HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Malchi Dupre WR GBP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:08 pm

Quote :
Seventh-round pick Malachi Dupre has vaulted ahead of fifth-rounder DeAngelo Yancey at Packers minicamp.
In three-receiver sets with vested veterans resting, Dupre worked alongside Davante Adams and Trevor Davis at Tuesday's practice. "He’s definitely an accomplished receiver coming out of college," said coach Mike McCarthy of Dupre. "He’s done a lot of good things. I’ll tell you, mentally, he’s picked it up probably the quickest of the perimeter group. He’s having a good offseason." Dupre's progress is worth monitoring in deep Dynasty leagues.

Let's hope this kid turns out. agreed

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:06 pm

I've got him stashed on a taxi squad in a league where I own Jordy.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:36 pm

I hope he turns out good for the Packers too. Jordy isn't getting any younger, so finding a good replacement is key

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:46 pm

I inherited a shitty dynasty league team with a college and a pro side where the college guys get added to your pro roster after they leave college. Malachi Dupre was one of the highlights on my college roster. He's a great athlete that was underutilized at LSU (shocking, I know). It's great to see he's making the most out of this. He was pretty highly rated out of high school, iirc.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:54 am

Interesting turn of events. I thought I had read he was struggling and was fighting for a roster spot. I own him everywhere I can because he was sitting at the tail end of drafts and I figured he was worth a flyer. That and of course LSU can't figure out how to use receivers and obviously the Packers can.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:49 am

Adams gets balls because Jordy and Cobb are tired, injured or tired and injured.  He isnt that good he isnt terrible either. I own him because of the opportunity more than his talent.   Dupre has all the opportunity he wants....and that is all he needs.

Last edited by Indiana Mayhem on Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:30 am

Garbage. Trade him before everyone figures it out. You're welcome.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Garbage.  Trade him before everyone figures it out.  You're welcome.

lol3

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Still more valuable than your very own flop Minnesota Viking Treadwell.... laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Still more valuable than your very own flop Minnesota Viking Treadwell....  laughing

Impressive. How you can get so much wrong in one sentence. What the Vikings do has nothing to do with me. Dupre has no value so at best Treadwell is a push.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:28 pm

"Vaulted" ahead of a FIFTH rounder????  shrug

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:11 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Still more valuable than your very own flop Minnesota Viking Treadwell....  laughing

Impressive.  How you can get so much wrong in one sentence.  What the Vikings do has nothing to do with me.  Dupre has no value so at best Treadwell is a push.

I know you don't like to admit your purple pride, but it is there. Gross, but it is there. laughing

And the only thing that push and Treadwell have in common are that he is what you push out of your ass.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:45 am

Not many WR's are impact players before year 3-4 on the Packers. Always a decent group of WR's, hard to sniff playing time. When Adams rookie contract is up and moves on and Jordy wanes Dupree/Davis will see more time.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:39 am

Still Adams is not that good, but he is leaned on.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:18 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

I could not disagree more. Adams is really, really good. The rest of the NFL will continue to be convinced.

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:42 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

I could not disagree more. Adams is really, really good. The rest of the NFL will continue to be convinced.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:09 am

Well I guess only time will tell. As a football fan, you can see Davante has the athletic ability, last year he finally put his route running and head in the game. Hopefully I can come back and say I told you so. There are too many Bears and Viking fans here. laughing

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:39 am

I agree Adams has a lot of talent . If he can hold onto the ball a little more consistently his numbers are going to going through the roof. Seems like focus issues or confidence issues? I'm not sure, he'll make an unbelievable difficult catch and then drop a catchable ball. On a side note he's probably the Packer I've cussed out the most over the last 30yrs simply because he's so athletically gifted and just hasn't put it all together yet. It'll be interesting to see what the Packers do when his rookie contract is up. If he hasn't stepped it up by then I'm not sure they'll resign him.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:42 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Adams is not really, really good.  He is good because his QB makes him good.  You have something measurable to compare him to.  Other WRs have left GB because they thought they were really, really good.  Please tell me how much success they have had when they make that decision.  Rodgers continuously has multiple WRs that catch at least 8 TDs.  It is that offense and that QB that make someone good.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Adams is not really, really good.  He is good because his QB makes him good.  You have something measurable to compare him to.  Other WRs have left GB because they thought they were really, really good.  Please tell me how much success they have had when they make that decision.  Rodgers continuously has multiple WRs that catch at least 8 TDs.  It is that offense and that QB that make someone good.

Well of course, Rodgers makes every WR better than they are, but I would venture to say that Adams is the most physically gifted WR on the roster right now. I honestly feel that if he can make another stride this year, the Packers will be in very capable hands when Jordy leaves with Adams taking over the WR1 role. Maybe only my opinion, but dude has he tools.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

That could also be due to the fact that the Packers don't sign older WR's. Rarely will you see a WR get a 3rd contract in GB. I agree Rodgers has something to do with it but age plays a factor too by the time they get to another team they're already trending down.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I agree Rodgers has something to do with it but age plays a factor too by the time they get to another team they're already trending down.

Oh come on, Greg Jennings worked out just fine! lol 2

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:38 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

That could also be due to the fact that the Packers don't sign older WR's. Rarely will you see a WR get a 3rd contract in GB. I agree Rodgers has something to do with it but age plays a factor too by the time they get to another team they're already trending down.

I know they are trending down. You know they are trending down. Yet front offices give them money because the player thinks it is him. Here's an article snippet from the end of Cobb's rookie deal.

The youngest unrestricted free agent on the market at age 24, Cobb will have a second opportunity for a monster contract in four or five years -- provided he remains one of the most productive slot receivers in the league. Barring injury, that's guaranteed to happen in Green Bay. Can he say the same about Oakland or Jacksonville?

My point is that this was true for Cobb in 2015 and you could just as easily insert Adams into that article and update the teams to say Rams/49ers. If Adams is that good, then I expect Nick takes him in the same spot in a fantasy draft regardless if Rodgers or Goff is throwing the ball.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Well of course there is a difference between Rodgers and a guy who was afraid to suit up last year. But in most situations, yes, I take Adams early. He is young, athletic, and improving. Situation is a lot in fantasy, and he may be in an even better spot somewhere else where they don't spread the ball around as much.

But yeah, this thread is about Dupre, and he is raw but I have high hopes for him as well.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:44 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
Seventh-round pick Malachi Dupre has vaulted ahead of fifth-rounder DeAngelo Yancey at Packers minicamp.
In three-receiver sets with vested veterans resting, Dupre worked alongside Davante Adams and Trevor Davis at Tuesday's practice. "He’s definitely an accomplished receiver coming out of college," said coach Mike McCarthy of Dupre. "He’s done a lot of good things. I’ll tell you, mentally, he’s picked it up probably the quickest of the perimeter group. He’s having a good offseason." Dupre's progress is worth monitoring in deep Dynasty leagues.

Let's hope this kid turns out. agreed

I hadn't seen this yet. Anytime GB drafts a WR or picks up a UFDA WR you gotta take notice as they have talent in finding talent at the position

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:25 pm

Scary scene tonight. I was at the game, and that happened like 30 yards from me. They are saying reports are positive, man I hope so. He was lifeless instantly.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:05 am

Damn, just saw the hit.  Looks like the defender was pretty dazed from the hit as well.  Reports are he has movement in all his extremities, but that must have been scary to see live and absolutely terrifying for his family.

Edit: He is also tweeting saying he is fine, so that is a great sign.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:02 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Damn, just saw the hit.  Looks like the defender was pretty dazed from the hit as well.  Reports are he has movement in all his extremities, but that must have been scary to see live and absolutely terrifying for his family.

Edit: He is also tweeting saying he is fine, so that is a great sign.

Yeah, just freaky. I was at the game with my 7 year old and she was really nervous for him. She had never seen anything like that live. Nuts to see, you could have heard a pin drop in that stadium.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:06 am

Pretty big hit. Didn't see it until now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malchi Dupre WR GBP   

Back to top Go down

Malchi Dupre WR GBP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: