HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:44 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I wanted to see the current bids and comment.

http://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=67922&O=03&TYPE=*&FRANCHISE=0000&DAYS=30

http://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/67922#14

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:31 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
You will see won players and the amounts once there are some winners

Damn that sucks, I wanted to see the current bids and comment. tongue

Anything out of wack yet?

Yes.

That one bid was idiotic.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:51 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Yes.

Did you see that other bid?

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:54 am

I am starting to find my comfort zone with a few players. God help me otherwise. I may not end up with them and I may not own them now, but I am getting comfortable with a few either way

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I am starting to find my comfort zone

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:16 pm

I was a little concerned I had made a dumb auction while not paying attention. Now I see what you're talking about. That's, uh..ballsy.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Yes.

Which one? Give me a clue. I feel like I'm missing out.

Mad

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:35 pm

This is a lot less dramatic than I thought it would be.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

It's day 1. Nothing has closed yet. We will get there!

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:36 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Which one? Give me a clue.

Dan Bailey.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:36 pm

Dont let Nick bully us into drama. We are doing mighty fine

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:39 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

It's almost the weekend...just wait for the drinking picks to start.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:57 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

It's almost the weekend...just wait for the drinking picks to start.

That was happening at noon for me!

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:17 pm

Wow 17% for a RB. I don't care how much of a "generational talent" Zeke is, that is a bit much.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:25 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:
Wow 17% for a RB.  I don't care how much of a "generational talent" Zeke is, that is a bit much.

Don't listen to him, St Louis. Go get your guy! Whatever it takes.

zip it

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Denver Demons wrote:
Kansas City Kings wrote:
Wow 17% for a RB.  I don't care how much of a "generational talent" Zeke is, that is a bit much.

Don't listen to him, St Louis. Go get your guy! Whatever it takes.

zip it

Yep, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut while an auction is active. People can do what they want with their own team and I'll do what I want with mine.

I'll brag or ridicule once a player is won.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:05 pm

RBs went to for serious money back in 2012

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:44 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:

Yep, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut while an auction is active.  People can do what they want with their own team and I'll do what I want with mine.

Same, with the crowd here I am sure everyone has their own plan.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:05 pm

The way Justin is bidding, it looks like he wants his old team back.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:17 pm

I don't want my old team back... I hope to do better

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:01 am

That feeling when you wake up and have been bid up on a ton of guys including one with a few hours left.

via GIPHY

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:10 am

First player won - Carson Wentz $70, Mobtown Ravens

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:21 am

Wish I had not binge watched amazons All Or Nothing (Rams season) the day before the auction started. feel like i have a bias towards Rams players even though in my analytical mind says they will still most likely be hot garbage again. lol3

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:28 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
That feeling when you wake up and have been bid up on a ton of guys including one with a few hours left.

I never bid on players when the remaining time is in the Red....to me a team has survived the auction battle, deserves to win the player.  Typically teams bidding in the red time on a player bid several times to just get above the proxy bid.   Where were these teams during the past 24 hrs?  When teams start bidding in red time I've seen a "pay back" attitude in a league get going.  Which reflects poor sportsmanship.
I've heard all the "good" reasons why a team bids in red time...I'm sure they'll be posted again.

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:31 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:

I never bid on players when the remaining time is in the Red....to me a team has survived the auction battle, deserves to win the player.  Typically teams bidding in the red time on a player bid several times to just get above the proxy bid.   Where were these teams during the past 24 hrs?  When teams start bidding in red time I've seen a "pay back" attitude in a league get going.  Which reflects poor sportsmanship.
I've heard all the "good" reasons why a team bids in red time...I'm sure they'll be posted again.

WOW !!! well I just got hit by a tornado in the final few

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:46 am

Polk High Panthers wrote:
MobTown Ravens wrote:

WOW !!! well I just got hit by a tornado in the final few

The Tornado didnt bid on anyone that didnt have 3 hrs or more left. Nobody was in the red when it got windy. I have to have at least 1 IDP stud or my team will suck donkey balls.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:52 am

Totally agree Mac, unless for some reason I have been unable to reach a computer/phone in 24 hours I would always do the same.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:54 am

Boom McCaffrey @ $71 I am really happy with. I budgeted $110 for him so I am nearly $40 in the black already.
And I know $110 would have been excessive but he is my boy and I have high hopes. I think I will have really good value @ $71

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:20 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:

This appears to be a topic of conversation that came up in the main league too. It earned me a bunch of middle fingers from Matt the one time I did it, but things change and strategies change. It happens. Now sometimes someone is just being annoying to be annoying, but I think that is probably pretty rare in a league like this with owners like this. Could be wrong though.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:24 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:

I can see bidding in the red time if a perceived bargain is to be had. No? I thought the auction battle was 24 hours.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:39 am

Ed knows. Still stings when it happens

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:46 am

The very good news - winning Michael Thomas, a 24 year old stud WR who will be even more of a target monster w/o cooks.

The bad news - losing Davis with 30 minutes left on a 24 hour clock. People who do this to me are just holding up a sign that says "please do this to me!!!" I will happily oblige.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:57 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:

I agree Mac.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:00 am

I also wasn't happy to wake up and see I didn't get Beckham. I was more not happy when I looked in my email to see that he was bid up by $1 four times right in a row to figure out my top bid and beat me out by $1.

Last edited by Maplewood Doppelgangers on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:01 am

I also wasn't happy to wake up and see I didn't get Beckham. I was more not happy when I looked in my email to see that he was bid by $1 on right in a row to figure out my top bid and beat me out by $1.

Are you crying? Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:01 am

I also wasn't happy to wake up and see I didn't get Beckham. I was more not happy when I looked in my email to see that he was bid by $1 on right in a row to figure out my top bid and beat me out by $1.

Someone just tried to do the same with Evans with less than a minute left in his auction

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:04 am

Only way to make sure you get your guy is put a higher proxy on him than even you would pay. That can be dangerous too

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:07 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
MobTown Ravens wrote:

This appears to be a topic of conversation that came up in the main league too.  It earned me a bunch of middle fingers from Matt the one time I did it, but things change and strategies change.  It happens.  Now sometimes someone is just being annoying to be annoying, but I think that is probably pretty rare in a league like this with owners like this.  Could be wrong though.

Those were middle fingers of love.

love middle finger love middle finger love middle finger love middle finger love

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:10 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
MobTown Ravens wrote:

I can see bidding in the red time if a perceived bargain is to be had.  No?  I thought the auction battle was 24 hours.  

I agree with this. The full clock is there - whether it is 24 hours or 72 hours. I have been price checked 5 times on a guy inside 20 minutes, so its legal but not fun frustrated

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:12 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
MobTown Ravens wrote:

I can see bidding in the red time if a perceived bargain is to be had.  No?  I thought the auction battle was 24 hours.  

I agree with this.  The full clock is there - whether it is 24 hours or 72 hours.  I have been price checked 5 times on a guy inside 20 minutes, so its legal but not fun frustrated

It wasnt me.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:19 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
MobTown Ravens wrote:

I agree with this.  The full clock is there - whether it is 24 hours or 72 hours.  I have been price checked 5 times on a guy inside 20 minutes, so its legal but not fun frustrated

I get bidding towards the end of an auction if you think there is a good deal to be had, but put in your best offer, not $1 bids to just reach the treshold.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:21 am

I agree. somebody was price checking the hell out of my bids there at the end. oh well. i got my guys.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:23 am

Probably the same person that just snagged Luck away from me! tough guy

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:

That is exactly right. You are value hunting. Is it annoying? Yes. Do you try to avoid it? Yes. It's going to happen and most the time there is no malevolent intent.

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:28 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
I agree.  somebody was price checking the hell out of my bids there at the end.  oh well.  i got my guys.

The price checking is beyond fucking annoying imo. I can see last minute bids here and there especially because strategies can change based off of what is happening with other bids/players. Just becomes total crap when someone is consistently doing it to fuck with ya.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:36 am

Eh. There are instances where everything is okay. It's just consistently doing things like these that gets annoying.

Like waking up to see none of my high bids are still there? If there's a comparable guy at a lower price about to run out, I could definitely see myself re-starting the clock there.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:38 am

This thread should be renamed "2017 Minor League Bitch Session Thread"

Saddle up fuckers, it is a long auction. laughing

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:38 am

I dont understand? Price checking is what you guys are calling $1 up bidding? How is that price checking?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:39 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Saddle up fuckers, it is a long auction.  laughing

Someone is jealous

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:40 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Saddle up fuckers, it is a long auction.  laughing

Yeah anyone who has ever been in an auction knows they are frustrating.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   

Back to top Go down

2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: