HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 
 

 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5453

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:28 am

St. Louis Duffers wrote:
When we run out of money who takes over nominations for us?

Not completely sure. We will work something out.


Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:53 am

RR looks like it will get to that stage faster with 26 more completed auctions than PP.


Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens
 
 
avatar

Posts : 335

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:35 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
St. Louis Duffers wrote:
When we run out of money who takes over nominations for us?

Not completely sure.  We will work something out.

The setup is 12 teams competing for 36 players......when a team no longer has funds, hence not able to nominate....shouldn't the # of nominations reflect the remaining teams that still have funds?

By keeping the nominations at 36 it will make it easier for the remaining teams to pick up players as the # of teams decline.


Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
North Carolina Cobras
 
 
avatar

Posts : 333

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:50 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
St. Louis Duffers wrote:
When we run out of money who takes over nominations for us?

Not completely sure.  We will work something out.

The setup is 12 teams competing for 36 players......when a team no longer has funds, hence not able to nominate....shouldn't the # of nominations reflect the remaining teams that still have funds?

By keeping the nominations at 36 it will make it easier for the remaining teams to pick up players as the # of teams decline.

Yes. I agree. If a team has no money they should no longer be able to nominate or have nominations placed for them.


Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Tfw you're all set to make a new nomination and some yokel makes a new bid with less than an hour left



Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:14 pm

I would think if you got no money left you couldn't make a bid/nomination anyway.. Not sure though


Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 213

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Polk High Panthers wrote:
I would think if you got no money left you couldn't make a bid/nomination anyway.. Not sure though

I agree, if you have no money and make a nomination, then nobody else bids, then you essentially would get that player for free. Only people with money should be able to nominate.


Back to top Go down
Faber College Mongols
 
 
avatar

Posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:43 pm

The system wont let you nominate for less than $1, $0 budget means you wont be able to nom or bid. This will also mean the amount of noms will automatically decrease by 3 each time a player finishes.

There problems solved/answered, now stop talking about being out of money and go make that dream a reality.


Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:46 pm

I'm 100% sure the system won't allow you to nominate without money.


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5453

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Yeah, folks cannot nom if they dont have money MFL wont allow it. I would think we want to keep 36 noms up no matter if some are out of money or not, but maybe Matt can weigh in how they handled it during the main league auction 100 years ago.


Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens
 
 
avatar

Posts : 335

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Yeah, folks cannot nom if they dont have money MFL wont allow it.  I would think we want to keep 36 noms up no matter if some are out of money or not, but maybe Matt can weigh in how they handled it during the main league auction 100 years ago.

WHY? Carla said: "I would think we want to keep 36 noms up no matter if some are out of money or not"

As I noted earlier it the becomes easier for remaining teams to pick up players at a lower cost, fewer teams bidding.

This should have planned for prior to the start of the auction...as it would have definitely changed strategies.


Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1754

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:06 pm

MobTown Ravens wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Yeah, folks cannot nom if they dont have money MFL wont allow it.  I would think we want to keep 36 noms up no matter if some are out of money or not, but maybe Matt can weigh in how they handled it during the main league auction 100 years ago.

WHY? Carla said: "I would think we want to keep 36 noms up no matter if some are out of money or not"

As I noted earlier it the becomes easier for remaining teams to pick up players at a lower cost, fewer teams bidding.

This should have planned for prior to the start of the auction...as it would have definitely changed strategies.

I don't think that would matter too much. Either way, the people with more money are gonna get players cheaper toward the end. They'll just have to wait longer and nominate the players themselves.




Last edited by Maplewood Doppelgangers on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 21976

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Carla, it's your call if you want to expand the number of nominations to 4 or 5. If a team is out of money they are done. If a team has money but is done trying to acquire players they may be done by choice. What you can't do is continue bidding and refuse to nominate until the very end. Let common sense rule the day.


Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Is anyone unhappy with their team so far? I'm delighted with mine, which is quite surprising.


Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Sick logo, Unis!


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 745

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:00 pm

I should have been more precise with the question I  knew no money meant no nominations I was just curious for the rest of the owners in the PP conference draft if the number of  nominations would decrease as owners finished their draft or if they were going to allow those still involved in the draft to nominate more players.


Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:38 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Sick logo, Unis!

Amazing that Andy somehow managed to make Unicorns menacing!

Yours isn't too shabby either. Andy has done a great job with them all.


Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 213

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Josh Gordon, steal of the draft.


Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Josh Gordon, steal of the draft.

rofl

I'd be amazed if he plays in the NFL ever again. And if he does, it's only a matter of time before he's suspended again.


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6260

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Josh Gordon, steal of the draft.

You're right. You should give him a nice long contract to make us all regret it for a while


Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Josh Gordon, steal of the draft.

You're right.  You should give him a nice long contract to make us all regret it for a while

10-year starter, imo


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6260

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Is anyone unhappy with their team so far? I'm delighted with mine, which is quite surprising.

That's a boring question. Much more fun to talk about other people's teams!

poking


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19880

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:00 pm

When I nominated him I was super nervous nobody would bid.


Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Is anyone unhappy with their team so far? I'm delighted with mine, which is quite surprising.

That's a boring question.  Much more fun to talk about other people's teams!

poking

All I'll say is I'm glad I'm in Chapter Ten. wink


Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:04 pm

I think as teams finish buying players or run out of money then the remaining teams could maybe have 4 noms at a time to keep the process moving and maybe more towards the end. Just my opinion.


Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 213

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
When I nominated him I was super nervous nobody would bid.

And I thought I would be outbid. Had my proxy at $10.


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:17 pm

I have to say I really enjoy reading the signings in the different team's press releases, makes me strive to make mine creative.. nice job on em


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6260

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Polk High Panthers wrote:
I have to say I really enjoy reading the signings in the different team's press releases, makes me strive to make mine creative.. nice job on em

It's amazing how good everyone's players are going to be


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Polk High Panthers wrote:
I have to say I really enjoy reading the signings in the different team's press releases, makes me strive to make mine creative.. nice job on em

It's amazing how good everyone's players are going to be

Laughing


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1754

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:56 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Polk High Panthers wrote:
I have to say I really enjoy reading the signings in the different team's press releases, makes me strive to make mine creative.. nice job on em

It's amazing how good everyone's players are going to be

Not mine! Just one post with no cheesy commentary.


Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:28 pm

I'm interested in reading the analysis on each teams 40th acquisition...


Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2052

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:32 am

Some of my better acquisitions of the auction have been the later ones.


Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 455

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:36 am

Question...

We obviously need to have minimum 22 players on roster for it to be viable. But do we need all the relevant positions covered?

For instance if I had 22 guys but no kicker or CBs would the system allow me to do it?

I can just pick up CBs on waivers I don't really want to waste my precious $s on them unless I have to...


Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 546

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Question...

We obviously need to have minimum 22 players on roster for it to be viable. But do we need all the relevant positions covered?

For instance if I had 22 guys but no kicker or CBs would the system allow me to do it?

I can just pick up CBs on waivers I don't really want to waste my precious $s on them unless I have to...

My guess would be that you have to have the minimums covered because it would create a valid lineup per the bylaws. I will defer to Carla, Matt #3, or Andy on it though.


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:27 am

I think he means out of the auction... And if I recall correctly after the auction is kaput than we have one blind bid waiver period and then fcfs so I would assume you can fill your holes (if you have any) via those methods...


Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:28 am

I would think you can exit the draft with whatever you want and then we have FA (either bidding or FCFS).


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:39 am

the real conversation we need to be having is welcoming the Valhalla viktors to the party... with 84 dollars left to spend he finally at least has a bid on his first defensive player


Back to top Go down
Faber College Mongols
 
 
avatar

Posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:45 am

The teams to worry about already spent more than that on LBs lol.
It's interesting to see how teams value depth when the minimum requirements are set so low. Personally I budgeted to hit between 45-50.
I have a feeling FA isn't going to go as smoothly as soon are hoping for but I'll keep those thoughts to myself for now.


Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2052

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:57 am

As I March toward the 30 player mark I a happy with where I will end up depth wise. RR owners aren't afraid to spend which is refreshing. I went on a buying tear a few days ago and still feel k with what I can pick up before I am out of cash.


Back to top Go down
Denver Demons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:13 am

As things come together, whoever I'm scheduled to play on week 5 is gonna have a good week


Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:18 am

What I planned to do and what I actually did are a little different...LOL


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1754

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:09 am

Southside Spartans wrote:
What I planned to do and what I actually did are a little different...LOL


What are plans? I'm just winging it!


Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 455

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:11 am

Southside Spartans wrote:
What I planned to do and what I actually did are a little different...LOL

Haha best laid plans. Yeah mine went clean out the window by day 2!


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 21976

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:15 am

You need a legal lineup in week 1. What you have when the auction ends is up to you.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19880

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:16 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
You need a legal lineup in week 1. What you have when the auction ends is up to you.

vote yes

Did anyone not know that?! Waiver wire is king lol3


Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 am

waivers are going to be interesting for sure


Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots
 
 
avatar

Posts : 186

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:01 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Southside Spartans wrote:
What I planned to do and what I actually did are a little different...LOL

Haha best laid plans. Yeah mine went clean out the window by day 2!

Just like preparing for battle, the best plans going out the window when the first bullet is fired. That pretty much sums up how my draft has been going.


Back to top Go down
Online
Tenafly Vipers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 am

What's everyone's worst take? Mine is definitely that early buy of Tavon Austin, who at the time seemed like a great discount. There was just no way to properly value players in the first couple days.


Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:16 am

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
What's everyone's worst take? Mine is definitely that early buy of Tavon Austin, who at the time seemed like a great discount. There was just no way to properly value players in the first couple days.

Theo Riddick for $30. I bid on him during work on my phone and it was decent value overall but I thought I had enough in my budget to get him and Woodhead. I was wrong and now there is a potential scenario where Riddick is my only startable RB this year (which is actually fine since I'm deep at WR).


Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:19 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Question...

We obviously need to have minimum 22 players on roster for it to be viable. But do we need all the relevant positions covered?

For instance if I had 22 guys but no kicker or CBs would the system allow me to do it?

I can just pick up CBs on waivers I don't really want to waste my precious $s on them unless I have to...

This was my plan too. People spending money on Kickers is amazing to me.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: