:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Haddonfield Slashers wrote:
Pretty sure its draft till your broke.. fill as many spots as you want

That's the way I see it. Just ike to be sure. Hate for it to end and I still have money

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:38 pm

North Carolina Cobras wrote:
Haddonfield Slashers wrote:
Pretty sure its draft till your broke.. fill as many spots as you want

That's the way I see it. Just ike to be sure. Hate for it to end and I still have money

Justin will make a early exit if he keeps up his bidding!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:42 pm

So is there anything more in these 5 pages than 'Waaah, someone bid late on a player I was winning - it's not fair....'

laughing

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:45 pm

England Dragons wrote:
So is there anything more in these 5 pages than 'Waaah, someone bid late on a player I was winning - it's not fair....'

laughing

Nope. Not really. We're all whiny bitches!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:18 pm

I should have remembered in my example that you could only reduce a bid to one more than the current. Oh well. Point is the same.

As for the end of the auction, you can stop when you have all the players you want or you run out of money. At some point it will be inevitable that Carla/Matt will make the decision that you can nominate as many as you'd like as long as there aren't more than 36 active auctions per conference because some will no longer be interested in obtaining players. Obviously it's too early for anyone to claim that's their position.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:57 pm

You can stop bidding when this happens:

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
You can stop bidding when this happens:

Luckily I'll be up at 445 to up bids on the RR side mischevious

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:02 pm

I feel like I need to bid up Antonio Brow just to keep the Silverbacks from having Julio, Zeke and AB

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I feel like I need to bid up Antonio Brow just to keep the Silverbacks from having Julio, Zeke and AB

That is a fierce trio.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:

That is a fierce trio.

Add Drew Breed to that. Yikes.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:43 pm

Busy afternoon. Just noticed all of my noms have come off the board in the last eight hours, so their replacements are up. By my count, we still need four more nominations in PP for 36

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:08 am

Only one of my original 3 players have sold. I'm desperate for a nomination.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:46 am

Stingy Carla. No players won and not the high bidder on anybody.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:20 am

I have put up 6 nominations so far which I think is a good number. I am having a lot of fun. With only 36 noms max people keep bidding and bidding. Shoot I throw a bid in there just to get the juices flowing........

I have to say that the speed of nominations so far is much faster than 2012. 32 up I can live with people have lives I guess.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:39 am

Just put up my 6th nomination so the pace is picking up...of course I'm not winning any of these players

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:11 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Stingy Carla.  No players won and not the high bidder on anybody.

Well I just woke up and all my players I bid on disappeared. Savages, Gosh darn savages hit in the night!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:12 am

A couple noms need to go up in the PP conference, gentlemen

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:40 am

Keep tickling, Carla. Keep tickling . . .

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:55 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Keep tickling, Carla.  Keep tickling . . .

I am!

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:02 am

Looks like Valhalla's going for the old studs and duds structure. Looking forward to seeing who he gets on the cheap from here on

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:34 am

The better question Blake, is why you dont let me have anyone I want?
lol3

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:56 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
The better question Blake, is why you dont let me have anyone I want?
lol3

Lol. Look who's whining now. lol3

Nah, I think we just have similar tastes here. I can't help that we both want some really good players

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:15 am

Good morning all you drafting genuises

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:23 am

Another day of checking my phone every 10 minutes to see if I've been outbid.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:35 am

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:

Gonna try and not do every 10 minutes today. We shall see

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:37 am

Denver Demons wrote:
Looks like Valhalla's going for the old studs and duds structure. Looking forward to seeing who he gets on the cheap from here on

lol3

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:45 am

Savages, every last one of em

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:45 am

Interesting:

So far I have gone wire to wire with 2 of 6 nominations. I have never had such a high percentage this early. A few days in back in 2012 I was Carla, the person with no players won ho gets snipes while I sleep. Progress.

Justin is still spending big on top talent early........the more things change the more they stay the same. lol3 lol3 lol3

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:55 am

I need you secret Jason

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:06 am

Dont forget about Carla!

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:22 am

Early rounds in this format are like a shark feeding frenzy. I do believe I could nominate an offensive lineman or a long snapper and someone would up the bid on him.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:24 am

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
Interesting:

So far I have gone wire to wire with 2 of 6 nominations. I have never had such a high percentage this early. A few days in back in 2012 I was Carla, the person with no players won ho gets snipes while I sleep. Progress.

Justin is still spending big on top talent early........the more things change the more they stay the same. lol3 lol3 lol3

Mike Thomas auction was really good. With hindsight, I would have went a little further with him. More targets freed up with Cooks leaving and surely he'll improve on an already great rookie season.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:28 am

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Interesting:

Mike Thomas auction was really good. With hindsight, I would have went a little further with him. More targets freed up with Cooks leaving and surely he'll improve on an already great rookie season.

This may be a future bet for us Ross...

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:32 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Interesting:

This may be a future bet for us Ross...

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:33 am

Ghoji I am very willing to bet that Thomas a better season this year. State your terms.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:42 am

Early rounds in this format are like a shark feeding frenzy. I do believe I could nominate an offensive lineman or a long snapper and someone would up the bid on him.

Some people just cant stand to see $1 as the high bid.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:16 am

My concern with Thomas is in years past Brees. If you think Brees is around for 3 more years great stuff. But if he isnt and/or what happens to all the Saints WR's when he is gone?

Love Thomas dont get me wrong and I know 100 other things could be said about other WRs, but the Saints have never had a tough D (in years and years) and they werent good prior to Brees for years and years.

No guarantees my concerns are valid but drafting Thomas is kinda like drafting Fitz and Marshall a little bit. They are going to have good or great seasons this year, but what happens in 2018-2020? Not saying this is a fair comparison but it is a concern I have.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:17 am

Some people just cant stand to see $1 as the high bid.

Even for a kicker.  laughing

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:22 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
My concern with Thomas is in years past Brees.  If you think Brees is around for 3 more years great stuff.  But if he isnt and/or what happens to all the Saints WR's when he is gone?

Love Thomas dont get me wrong and I know 100 other things could be said about other WRs, but the Saints have never had a tough D (in years and years) and they werent good prior to Brees for years and years.

No guarantees my concerns are valid but drafting Thomas is kinda like drafting Fitz and Marshall a little bit.  They are going to have good or great seasons this year, but what happens in 2018-2020?  Not saying this is a fair comparison but it is a concern I have.

The Saints don't have a good D and whether Brees is there ot not, they will always be playing from behind which means they will be throwing the ball up and down the field... playing catch up

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:33 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
My concern with Thomas is in years past Brees.  If you think Brees is around for 3 more years great stuff.  But if he isnt and/or what happens to all the Saints WR's when he is gone?

No guarantees my concerns are valid but drafting Thomas is kinda like drafting Fitz and Marshall a little bit.  They are going to have good or great seasons this year, but what happens in 2018-2020?  Not saying this is a fair comparison but it is a concern I have.

The answer to your concern is simple Sean Payton. His offenses produce points and he is a proven developer of quarterbacks......Brees is a great QB but as long as Payton is the coach the offense will produce.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:35 am

Another concern........the coach staying.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:36 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

The Saints don't have a good D and whether Brees is there ot not, they will always be playing from behind which means they will be throwing the ball up and down the field... playing catch up

As long as they keep a solid Oline.....this will reduce my concerns.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:37 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Another concern........the coach staying.

Good point. I say anything less than a playoff berth and Payton is gone

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:37 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

Dont forget about Carla!

I see you Arsenic

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:43 am

Thomas in particular surprised me. He was a good but not great WR in a system at Ohio state that does not feature or produce very many elite WR prospects. Last year he was far and away the best offensive rookie not named Zeke elliot. Couple that with an offense where he is clearly the alpha dog WR, and without cooks he is the primary intermediate/deep option and there is a recipe for huge success.

As far as the coach staying....Payton is by no means on a hot seat. The conference is winnable.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:46 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I need you secret Jason

I actually have a secret or two. make fun

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:53 am

Thomas in particular surprised me. He was a good but not great WR in a system at Ohio state that does not feature or produce very many elite WR prospects. Last year he was far and away the best offensive rookie not named Zeke elliot. Couple that with an offense where he is clearly the alpha dog WR, and without cooks he is the primary intermediate/deep option and there is a recipe for huge success.

As far as the coach staying....Payton is by no means on a hot seat. The conference is winnable.

Nope not a hot seat....I think he would leave for another gig though if asked

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:55 am

Coaches leave and QB's leave but talent always survives.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:57 am

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Coaches leave and QB's leave but talent always survives.
Preach it!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   

Back to top Go down

2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: