:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:02 pm

mischevious

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Ok, probably get fined somehow for this since I am sure I have read all this several times but what the Hell. It's been a long few weeks and the 4th is almost upon us. I am sure many will be trying to refocus after Tuesday's celebrations and then BAM its draft time on the 6th. So just looking for a little refresher course.

1. Bylawss states draft will be held on MFL.
From the bylawys 00. Initial Draft (section to be removed after draft occurs)
b) All bids must be placed on the MFL website.
So, we select players and bid there? When I go there now and select a player, there is an option to add player.
Is this the place we will bid? Just tryimg to be familiar with the process. As also the BYLAWS states there will be a thread on the message board.

2. Also do we have to nominate players before we can bid.
According to Bylaws we "may" bid on 3 but I was thinking I had read elsewhere that you "MUST" nominate players before you could bid on other owner's nominations.
BYLAWS read" "Each team may have 3 nominees up for auction at a time and a thread will be set up on the message board for the teams to update to keep this system working smooth."

Thanks

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:46 pm

1. You can nominate through For Owners > Auction Bid

2. You must nominate 3 players before you bid on others. If I remember correctly, once your nominated players are won, you can nominate more.

Not sure what the message board part is about, but maybe Carla, Matt or Andy can shed some light on that.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Thanks Ben. I see the For Owners Bid Option now

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:52 pm

Thanks Andy.  I will ask my question now too.

Minor league has no practice squad.  We START 22 players according to bylaws (11/11).  We can have up to 90, but with no practice squad we really don't need that.  We have 1,000 auction bucks for draft use only.  Is it up to us the size of our bench for bye weeks and backups?  Our roster just really is loosely based on 22-90 players and we have $1,000 to spend to make that happen?

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Thanks Andy.  I will ask my question now too.

Minor league has no practice squad.  We START 22 players according to bylaws (11/11).  We can have up to 90, but with no practice squad we really don't need that.  We have 1,000 auction bucks for draft use only.  Is it up to us the size of our bench for bye weeks and backups?  Our roster just really is loosely based on 22-90 players and we have $1,000 to spend to make that happen?

That is correct on my understanding and you have a cap of 120 years

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:10 pm

Yep, that's correct Ghogi!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:17 pm

Yup on all that. I removed the ability for you fuckers to add/drop/trade/IR until the auction is over. While it says you "may" nominate up to 3 players (36 for the conference), it is expected you all will do so as much as possible to keep the auction moving. If multiple people jerk us around and won't nominate all that will be accomplished is that Carla will change it to 36 auctions on a FCFS basis and anyone who would like to whine about not being able to nominate will be pointed at those who couldn't handle the epic responsibility of nominating 3 players.

Hope this helps. Carla will give official info soon I am sure. Gotta run.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:53 pm

Thanks Andy!

Hey Carla! Get your shit together! laughing

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:25 am

North Carolina Cobras wrote:
Ok, probably get fined somehow for this since I am sure I have read all this several times but what the Hell. It's been a long few weeks and the 4th is almost upon us. I am sure many will be trying to refocus after Tuesday's celebrations and then BAM its draft time on the 6th. So just looking for a little refresher course.

1. Bylawss states draft will be held on MFL.
From the bylawys 00. Initial Draft (section to be removed after draft occurs)
b) All bids must be placed on the MFL website.
So, we select players and bid there? When I go there now and select a player, there is an option to add player.
Is this the place we will bid? Just tryimg to be familiar with the process. As also the BYLAWS states there will be a thread on the message board.

2. Also do we have to nominate players before we can bid.
According to Bylaws we "may" bid on 3 but I was thinking I had read elsewhere that you "MUST" nominate players before you could bid on other owner's nominations.  
BYLAWS read" "Each team may have 3 nominees up for auction at a time and a thread will be set up on the message board for the teams to update to keep this system working smooth."

Thanks

The Auction process has it's own hub in the aforementioned "auction bid". You'll get a list of all the players currently up for auction, their current high bid and at the bottom you can add players to the auction. I'm in the middle of one right now and this will give you a bit of insight into the interface.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:29 am

North Carolina Cobras wrote:
the BYLAWS states there will be a thread on the message board.

I'm sure a thread will be started on the message board for general discussion regarding the draft/auction bids and allowing those of us in the peanut gallery to critique mock you guys.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:11 am

Thanks Ross. That's gives me some insight on how MFL works its auctions.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:16 am

Ross has posted a nice view of the screens you should expect to see. The bidding will begin on the MFL message board. There will be a nomination thread here on the site as well (more to come on that soon) this will help owners keep track of their 3 nominations.

If you would like a peanut gallery thread feel free to make one or I can but watch player chatter while the bidding is in progress.

Like Andy said it is intended for owners to have 3 nominations on the board at all times (of course once a player comes off you may need time to notice and nominate) but if this remotely gets out of hand you will lose the privilege of the guarantee nomination process....that is worse than you think. You will want the option to nominate as there is strategy in that process.

You will not want one team who is always online making all the nominations. Trust me they will love it, and you will begin to hate it. This is your auction keep it that way.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:20 am

I am considering a start time of 7 am (EASTERN) for the auction to begin.

Why? I arrive at work at 7 am and I am one of the only people in the office until 8. It is the way I operate ....love beginning my day earlier than everyone. I can watch the auctions start better than way. It also should allow folks across the pond and in many timezones a chance to make their nominations on the first day timely.

Hopefully everyone will nominate 3 during the first 5 hrs the auction starts.

Back to top Go down
Faber College Mongols

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:14 am

Is there anyone here besides Carla that's new to auction drafts?

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:22 am

Faber College Mongols wrote:

I have only done auction drafts for lesser sports. This will be my first for football, but I assume it will be quite similar.

Back to top Go down
Faber College Mongols

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:31 am

I've never done an auction for another sport but I would also assume they are all similar. An auction like this you wanna lock onto your players, put your elbows up and make sure you bring them home, budget be damned, bid'm all and let god sort it out ;) lol

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:09 am

I've never done an auction for another sport but I would also assume they are all similar. An auction like this you wanna lock onto your players, put your elbows up and make sure you bring them home, budget be damned, bid'm all and let god sort it out ;) lol

Yeah everybody. Listen to Charlie's advice! Spend big and spend early!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:11 am

There will be 2 threads- one to keep track of nominations, and one peanut gallery.

Also, don't fuck this up. Having FCFS nominations really sucks for anyone who is not glued to their computer 24/7

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:16 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
There will be 2 threads- one to keep track of nominations, and one peanut gallery.

Also, don't fuck this up.  Having FCFS nominations really sucks for anyone who is not glued to their computer 24/7

rofl

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Having done a lot of ffb auctions and strongly support the limit of 3 nominations per team at any given time...helps with participation and more importantly gives everyone equal part in shaping the auction...and most importantly to you newbies....PKs are always hot positions to fill early, so make sure one of your nominations includes a pk......this guy in particular will be a #1...

or will it be this guy

Oh...that last guy was in the 72' auction.......... dizzy

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:44 pm

I usually do 1 or 2 auctions a year. They are unique and I like them. I'm not an expert but MFL has a great auction system IMO.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:13 am

Ummm I am not new to auctions buster.

Back to top Go down
Faber College Mongols

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:58 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Well shit in that case what advice have you got? thinking2

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:06 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Save your money bid on noone.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:18 am

Looking forward to getting started. I haven't done a football auction in many years and this will be my first on MFL.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:21 am

One trick on MFL- if you put an extra '0' after the amount you want to bid you are much more likely to win the auction.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:34 am

One trick on MFL- if you put an extra '0' after the amount you want to bid you are much more likely to win the auction.

Great advice!

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:17 am

Done that many a time in salary cap leagues where you need to bid in increments of 25000. Absolute nightmare trying to count the zeros.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:28 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Save your money bid on noone.

Waivers are where dynasties are built.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Isn't the hardest part setting up the "big board"  make fun

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:08 pm

MobTown Ravens wrote:
Isn't the hardest part setting up the "big board"  make fun

Stick to that board and you'll surely win the league. wink

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:11 pm

LT should definitely be one of the first players you nominate. Start the bidding high!

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 pm

MFL is blocked at my work. Are you able to make bids through the app?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:32 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:

Unfortunately no. You'll just have to use the mobile site. (I'm assuming you have a cell phone)

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:42 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:

Unfortunately no.  You'll just have to use the mobile site. (I'm assuming you have a cell phone)

Thanks, as long as its available on mobile I'll be good.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:23 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:

Unfortunately no.  You'll just have to use the mobile site. (I'm assuming you have a cell phone)

Thanks, as long as its available on mobile I'll be good.

Yep, it'll definitely work on mobile. I did an auction bestball draft earlier this year almost entirely on my phone. And I'm sure I'll be doing the same for this league.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:04 am

Mine too, its like they want me to do work or something

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:17 am

The new auction software from MFL has been giving me fits. Hope it works better this time around.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:09 am

Ready when you are mo-fo's!

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:09 am

If we're still planning on a 7 AM start time tomorrow then we have less than 24 hours to go. can't wait

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:35 am

Matt,

Try using this link.  

http://newjerseydads.com/community-assistance/

I've used something like this in several other leagues and people have been able to access the site at work even with a filter.

I can also link directly to particular pages, i.e. auction page, etc. if anyone prefers.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:57 am

This is very helpful Russ.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:59 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Thanks.  I'm a helpful guy.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:04 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Thanks.  I'm a helpful guy.

Especially after a long holiday weekend.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:24 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Matt,

Try using this link.  

http://newjerseydads.com/community-assistance/

I've used something like this in several other leagues and people have been able to access the site at work even with a filter.

I can also link directly to particular pages, i.e. auction page, etc. if anyone prefers.

Russ coming through in the clutch!

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks Russ. May come in handy. My work tends to changed the policy randomly.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:56 am

If I may quote Forrest Gump.

"Russ you are a goddam Genius!" Extremely helpful. I can now use the restaurant computer without worrying. Very nice.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:41 pm

I made an auction tab------------so you studs can use for easy reference if you dont want to use the top menu.

I will remove it once the auction is complete so Andy doesnt get hives from me messing with things

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:02 pm

I don't see any auction tab, is anyone else seeing it?

Also when going to "for owners", "auction bid" it won't allow you to go to the bid screen which I would expect, but it does say they're is no auction event on the calendar. It's been a minute since I did a MFL auction, is there supposed to be a calendar event for this in the league?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   

Back to top Go down

Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: