May 2017 Posting Numbers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I feel the same way Mr. English.  It's nuts.

You are the biggest contributor to it. laughing

You can prove nothing.

And Mr. Man you're going to care about bees if there's no food left!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:01 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Just do what I do.  Block half the people

Especially Greg!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:02 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:

You can prove nothing.

I care about bees, just not enough to read about them. I planted wildflowers to help the bees!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:07 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Latvia Unicorns wrote:

You can prove nothing.

I care about bees, just not enough to read about them. I planted wildflowers to help the bees!

That's good enough for me. I'll just have to sprinkle bee facts into random threads to help bump up your knowledge.

Did you know a queen bee can lay in excess of 3,000 eggs per day? That's a lot of kids!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders (blocked) wrote:
something stupid about bees probably

See, blocking is the best!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders (blocked) wrote:
something stupid about bees probably

See, blocking is the best!
ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:18 pm

Your loss!

Did you know that bees will visit up to 2 million flowers to make a single pound of honey?

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Sounds like a lot of sucking

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Larger than the worker bees, the male honey bees (also called drones) have no stinger and do not work at all. All they do is mate.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Larger than the worker bees, the male honey bees (also called drones) have no stinger and do not work at all.  All they do is mate.

FUCK YEAH ED!

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:45 pm

And the queen honey bee will mate 12 to 15 times a day and return for several days for the sex... where I come from.... we call that a whore house

How the Hell did we get back on bees again.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Quit encouraging him!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:51 pm

North Carolina Cobras wrote:
And the queen honey bee will mate 12 to 15 times a day and return for several days for the sex... where I come from.... we call that a whore house

How the Hell did we get back on bees again.

I dunno but this is the most hilariously inaccurate bee fact I've ever seen. A queen only mates once in her lifetime.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:51 pm

Well, to be more specific, she has a single mating flight where she will mate with 7-10 drones. Then never mate again.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:03 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I still read most things. Unless it's something I don't care about, like lacrosse, baseball, golf, or pool. Or Bees.
ROTFLMAO Bees

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:04 pm

Justin either mastered his job or got fired. Glad your back to full speed

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'm glad that others are bringing this up.  I used to read every single message that was posted on the boards.  But, because of time constraints on my end and the addition of the new people, there is no way that I can keep up with all of them.  It's awesome because there are always new posts but I do miss being up to date on everything that goes on here.

agree

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Nice work!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:27 pm

I still read it all. shrug

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:34 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Justin either mastered his job or got fired. Glad your back to full speed

Things somehow slowed down, which is surprising. I expect them to ramp up again as we approach Cisco's year end. It wasn't just the workload though I was pretty burned out on Fantasy Football in general. I think I need to force myself to take a sabbatical for a couple months each year to recharge.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:46 am

This past month was probably one of the months with the most NON football posts I have seen since I have been here. Thanks Justin!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:51 am

Can't tell if sincere or sarcastic

Laughing

troll

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:52 am

England Dragons wrote:

There's too many posts nowadays - I can't read everything anymore...!

whoosh

Out of curiosity, is there going to be a dedicated Minor League Forum? AskingforaFriend.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

whoosh

Out of curiosity, is there going to be a dedicated Minor League Forum?  AskingforaFriend.

Sick of me already?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:56 am

England Dragons wrote:

whoosh

Out of curiosity, is there going to be a dedicated Minor League Forum?  AskingforaFriend.

Sick of me already?  

How could that be? No one could ever get sick of you.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:06 am

England Dragons wrote:

whoosh

Sick of me already?  

How could that be?   No one could ever get sick of you.  

Hrm. Like Nick I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not Laughing

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:44 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
This past month was probably one of the months with the most NON football posts I have seen since I have been here. Thanks Justin!

Is there a league rule on ............

of one's business? thinking2
Should full credit be given for those posts?  Not that anyone here is actually doing that? make fun

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:53 am

England Dragons wrote:

whoosh

Absolutely not. That was one of the reasons why RWTC wasn't working out. There wasn't enough connection between the two and this is one club. I know almost doubling our membership is gonna make it hard for some to read things as thoroughly as before but honestly we already have several folks who admittedly haven't tried to before so if that number grows then it does. I know that if I'm away long enough it can take some real time to catch up but I still do.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:11 am

bummer.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:16 am

bummer.

What it will do for the Main League in terms of filling any openings should more than make up for it IMO.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:21 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

whoosh

Absolutely not.  That was one of the reasons why RWTC wasn't working out.  There wasn't enough connection between the two and this is one club.  I know almost doubling our membership is gonna make it hard for some to read things as thoroughly as before but honestly we already have several folks who admittedly haven't tried to before so if that number grows then it does.  I know that if I'm away long enough it can take some real time to catch up but I still do.  

It may not be a popular opinion but there seems to be an awful lot of posts with no substance. Maybe having a 30 post requirement is fostering an atmosphere of shit posts. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because I love how active everyone is but it is hard to follow conversations sifting through the comments that actually say something and a smiley face comment or gif comment.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:31 am

bummer.

What it will do for the Main League in terms of filling any openings should more than make up for it IMO.

Hopefully. Ultimately, I just don't care enough about 'other leagues' to give 2 turds about what division they are placed in, let alone the analysis of their matchups etc... Could just be me. I guess I'll become one of those who does not read everything and the "mark this thread as read" will become my friend. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:50 am

Can't please everyone.

I know when we had a separate forum for each in RWTC there was almost no crossover and while that could work for some, it went completely against what I was trying to accomplish so won't make that mistake again.

As for quality and quantity of posts, while a few might be wasting everyone's time just trying to meet our quota, the intent and the reality for most is to keep those who are uninterested out of here. I don't think we have been 100% successful but we're close. For some, while they might make posts that we could isolate as not much in terms of quality, it's also a tiny drop in the lake of activity they provide overall so I certainly won't complain at them.

If we were to drop the standard by X or altogether, how many are delusional enough to believe that everyone would give us any real effort? There are a few here now that clearly don't "get it" and I know would go to full scale ZERO if allowed to and I just don't want to waste my time in a league with folks like that ever again.

Oh well, just my take.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:31 am

Thanks Brad. It was a bad month for me with work. My business is being sold and it is very stressful. I receive my buy out offer on Monday. Things should open up for me after that.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:33 am

Can't please everyone.

I know when we had a separate forum for each in RWTC there was almost no crossover and while that could work for some, it went completely against what I was trying to accomplish so won't make that mistake again.

As for quality and quantity of posts, while a few might be wasting everyone's time just trying to meet our quota, the intent and the reality for most is to keep those who are uninterested out of here.  I don't think we have been 100% successful but we're close.  For some, while they might make posts that we could isolate as not much in terms of quality, it's also a tiny drop in the lake of activity they provide overall so I certainly won't complain at them.

If we were to drop the standard by X or altogether, how many are delusional enough to believe that everyone would give us any real effort? There are a few here now that clearly don't "get it" and I know would go to full scale ZERO if allowed to and I just don't want to waste my time in a league with folks like that ever again.

Oh well, just my take.

Right right. Again I am fully on board, was hesitant to even say anything. I don't know the answer I was just stating my observation so far.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:37 am

I like gifs. #post122

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:48 am

Kansas City Kings wrote:
Can't please everyone.

As for quality and quantity of posts, while a few might be wasting everyone's time just trying to meet our quota, the intent and the reality for most is to keep those who are uninterested out of here.  I don't think we have been 100% successful but we're close.  For some, while they might make posts that we could isolate as not much in terms of quality, it's also a tiny drop in the lake of activity they provide overall so I certainly won't complain at them.

Oh well, just my take.

Right right.  Again I am fully on board, was hesitant to even say anything.  I don't know the answer I was just stating my observation so far.

I hear ya man. IN a perfect world, everyone would "get it" and no rule would need to be in place or enforced but we all see other leagues that don't have anywhere near these rules and what happens? Luckily for me, anyone who isn't on board with what I'm doing here isn't captive to my insanity because there are millions of normal leagues out there to choose from.

For myself, if RW collapsed due to not enough people being interested in this level of commitment I would have zero hesitation finding something else to do with my time because I just don't find fantasy football fun without the interactions surrounding it.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:24 pm

My gifs are awesome

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:47 pm

I've got no problem with gifs or smilies. Sometimes it's either reply with one of those or some generic "that's funny." Personally I'd rather laugh at a crazy gif.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:16 pm

I like to post smilies or small comments every now and again so people know I'm around and watching make fun

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:23 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:
Can't please everyone.

Oh well, just my take.

Right right.  Again I am fully on board, was hesitant to even say anything.  I don't know the answer I was just stating my observation so far.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:32 pm

troll

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:37 pm

This must be from May 2014 when Justin was cool

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:40 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
This must be from May 2014 when Justin was cool

You wound me. Let's be real though, I was never cool.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:12 am

Can't please everyone.

Oh well, just my take.

In joining RW my decision was based on the standards overall. But what stood out among those standards were those related to being active on the forum, posting etc...and the tracking of that participation, and being held accountable. There are hundreds of leagues in the ffb world that offer just about every variation of the salary, contract, auction format. Free to a high end fee. The number of active "league communities" are far less...and thats what stood out to me in looking at RW.
It takes time for a league community to absorb this many new owners, start a second league. As to the meaningfulness of posts, which in itself can't be agreed upon, that will change over time. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:01 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:
As to the meaningfulness of posts, which in itself can't be agreed upon, that will change over time.

If posts had to be meaningful, I would have been booted a long time ago.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:23 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:
As to the meaningfulness of posts, which in itself can't be agreed upon, that will change over time.

One can only dream.......

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:41 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
MobTown Ravens wrote:

You two are so cute together.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:50 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
MobTown Ravens wrote:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 2017 Posting Numbers   

Back to top Go down

May 2017 Posting Numbers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: