we would get a casino in Minneapolis but thats right, you fuckin jerkoffs wouldn't make as much money in that scenario. Now we all pay more and you assholes get to act like to came through on this?

Lawyers and politicians: greedily fucking up everything they ever laid eyes on.

Ok, I think I am done.


Back to top Go down
Online
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20224

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed May 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
soapbox rant

I fuckin hate politicians. The dumbest motherfuckers alive with the worst fuckin ideas, least amount of morals and scruples, a horrific money management concept and yet these fucktards just fall over themselves to fuck up everything in their path.

Hey Barb Goodwin of Columbia Heights, since you get to fuckin vote on this shit you think you may have heard of the talk of LA taking a team.....what an idiot.

You had a plan where the dumb tribe would pay for it all AND we would get a casino in Minneapolis but thats right, you fuckin jerkoffs wouldn't make as much money in that scenario. Now we all pay more and you assholes get to act like to came through on this?

Lawyers and politicians: greedily fucking up everything they ever laid eyes on.

Ok, I think I am done.

good post

And they always will be.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20224

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:44 am

Quote :
Minnesota Vikings receivers coach George Stewart has compared WR Stephen Burton to former NFL star WR Terrell Owens. Burton has turned heads during workouts, and he was working with the first team as the "Z" receiver, or flanker, Wednesday, June 6, when WR Percy Harvin was sidelined.


Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3490

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:04 am

Burton is an interesting one to keep an eye on, same as Lester Jean in Houston, would be nice to see one of the two make an impact down the road.


Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Utah Spazz
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3490

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Quote :
The Star-Tribune notes that Christian Ponder looks for Kyle Rudolph "a lot."

Rudolph dominated the first three weeks of Vikings camp, drawing praise almost daily. Per the Star-Tribune, he "has big hands, long arms and added confidence. Don't be surprised if he leads the team in targets this season." Although Percy Harvin is the better bet for the team-lead in targets, Rudolph is soaring up draft boards as a sneaky TE1.

One of my favorite upside players this year. I like to scoop him in all my leagues if I can. His price is rising though.


Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
San Diego Killers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1036

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:07 pm

I think the Vikings are underrated at the moment. Gerhart doesn't look too bad and Ponder is really developing.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:12 am

The Vikings are going to be terrible. Terrible. Last place in the NFC North for sure and I wouldn't be surprised if they had a top 5 pick again.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5809

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:21 am

Jason is starting to sound like Andy, everybody is terrible ROTFLMAO


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22997

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:47 pm

Way to shit the bed fellas....to the Bucs no less. peeing


Back to top Go down
Online
Minnesota Destroyers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1568

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Way to shit the bed fellas....to the Bucs no less. peeing
No doubt...and I played against Doug Martin in my other league. Double whammy. Fuck that guy. Mad


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20224

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Quote :
Minnesota Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier has agreed to a multi-year extension with the team. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

What a joke.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22997

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Oh good. They also said they aren't bringing in competition for Ponder in 2013....it all makes sense, right? right?!?

:sadbanana:


Back to top Go down
Online
Singapore Slings
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2002

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:15 pm

New uniforms finally leaked.



I love them, glad they brought back the purple pants and I dig the matte helmet.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1568

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
I dig the matte helmet.

I agree. vote yes


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:14 am

Quote :
Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson is one step closer to locking down a spot in the middle of Minnesota's defense.

Coach Leslie Frazier told reporters Friday that he's satisfied with Desmond Bishop's progress at outside linebacker, while Henderson has thrived inside, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press. Frazier called a position switch unlikely.

It's a minor coup for Henderson, who responded to offseason criticism about his shift from the weakside to the inside by saying: "I don't think I've ever been this pissed in my entire life, to just hear people talk about stuff that they have no idea what they're talking about."

In 2012, Henderson graded out as the 17th best 4-3 outside 'backer in the NFL, per ProFootballFocus. He racked up the fourth most tackles on the roster despite playing just 60 percent of the time, but his unremarkable coverage skills have some questioning if he's an every-down player.

Likely to be flanked by Bishop and Chad Greenway, Henderson's middle linebacker duties now require him take charge of the defense. Frazier acknowledged Henderson needs work on this front.

"(Defensive coordinator) Alan (Williams) went up and talked to him about that and said 'You're in a different role now,' I couldn't say that today," Frazier told The Star Tribune. "When those guys talk to you, you have to listen and then speak almost as if you're a coach. Otherwise they'll stop asking you questions because they don't want to get in any confrontation."

This remains a position battle to watch as the Vikings open their preseason odyssey against the Houston Texans next Friday.

It seems like there are LB situations to monitor all over the place.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22997

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:22 am

Leslie Frasier fired.  overhead 


Back to top Go down
Online
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8757

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Had to happen. Interesting to see where they go now...

Vikings fired coach Leslie Frazier.

Frazier led the Vikings to a surprising Wild Card berth a year ago and posted a respectable 4-3-1 mark in the second half of this season despite having Adrian Peterson injured and Matt Cassel as his starting quarterback. It wasn't enough. Frazier finishes his three full years at the helm with a 19-29-1 record and one playoff appearance. "Unfortunately, we did not achieve consistent success and did not achieve the progress we expected," GM Rick Spielman said in a statement. "We believe a coaching change is needed to help build a successful team moving forward." CBS' Jason La Canfora reported a few weeks ago that the Vikings had reached out to Penn State's Bill O'Brien. Broncos OC Adam Gase, Bengals OC Jay Gruden and Broncos DC Jack Del Rio are already getting linked to the vacancy. Gruden and Spielman have the same agent.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3754

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:21 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Had to happen. Interesting to see where they go now...

Vikings fired coach Leslie Frazier.

Frazier led the Vikings to a surprising Wild Card berth a year ago and posted a respectable 4-3-1 mark in the second half of this season despite having Adrian Peterson injured and Matt Cassel as his starting quarterback. It wasn't enough. Frazier finishes his three full years at the helm with a 19-29-1 record and one playoff appearance. "Unfortunately, we did not achieve consistent success and did not achieve the progress we expected," GM Rick Spielman said in a statement. "We believe a coaching change is needed to help build a successful team moving forward." CBS' Jason La Canfora reported a few weeks ago that the Vikings had reached out to Penn State's Bill O'Brien. Broncos OC Adam Gase, Bengals OC Jay Gruden and Broncos DC Jack Del Rio are already getting linked to the vacancy. Gruden and Spielman have the same agent.

3 yrs later and I am still wondering how this guy got the job and managed to keep it for 3 years.
A good player, a decent D coach, but as a HC .... UGH!
Adios Leslie, back to being a DC.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20224

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Won't be missed.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:24 pm

I like Jay Gruden here... possibly Gase... Hopefully somebody that actually realizes that a super talented first round pick like Cordarelle Patterson needs to be given the ball in as many ways as possible because he has a chance to score every single time he touches it! If the Vikings can upgrade the QB position this team has potential, wouldn't be such a bad gig for whoever the new head coach ends up being.


Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2002

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:06 am

As a lifelong Vikings fan, I have no confidence this will be handled correctly. Of all the names I've heard thrown out locally, I like Ken Wisenhunt.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22997

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:40 am

Singapore Slings wrote:
As a lifelong Vikings fan, I have no confidence this will be handled correctly.

Exactly.

I heard Darrell Bevell's name thrown out there...which fits because that would fucking terrible. Wherever I heard that also said something to the tune of "because he as done wonders with the Seahawks offense"

WTF!?!?!  raise eyebrow 

I have no doubt some will argue but that offense is far from impressive. Lynch rocks and Wilson has turned out to be rather good but what else you got but hype and horseshit? Reminds me of their friends the Niners and that offense and both of em are marginally better than teams like the Vikings and Browns if you ask me.

At least get a guy who we can pretend for 5 minutes COULD be the right answer.



Back to top Go down
Online
Singapore Slings
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2002

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:47 pm

The thing is, at the end of the day, it really doesn't mean shit if they can't find a competent quarterback. Look at Green Bay. The GB offense under McCarthy (with Rodgers at the helm) is one of the most potent in the league; one of the most difficult to scheme against.

Until Rodgers goes down. Then it's remarkably pedestrian and they have to scrape into the playoffs in a bad division. While there are surely many factors to a coach's success, having a good quarterback is numbers 1, 1A, 2, 3, and 4-17 on that list.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:59 pm

Yeah this is all still part of the fallout from the Ponder pick. This is what happens. It takes years to recover.


Back to top Go down
MatthewL763
 
 
avatar

Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:36 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I like Jay Gruden here...   possibly Gase...   Hopefully somebody that actually realizes that a super talented first round pick like Cordarelle Patterson needs to be given the ball in as many ways as possible because he has a chance to score every single time he touches it!   If the Vikings can upgrade the QB position this team has potential,  wouldn't be such a bad gig for whoever the new head coach ends up being.


I like Jay Gruden as well............not big on Gase anyone looks smart with manning being..... his offensive coordinator would be a dream job he'd change everything you call and make you look brilliant. I've heard it mentioned but not as much as bevell and others but i really like zimmer cant believe he hasnt even had a head coaching interview in the last few years. I'm hoping for something good to happen but as all of you have already said i just expect to be dissapointed.
Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2002

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:34 pm

You know, I'm kind of warming up to Bevell. I won't blacklist him for working under a terrible coach in Childress. I was listening to Darren Sharper on the local radio today, and he basically said he is a great coach and the mediocrity was squarely the fault of Childress. He got hired right away in Seattle by Carrol (a defensive coach) and has been successful. I'm not all aboard the bandwagon, but I won't call him a terrible hire either.

Agree Matt, I am surprised about Zimmer. Only guess is that he is a bit older, not the young, "next big thing."


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22997

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:55 pm

I just don't see anything about Seattle's offense that is impressive. I have started joking that Seattle is where wide receivers go to die. Braylon....Sidney Rice...Houshmandzadeh...what do they have now? Fucking a couple guys who are basically the equivalent of Nate Burleson and Lance Moore at best...

Harvin is a cunt and cannot play and fuck him anyway. Sidney Rice..is the cunt even able to play anymore...he sucks anyway. Golden Taint and the other guys there are once a month stars at best so....

What has this Bevell guy done to deserve being a HC exactly? I think giving him credit for Russell Wilson is crazy talk and Marshawn has been good despite a lot of questionable decisions made in his regard.

If Bevell comes to MN, I will just assume its going to be more of the same around here for a while.


Back to top Go down
Online
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1093

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:19 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Harvin is a cunt and cannot play and fuck him anyway.

I need Andy hired on an NFL pre-game show stat. Analysis like this would draw the biggest ratings in the history of television.  rock on 
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22997

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Harvin is a cunt and cannot play and fuck him anyway.

I need Andy hired on an NFL pre-game show stat. Analysis like this would draw the biggest ratings in the history of television.  rock on 

The analysis in my head never reaches my mouth....by the time it's coming out it has been brought down to its root...thus Harvin is a cunt. Wouldn't it be great to just drop me in on the set of NFL Today or something.  ROTFLMAO 


Back to top Go down
Online
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3754

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:42 pm

The Vikes will hire who they always hire. The guy willing to work for the smallest pay cheque.  Laughing


Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1093

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Harvin is a cunt and cannot play and fuck him anyway.

I need Andy hired on an NFL pre-game show stat. Analysis like this would draw the biggest ratings in the history of television.  rock on 

The analysis in my head never reaches my mouth....by the time it's coming out it has been brought down to its root...thus Harvin is a cunt.  Wouldn't it be great to just drop me in on the set of NFL Today or something.   ROTFLMAO 

Would be appointment television.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
MatthewL763
 
 
avatar

Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:49 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
You know, I'm kind of warming up to Bevell. I won't blacklist him for working under a terrible coach in Childress. I was listening to Darren Sharper on the local radio today, and he basically said he is a great coach and the mediocrity was squarely the fault of Childress. He got hired right away in Seattle by Carrol (a defensive coach) and has been successful. I'm not all aboard the bandwagon, but I won't call him a terrible hire either.

Agree Matt, I am surprised about Zimmer. Only guess is that he is a bit older, not the young, "next big thing."


Yeah i hear you on both zimmer and bevell tony but like you not on that bandwagon. Whats Mike Tice doing heard today his contract just ran out with KFAN.
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:47 am

Unless the guy reveals himself to be a total genius in the interview room, I have no idea how a team could confidently hire Gase. He's got one year as a coordinator with Peyton Manning driving the Cadillac of NFL offense's. There's no way to know whether or not he's a genius or a mouth-breather.


Back to top Go down
MatthewL763
 
 
avatar

Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:00 am

Hearing Zimmer is now the favorite to land the job..........I can only hope. I've been wishing this for a quite a while.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   

Back to top Go down
 
Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: