:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Minnesota Vikings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:14 pm

At least they're not rushing into a new hire.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:22 pm

MatthewL763 wrote:
Hearing Zimmer is now the favorite to land the job..........I can only hope. I've been wishing this for a quite a while.

Maybe they should sign Hans Zimmer and at least when they come onto the field it would be to a cool theme tune before disappointing.  Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:41 pm

It's safe to say I would be happier with almost any non-football person versus what they will eventually go with.  See, I assume they will suck because that's what they do.  That said, let's make it fun.  Here is the list of guys I am holding out hope for despite no buzz about their potential (in my order of preference)...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:57 pm

I've been watching that top one for 20 min. hoping her boobs will pop out

hairout  hairout  hairout hissy fit  hissy fit  hissy fit  sad2  sad2  sad2

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:52 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
I've been watching that top one for 20 min. hoping her boobs will pop out

hairout  hairout  hairout hissy fit  hissy fit  hissy fit  sad2  sad2  sad2

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:58 am

you tease

Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:42 am

I was hoping since zimmer had been here all day there would be an announcement now im worried if its not finalized tomorrow i will be very disapointed but then again thats what i always expect. Just dont see the point of a second interview if their not signing him.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:12 am

Yeah, sorry, I could 2 shits whom they hire.

I'm, with Eric, been watching that first one foe a while, about 47 seconds, that's all I needed.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:27 am

I think Zimmer is a good hire.

rumors are that Scott Linehan will be his OC. ouch.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:28 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

rumors are that Scott Linehan will be his OC.  ouch.

I heard it could be Norv Turner as the OC.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

rumors are that Scott Linehan will be his OC.  ouch.

I would be perfectly happy with Linehan as OC (Turner too, for that matter.) They were both terrible head coaches, but they do have a solid record of success as OCs.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:33 pm

Well with this hiring we now know the name of the lowest paid Head coach.

I do see this change from Frazier to Zimmer as a positive. The hiring of either Linehan or Turner as the OC is also a positive. Unlike the Lions who actually regressed with their new hires.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:37 pm

I am all for anyone (good football mind or not) coming in and speaking to the Minnesota Vikings like this...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:17 pm

The subtitles make that video.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Yeah, sorry, I could 2 shits whom they hire.

I'm, with Eric, been watching that first one foe a while, about 47 seconds, that's all I needed.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:06 pm

I was thinking when I saw new posts here...

It's Vikings news.......

Does anybody really care??

raise eyebrow raise eyebrow raise eyebrow 

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:42 pm

not until the prove that their worth caring about

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
I was thinking when I saw new posts here...

It's Vikings news.......

Does anybody really care??

raise eyebrow raise eyebrow raise eyebrow 

If they'd get a quarterback I'd care. Until then  sleep 
Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:41 am

I hope we keep ponder so after one his ridiculous ints that zimmer could talk to him much worse than that defense.........plus we'll be in great shape for the #1 pick the following year.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:50 am

I hope they push Ponder into a busy intersection....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:10 am

Minnesota Destroyers wrote:

geez...and I thought I was a dick.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:31 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Minnesota Destroyers wrote:

geez...and I thought I  was a dick.

LOL...I'm just a bigger Vikings fan....

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:23 am

They should be able to get a shot one of the top 3-4 QB prospects in the draft, each of whom would be infinitely better than Ponder or Cassell... If the Vikings have any good sense, Ponder will never touch the ball (outside of and emergency situation) the rest of his stay in Minnesota... or they just dump him and end the stay completely...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 am

...but you forget how great we are at recycling shitty teams QBs...surely we don't need to spend a high draft pick on one...right?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:05 am

The sarcasm, it burns.....  Laughing 

But seriously, if the Vikings truly want to get better, they will use a high draft pick on one of the prospects this year, if they recycle another hand me down QB it is likely to be more of the same... I guss we'll see what they do.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:07 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
The sarcasm,  it burns.....    Laughing 

But seriously,  if the Vikings truly want to get better,  they will use a high draft pick on one of the prospects this year,  if they recycle another hand me down QB it is likely to be more of the same...   I guss we'll see what they do.

They should go ahead and draft two. Double your chances. Best case scenario they both work out and you trade one later.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:41 pm

I read several places that derek carr looked impressive recently and the vikes could take him the 8th. I think if they moved up to #2 at the last minute, that would sweet, but only for bridgewater. Manziel is about manziel and would throw a tantrum if put on the a.p. show. I hope texans take manziel, foster is closer to phasing out than a.p. but im a vikes fan so might be biased :) Either way I hope norv turner is for bringing in a rookie rather than wasting time trying to do something with ponder, or cassel, or whoever.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:54 pm

I would totally be ok with them selling the farm to do it too. We just need a few other holes filled, like a jared allen successor, and db help! and maybe a different vet wr to take pressure off patterson/rudolph. I dont think joe webb can convert. If Jarius wright could step up this year, that would really be ideal. The lb core has to hold up too, but it doesnt have any glaring holes, imo.

Back to top Go down
Luxembourg Miners

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:33 pm

AP will never win anything in Minnestoa....period....that about sounds up the state of this franchise....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:47 pm

evenodds wrote:
I read several places that derek carr looked impressive recently and the vikes could take him the 8th. I think if they moved up to #2 at the last minute, that would sweet, but only for bridgewater. Manziel is about manziel and would throw a tantrum if put on the a.p. show. I hope texans take manziel, foster is closer to phasing out than a.p. but im a vikes fan so might be biased :) Either way I hope norv turner is for bringing in a rookie rather than wasting time trying to do something with ponder, or cassel, or whoever.

I would rather not combine the history of Vikings organization with the history of the Carr family. Just doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
evenodds wrote:

I would rather not combine the history of Vikings organization with the history of the Carr family.  Just doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

Translation: "I will not be drafting David Carr"

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:36 pm

What if they traded for mark sanchez... how cheap could that be?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:41 pm

evenodds wrote:
What if they traded for mark sanchez... how cheap could that be?

Don't know why they would do that... if the Vikings want to suck they could just keep Ponder and Cassell... Mission accomplished. Sanchez isn't the answer if the teams wants better play at the QB position...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 am

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:12 am

As a Viking fan I really, really, really wished that they decided to do an open air stadium. That would have potentially given them a pretty big advantage, although I know the money factor in having a retractable roof.

With that said, the engineers of this building better construct it so it VERY loud as to provide that noise level that is needed for an advantage. Looks nice though.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:04 am

I agree. Any city/team/owner who builds a stadium should be trying to achieve what the Seahawks did or better because not doing so just means you are an idiot. I hate the "12th man" bullshit and those dumb cunts actually think that the human beings in that area are louder than other human beings  Laughing  but I think it would be awesome if home field advantage was like that for all teams. It would be good for all teams and force SeaHack fans to stfu since everyone else would have an architectural sound magnifier.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:49 am

I don't know, I think there is something to Seattle's 12th man thing... During the super bowl which was an 'away' game and was not necessarily a majority of Seahawks fans, it seemed to be significantly louder when Denver had the ball. Just sayin... I think what it is, is that most Seahawk fans have embraced the 12th man thing and they are all trying to do their part (moreso than other fanbases) to make noise.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:12 pm

1. There is always a majority rooting for one team or the other at an event so it being louder for Seattle just means more people were pulling for them.

2. That game got out of hand so fast and human nature being to pull for the winner combined with the sort of people that are at a Super Bowl (read "douchetards" as opposed to the normal crowd) that I am not so sure that game can be examined like that.

I do agree when it comes to Seattle home games, their fans have bought into it so technically you're right but having a stadium designed to magnify the shit should remove their right to run their mouths about it since the amount of "help" they get in their feathered quest to be the loudest is unknown. The only thing they should do is let others talk about their volume instead of boasting about it themselves.

While I think every other team should attempt to do the same with their stadiums, I am also aware that with such a change, an entirely new fanbase is also going to turn into douchebags talking about who is the loudest. One day we may barely even hear about who is winning games/rings because the fans will too preoccupied with winning "nothing" for being louder...LOL

I have wanted to like the Seahawks for years but they just keep finding ways to annoy the shit out of me. From Shaun Alexander to Mike Williams to Percy/Sidney and these tarded fans.

Ok, I will stop baggin on them for the next few minutes at least.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:55 pm

I like it - much better then the bears "spaceship"

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:33 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
I like it - much better then the bears "spaceship"

The Bears stadium does look a lil goofy. However, they have an excellent piece of land to work from. Views are great. They had to keep the Soldier Field columns and work up from them. Thus, you have this spacey thing going on as it folds out and over the original Soldier Field building. Happy the cheap bastards did what they did. Could have been better, also could still be playing in a 1970's field.

I give props to the Packers, they took that shitty old small stadium and built straight up go achieve their luxury/sky boxes. The finished product does not detract from the original. It is still an old stadium with a nice face lift and now the size to house. Well done.

The Vikes are takin' a page out of the one in Big D and Indy. Lots of daylight. Vikes went with a bit of an Aussie opera house feel in there design scheme. The interior is very nice looking (concourses, bars, lounges etc..) Only problem I see is that the team playing in it is still the Vikes.

Worst current stadium IMO is that crapper in Jacksonville. Followed by the Bills and then the San Diego, Carolina, and St Louis.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:44 pm

Minnesota isn't serious about Vick are they? Now AP is speaking out about wanting Vick. Does anyone else think this is a horribly bad idea. TOO OLD, TOO HURT!!!! They are just prolonging their QB woes if they pick up Vick. Unless you like the idea of drafting a QB and easing into the system slowly (especially with the crop of QB's this year) and letting Vick play for a year or 3 games however long it takes him to get hurt. I don't think any of the QB's coming in this year are NFL ready as a rookie, so maybe Vick buys them a little time but why go through all that. Just stay with the shit you have until your QB is ready. Did Matt Millen take over as the Minnesota GM?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:52 pm

If they pick up Vick, I think they would still take a QB this year and give him some time to develop as you mention. That isn't such a bad plan (depending on what Vick costs them). It would be a huge mistake to only pick up Vick thinking he can carry this team for a year or two...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Whatever the price tag is I think is too high for the limited contribution. The price tag would have to be about 1-2 mill for 1yr and I don't see that happening

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:38 pm

Minnesota LOVES the cock the idea that they can resurrect other teams shit into a gold nugget.  no 

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:32 pm

My God now that I think about it, besides Culpepper all they ever had was others teams used QB's. Cassel/Freeman, McNabb,Favre, Cunningham, George, Frerotte, McMahon, Johnson x2. Wow it's almost impressive as the list of shitty Bears QB's. I'm glad I'm a Packer fan, no wonder we have so many divisional titles and 2 SB in the last 17 years

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Poor Ponder Laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:35 pm

I remember when they almost got JP Losman from the Bills and I thought it was out of control then....they just never stop. Fuckin draft nothing but QBs because that "fuck up" would at least have the potential of turning up a diamond. What do they think is gonna happen here...Vick will suddenly sprout wings, wheels and a Gatling gun to shoot defenders ala "Last Boyscout" style? Stop throwing money away fuckheads.

Josh MOTHERFUCKIN Freeman. Nice use of 3 million dollars ramrods.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:41 am

Another funny update... They said they want Cassel back if he's willing to come back. He's probably the best fit for them all kidding aside, sign him to a 1-2 yr deal while they draft and develop. I'd rather have Cassel than Vick

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:47 am

Morawskd wrote:
Another funny update... They said they want Cassel back if he's willing to come back. He's probably the best fit for them all kidding aside, sign him to a 1-2 yr deal while they draft and develop. I'd rather have Cassel than Vick

I don't know about that but I think both are a complete waste of time so I really can't argue anyones preference.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:14 pm

The way this franchise handles QB's is a joke... Bringing in old veterans is one thing if you are trying to develop a rookie but bringing in a Vick or a Cassel and expecting to compete is just silly. Sure the Donkos got away with it, but that is because they brought in Manning...

And I know people bitch about Freeman, but he is not a bad player, he has better physical and arm talent than Cassel or Ponder. I am not saying he is great or anything, but the way the Vikings handled that situation was just a joke (in a long line of jokes). They sign Freeman for 3 million, which in and of itself was not the problem, the issue was they rush to throw him in a game before he even knows the playbook or has had any time to develop chemistry with the WRs, and after he has a terrible showing (which they should have expected) they put themselves in a situation with the players and the fans where they can't put him back out there or develop him any further, so the investment is blown and they never even got to find out if Freeman could have been a fit or not... Freeman isn't a stud by any means but I would take him over Cassel or Ponder all day long. They just mismanage the QB situation over and over and over, and never get anywhere for long... and they never seem to learn their lesson from any of the failed attempts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   

Back to top Go down

Minnesota Vikings
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: