:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Minnesota Vikings

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:32 pm

What the hell is going on with the stadium project?

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:34 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
What the hell is going on with the stadium project?

They will get a stadium deal for sure. The only question now is will they get the Arden Hills location that everyone really wants.
Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:38 pm

My question is do they take Blackmon or Kalil at #3....

And if no one trade up to #2 to take a QB will the Vikings take the QB on the table?? What if its Luck available at #3???

Are we really sold on Ponder???

Will AP every be the same making Richardson a possible pick??

Can Gerhart really be the Vikings starting RB if Peterson can't return??

Will they get a package of plays that gets Joe Webb in the game every drive as a WR, TE or QB and even RB? They are missing a huge threat by not having him on the field..

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:41 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
My question is do they take Blackmon or Kalil at #3....

Assuming both are available, the pick should be Kalil.

Winsted Psychos wrote:
And if no one trade up to #2 to take a QB will the Vikings take the QB on the table?? What if its Luck available at #3???

I say if Luck or RG3 are available, you trade the pick. There are plenty of holes to fill, and you could get a lot from a team looking to move up for either of those guys.

Winsted Psychos wrote:
Are we really sold on Ponder???

The Vikings organization was sold on him last year when they drafted him. I don't think you can write him off as a failure after one losing season. Get the kid some protection, and at least one capable WR and see what he can do....

Winsted Psychos wrote:
Will AP every be the same making Richardson a possible pick??

Peterson is a workout freak. They're already saying he's ahead of schedule on his rehab. He'll be back...and it's not that Richardson isn't worth the pick, but I'd be extremely pissed off if they draft him at three. If Peterson can't return at all, then I think they'd have to make other plans...but until that is the case, I say you have to stick with AP and address more pressing needs with your draft picks.

Winsted Psychos wrote:
Can Gerhart really be the Vikings starting RB if Peterson can't return??

Like I said, I think AP will come back strong. Gerhart showed enough that I think he could fill in for a few games, if AP isn't ready for the start of the season.

Winsted Psychos wrote:
Will they get a package of plays that gets Joe Webb in the game every drive as a WR, TE or QB and even RB? They are missing a huge threat by not having him on the field..

Yeah, I think they need to find a way to get their play makers on the field more. That's all on the coaching staff...I want to like him, but I'm not sold on Frazier as a head coach yet....
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:28 am

Nice Matt.

I agree with most of that and the part I don't I do not have enough information to fight ya on so right on.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:03 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8270bd3f/article/report-vikings-will-split-tab-for-new-stadium-with-city-state

Quote :
A preliminary agreement has been reached to pay for a new stadium to be built for the Minnesota Vikings in downtown Minneapolis, Multiple anonymous sources told the Minneapolis Star Tribune on Friday.
2012's notable free agents

The newspaper reported that the team, the city and the state of Minnesota have agreed on how to fund the $975 million stadium, with the city set to pay $150 million (in addition to $180 million in operating costs over 30 years) and the state putting up $398 million. The Vikings would shoulder the largest portion of the cost, paying $427 million.

According to the newspaper, the final agreement still needs to be hammered out, though sources said an announcement could be made next week.

Vikings vice president Lester Bagley told the newspaper that "there is no agreement. Everything is subject to negotiations. We're working hard on an agreement, but we’re not there yet."

The deal would need the approval of state and local government, along with the NFL, according to the newspaper.

On Wednesday, Gov. Mark Dayton said during a State of the State address that the parties might have been "getting close to a site, a deal and a bill" for the stadium.
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:57 pm

Why? Why? Why? You have Rudolph... Idiots. And yes, I do have Rudolph in a dynasty league...

Vikings signed TE John Carlson, formerly of the Seahawks, to a five-year, $25 million deal.
The deal reportedly includes $11 million guaranteed. It's a shocking contract for a player who missed all of 2011 with a shoulder injury, especially since the Vikings had seemed to discover a full-time player in Kyle Rudolph. Minnesota was likely forced to overpay for a player it wanted after Carlson reportedly received interest from "at least" eight teams. The deal dampens Rudolph's outlook in dynasty leagues, and doesn't revive Carlson's as much as landing somewhere like the Giants would have. The Vikes can be expected to run a host of two-TE sets in 2012.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Weird with all the positive things I've read about Rudolph.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:10 pm

This fits in line with what the Vikings do.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:20 pm

This fits in line with what the Vikings do.
It most certainly does. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:43 pm

Vikings | Scheduled to work out top two QB prospects Sat Mar 31, 01:43 PM

Quote :
The Minnesota Vikings are scheduled to work out Stanford QB Andrew Luck and Baylor QB Robert Griffin III at some point before the 2012 NFL Draft.

Why?
Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:01 pm

They don't want to feel left out. doh

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:09 am

New Mexico Mad Clowns wrote:
They don't want to feel left out. doh

I guess...

Indy and Wash are obviously set to pick these two and not looking to trade so I just see zero point to it but I suppose its something they do regardless so that down the road they have some info in case one of these guys ends up being available via trade or something.
Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:49 am

I like Kalil a lot for them

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Ya, who knows why they would bring them in? Even if the unthinkable happens and one is available I would still pick someone else. They have a promising young qb.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:22 pm

Maybe they think that they could give Ponder plus a package of picks to move up? If I were Washington and I could get Ponder plus 3 firsts and a second I'd think hard about it...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:18 am

Since when does common sense and the Vikings get mentioned in the same sentence? Were talking about the team that made Les Steckel a head coach ... ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:06 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Since when does common sense and the Vikings get mentioned in the same sentence? Were talking about the team that made Les Steckel a head coach ... ROTFLMAO

vote yes
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:16 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Maybe they think that they could give Ponder plus a package of picks to move up? If I were Washington and I could get Ponder plus 3 firsts and a second I'd think hard about it...

yeah, there is no way the Vikings do a move so bold as this.

Our "bold" moves consist of seeing if we can take JP Losman and spit shine him into a John Elway...it never ends well.
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:31 pm

San Diego Killers wrote:

I don't. I don't think a Tackle should be taken this high in the draft. If you are picking in the top 5 or 10 then you aren't going to turn your team around by picking a lineman. That goes for offensive lineman and defensive lineman. I do believe that having a good offensive line is vital to a teams success, but I don't think that means that you should spend that much to get 1 tackle. Just ask the Browns what kind of success you can have by having one of the best LT's in the game. Especially the way the NFL draft has gone the last few years, most of the teams have selected a LT in the first round. That means there aren't going to be a whole lot of teams that are seeking a franchise LT. There is absolutely no reason why the Vikings can't find a LT at the #35 pick that will bookend their line long term. If I were the Vikings I would select Blackmon or Claiborne.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Vikings should trade out of this spot but instead they'll just let the timer expire and fall back a few picks with no compensation.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Vikings should trade out of this spot but instead they'll just let the timer expire and fall back a few picks with no compensation.
They're never going to live that down, are they??....

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:26 am

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
San Diego Killers wrote:

I don't. I don't think a Tackle should be taken this high in the draft. If you are picking in the top 5 or 10 then you aren't going to turn your team around by picking a lineman. That goes for offensive lineman and defensive lineman. I do believe that having a good offensive line is vital to a teams success, but I don't think that means that you should spend that much to get 1 tackle. Just ask the Browns what kind of success you can have by having one of the best LT's in the game. Especially the way the NFL draft has gone the last few years, most of the teams have selected a LT in the first round. That means there aren't going to be a whole lot of teams that are seeking a franchise LT. There is absolutely no reason why the Vikings can't find a LT at the #35 pick that will bookend their line long term. If I were the Vikings I would select Blackmon or Claiborne.

It's pretty rare that you can turn your whole tem around with one pick. I think it requires you hit on a start quarterback or maybe a Ray Lewis impact type player. I don't think teams should be trying to turn their team around with one pick, you're trying to build. LT is one of the premium positions, along with QB, CB, and DE IMO. There's a reason why these positions consistently get pushed up draft boards. I wouldn't kill the Vikings for taking Claiborne either because he's enother elite prospect and a premium position that is also a big positionof need for Minnesota, but I hardly think that will "turn their team around" either - they'll still have one fo the worst offensive lines in the league, questions at QB, and a lack of offensive playmakers with AD's injury.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 am

Minnesota Destroyers wrote:
They're never going to live that down, are they??....

In fairness, the Ravens should have called the trade in. But the Vikings should have been ready to turn in a draft card anyway. And in karmic retribution, the Ravens got effed by the Bears in the same way last year. You would think a multi billion dollar business could handle trading on the clock more effectively.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:49 am

Should we change the name of the thread to the LA Vikings? surprised rofl

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
It's pretty rare that you can turn your whole tem around with one pick. I think it requires you hit on a start quarterback or maybe a Ray Lewis impact type player. I don't think teams should be trying to turn their team around with one pick, you're trying to build. LT is one of the premium positions, along with QB, CB, and DE IMO. There's a reason why these positions consistently get pushed up draft boards. I wouldn't kill the Vikings for taking Claiborne either because he's enother elite prospect and a premium position that is also a big positionof need for Minnesota, but I hardly think that will "turn their team around" either - they'll still have one fo the worst offensive lines in the league, questions at QB, and a lack of offensive playmakers with AD's injury.

I'm not saying that one pick is going to turn a team around, but you don't get many 1st round picks to build your team around. I just don't think that a tackle should be a main priority for any team. In 2010 WAS and SEA picked one in the top 10 and that hasn't worked out too well. In 2009 STL, CIN and JAX picked one in the top 10 and that hasn't worked out too well. In 2008 MIA picked one first overall and that hasn't worked out too well. In 2007 CLE picked one in the top 10 and that hasn't worked out too well. Just sayin, it doesn't have a good track record is all.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

LT is one of the premium positions, along with QB, CB, and DE IMO. There's a reason why these positions consistently get pushed up draft boards.

This is definitely conventional wisdom but is it valid? I suspect their are plenty of GMs that just do things by the book and hence perpetuate common practice - its not a justification for whether its right or not imo.

Greg Cosell has tweeted some interesting thoughts about the value of a the LT position recently.

To me the question of which position should be prioritized in the draft is based on several factors
1) How important they are to winning a superbowl
2) Success rate in predicting success at that position
3) How hard / easy it is to acquire them in FA / via trade
4) What conventional wisdom dictates most other teams will value in the draft (if you are the only team to value position x highly you can wait longer then your absolute value chart says)
etc.

Interesting debate for sure.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Maybe my post should be in a different thread...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Maybe my post should be in a different thread...

good call man.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm sad to say that while I live in Chicago, I've been a Viking fan since the mid-80's. The Vikings are going to be absolutely brutal again this year. Ziggy needs to sell the team and we need a new coach. Seriously, Frazier is just as bad as Childress.

And someone tell me what the hell was with that brutal signing of John Carlson??? THAT was the Vikings' big signing of the offseason? You give a $25 million, 5 year deal, with $11 million guaranteed to a player plays a position that you don't need. They would have been better off giving that cash to one of the FA CB's or S's. Or how about any OLineman on the market, since they had a terrible terrible offensive line last season. Or maybe a WR? Shoot, they aren't going to win anything this year, so they were even better off saving it for the future.

With the 1.03, the Vikings better trade down. I'm not sure Kallil is the answer as he isn't an elite LT. He's only the best one in this draft, whereas he would have been about the 3rd best prospect in the 2011 draft. I like Claiborne, but if the Vikings can get Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd round, I would pass on a CB in the 1st. Justin Blackmon is a beast and would be my pick at 1.03 if the Vikings are unable to trade down and then take Jenkins in the 2nd. If they are able to trade down a few slots, then my choice would be Matt Kalil in the first and then either Jenkins or the best available WR in the 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Racktacular wrote:
And someone tell me what the hell was with that brutal signing of John Carlson??? THAT was the Vikings' big signing of the offseason? You give a $25 million, 5 year deal, with $11 million guaranteed to a player plays a position that you don't need.
sick

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Quote :
The conventional wisdom that USC's Matt Kalil will go to the Minnesota Vikings with the No. 3 overall pick in this week's NFL draft could be losing traction after coach Leslie Frazier said left tackles aren't the "game-changers" that teams are expected to choose so early.

"You've got to really weigh your options," Frazier told The Star Tribune in a story published Sunday. "Because the philosophy (in the NFL) has always been to get the game-changer. And left tackle is not necessarily the game-changer. Usually game-changers are the guys who can score you points. Receivers. Quarterbacks. So what are we measuring that left tackle against? It's a loaded debate."

That debate, according to the Star Tribune, is if an All-Pro left tackle wins a team more games than a skill-position player. Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said last week that the team is only considering Kalil, LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne and Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon with the No. 3 pick.

Left tackle Jake Long was picked first overall by the Miami Dolphins in 2008. But Kalil, considered to be a safe, elite talent, might even slip out of the top 10, according to Greg Cosell of NFL Films.

Kalil will be the first tackle to come off the draft board Thursday, but perhaps won't align with a team's need as early as many assume, Cosell said.

The draft's third overall slot has become the most watched, because the Indianapolis Colts and Washington Redskins are expected to take quarterbacks Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III with the No. 1 and No. 1 picks, respectively.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
The conventional wisdom that USC's Matt Kalil will go to the Minnesota Vikings with the No. 3 overall pick in this week's NFL draft could be losing traction after coach Leslie Frazier said left tackles aren't the "game-changers" that teams are expected to choose so early.

"You've got to really weigh your options," Frazier told The Star Tribune in a story published Sunday. "Because the philosophy (in the NFL) has always been to get the game-changer. And left tackle is not necessarily the game-changer. Usually game-changers are the guys who can score you points. Receivers. Quarterbacks. So what are we measuring that left tackle against? It's a loaded debate."

That debate, according to the Star Tribune, is if an All-Pro left tackle wins a team more games than a skill-position player. Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said last week that the team is only considering Kalil, LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne and Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon with the No. 3 pick.

Left tackle Jake Long was picked first overall by the Miami Dolphins in 2008. But Kalil, considered to be a safe, elite talent, might even slip out of the top 10, according to Greg Cosell of NFL Films.

Kalil will be the first tackle to come off the draft board Thursday, but perhaps won't align with a team's need as early as many assume, Cosell said.

The draft's third overall slot has become the most watched, because the Indianapolis Colts and Washington Redskins are expected to take quarterbacks Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III with the No. 1 and No. 1 picks, respectively.

Well said

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:22 am

lol does anyone believe that the Vikings are not already decided who their 3rd best player is? nice fluff piece to try and bait someone into moving up.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:25 am

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Quote :

Well said

Really? According to Frazier's own criteria, they're considering three players, and two of them are not "game changers."

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:24 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
lol does anyone believe that the Vikings are not already decided who their 3rd best player is? nice fluff piece to try and bait someone into moving up.

I never assume that they know what is going on...at any point of the year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:16 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:

I never assume that they know what is going on...at any point of the year.

Yeah the Vikings are a mess. Sucks because I have a soft spot for them (My High School team was the Vernon Vikings with the same emblem.)

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:29 pm

At first, I was really sold on them taking Kalil, but now I'm kinda hoping for Blackmon. I mean, they're gonna suck either way, but at least Blackmon could bring a little excitement....

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:53 am

Both the Rams and TB want Richardson. I really think the Vikings will trade down, get an extra 2nd rounder and take Kahil with the 1.05 or 1.06. If the Vikings take Claiborne and Cleveland takes Richardson, TB is kind of screwed. And STL would have to settle for Blackmon only if TB doesn't take him. I think TB and STL both want to jump Cleveland, but it'll depend on what the Vikings are demanding for the 1.03.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:41 pm

I highly doubt the Rams trade up for T-Rich

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:12 pm

CBS Sports' Charley Casserly reports that the Bills want to trade up to draft USC LT Matt Kalil, and would throw in a second-round pick to pull it off.
The Bills would presumably trade up to No. 3 and send the Vikings, at least, picks No. 10 and 41. Kalil would give Buffalo a long-term solution at a position that has seen Jason Peters and Demetress Bell come and go over the last few seasons. The Vikings are surely fielding offers for No. 3 from all over the league, but will be hard-pressed to land a better complementary pick than No. 41. Of course, this story may also have been spread by Minnesota in order to create a market for the third overall selection.

I don't think the 1.10 is high enough to make it worth it. There won't be an elite player at 1.10 and the player at #41 overall will be able to help out the team (safety probably), but not worth it. Hopefully the Vikings don't trade down further than 1.06 and still gain a 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Racktacular wrote:
CBS Sports' Charley Casserly reports that the Bills want to trade up to draft USC LT Matt Kalil, and would throw in a second-round pick to pull it off.
The Bills would presumably trade up to No. 3 and send the Vikings, at least, picks No. 10 and 41. Kalil would give Buffalo a long-term solution at a position that has seen Jason Peters and Demetress Bell come and go over the last few seasons. The Vikings are surely fielding offers for No. 3 from all over the league, but will be hard-pressed to land a better complementary pick than No. 41. Of course, this story may also have been spread by Minnesota in order to create a market for the third overall selection.

I don't think the 1.10 is high enough to make it worth it. There won't be an elite player at 1.10 and the player at #41 overall will be able to help out the team (safety probably), but not worth it. Hopefully the Vikings don't trade down further than 1.06 and still gain a 2nd.

Meh some people project them drafting Blackmon. At 10 they should be ale to land Floyd which is just as good IMO.

I don't see it happening though.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:58 pm

I would be fine with them getting more picks...they need all the help they can get....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:12 pm

I would be fine with them getting more picks...they need all the help they can get....

The Vikings don't need more picks... that's just more chances to fuck everything up!

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:39 am

The Vikings don't need more picks... that's just more chances to fuck everything up!

laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:38 am

Yeah, that's true. Probably their best draft strategy was trading away their draft pick for Jared Allen....any team out there have a stud LT/WR/CB/S they want to trade for the 1.03???

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:54 pm

I just posted this in Utah's Mock Draft thread, but thought it would be worthwhile to copy/paste here too:

Vikings just traded 1.03 to the Browns for 1.04 along with an extra 4th, 5th and 7th rounder. What are the Vikings doing? They just gave up all their leverage for 3 late round picks, in which only 1 of them will probably make the squad. At the very least WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE ON THE CLOCK. Let Cleveland sweat it out and force them to give up a 3rd, 4th and 5th. If they don't, then make a deal with TB, or STL. I suppose the Vikings could STILL make a deal with TB or STL or even Jax if they are scared the Vikings aren't going to take Kalil, but man, as a Viking fan, that's a downer (at least thusfar).

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:00 pm

i think its a good move

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:17 pm

i think its a good move

I just didn't think they got enough. Thought they would have gotten more from another team. In any event, the Vikings traded back into the 1st for Harrison Smith. I don't mind the player, seems like a day 1 starter, but why move up? Was Harrison Smith going to with the first 2 picks in round 2? You just gave up your extra 4th for no reason. Plus I think they gave up too much to move up. The Patriots gave up No. 126 to move up 6 spots to No. 25. Vikings gave up No. 98 to move up 6 spots to No. 29 . Once again, crappy crappy value.
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Racktacular wrote:
i think its a good move

I just didn't think they got enough. Thought they would have gotten more from another team.

Well they wouldn't have gotten 1.04 from any other team.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota Vikings   

Back to top Go down

Minnesota Vikings
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: